Paparazzi Photos/Mika's Family's Photos

dcdeb

Basically, by saying these pictures are ok, you also think these things are okay:

[YOUTUBE]BXKtN86e7rI[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]czix4w9K0QY[/YOUTUBE]

And yes, the paparazzi are not in Mika's face here. But that is because they were hiding. They were stalking.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

okay sorry I didn't see the album too, but there are just Mika pictures, not with his family or friends.

Okay, they are still paps pictures, but what's the difference with 2011 pics of Mika swimming in Corsica that you posted in "The Mika Butt thread" ? They are paps pics too...

I agree :blush-anim-cl:

Aren't the pics in that thread, and others like it taken by fan club members or photogs at gigs, which is a public event?

Agreed they are objectifying, I don't go on those threads myself, although I am aware of the pics from other threads. But they aren't taken in private situations are they?

Edit. I have just reread that, and I see what you mean, the Corsican pics are pap pics, and I don't think they should be in that thread at all.

Edited by RAK1

ok girls .....

I think that we all agree that this photo may not be published here.

And I understand that some people here don't like this kind of pictures, but unfortunately famous people ( and their family/friends) always have to do with the paparazzi, is the price to pay for being popular.

I will be angry if one day I discover that paparazzi make a lot of photos in the backyard of his house (for example), but in these pictures he's at the beach.. So, we can also disagree with these things, but unfortunately that's how things go in this world....

And as long as people love the gossip there will be paparazzi ..

At the end we can only see the positive thing: as Sarina said, the article talks about XFactor, not gossip about him or his family...

Now shake hands and give each other a hug :group_hug:

:thumb_yello:

As many of you are aware, an Italian gossip magazine has posted some paparazzi photos of Mika and his family and friends on vacation.

The photos were posted here, but I have removed the thread for several reasons.

First off, even though the photos were not compromising in any way, they were a supreme invasion of privacy, not just for Mika, but for his family and friends. Mika may be a celebrity and may expect such treatment from the gossip press, but surely his family does not deserve it.

Also, we have, in our guidelines, requested that Mika's family and friends be granted some respect and privacy, and have asked that their personal details and photos about them not be revealed here. (Item #4.)

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25843

I think that this is how we want to behave, isn't it? When we've had this discussion in the past, this was the consensus.

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4301&page=8&highlight=paparazzi+photos

I like to see photos of Mika as much as anyone, but I don't think we need to encourage the paparazzi to feed the public's odd desire to see the most intimate details of a celebrity's personal life. :dunno: I personally would rather not see the photos on MFC -- as someone else said, there are plenty of other sites where such pap pics can be found.

In any case, let's discuss this again and see if the general feeling of the MFC has changed. Do we want to allow such personal paparazzi photos of Mika and his family and friends on the forum? Most of the comments I read on the thread that was posted earlier today indicate no, but I would like to hear from more of you on the subject. :thumb_yello:

Mi sento chiamata in causa perché il thread con le fotografie di Mika l'avevo aperto io ma vi assicuro che non era affatto mia intenzione creare così tanto scompiglio e ancor meno mancare di rispetto a Mika e alla sua famiglia o ai suoi amici. Io ho sempre avuto e ho un grande rispetto per lui e tutta la sua famiglia e mai mi permetterei di pubblicare qualcosa che possa in qualche modo danneggiarli o offenderli. Quelle foto io le ho messe su MFC solo perché già circolavano su fb e Mika Italia che gestisce il fb e twitter ufficiale italiano di Mika, ne avevano pubblicato già una parte e anche l'articolo scannerizzato della rivista di gossip perciò non ci avevo trovato niente di male per questo motivo a metterle anche qui. Non è la prima volta che anche su MFC vengono pubblicate foto di Mika in vacanza e relativi articoli di magazine, come è successo nel 2011 con quelle scattate in Corsica dove Mika è stato "paparazzato" in barca mentre faceva il bagno con Yasmine, Ida e sua mamma e con relativo articolo uscito su Vanity Fair o come quelle del 2010 a Portofino...in ogni caso lui è sempre stato molto attento a non farsi riprendere nei momenti della sua vita privata, sia con la sua famiglia che con i suoi amici e ci è sempre riuscito molto bene dal momento che è venuto spesso in vacanza in Italia, in Piemonte, e nessuno di noi l'ha mai saputo, la cosa è uscita solo quando l'ha detto lui durante un intervista ad una radio italiana, così come non si è mai saputo niente delle sue vacanze in Francia o in altri paesi se non solo quando veniva detto da lui apertamente. Questo per dire che lui e la sua famiglia sono sempre stati molto bravi, giustamente, nel tenere separata la sua vita privata da quella artistica e che comunque sicuramente ha anche messo in conto che ogni tanto ci sarebbe scappata la "paparazzata" non prevista specialmente da quando ha accettato di fare il giudice a X Factor e a The Voice...

Mi dispiace molto per tutto questo, come ho già detto non era mia intenzione offendere nessuno e tanto meno Mika e la sua famiglia...mi scuso anche per aver scritto in italiano ma in inglese purtroppo non avrei saputo come farlo...se qualche italiana che sa bene l'inglese vorrà tradurlo per me la ringrazio già da adesso :wink2:

per ora metto la traduzione fatta con Google translator e spero che si capisca un po' il significato di quello che ho voluto dire :wink2:

I feel called into question because the thread with photographs by Mika I had opened myself but I assure you that was not my intention to create so much havoc and even less disrespect to Mika and his family or his friends . I've always had and I have a great respect for him and all his family and never would I dare to publish anything that could in any way harm them or offend them . Those photos I put them on MFC only because they already circulating on fb and Mika Italian who runs the fb and twitter Italian official Mika , they had already published a part of the scanned item and also the gossip magazine so I had not found anything wrong for this reason to put them here as well. It is not the first time that even on MFC are published photos of Mika on vacation and related articles of the magazine, as happened in 2011 with those taken in Corsica where Mika was " paparazzi " in the boat while she was swimming with Yasmine , Ida and his mother and with its article published in Vanity Fair , or as those of 2010 in Portofino ... in any case he has always been very careful not to be filmed in the moments of his private life , both with his family and with his friends and it has always succeeded very well since they often came on holiday in Italy , in Piedmont , and none of us has ever known , it is output only when he said during an interview to an Italian radio , as well as has never known anything of his holidays in France or in other countries if not only when it was said to him openly . This is to say that he and his family have always been very good , quite rightly, in keeping separate his private life from the artistic and otherwise surely he also put in mind that every now and then we would run the " paparazzi " not expected to be especially when he agreed to be a judge on X Factor and the Voice ...

I am very sorry for all this, as I said it was not my intention to offend anyone , much less Mika and his family ... I also apologize for writing in Italian but in English , unfortunately, I did not know how to do it ... if some Italian who knows English well will translate it for me thank you even now

for now I put the translation done with Google translator and I hope that you understand a bit ' the meaning of what I wanted to say

Mi sento chiamata in causa perché il thread con le fotografie di Mika l'avevo aperto io ma vi assicuro che non era affatto mia intenzione creare così tanto scompiglio e ancor meno mancare di rispetto a Mika e alla sua famiglia o ai suoi amici. Io ho sempre avuto e ho un grande rispetto per lui e tutta la sua famiglia e mai mi permetterei di pubblicare qualcosa che possa in qualche modo danneggiarli o offenderli. Quelle foto io le ho messe su MFC solo perché già circolavano su fb e Mika Italia che gestisce il fb e twitter ufficiale italiano di Mika, ne avevano pubblicato già una parte e anche l'articolo scannerizzato della rivista di gossip perciò non ci avevo trovato niente di male per questo motivo a metterle anche qui. Non è la prima volta che anche su MFC vengono pubblicate foto di Mika in vacanza e relativi articoli di magazine, come è successo nel 2011 con quelle scattate in Corsica dove Mika è stato "paparazzato" in barca mentre faceva il bagno con Yasmine, Ida e sua mamma e con relativo articolo uscito su Vanity Fair o come quelle del 2010 a Portofino...in ogni caso lui è sempre stato molto attento a non farsi riprendere nei momenti della sua vita privata, sia con la sua famiglia che con i suoi amici e ci è sempre riuscito molto bene dal momento che è venuto spesso in vacanza in Italia, in Piemonte, e nessuno di noi l'ha mai saputo, la cosa è uscita solo quando l'ha detto lui durante un intervista ad una radio italiana, così come non si è mai saputo niente delle sue vacanze in Francia o in altri paesi se non solo quando veniva detto da lui apertamente. Questo per dire che lui e la sua famiglia sono sempre stati molto bravi, giustamente, nel tenere separata la sua vita privata da quella artistica e che comunque sicuramente ha anche messo in conto che ogni tanto ci sarebbe scappata la "paparazzata" non prevista specialmente da quando ha accettato di fare il giudice a X Factor e a The Voice...

Mi dispiace molto per tutto questo, come ho già detto non era mia intenzione offendere nessuno e tanto meno Mika e la sua famiglia...mi scuso anche per aver scritto in italiano ma in inglese purtroppo non avrei saputo come farlo...se qualche italiana che sa bene l'inglese vorrà tradurlo per me la ringrazio già da adesso :wink2:

per ora metto la traduzione fatta con Google translator e spero che si capisca un po' il significato di quello che ho voluto dire :wink2:

:blush-anim-cl:non sono brava con le parole... :hug:

Please, try to appreciate my effort. I'm trying to reiterate a concept is not so immediate, simple, in a language that I write barely.

Anyone's privacy should be affected, even probably no one should be treated as an object but as a human being. Especially if he's an artist, a writer and a healthy carrier of thought, I believe, as I believe you, too, it is right to pay attention to his work and not only to its cover. Whether what he does on stage and in life, should be looked at with respect and ethics, not morbid, if you really had respect for his person.

For this I called "invasive" - and certainly distasteful - a certain kind of look towards his body, not because it is not shown but because it has nothing to do with his artistic message.

But this, both here and elsewhere, because he is a public figure and moody, can not be.

However, if you can afford to count the re-growth of each individual hair, regardless of his songs, why do not accept the "invasive" "horrible" "stolen" appearance of him and his - supposed - family on a public holiday at the sea?

It is better the shape or substance of the image and the message?

(sooo sorry.. forgive me for the language, please!)

Edited by Miquette

I think MJ summed this all up with his brilliant anti tabloid songs, so I'm leaving this discussion with posting some of them. Fact of the matter is that Mika doesn't have it all that hard with the tabloids or paparazzis compared to most other celebs 'cause he's not a mega star. And don't get me started on Perez Hilton, ugh... When I see people going "aaawww" over photos of him and his child after he made fun of Michael's death and children the day he died, I find it disgusting that anyone would think he should even be paid visits to his nasty, venom to the world of a blog. I didn't even watch Mika's performance for his website and I hate that Mika is even bothering to associate with that scum loser, PR or whatever; I would never want anything to do with Perez.

[YOUTUBE]8pU4q-Gcpms[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]rtk5CWOU464[/YOUTUBE]

Please, try to appreciate my effort. I'm trying to reiterate a concept is not so immediate, simple, in a language that I write barely.

Anyone's privacy should be affected, even probably no one should be treated as an object but as a human being. Especially if he's an artist, a writer and a healthy carrier of thought, I believe, as I believe you, too, it is right to pay attention to his work and not only to its cover. Whether what he does on stage and in life, should be looked at with respect and ethics is not morbid, if you really had respect for his person.

For this I called "invasive" - and certainly distasteful - a certain kind of look towards his body, not because it is not shown but because it has nothing to do with his artistic message.

But this, both here and elsewhere, because he is a public figure and moody, can not be.

However, if you can afford to count the re-growth of each individual hair, regardless of his songs, why do not accept the "invasive" "horrible" appearance of him and his - supposed - family on a public holiday at the sea?

It is better the shape or substance of the image and the message?

(sooo sorry.. forgive me for the language, please!)

The problem is, if Mika chooses to take his shirt off for 3 songs at a show, and you want to take pics, moreso videos of that particular song, that cannot be helped that you get those images. And it is on a public stage, so if Mika was uncomfortatble with pics being taken, he wouldn't take his shirt off. and lets not get lines blurred here, on stage this is Mika the artist and performer

These pap pics are taking photos of Mika the private person, which is a whole other world away. He is enjoying private time with family and friends, NOT performing for some money grabbing photographers, who, lets face it, aren't looking for just pics of him and his cute doggy.

The problem is, if Mika chooses to take his shirt off for 3 songs at a show, and you want to take pics, moreso videos of that particular song, that cannot be helped that you get those images. And it is on a public stage, so if Mika was uncomfortatble with pics being taken, he wouldn't take his shirt off. and lets not get lines blurred here, on stage this is Mika the artist and performer

These pap pics are taking photos of Mika the private person, which is a whole other world away. He is enjoying private time with family and friends, NOT performing for some money grabbing photographers, who, lets face it, aren't looking for just pics of him and his cute doggy.

But Mika made

but mika published photos with his family a lot of times, such as photos or shirtless on the beach (for example, on the Dead Sea) with ​​cousins and sisters ​​.. what is the difference?

focus on a particular anatomy is different than showing an artist, albeit without a shirt, singing in a scenic backdrop. As a woman (but perhaps also as a human being) I would be more disturbed that someone photographers my bottom, maybe less if he takes photos of my family.

But Mika made

but mika published photos with his family a lot of times, such as photos or shirtless on the beach (for example, on the Dead Sea) with ​​cousins and sisters ​​.. what is the difference?

The difference is that that video was posted by Mika himself and these pictures were posted without his permission. HUGE difference is you ask me.

The difference is that that video was posted by Mika himself and these pictures were posted without his permission. HUGE difference is you ask me.

And he just take photographes in close-up parts of itself, to make themselves more sexy and desirable?

What is the difference between that and the image of the newspaper? Are not both "stolen" in this sense? Think about it ..

Photos of the family were published by himself, so his family is not hidden. What bothers? The image of his happy family, or the optics in which they are seen? And the images in the foreground, they do not intend to diverge from the other exactly and different optics?

These are stolen and distorted both, but those of the magazine are happy, the other sordid and feticiste....which do you prefer?

And he just take photographes in close-up parts of itself, to make themselves more sexy and desirable?

What is the difference between that and the image of the newspaper? Are not both "stolen" in this sense? Think about it ..

Photos of the family were published by himself, so his family is not hidden. What bothers? The image of his happy family, or the optics in which they are seen? And the images in the foreground, they do not intend to diverge from the other exactly and different optics?

These are stolen and distorted both, but those of the magazine are happy, the other sordid and feticiste....which do you prefer?

I prefer the pictures he himself chooses to share with us not pictures strangers take of his privat life decide to show the public without his permission.

You really, really don't get it do you? Which part of "he did not give permission for these photos taken by paparazzi hiding in the bushes" vs. "he posts pictures of himself and family APPROVED by these people." It isn't about being sexy and desirable. It's about showing respect for a person's privacy. What he does at gigs and what he posts online is his doing but don't come here and say that just because there are pictures of him shirtless, we should be okay with these paparazzi pictures invading his privacy. If you can't see the difference between those two things, then I don't think there is any point in discussing this with you any further.

Also, I don't know if you took a proper look at that article (which I just did) but it's not just pictures of Mika and Melachi...

Fortunè and Andy also appear, I don't totally agree with them being in the picture because maybe they wouldn't be okay to be photographed, but random people don't even know who they are, they just seem "mika's family/friends" ... but that's not an outrageous picture imo.

Fortunè and Andy also appear, I don't totally agree with them being in the picture because maybe they wouldn't be okay to be photographed, but random people don't even know who they are, they just seem "mika's family/friends" ... but that's not an outrageous picture imo.

Who cares if people don't know who they are. That doesn't matter AT ALL. Fact is that there are pictures of them half naked on the internet now. No matter if the picture is 'normal' or not. It is just so disrespectful and I can't understand that none of you see that.

Who cares if people don't know who they are. That doesn't matter AT ALL. Fact is that there are pictures of them half naked on the internet now. No matter if the picture is 'normal' or not. It is just so disrespectful and I can't understand that none of you see that.

I agree that's better not posting this pics here, but I guess they know that if they hang out with someone who is famous it's possible being photographed with him, and maybe they're not so upset as fans are.

I'm sorry, but photographers who are hiding to get pictures, (and make no mistake here, you can be sure they were hiding, because if they weren't they wouldn't have got those particular pics that you see, because Mika would have been more guarded), are well aware of who they are taking pics of.

I agree that's better not posting this pics here, but I guess they know that if they hang out with someone who is famous it's possible being photographed with him, and maybe they're not so upset as fans are.

Oh my god are you serious? His family really doesn't have a choice do they? And you know, all those friends he's had since before he was famous, if they don't like being photographed, they better get the f*ck out and go hang with a non-famous person.:doh: Why should Mika have friends and family who aren't famewhores anyway? Why can't he just go hang with Kim Kardashian instead?

We all have our opinions about paps, and as to whether celebrities should or shouldn't be photographed in their private time, and each is entitled to that opinion and that opinion should be respected by others, but the issue here is whether we, MFC, should post them or not.

I start by saying that I don't know how they feel about the photos.

What I'm traying to explain is, it's okay not posting this pics here and not extre-spreading them over the web, we can't avoid paps take pics of Mika (when he's alone and when he's with someone else) . It happens....that's not nice but it happens if he's public figure...

Fortunately they haven't been caught in some embarassing moment, it could be worse ...

Edited by maggie112

I'm not aggressive, I'm not by nature,I only and always try to reason and think about anything. I did not know his disapproval of 'journalistic article, in fact I was certain, view photos posted on the magazine paper, I was sure it had been stolen but then agreed. Again, knowing the usual perverse nature of the director, so it seems.

I do not agree with the tabloid magazines, I say it here and I have said above in another post. I do not buy them, I don't care. I have no interest in knowing what he does and with who he goes, neither he nor others. I do not care even know if he is a good person. Enough for me to be a good artist .. My speech was about what is good or not good, and what is wrong while being in shape can then essentially have a positive end. And it's true, I am deeply annoyed by a certain fetishism, in respect of each artist .. I find it a bit 'disgusting, voilà ..

Edited by Miquette

Yes they exist, and yes Mika knew this was a possibility, but that doesn't mean we have to support it. Katy Perry has specifically asked us not to post bikini pictures or any pictures from private affairs on the forum, because she doesn't want these to spread. These pictures of Mika could also be identified as "bikini" pictures, so regardless of how it makes other people feel, let's just think about how it makes him feel.

If there is a specific statement YES but I dont know if Mika asked that to the mods here. If yes, sure they must respect that and we must too:)

Ad as I said I agree to not put pics here even if I saw the Corsica ones often in some threads!

Yes, there is a philosophy that any publicity is good publicity. But the fact that these photos were taken probably looking for gossip means, to me, that we should not condone them. As I said earlier, I see that the article is promo for X Factor -- that's fine. If the photos had been of Mika playing ball with Mel only, and they had run just 1-2, I would still be uncomfortable with them. But they online they published two dozen photos of Mika and family. I think that's excessive and totally unnecessary, and I don't think we need to publish them here.

Yes I agree with you about the family and friends pics like i said milion times.

I dont think that any pubblicity is a good one but in this case the article on the tabloid is good and the pics (except the first one) are nice pics where Mika is himself and they show a very great personality so I won't waste them completely!

Edited by Sarina

We all have our opinions about paps, and as to whether celebrities should or shouldn't be photographed in their private time, and each is entitled to that opinion and that opinion should be respected by others, but the issue here is whether we, MFC, should post them or not.

Yes, exactly. Let's bring the heat of the discussion down a notch. :wink2: I don't think there's any need for further argument over what paparazzi should or shouldn't do, or what Mika's friends and family should or shouldn't expect. Obviously, we can't control any of that and such pictures are going to surface from time to time. The main question is whether we ought to post these pictures on MFC when they are circulating out in the gossip press or on the web.

Consider this: What if these photos HAD been a little more controversial? What if they had shown Mika a little more naked than he is? If it had been a nude beach, for example. Or if they had shown him in a more intimate setting? Would we still allow them here? We all know that this could happen. Certainly, we would want to protect Mika's privacy if the paps had gotten more revealing photos, right? We wouldn't want to be the ones spreading them all over the internet. At least I don't think we would. I think we, as Mika Fan Club, need to be a little more discreet That's really what I wanted us all to think about. Someone will always make the argument, "Oh, they're already online, or in the papers, so what's the big deal?" For me, at least, the big deal is that it's Mika, and I don't want to be associated with invading his personal life like that. :dunno:

Maurizia, I also wanted to add that you shouldn't feel bad about posting the photos -- I never meant to upset you. If you hadn't posted them, I'm sure someone else would have, and we would still be having this discussion, which I think is an important one for us to be having. :hug: