Paparazzi Photos/Mika's Family's Photos

dcdeb

Today I bumped into a famous Dutch singer. Passed him on the street as he was having a discussion with a female. Imagine the paparazzi were there and they took pictures of him and I happened to be in them and see myself in a tabloid next week. I won't be happy if that happens not because people don't know who I am and might speculate, but because there are many people who do know me and I didn't ask to be included. It is all about privacy and respect.

True story btw.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since it's decided not to post "personal paparazzi photos of Mika and his family and friends on the forum" can someone be more specific about exactly what kinds of pics are forbidden?

For example, a pic of Mika & Yasmine at an event is ok still but the pics of Mika & Yasmine on that boat with Ida are not, right? What about a pic of Mika eating out at a restaurant, alone but very likely unaware he's being photographed, is that ok?

just wanna be clear so i don't post anything forbidden :)

Edited by kreacher

I won't be happy if that happens not because people don't know who I am and might speculate, but because there are many people who do know me and I didn't ask to be included.

Exactly. Maybe you don't want your boss or clients to know where you are in your free time. Maybe you're walking with a man and don't want your jealous ex-bf going crazy about it. Etc. etc. You do not need to be identified in the photo.

Remember when some random Amercian girl posted a pic of Mika in a random blog? She had no idea who he was or even his name so he was not identified in any way. But sure enough someone who recognized Mika found it eventually.

I think if you are connected to a celebrity people are even more likely to happen upon these photos. If people you know are aware that you are Mika's cousin or Mika's father they are going to be more likely to pay attention to news items about Mika.

Since it's decided not to post "personal paparazzi photos of Mika and his family and friends on the forum" can someone be more specific about exactly what kinds of pics are forbidden?

For example, a pic of Mika & Yasmine at an event is ok still but the pics of Mika & Yasmine on that boat with Ida are not, right? What about a pic of Mika eating out at a restaurant, alone but very likely unaware he's being photographed, is that ok?

just wanna be clear so i don't post anything forbidden :)

Or for example... Mika and Dita Von Teese paps pictures...in Mika's car, or outside LA thatre... are paps pictures too, Dita is a celebrity ,are they okay?

(same questions for other famous ppl who could be in paps pictures with Mika) ;)

Or for example... Mika and Dita Von Teese paps pictures...in Mika's car, or outside LA thatre... are paps pictures too, Dita is a celebrity ,are they okay?

(same questions for other famous ppl who could be in paps pictures with Mika) ;)

Mika at a public event or with another celebrity is very different than Mika in a private situation with his family, isn't it? Not that we want paparazzi to disturb him, but in some cases it's just publicity and being a celebrity?

Mika at a public event or with another celebrity is very different than Mika in a private situation with his family, isn't it? Not that we want paparazzi to disturb him, but in some cases it's just publicity and being a celebrity?

I wasn't speaking about public event pictures, but about him hangin'out with other celebs. (I get that's worse if there are people who are just Mika's family/friends )

Agree!! :thumb_yello:

If he is in an public even, it's good that he appears in the pics for publicity or maybe I'm wrong.

I wasn't speaking about public event pictures, but about him hangin'out with other celebs. (I get that's worse if there are people who are just Mika's family/friends )

I think there's a difference if he is spending clearly private time with his friend who just happens to be a celeb or if two celebs are hanging out but don't seem to mind photos (I mean, dressed absolutely gorgeous, driving red sport/vintage car, almost posing to photographers, maybe even tweeting about it). I didn't feel bad watching pics of Mika and Dita, they are both celebs and looked absolutely fab and stylish for the event (dinner or whatever it was?) and they sometimes publicly tweet about meeting each other. However, I feel bad if paps take photos of Mika with his family (because I feel it's hurting his privacy). I can't explain it better, maybe mods can tell exact rules.

I think there's a difference if he is spending clearly private time with his friend who just happens to be a celeb or if two celebs are hanging out but don't seem to mind photos (I mean, dressed absolutely gorgeous, driving red sport/vintage car, almost posing to photographers, maybe even tweeting about it). I didn't feel bad watching pics of Mika and Dita, they are both celebs and looked absolutely fab and stylish for the event (dinner or whatever it was?) and they sometimes publicly tweet about meeting each other. However, I feel bad if paps take photos of Mika with his family (because I feel it's hurting his privacy). I can't explain it better, maybe mods can tell exact rules.

You explained it well. Usually when Mika is seen with a famous person, pictures are taken after a public event. It makes sense for photographers to be there. However, it is COMPLETELY different when he's on holiday at the private beach of a hotel, with his family, and photos are made from far away with the subjects unaware of the presence of the photographers.

Guest UnderwaterwithMika

I hadn't read the forum for some time.

I'm not sure a hotel beach may be considered as a "private" place. Should photographers take pictures of celebrities having a good time out of their home is an ethical issue that can only be solved by them.

More important still, should pictures of Mika taken in those circumstances be posted on MFC, my answer would be emphatically "No". When in doubt, let's take the more respectful decision. Of course those photos will go on circulating on the Web but at least we'll have made our point.

Obviously what precedes is only my opinion...

I think when Mika is out with celebs like Dita or Lady Gaga he is fully aware paparazzi will be there taking pics. Also I wouldn´t like to see pics of them in a " private " situation inside a restaurent while they are eating, talking or dancing. If pics were taken at official parties like the pics from that Pyjamas Party a few years ago it´s another thing, celebs know it will happen...