2013 -- Swatch signing session in London, UK, 26 November

mellody

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did Silver give him a Song for Sorrow book? I think I remember he said he had no one for him left, right?

He said he only had a prototype version and not the finished one with the disc -I had a spare copy so I took that along to the signing. Tbh I thought someone would given him a copy by now, it was ages ago that he mentioned it.

He said he only had a prototype version and not the finished one with the disc -I had a spare copy so I took that along to the signing. Tbh I thought someone would given him a copy by now, it was ages ago that he mentioned it.

He must have been very happy to receive it! That's so funny, you are the one offering him his stuff :naughty:

Here is my blog including a very nice video of our balloon adventures: http://ingridchant.blogspot.nl/2013/11/signing-champagne-and-balloon-party-in.html

Very cute. But who is AKIM? :naughty:

Did Silver give him a Song for Sorrow book? I think I remember he said he had no one for him left, right?

:shocked: I had a spare that I tried to give him back in April, but he wouldn't take it. It was sealed, never opened. Instead he had me open it so he could sign it and gave it back to me, telling me to keep it! Guess he realized they are harder to come by than he thought they would be. :naughty:

:shocked: I had a spare that I tried to give him back in April, but he wouldn't take it. It was sealed, never opened. Instead he had me open it so he could sign it and gave it back to me, telling me to keep it! Guess he realized they are harder to come by than he thought they would be. :naughty:

You can give it to me if you want to get rid of it. :naughty:

I was very worried to miss out yesterday but it did turn very well.

I met new MFCers and saw some familiar faces :wink2:

Even though the signing was a bit rushed, I managed to speak to Mika and he seems to have took time for everyone and stayed longer to sign I believe so hopefully every fan managed to meet him.

I managed to get the limited watch so I was very very happy. But such an heavy box!

We went to the after party which was not crowded so it was very nice.

Big thanks to Mika for organising this event, for providing champagne :drinks_wine: and to the other people involved. It was such a nice gesture from him to his fans! Even tired, he came by which was nice.

His manager is also very nice.

That's because you're a sweetheart Silver :wub2:

Well done :thumb_yello:

He must have been very happy to receive it! That's so funny, you are the one offering him his stuff :naughty:

He looks so happy with his Songs For Sorrow on the pics :wub2:

just uploaded 2 of my pix, one of before the signing when he was posing for the photographers, and one of the party:

http://twitpic.com/dmtfg0

http://twitpic.com/dmtfml

more when i'm back home. gotta pack my suitcase now and then off to bed, need to leave for the airport tomorrow at 8am. :aah:

Hi everybody!

First of all, thank you to Deb (as I understood you were the relay between MFC and the MikaTeam) for organising this little after-party.

Then, thank you to all the people I met during the queue. You all are very nice and I hope to see you next time!

This event was the first time I had the chance to meet MIKA. I saw him once in concert in 2010 and then, never had the chance to be in the same country as him... So, you can imagine how happy/excited I was (do you remember your first meeting with him? :) )

The SWATCH event was, in my opinion, very good. He took the time to talk to us (maybe because we were the first ones?) and Chandon's meeting with MIKA (the "little boy") worth this long afternoon !

Here are some of my photos!

mini_308026IMG0336.jpg

mini_797560IMG0348.jpg

mini_801190IMG0374.jpg

mini_691390IMG0356.jpg

Now, the "after party". Can I say the music was perfect? ahah I was hoping to meet new mikafans during this event. The ones I read everyday here or the ones I follow on Twitter and who don't know me ahah As I am "shy" and some groups were already created I didn't talk to a lot of people, but it was lovely to meet some new people!

When Mika arrived, I also saw the "little crowd" moving with him. I have to confess I filmed his speech, but don't blame me :fisch: I was far from him. I stayed quite far from him, even if I didn't stay at my table. (under the stairs, like Harry Potter ahah) I really reacted normally, but I think people are more "extrovert" and can react differently. (or maybe it is a cultural difference?)

If you would like to hear his speech, I uploaded it on Youtube (don't know if I have the right? I've put it in unlisted. I'm a newbie, so if no, please tell me and I remove it immediatly :) ):

[YOUTUBE]dp7YIzhFVx0[/YOUTUBE]

EDIT : Oups I don't know how to integrate the video ? can someone help me ? :(

EDIT BIS : THANK YOU mellody :D

and I only took a few photos:

mini_271254IMG0390b.jpg

mini_873190IMG0391b.jpg

mini_469503IMG0408.jpg

mini_371995IMG0410.jpg

I didn't manage to thank him for this idea as he was "escaping" but I think I thank the two girls from the MikaTeam three times ahah (By the way, they are really nice... and I realise EVERYONE was really nice yesterday!)

I think this day will definitely stay my best day during my stay in England :thumb_yello:

Edited by Mamy

Hi everybody!

First of all, thank you to Deb (as I understood you were the relay between MFC and the MikaTeam) for organising this little after-party.

Then, thank you to all the people I met during the queue. You all are very nice and I hope to see you next time!

This event was the first time I had the chance to meet MIKA. I saw him once in concert in 2010 and then, never had the chance to be in the same country as him... So, you can imagine how happy/excited I was (do you remember your first meeting with him? :) )

The SWATCH event was, in my opinion, very good. He took the time to talk to us (maybe because we were the first ones?) and Chandon's meeting with MIKA (the "little boy") worth this long afternoon !

mini_308026IMG0336.jpg

mini_797560IMG0348.jpg

mini_801190IMG0374.jpg

mini_691390IMG0356.jpg

Now, the "after party". Can I say the music was perfect? ahah I was hoping to meet new mikafans during this event. The ones I read everyday here or the ones I follow on Twitter and who don't know me ahah As I am "shy" and some groups were already created I didn't talk to a lot of people, but it was lovely to meet some new people!

When Mika arrived, I also saw the "little crowd" moving with him. I have to confess I filmed his speech, but don't blame me :fisch: I was far from him. I stayed quite far from him, even if I didn't stay at my table. (under the stairs, like Harry Potter ahah) I really reacted normally, but I think people are more "extrovert" and can react differently. (or maybe it is a cultural difference?)

If you would like to hear his speech, I uploaded it on Youtube (don't know if I have the right? I've put it in unlisted. I'm a newbie, so if no, please tell me and I remove it immediatly :) ):

[YOUTUBE]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dp7YIzhFVx0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/YOUTUBE]

EDIT : Oups I don't know how to integrate the video ? can someone help me ? :( here is the link

mini_271254IMG0390b.jpg

mini_873190IMG0391b.jpg

mini_469503IMG0408.jpg

mini_371995IMG0410.jpg

I didn't manage to thank him for this idea as he was "escaping" but I think I thank the two girls from the MikaTeam three times ahah (By the way, they are really nice... and I realise EVERYONE was really nice yesterday!)

I think this day will definitely stay my best day during my stay in England :thumb_yello:

:thumb_yello:

Thank you!

Hi everybody!

[YOUTUBE]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dp7YIzhFVx0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/YOUTUBE]
EDIT : Oups I don't know how to integrate the video ? can someone help me ? :( here is the link

Thanks a lot for sharing beautiful large pics, report and the video!!

Edited by Kumazzz

thanks so much mamy for filming, it's lovely to see/hear it again! :wub2:

to embed a yt video, simply put the code between the youtube tags. just the code, not the whole link, so in your case that would be dp7YIzhFVx0 between the tags. :thumb_yello:

thanks so much mamy for filming, it's lovely to see/hear it again! :wub2:

to embed a yt video, simply put the code between the youtube tags. just the code, not the whole link, so in your case that would be dp7YIzhFVx0 between the tags. :thumb_yello:

Thank You for your help ! :thumb_yello:

Hi everybody!

mini_308026IMG0336.jpg

mini_797560IMG0348.jpg

mini_801190IMG0374.jpg

mini_691390IMG0356.jpg

mini_271254IMG0390b.jpg

mini_873190IMG0391b.jpg

mini_469503IMG0408.jpg

mini_371995IMG0410.jpg

Thank you for the video, I couldn't hear what he was saying over the music :naughty:

I did a report and put it on another thread as they wanted to know all about it and it includes the bit before arrival too so I've linked the post underneath :biggrin2:

Swatch Signing Report!

I just wanted to put this part here so that you can see it if you don't want to read the whole thing...

Honestly, this was one of the best adventures of my life (all my best adventures seem to involve Mika and/or Mika fans somehow…) and thank you to everyone who helped to organise the party, to everyone that I met, you never feel excluded in my experience if you’re with fellow Mika fans, I am so honoured and proud to be part of this and know all of you. Considering I only actually knew I could go on Sunday afternoon, it was the best rushed decision I've ever made!

And if some people don’t understand why I decided that as my (early!) 21st birthday celebration and present to travel south, stand in the cold and meet my favourite singer who has completely filled my life with colour and meet up with such wonderful people, instead of going out to clubs and getting drunk then they don’t know how it is to feel truly accepted and happy in a room full of likeminded people. :wub2:

Thank you everyone I (finally, in some cases!) met, thank you for existing and I suppose even though he’s not going to see this, thank you Mika, hope to hear from you next year!

:huglove: :huglove: :huglove:

Hi everybody!

mini_308026IMG0336.jpg

mini_797560IMG0348.jpg

mini_801190IMG0374.jpg

mini_691390IMG0356.jpg

mini_271254IMG0390b.jpg

mini_873190IMG0391b.jpg

mini_469503IMG0408.jpg

mini_371995IMG0410.jpg

Thank you so much for the pics and the video Mamy :huglove:

It's lovely to see and hear Mika 's message to his fans :wub2:

I made a million MQs but my browser crashed and lost them so I'll try to remember off the top of my head.

Mamy - thanks so much for the video. How great that you got to meet him for the first time like that.

Kat - I was looking at that pic and thinking how funny that you (and everyone in the photo) look so casual. You'll be able show that to people, like yeah, here's me at a party with Mika, whatevs. :teehee:

Kath - no one deserves to have an MFC party arranged for them more than you! What a nice change.

Silver - thanks for the toast in our honour. Hope you had lots of champagne for me. :biggrin2:

Treasa - Thanks for the pics. Mika looks so lovely. Squeaky clean! :teehee:

Have to say that I don't agree that it's "inevitable" that people get overexcited and chase him all over the room. Especially when they just saw him 15 minutes prior at the shop. :doh: I have seen Mika a number of times when he was not being mobbed and he spends exponentially more time with fans than he does when it's chaotic. It is the difference between hanging out for half an hour or more and barely stopping on the way to his car. I wish everyone could see this for themselves and that even the most self-interested person would get it through their heads that they are only screwing themselves over by chasing him off.

Anyway I'm sure I've forgotten a million people but I did read and enjoy all of your reports so thank you. :flowers2:

I made a million MQs but my browser crashed and lost them so I'll try to remember off the top of my head.

Mamy - thanks so much for the video. How great that you got to meet him for the first time like that.

Kat - I was looking at that pic and thinking how funny that you (and everyone in the photo) look so casual. You'll be able show that to people, like yeah, here's me at a party with Mika, whatevs. :teehee:

Kath - no one deserves to have an MFC party arranged for them more than you! What a nice change.

Silver - thanks for the toast in our honour. Hope you had lots of champagne for me. :biggrin2:

Treasa - Thanks for the pics. Mika looks so lovely. Squeaky clean! :teehee:

Have to say that I don't agree that it's "inevitable" that people get overexcited and chase him all over the room. Especially when they just saw him 15 minutes prior at the shop. :doh: I have seen Mika a number of times when he was not being mobbed and he spends exponentially more time with fans than he does when it's chaotic. It is the difference between hanging out for half an hour or more and barely stopping on the way to his car. I wish everyone could see this for themselves and that even the most self-interested person would get it through their heads that they are only screwing themselves over by chasing him off.

Anyway I'm sure I've forgotten a million people but I did read and enjoy all of your reports so thank you. :flowers2:

Yes! That is now my reaction to that pic, thanks! :naughty:

I can't even remember this moment:mf_rosetinted:

I just remember a bit of knee numbness... :mf_rosetinted:

Miss you... :huglove: