2013 -- Swatch signing session in London, UK, 26 November

mellody

and I deserve nothing as usual :sneaky2:

:naughty:

Thanks for your report Mellody, and kudos to Swatch for such an articulate competition and enjoyable prize.

and yes...my house is open, as always...:huglove:

Of course, brontolona, you deserve this:

:tongue2:

mind you, or I'll break padellone onto your head!

:bonk:

Deb!

Moderators!

Please, help me!

Robi is bullying me!!! :bleh:

It was a diabolic joke. But she is agree!!! :doh:

:original:

Come on girls :naughty:

Sing this together , please :mikacool:

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, here my little account of last night. I really don't want to sound ungrateful, because I really appreciated the idea behind yesterday, so I want to start by saying a huge thanks to Mika and to MFC (particularly Deb) for helping do this and sorting out what was within their reach. So yes, a big thank you for that! :huglove:

I got to the signing thing with hotdlp and JemmaLee, and we were asked to join the queue to the right as opposed to the one on the left, as the guy said that they were trying to even them out. We soon saw once they started letting people in though, that this was not the case and that they were only letting in people from the other queue... and after a lot of waiting, queuing and pushing, the security guys started telling us that he only had 10 mins left and we would most likely miss out. Of course, this was hugelt disappointing as we felt like once again we could not get to see him in home turf and lots of randoms had joined the queue when they were just walking down the street and got attracted by the amount of people and photos, etc...

In the end (I still don't know how!) after a lot of blood and tears (:naughty:) we managed to go in and see him. There was a queue and you basically got ushered along to see him for a few moments, whilst he signed whatever for you.

When it was my turn I just told him that I was only there to say hi, as we don't get to see much of him these days, so we just had a nice little chat and then I went off without anything signed. I think that I have enough Mika signatures, really, and he was signing a massive photo which I would have had no idea what to do with :naughty:

By the time we left the shop it must have been already nearly 7, when the party was about to start, so we went to the pub nearby for the party and had a little chat with Luke and Ingie and just got a drink, etc.

As everything was a bit packed and we were tired we decided to stand in a bit of a corner area so we could lean against a table because there weren't many chairs and this was the only place that was not right in the middle, and where we could sort of "sit".

We also thought that we wouldn't want to stand right there and sort of be in his way when he came into the room, and that he should be given some space in order to do the rounds so we'd be a bit of a problem standing right there. Oh what a mistake that turned out to be :teehee:

As he entered the room, a small but very persistent mob of fans stuck to him and followed him as he was trying to move around a bit. Some people were even taking video or photos of him with a massive flash shining in his eyes from a really close distance, maybe like 20 cm. It really was unbelieavable that given such a chance to be in what could be a fantastically privileged setting with him, they would behave like this, but sadly I have come to realise that expecting the same standards from others as you would have from yourself is pointless and the reality has shown me that at these gigs and events, there are always a bunch of people who just are unable to behave.

As it went, he just sort of walked around a very tiny bit and gave his speech, and off he went out again without even making it to where we were. As usual, we missed out for being polite and not pushing anyone around, which I guess I should already be used to but for some reason it just never seems to sink in:doh:

As we had a very early morning the following day, we had a bit of a chat with Silver and Kath and left shortly after to go back home with a slight bitter feeling. It could have been so fantastic, but sadly it always goes bad for the same reasons.

This was nothing like the impromptu pub party that he did the other time, and it just seems like we will have to hang onto that memory because these events are the norm nowadays.

Anyway, this is my view. Of course I don't want to make anyone feel bad about having had a great experience and I am very glad for them, but for me it was just a washout. The signing was the only proper moment with him and I was thinking that we'd have the chance to see him a bit more later, which I found quite incredible.

Still, I really appreaciate the fact that he's done this for his fans so thanks Mika, even if some of your fans just can't seem to behave themselves :shocked:

Hi Sara, we could not lecture people when we were far less...go fancy now that there are millions! I've lost all my hopes long time ago, and the signing in Milan was just a disgusting riot of people. Actually people is not the right word....let's say 'beings' because animals would mean insulting the category.

That's why most of the times I keep far from the chances we have to meet him here (and I'm sure some people appreciate :naughty:)...because it's just being in the mob, and I don't like to be seen as a mobber.

does 'mobber' exist? :naughty:

All in all a great day ! Starting queuing at about 1pm. Got into the shop at about quarter to 6. Mika was lovely as usual and so sweet. Gave him my sketches and he said they were ****ing amazing. He also signed some drawings my little brother and sister did for him which was really sweet. Got to the pub with Ingie, Niko and Luke at around half 6. Drinks or course on the house :) Food was quite nice apart from the questionable sausages ! Mika arrived i think at about quarter past 7. Was lovely to see him. He got round to talk to almost everyone, even though he got followed round by a few people. Lovely speech followed by Mika handing me a glass of champagne. Lovely end to the evening, sadly had to leave shortly after Mika as I had an exam the next morning. It was so lovely meeting everyone !

I'm happy for you all!!!

And i'm a little bit sad because i miss you, all my MFC friends.

Come on! Since you love Mika please copycat him!

Join us in Italy and learn italian!

Robertina will be happy to host you all at her house! :naughty:

And i will drive you everywhere! :drive:

:lmfao:

I would like to take you up on that offer! One of these days!

Please don't feel bad! The fact that Mika decided to throw a party in conjunction with the MFC, proves that the fanclub is a reliable partner when it comes to organizing things. In my opinion there was no better way to express that it was uncertain whether Mika was showing up at the party. It's so easy to express displeasure... I'm just proud of everyone who runs the MFC; it's a warm-hearted community! So please keep in mind that there a lot of people, that appreciate all of your hard work and the work of other moderators. :huglove:

Thanks. I think we (all of the MFC mod team) try really hard to do what's best for all the fans -- it's not about excluding anyone or trying to deceive anyone, or just trying to help our friends.

Of course, brontolona, you deserve this:

:tongue2:

Robi, what have you done to Allegra?! :teehee:

Deb!

Moderators!

Please, help me!

Robi is bullying me!!! :bleh:

you cannot (Ape) escape!

and Deb doesn't know what 'padellone' is :mf_rosetinted:

I'm guessing, a big... something? A frying pan? :dunno: It's not in my Italian vocabulary... or my dictionary!

:aah:

So where are all the photos? Didn't anyone take any? :shocked:

Edited by dcdeb

Ok, here my little account of last night. I really don't want to sound ungrateful, because I really appreciated the idea behind yesterday, so I want to start by saying a huge thanks to Mika and to MFC (particularly Deb) for helping do this and sorting out what was within their reach. So yes, a big thank you for that! :huglove:

I got to the signing thing with hotdlp and JemmaLee, and we were asked to join the queue to the right as opposed to the one on the left, as the guy said that they were trying to even them out. We soon saw once they started letting people in though, that this was not the case and that they were only letting in people from the other queue... and after a lot of waiting, queuing and pushing, the security guys started telling us that he only had 10 mins left and we would most likely miss out. Of course, this was hugelt disappointing as we felt like once again we could not get to see him in home turf and lots of randoms had joined the queue when they were just walking down the street and got attracted by the amount of people and photos, etc...

In the end (I still don't know how!) after a lot of blood and tears (:naughty:) we managed to go in and see him. There was a queue and you basically got ushered along to see him for a few moments, whilst he signed whatever for you.

When it was my turn I just told him that I was only there to say hi, as we don't get to see much of him these days, so we just had a nice little chat and then I went off without anything signed. I think that I have enough Mika signatures, really, and he was signing a massive photo which I would have had no idea what to do with :naughty:

By the time we left the shop it must have been already nearly 7, when the party was about to start, so we went to the pub nearby for the party and had a little chat with Luke and Ingie and just got a drink, etc.

As everything was a bit packed and we were tired we decided to stand in a bit of a corner area so we could lean against a table because there weren't many chairs and this was the only place that was not right in the middle, and where we could sort of "sit".

We also thought that we wouldn't want to stand right there and sort of be in his way when he came into the room, and that he should be given some space in order to do the rounds so we'd be a bit of a problem standing right there. Oh what a mistake that turned out to be :teehee:

As he entered the room, a small but very persistent mob of fans stuck to him and followed him as he was trying to move around a bit. Some people were even taking video or photos of him with a massive flash shining in his eyes from a really close distance, maybe like 20 cm. It really was unbelieavable that given such a chance to be in what could be a fantastically privileged setting with him, they would behave like this, but sadly I have come to realise that expecting the same standards from others as you would have from yourself is pointless and the reality has shown me that at these gigs and events, there are always a bunch of people who just are unable to behave.

As it went, he just sort of walked around a very tiny bit and gave his speech, and off he went out again without even making it to where we were. As usual, we missed out for being polite and not pushing anyone around, which I guess I should already be used to but for some reason it just never seems to sink in:doh:

As we had a very early morning the following day, we had a bit of a chat with Silver and Kath and left shortly after to go back home with a slight bitter feeling. It could have been so fantastic, but sadly it always goes bad for the same reasons.

This was nothing like the impromptu pub party that he did the other time, and it just seems like we will have to hang onto that memory because these events are the norm nowadays.

Anyway, this is my view. Of course I don't want to make anyone feel bad about having had a great experience and I am very glad for them, but for me it was just a washout. The signing was the only proper moment with him and I was thinking that we'd have the chance to see him a bit more later, which I found quite incredible.

Still, I really appreaciate the fact that he's done this for his fans so thanks Mika, even if some of your fans just can't seem to behave themselves :shocked:

I will write a blog later, but I'm just going to say I completely agree with you on the mobbing thing. He obviously didn't like it as he wanted to make his way to some tables/people but the mob wouldn't let him. I even heard some girls nearly forced him to take a picture with him, like blocking his way when he went out even though he said he wouldn't take pictures. I'm happy he turned up as that was sweet, but the party didn't get started until he was gone and all the randommers either left or chilled the f*ck out.

During my chat with him at the signing we spoke about Milan as well and when I said this was a little less hectic he said: "Yes...THANK GOD." :mf_rosetinted:

I´m happy to read that British fans had a wonderful AND SO DESERVED time yesterday. Let´s hope it´s not an isolated thing, and he will be back to his country soon.

All your reports sound happy! YAY:thumb_yello:

Amen to that! I hope for something in the UK next year. Mika really is the best celeb there is, so considerate and thoughtful to his fans. I'm glad you all had a great time, apart from the mob mentality of some people.

During my chat with him at the signing we spoke about Milan as well and when I said this was a little less hectic he said: "Yes...THANK GOD." :mf_rosetinted:

Even I will say, "Thank God" in a few months when here in Milan everything will be less hectic... :mf_rosetinted:

Btw, I'm very happy that this signing session went good: his UK fans don't ever disappoint him :wub2: I really hope that he will be do much more in UK next year...it's a real pity that he does so little there.

:bye:

What a wonderful few days I've had. Thanks to Mika for a wonderful evening.

Deb, thanks also for helping arrange this and for all the work you and the mods put in to keep this place running so smoothly. :huglove: It never ceases to amaze me that there are people out there who will moan and groan and pick at things you say or do. Deb, your message re Mika being at the party was perfectly clear.

Anyways, I've just had a great time, thanks to all the people I met, new friends and the old reliables. :wink2:

The party was good, and Mika's arrival was the icing on the cake. It's inevitable that there are going to be people who will crowd around him, people get caught up in the moment and get excited but I wouldn't have called it 'mobbing'. I was one of those people taking photos, I don't remember us being asked not to.

Deb, thanks also for helping arrange this and for all the work you and the mods put in to keep this place running so smoothly. :huglove: It never ceases to amaze me that there are people out there who will moan and groan and pick at things you say or do. Deb, your message re Mika being at the party was perfectly clear.

Anyways, I've just had a great time, thanks to all the people I met, new friends and the old reliables. :wink2:

The party was good, and Mika's arrival was the icing on the cake. It's inevitable that there are going to be people who will crowd around him, people get caught up in the moment and get excited but I wouldn't have called it 'mobbing'. I was one of those people taking photos, I don't remember us being asked not to.

There is a difference between taking pictures and shoving a camera in his face and making sure he can't go wherever he wants to go.

There is a difference between taking pictures and shoving a camera in his face and making sure he can't go wherever he wants to go.

I guess I was too busy taking my own pics to notice, and as I had the long lens on the camera I can photos from a good distance.

i loved his hair, even without the curls. :wub2: there wasn't much, i mentioned the peace project and he nodded and smiled so i think he remembered. and i said it was important for you to let him know it was organized by isaeli fans. he said ok, and that was it - it was in a hurry since there were a lot of ppl behind me waiting to meet him. :teehee:

:bow::bow: (Thank you thank you thank you)^638463 :wub2:

And I read most of the things, all I wanna say is that I like it so much this whole family spirit between you and mika :blush-anim-cl: Really, that's amazing and I'm truly glad for you! :teehee:

Edited by lollipop161

I just wanted to add my 2 cents.

First off thanks so much for Mika, team Mika and the mods here. It really was a lovely gesture.

Due to work commitments I couldn't queue as early as others and therefore had major issues in the queue. We queued for about 1 1/2hr and as Sara said they announced that Mika would be leaving in 10 minutes and at this point I really thought that we wouldn't get to see him. The pushing and shoving was horrendous and the door staff really had no clue. It really reminded me of the Brighton centre (if you've been there). When we were squashed like sardines the girl in front of me sparked up a cigarette (really not the done thing whilst queuing).

Luckily we did eventually get in. I had a little chat with Mika and he signed my swatch card. My voice always goes high and I sound like a drooling idiot when I speak to him but we chatted about how it's been such a long time since we've seen each other etc. really lovely :wub2:

So we went to party and spoke to ingie and Luke and got a drink- thanks Mika :D

As Sara said there was no where to sit as we arrived at about 7pm so we stood in the corner out of the way.

Mika arrived and said hello to everyone. He was given a glass if champagne and said he wanted to get a beer, it looked like he wanted to go to the bar but then the mob started. He still had his coat on. He said a little speech about how he was making up it to the uk fans- hopefully someone will have this on video. He tried to walk around the room and speak to everyone but the mob followed.

We didn't get to speak to him to say thank you as he left after about 5 mins.

I felt quite upset that I didn't get the chance to say thank you to him on my home turf. It really was a lovely thing to do.

We left early as it's a school night and had a long journey home. It was nice to catch up with Silver and Kath and for Rose pointing at me and saying she was still on a look out for a pineapple hat:naughty:

Attached is a pic of the party. Mika is in there somewhere. I think it would be perfect for Bab's album.

post-20-142983701378_thumb.jpg

Edited by jemmalee

Happy reading your report Treasa :mikalove: and glad you could take pics :naughty::wub2:

I can't write a long report as I am not on my own computer.

I'd just like to say that it was a great day, right from the early queuing (to keep Punky company) to drinking the last of the champagne :teehee:. It was great to see people in the queue, including the fans from Korea who had brought a 3-D diorama, the girl with the portfolio of drawings sorry, I've forgotten your user name), the young boy who was a huge Mika fan (and his dad), and the serious Swatch collector who kept us entertained with tales about other Swatch limited edtions.

We were also joined by an Italian girl who was just passing and was absolutely stunned to find out Mika would be there later. She was able to join the queue later, and came to the party too - I think it made her whole year :biggrin2: Hopefully she will be joining the MFC now - she has the address.

The queue has doubled back on itself by then a couple of times and part 2 of the queue had to be started on the other side of the door as we had run out of room :naughty:.

Eventually we got in to see Mika, buy watches, get things signed etc. He gave a little time to everyone (the Swatch staff were trying to get us out asap though hence not many pictures).

Then it was off to the afterparty. We knew that Mika would only be popping in, but he stayed a little longer than I expected. Most of the "old hands" stayed sitting as he went around but he was a lttle crowded by the people who maybe hadn't seen him before (and the non-MFCers who were there).

After not seeing him for so long it was a lovely end to the day.

Hi everybody!

I was first not intending to go to London as I already went to Paris event, but I finally decided in the last minute to go: one of my student cancelled his early lesson for the Tuesday morning, then the idea started slowly to come into my mind that I could take the night bus to attend the signing session and especially the MFC party. I have to say that I asked people on Twitter to help me not doing this crazy thing but they almost all did the contrary, telling me to go :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

So my bus arrived the morning at 5 :aah:, I went straight to Oxford street hoping to find a coffeeshop but no one was opened of course :doh: Fortunately, I heard someone calling me and I found Lasher :wub2: We went to her place to warm us a bit, then tried to find a coffeeshop with wifi so I could work in the morning. Unfortunately my meeting was cancelled, so I started to queue much earlier than I had intended too, around 10:30 :aah::aah:

We queued all day long but it was really nice to be with MFCers that I usually don't meet. I met also new people, especially a young boy with his Dad (the one you can see on the pics on Facebook), he is so cute, it was his first meeting with Mika I think, he was so excited!! Lasher had brought wonderfull stuff from Korea, I hope she can put a picture of what she gave to Mika, it's wonderful! And you may already have seen on Twitter the pics of her with her Tofu doll head, it was really funny all day long.

Then, signatures: We were among the first to enter after all the VIP people (congrats to Mellody, Lara May and Nina!!), but everything was already in a hurry... As usual, I didn't manage to tell MIka half of what I wanted, but I think that's my fate :naughty:

But it was really nice to see people for whom it was the first time to meet him :wub2:

The crowd was well behaved, no shouting, not so many cries I think :naughty:

Then after party, I enjoyed it so much!! A huge thank you to Mika for organizing that! Knowing that made the party even more enjoyable :wub2: As people said, he stayed only 10 minutes, and I also had this feeling that he was mobbed and couldn't find his way to escape to go to meet other people in the corners of the room. I think he then left because he was fed up to be surrounded by so many people. I think he would have hoped something like Colmar where everybody was quietly seated at table and he was the one moving around. But I also understand that some people were trying to get all what they could from him, as they didn't get to meet him often.

I loved when he decided to go to the quiet Odlings table :wub2: (especially that I was in that corner at that moment :teehee:)

Unfortunately I was sooo tired that I couldn't understand any word of what he was saying at the party. Please, could someone try to report in details what he said?

Then he left and most of the crowd left, we continued chatting, it was really nice.

And the woman of Mika team came to ask us if we needed more stuff to eat before paying everything and leaving, that was really kind.

Then I left and walked back to Victoria bus station, I really enjoyed this quiet moment alone in a beautifull city, remembering all the nice events of the day :wub2:

(the travel back to France was crazy, but that's another story :teehee:)

I want to say thank you to Deb for saying clearly that Mika may not come or only shortly to the party, so I was mentally prepared for not seeing him and "only" enjoying MFCers company. The party with MFCers (and organized by Mika :mf_rosetinted:) was the reason why I decided to go to London. And so it was like a nice surprise to see that he came to say hello, and I didn't mind that he stayed only shortly.

Unfortunately there is always people to criticize things being done, when they themselves don't do anything. I'm still a newbie but I'm already understanding that :aah:

So, thank you again to Mika, to our mods and to all the MFCers and fans I met there, I had such a great time thanks to you :huglove:

And as someone said, we really could feel the nice feeling among MFC, everybody helping everybody, enjoying each other compagny, and accepting others with their differences without jalousy feeling. That's what I like at MFC and I'm proud to be part of it

Edited by Alireine