2013 -- Swatch signing session in London, UK, 26 November

mellody

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't write a long report as I am not on my own computer.

I'd just like to say that it was a great day, right from the early queuing (to keep Punky company) to drinking the last of the champagne :teehee:. It was great to see people in the queue, including the fans from Korea who had brought a 3-D diorama, the girl with the portfolio of drawings sorry, I've forgotten your user name), the young boy who was a huge Mika fan (and his dad), and the serious Swatch collector who kept us entertained with tales about other Swatch limited edtions.

We were also joined by an Italian girl who was just passing and was absolutely stunned to find out Mika would be there later. She was able to join the queue later, and came to the party too - I think it made her whole year :biggrin2: Hopefully she will be joining the MFC now - she has the address.

The queue has doubled back on itself by then a couple of times and part 2 of the queue had to be started on the other side of the door as we had run out of room :naughty:.

Eventually we got in to see Mika, buy watches, get things signed etc. He gave a little time to everyone (the Swatch staff were trying to get us out asap though hence not many pictures).

Then it was off to the afterparty. We knew that Mika would only be popping in, but he stayed a little longer than I expected. Most of the "old hands" stayed sitting as he went around but he was a lttle crowded by the people who maybe hadn't seen him before (and the non-MFCers who were there).

After not seeing him for so long it was a lovely end to the day.

Thanks for sharing Silver :huglove::wub2:

I'm happy you got to see him at last :mikalove::thumb_yello:

Okay those are not my hottest pictures:mf_rosetinted:

The second one is nice. The first is ehm... slightly less elegant, but still better than most of my pics :mf_rosetinted:

Us Brits pop everywhere. We pop to the loo. We pop to the shops. All we know is that a pop is quick.

Perhaps Mika could pop an album :fisch:

The second one is nice. The first is ehm... slightly less elegant, but still better than most of my pics :mf_rosetinted:

Treasa hates me. That is why she publicly humiliates me with unflattering pictures of me probably eating as that is what I do best.:mf_rosetinted:

I thought the sausages were nice though:mf_rosetinted:

What a lovely day it was :wub: I don't have working laptop (or even mobile) so can't write a report or share pics yet, but a huge thank you to Mika and to his team and to our mods for organizing! Deb, I can't see how else you could have described the situation. I didn't expect him to be there, it was generous enough to organize and pay everything, coming there was a huge bonus and a lovely surprise! I wish people hadn't mob him of course, he left quite quickly because of that but as he came to near our table I was able to sey a few words to him and tell about the lovely day Swatch organized for our team. Everything was taken care of... I will write a blog about it later. Was good to see so many people there :wub:

Treasa hates me. That is why she publicly humiliates me with unflattering pictures of me probably eating as that is what I do best.:mf_rosetinted:

Oh, sorry, do you want me to delete them? I thought you wanted to see them. :doh:

Oh, sorry, do you want me to delete them? I thought you wanted to see them. :doh:

Delete the pics or the sausages? :mf_rosetinted:

I'm afraid it's too late for the sausages :teehee:

I have just seen them on Mika's facebook :lmfao:

Well they are quoted now anyway:mf_rosetinted: Nah it's okay. I wouldn't mind seeing the first one vanish into thin air but the second one really is nice. Thanks!:thumb_yello: