Paparazzi Photos/Mika's Family's Photos

dcdeb

As many of you are aware, an Italian gossip magazine has posted some paparazzi photos of Mika and his family and friends on vacation.

The photos were posted here, but I have removed the thread for several reasons.

First off, even though the photos were not compromising in any way, they were a supreme invasion of privacy, not just for Mika, but for his family and friends. Mika may be a celebrity and may expect such treatment from the gossip press, but surely his family does not deserve it.

Also, we have, in our guidelines, requested that Mika's family and friends be granted some respect and privacy, and have asked that their personal details and photos about them not be revealed here. (Item #4.)

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25843

I think that this is how we want to behave, isn't it? When we've had this discussion in the past, this was the consensus.

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4301&page=8&highlight=paparazzi+photos

I like to see photos of Mika as much as anyone, but I don't think we need to encourage the paparazzi to feed the public's odd desire to see the most intimate details of a celebrity's personal life. :dunno: I personally would rather not see the photos on MFC -- as someone else said, there are plenty of other sites where such pap pics can be found.

In any case, let's discuss this again and see if the general feeling of the MFC has changed. Do we want to allow such personal paparazzi photos of Mika and his family and friends on the forum? Most of the comments I read on the thread that was posted earlier today indicate no, but I would like to hear from more of you on the subject. :thumb_yello:

Edited by dcdeb

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like to see them on MFC

If someone wants to see them, they are available on many sites, i'm sure they can find them easily on their own.

i also find, as an MFCer, that it is inappropriate to share them on my personal FB.

Respect here & everywhere

I don't think photos like that should be posted here. Afterall it is Mika's official fan club, therefore we should be the first to show respect for his private time particularly when that time is spent in the company of his family and friends.

First off, even though the photos were not compromising in any way, they were a supreme invasion of privacy, not just for Mika, but for his family and friends. Mika may be a celebrity and may expect such treatment from the gossip press, but surely his family does not deserve it.

Also, we have, in our guidelines, requested that Mika's family and friends be granted some respect and privacy, and have asked that their personal details and photos about them not be revealed here. (Item #4.)

[....]

I like to see photos of Mika as much as anyone, but I don't think we need to encourage the paparazzi to feed the public's odd desire to see the most intimate details of a celebrity's personal life. :dunno: I personally would rather not see the photos on MFC -- as someone else said, there are plenty of other sites where such pap pics can be found.

I totally agree with what you have written here :thumb_yello:

The part of Mika's private life that he doesn't share by choice with us shouldn't be part of the MFC.

I HATE paparazzi. It's a complete invasion of someone's privacy!

I think it's even more wrong and upsetting when it's being done to someone who never calls out for attention, like Mika. It's different when it's someone like Bieber or Miley Cyrus, but... paparazzi can't break people. Remember, princess Diana died because her car was chased by paprazzi photographers. The whole "profession" makes me sick...

Thank you Deb :thumb_yello: I'm upset that pictures like that were taken and don't want to see them posted on his fan club. I know we can't protect him from everything and this is a negative side of being a celebrity but at least we shouldn't be a part of spreading pics like that. So I totally agree with your decision. I feel so bad for him, taking and publishing photos of a private situation like that is just so wrong. So wrong.

As many of you are aware, an Italian gossip magazine has posted some paparazzi photos of Mika and his family and friends on vacation.

The photos were posted here, but I have removed the thread for several reasons.

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25843

I think that this is how we want to behave, isn't it? When we've had this discussion in the past, this was the consensus.

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4301&page=8&highlight=paparazzi+photos

In any case, let's discuss this again and see if the general feeling of the MFC has changed. Do we want to allow such personal paparazzi photos of Mika and his family and friends on the forum? Most of the comments I read on the thread that was posted earlier today indicate no, but I would like to hear from more of you on the subject. :thumb_yello:

:thumb_yello: I totally agree with you here - great that you removed the pics that quickly!! I can only repeat what I wrote earlier today: Leave MIKAs privacy alone! - what he wants to share with us here at MFC, he does :wub2:

Love,love

me

I don't like to see them on MFC

If someone wants to see them, they are available on many sites, i'm sure they can find them easily on their own.

i also find, as an MFCer, that it is inappropriate to share them on my personal FB.

Respect here & everywhere

I Totally agree.

I don't say that I wouldn't read, or even buy gossip magazines with Mika news inside, that would be hypocrisy, because I would and will.

Regarding one's FB page, I think that all the pictures stolen in private moments, one should avoid, but one is free in his own space, I suppose.

BUT, this is his fanclub, I'm sure he wouldn't appreciate, I think it has been a right decision to close the thread.

Edited by Valmont69

I think it's a good decision not to keep the pics here. It's a good idea for a fan club not to indulge itself in paparazzi pics and respect their guest of honour.

At the same time, I would like to make a remark on the privacy issue. Mika himself pointed out a zillion times that celebrity was an unfortunate side effect of being a singer-songwriter and that he always was a songwriter first. That gave him the freedom to say that his private life was not relevant, because it didn't matter for the music. Now that he's becoming a judge in various talent shows, that is no longer true. He is sitting there as Mika the person, the celebrity, more than as Mika the artist. So even though we as fanclub should respect his privacy - because it's the decent thing to do and we're supposed to care about him - at this point I don't think we can blame the paperazzi for treating him as a celebrity. That's what you get if you behave like one.

I have never hidden my extreme dislike of the paparazzi, I think they are scum!

And I am 100% behind Deb on this, not putting any private pics on here, no matter if they have been published in magazines or on the internet on other sites.

And to me it doesn't matter who the person is, Bieber, Miley, Gaga or anyone in the limelight, their private time is just that PRIVATE.

i like Mika for his music and his gigs. I like to see pictures of him too.

BUT i don't think we need to see personal pictures.

he's a human being like the rest of us and his private life is private.

Paparazi don't have any respect, they only care about the money (is what i think)

I think it's a good decision not to keep the pics here. It's a good idea for a fan club not to indulge itself in paparazzi pics and respect their guest of honour.

At the same time, I would like to make a remark on the privacy issue. Mika himself pointed out a zillion times that celebrity was an unfortunate side effect of being a singer-songwriter and that he always was a songwriter first. That gave him the freedom to say that his private life was not relevant, because it didn't matter for the music. Now that he's becoming a judge in various talent shows, that is no longer true. He is sitting there as Mika the person, the celebrity, more than as Mika the artist. So even though we as fanclub should respect his privacy - because it's the decent thing to do and we're supposed to care about him - at this point I don't think we can blame the paperazzi for treating him as a celebrity. That's what you get if you behave like one.

I said in the XF and The Voice thread that we will never know - I guess - if it has been a decision of his, or an obliged one, dued to the not brilliant results of TOOL.

For sure the two shows will make him a celebrity, at least in Italy where I live, where the majority of people have no idea of the face of the man who sings "Relax".

I continue to think that it's not a priority for him, but they are one of the alternatives that will let him do the projects he cares for.

He knows for sure that he will be followed, spied, above all in Italy where the word "paparazzi" was born, and that all the private pics will be on tabloids.

I just think that he maybe hopes that this place (that is a bit HIS for the not only moral support he guarantees to MFC) is populated by people who know him quite well to know what he dislikes.

Yes, I agree, too. Everyone should have his privacy and what drama can happen caused by paperrazzi has shown the case of Lady Diana. But they didn't learn from it:sneaky2::sneaky2: Once Micheal Jackson sung: I need my privacy, paperrazzi stay away from me...They didn't...

Sorry, but I don't agree with that.

The paps can get pics of celebs at public events which is part of that persons job. What the person does in their private downtime is NOBODIES business (unless it's illegal, then the relevant authorities will deal with it).

I get so angry at the paps and their "only doing my job" attitude, it's total rubbish. There is no need for pics like this, no matter who the person is.

I'm sure many will disagree with me, but that's my take on it.

Those were stolen pics and I don't like that, most of all I don't like the idea of seeing other people than Mika in them...that's not good.

About the article tho I would like to tell that was praising Mika for his behaviour and there were no allusions, it also talked about XF of course. I don't think is a good thing of course but I understand how popularity works here in Italy cause if you're popular here you're followed by paparazzi everywhere and there are tons of magazines like that...and if paparazzi takes pics there are many that watch them...so people are as guilty as paparazzi are IMO.

But I agree with the choice :thumb_yello:

Sorry, but I don't agree with that.

The paps can get pics of celebs at public events which is part of that persons job. What the person does in their private downtime is NOBODIES business (unless it's illegal, then the relevant authorities will deal with it).

I get so angry at the paps and their "only doing my job" attitude, it's total rubbish. There is no need for pics like this, no matter who the person is.

I'm sure many will disagree with me, but that's my take on it.

The 'only doing your job' argument is never a good one. Of you truly disagree with what you have to do for your job, you should find a different job.

However, paparazzi do serve a purpose in the sense that when Britney Spears came back with a song everyone knew about it. And that was not because of her record company, it was because she always stayed in the public eye. And as a result, that single of hers was played more than all songs of OOL put together :sneaky2:

What's up with that Mika Italia twitter/facebook, by the way? Aren't they supposed to be the official Mika channel in Italy? They are posting a link to the article...

The 'only doing your job' argument is never a good one. Of you truly disagree with what you have to do for your job, you should find a different job.

However, paparazzi do serve a purpose in the sense that when Britney Spears came back with a song everyone knew about it. And that was not because of her record company, it was because she always stayed in the public eye. And as a result, that single of hers was played more than all songs of OOL put together :sneaky2:

What's up with that Mika Italia twitter/facebook, by the way? Aren't they supposed to be the official Mika channel in Italy? They are posting a link to the article...

I think that considering that the article is not bad at all, in fact is the opposite in the words, they don't think it could harm Mika in any way.

I think that considering that the article is not bad at all, in fact is the opposite in the words, they don't think it could harm Mika in any way.

let's be frank, no one is concerned about the article. we all know what is newsworthy are the pictures accompanying it.