Paparazzi Photos/Mika's Family's Photos

dcdeb

in England there are no tabloids?

Yes and if they start stalking Mika and his family and putting photos of his father and underage cousins in their bathing suits online we will have the exact same discussion. This isn't a cultural issue. It's about human decency. Just because something is happening all the time and isn't illegal does not mean everyone must find it acceptable or blame all celebrities for bringing it on themselves. Just because some celebrities literally ask for it doesn't mean that every single other person in the public eye has voluntarily forsaken their rights to privacy.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes and if they start stalking Mika and his family and putting photos of his father and underage cousins in their bathing suits online we will have the exact same discussion. This isn't a cultural issue. It's about human decency. Just because something is happening all the time and isn't illegal does not mean everyone must find it acceptable or blame all celebrities for bringing it on themselves. Just because some celebrities literally ask for it doesn't mean that every single other person in the public eye has voluntarily forsaken their rights to privacy.

Well said:thumb_yello:

There are tabloids everywhere, and I abhor all of them!

I haven't bought a newspaper for the past 20 years because of this nonsense. When I get a newspaper, I expect to read news in it, not be bombarded by pictures of people on holiday or doing their shopping or whatever with their family and friends.

This isn't news, I'm not sure what you could call it really, but news? No.

In my own home, these journals are not purchased. I am exactly like you, I think like you about this type of printing but I know its existence. I do not speak of their ethical or cultural value, it doesn't exist, I'm reading the message that these images give and in this case it is not negative and even not morbid. That is all. And for a tabloid of this kind, it is so much...

I find other images so much more morbid ..

But you tell me that this is his father, i don't even know!

and no one who reads the newspaper will know...

In my own home, these journals are not purchased. I am exactly like you, I think like you about this type of printing but I know its existence. I do not speak of their ethical or cultural value, it doesn't exist, I'm reading the message that these images give and in this case it is not negative and even not morbid. That is all. And for a tabloid of this kind, it is so much...

I find other images so much more morbid ..

But the fact remains they are having a private holiday, and the pics ARE invasive, whatever message people take from them.

May I summarize no one likes paparazzi, we all agree to not post these pictures on the MFC because we want to respect Mika's privacy, but in this particular case it could have been worse, since at least they didn't make up ridiculous stories or say something bad about him.

Now shake hands and give each other a hug :group_hug:

But the fact remains they are having a private holiday, and the pics ARE invasive, whatever message people take from them.

and his pubes - even covered - in the foreground, or the pictures of the growth of his chest hair, are not as invasive?

someone explain to me the meaning of invasive, please .. (in Italian is the same word ..)

Edited by Miquette

and his pubes - even covered - in the foreground, or the pictures of the growth of his chest hair, are not as invasive?

Are you talking about some of the pics in the attributes threads?

But you tell me that this is his father, i don't even know!

and no one who reads the newspaper will know...

In my opinion it's not about the message that the readers will «get» or knowing or not knowing who is it the pictures, it's about the principle behind. For example, in general when you use pictures and there are people in them, even when they are not the main subjects ( for example in ads, in ethnological surveys, etc.), if you can recognise the subjects, you have to have their explicit permission to use them. At least it's what they thought us at school... And this is for a good reason, to make sure that you are not violating people's privacy.

Nobody gives a flying f*ck about articles. It's all about the pictures. And yes Mika should be aware it could happen but that doesn't make it ok that it happens. Cultural differences or not, it is effectively stalking.

I dont get why you are so aggressive and God knows why even if you can't understand a word of italian you are so sure that the article doesnt matter. The pics are "normal" (I'm talking about the one with MIKA and Melachi only, NOT the ones with his family as I said already shouldn't be there) and they are the excuse to talk about XF and Mika's role.

Maybe I can guess they were searching for "juicy" gossip but they didnt find one (or at least we dont know) and they wrote and article or the new judge beino so happy and sweet with his family and friends...this is good publicity for our standards and I'm not so sure is entirely a bad thing.

I find it very weird that Mika Italia is posting all these pap shots on their official page. I was having trouble opening them so I don't know who was or wasn't in them but even if it was just Mika and Mel they were still taken during a a pap spy mission on Mika and his entire family. Why the f*ck is his record company condoning it by using it to promote him on FB? :blink: Yes it's legal and no it's not Mika's underage cousins in bathing suits...but would it be normal for Buckingham Palace to leave out some of the topless pics of Kate Middleton but post the rest of the pics taken with a telephoto lens while she's sunbathing on their website? It's just bizarre to me. There are a hundred million photos of Mika out there. Team Mika posts any random hot pic of Mika on Mika's FB and it gets 10000 likes in one day. What purpose does it serve to intentionally spread these particular photos around?

Exactly my thoughts :thumb_yello: I don't have time to read every post in the discussion (and already wrote my opinion earlier) but I found Mika Italia posting the paparazzi pics very weird indeed :blink:

Exactly my thoughts :thumb_yello: I don't have time to read every post in the discussion (and already wrote my opinion earlier) but I found Mika Italia posting the paparazzi pics very weird indeed :blink:

Mika Italia just posted the scans of the article, like they did with other magazine articles about Mika

I dont get why you are so aggressive and God knows why even if you can't understand a word of italian you are so sure that the article doesnt matter. The pics are "normal" (I'm talking about the one with MIKA and Melachi only, NOT the ones with his family as I said already shouldn't be there) and they are the excuse to talk about XF and Mika's role.

Maybe I can guess they were searching for "juicy" gossip but they didnt find one (or at least we dont know) and they wrote and article or the new judge beino so happy and sweet with his family and friends...this is good publicity for our standards and I'm not so sure is entirely a bad thing.

è da un ora che lo ripeto... e con che fatica...

I'm not aggressive. If you have read my posts in the past, you should know that I just have a very forward way of writing in discussions. I say the f word a lot, but I don't see what you consider to be 'aggressive'.

When I read tabloid magazines at the dentist or whatever, I don't care what they wrote. I look at the pictures. And even though these pictures are 'normal' they were taken with a telezoom without Mika's consent and therefore I see no point in posting these. They are not interesting, they were taken during a private moment and therefore I don't see why it's ok to post them.

Mika Italia just posted the scans of the article, like they did with other magazine articles about Mika

Yes, and I find it very weird. For me it makes a big difference if the article is a properly done interview/based on facts + the pics taken openly/with a permission/at least in a public situation OR if everything is based on rumors/pics taken without permission in a private situation. I can't understand why his official site is linking or posting scans of the latter one. I just find it weird. Of course I'm glad the tone is positive.

I'm not aggressive. If you have read my posts in the past, you should know that I just have a very forward way of writing in discussions. I say the f word a lot, but I don't see what you consider to be 'aggressive'.

When I read tabloid magazines at the dentist or whatever, I don't care what they wrote. I look at the pictures. And even though these pictures are 'normal' they were taken with a telezoom without Mika's consent and therefore I see no point in posting these. They are not interesting, they were taken during a private moment and therefore I don't see why it's ok to post them.

Sorry then, I should read your post more often to understand your way to reply then :)

About what you're saying here I can tell you the exact opposite...so if you only look at the pictures is not "the rule" and other people can look both pictures AND article :)

Plus if I'm not a fan of mika and I dont know him at all..i can only have good feelings reading the article AND seeing the pics so...i won't waste them completely.

If you say that paparazzi are stalkers I agree with you but is just a fact...they exist.

They posted a whole photo album not just the article. They didn't include all of the pics but what difference does it make? They are using pics that were taken with a teleophoto lens while someone was stalking Mika and his family. It's extremely weird. They can use any photo to promote Mika. Why is it necessary for a record company to spread these around? They are not the tabloids trying to sell papers. Is this how they are going to sell Mika's albums now? Encouraging paps to spy on him without his knowledge or permission?

I don't understand how whether Mika's father is identified in the photo or not changes whether he would want the photo published or not. Regardless of how he feels about it that should be his decision and not the decision of professional stalkers. Come on is this notl just common sense? Why are we even arguing about this?

Sorry then, I should read your post more often to understand your way to reply then :)

About what you're saying here I can tell you the exact opposite...so if you only look at the pictures is not "the rule" and other people can look both pictures AND article :)

Plus if I'm not a fan of mika and I dont know him at all..i can only have good feelings reading the article AND seeing the pics so...i won't waste them completely.

If you say that paparazzi are stalkers I agree with you but is just a fact...they exist.

Yes they exist, and yes Mika knew this was a possibility, but that doesn't mean we have to support it. Katy Perry has specifically asked us not to post bikini pictures or any pictures from private affairs on the forum, because she doesn't want these to spread. These pictures of Mika could also be identified as "bikini" pictures, so regardless of how it makes other people feel, let's just think about how it makes him feel.

So do people who beat their wives but that doesn't mean that everyone who gets married should expect to get slapped around or just tolerate it because it happens to others.

The content of the article is irrelevant. The end does not justify the means and these same people could use the exact same methods to trash Mika tomorrow.

I'm not talking about the right to post them or not. You don't want to post this, it is right. I speak of the fact that in that article, even if stolen, there is nothing harmful, there are no the names and the vision that the public has of this is positive.

Personally for me the signifier is always more important than the meaning, the concept, the substance rather than the form, the casing. And in this case, as the cover is horrible, the message is good .. only this :)

They posted a whole photo album not just the article. They didn't include all of the pics but what difference does it make?

okay sorry I didn't see the album too, but there are just Mika pictures, not with his family or friends.

Okay, they are still paps pictures, but what's the difference with 2011 pics of Mika swimming in Corsica that have been posted in "The Mika Butt thread" ? They are paps pics too...

I agree :blush-anim-cl:

Edited by maggie112

I'm not talking about the right to post them or not. You don't want to post this, it is right. I speak of the fact that in that article, even if stolen, there is nothing harmful, there are no the names and the vision that the public has of this is positive.

Personally for me the signifier is always more important than the meaning, the concept, the substance rather than the form, the casing. And in this case, as the cover is horrible, the message is good .. only this :)

The article is not of any importance. It's about the pictures.

May I summarize no one likes paparazzi, we all agree to not post these pictures on the MFC because we want to respect Mika's privacy, but in this particular case it could have been worse, since at least they didn't make up ridiculous stories or say something bad about him.

Now shake hands and give each other a hug :group_hug:

In terms of MFC policy, if the question in the beginning of the thread was "should we post paparazzi pics here on MFC?" , I think the answer should be no, we should not.

Other sources are beyond our powers. :bye:

Yes, I like these posts very much, as I'm afraid we're straying a bit too far from the original point of the thread.

The question is -- do want to be a part of the trashy press that thinks it's OK to post private photos of a celebrity and his/her family?

I get the sense that overwhelmingly we all agree that we don't. Therefore we will keep the guidelines the same -- and we will try to respect Mika's family's privacy as much as possible.

someone explain to me the meaning of invasive, please .. (in Italian is the same word ..)

More than invasive, I find those types of photos objectifying, and I don't care for them. But if Mika chooses to take his shirt off at a gig where he's performing in PUBLIC and people snap those photos, they are "fair game," I guess. They are not photos that were taken by someone spying into his home, taking photos with a super zoom lens. There's a difference -- a subtle one, maybe, but a difference. :dunno:

Yes, there is a philosophy that any publicity is good publicity. But the fact that these photos were taken probably looking for gossip means, to me, that we should not condone them. As I said earlier, I see that the article is promo for X Factor -- that's fine. If the photos had been of Mika playing ball with Mel only, and they had run just 1-2, I would still be uncomfortable with them. But they online they published two dozen photos of Mika and family. I think that's excessive and totally unnecessary, and I don't think we need to publish them here.