A new fan from Italy

Elwendin

Ciao a tutti!

I'm so glad I eventually found this site. I was looking for other Mika fans, since none of my friends are and I need to share. I've been knowing him since a while, but I never noticed how amazing was he.

Some weeks ago I saw him speaking on television and got stunned at him. He's so nice with everyone, so gentle, so ironic, so fun, so simple, so special. I began to watch X Factor just to see him and I found out more and more.

When he gets happy or excited he remind me of a child, without being childish at all (for instance he almost climbed on the piano while telling a girl of his team which song he chose for her because he loves that song).

He's very sensitive about family topics and you can tell by his attitude when it comes to people with some family issues or simply when it comes to children.

He has an incredible mind, he's so clever and learnt italian in two months. He's really good at it, or, as italians sometimes say... "weally" good at it (italian people sometimes mispronounce english and that can make him laugh so hard, he just can't stop laughing when it comes to misunderstandings like that, if you change the spelling of that word or if you saw the video on youtube you'll understand). His english accent is so cute, but he does know even some difficult words.

He's honest about himself, he admits his songs are about him, whereas a lot of singers deny that. I think you have to be very brave to do that.

I prize him so much, I'm trying to catch up watching every interview on youtube. Luckly my french is good, and I'm trying to improve my english, so I manage to get most of what he says. I noticed how fragile he was some years ago, how sensitive to people's opinion (during an interview in France, when he was about to play the very first song he learnt on the piano, he told the audience "ne rigolez pas, ce n'est pas juste" - please don't laugh, this is not fair-, even if people weren't laughing at all) but at the same time so consistent with himself, so strong and decisive in his choices ("I don't want to do cool songs, I want to do songs that get stuck in your head").

I'm looking for people who wants to share informations about him as a person. I could tell whatever he does and says here in Italy, and I'd like to be aware of what he's doing in France (I hope to find a way to watch The Voice) and around the world, 'cause I enjoy him so much and don't want to miss a thing about him. His expressions, his look, the words he says, his attitude make me feel good. He can make my day.

I sometimes feel like I have a kind of teenage crush, I sometimes experience a longing for him, I sometimes need to have him as a friend but since obviously I can't, I just want to follow him as I can.

Would you guys help me to do that?

I love English and French as well, so if someone wants to chat in these two languages, I'll be glad to do it, even if my English isn't that good... :doh:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ciao a tutti!

I'm so glad I eventually found this site. I was looking for other Mika fans, since none of my friends are and I need to share. I've been knowing him since a while, but I never noticed how amazing was he.

Some weeks ago I saw him speaking on television and got stunned at him. He's so nice with everyone, so gentle, so ironic, so fun, so simple, so special. I began to watch X Factor just to see him and I found out more and more.

When he gets happy or excited he remind me of a child, without being childish at all (for instance he almost climbed on the piano while telling a girl of his team which song he chose for her because he loves that song).

He's very sensitive about family topics and you can tell by his attitude when it comes to people with some family issues or simply when it comes to children.

He has an incredible mind, he's so clever and learnt italian in two months. He's really good at it, or, as italians sometimes say... "weally" good at it (italian people sometimes mispronounce english and that can make him laugh so hard, he just can't stop laughing when it comes to misunderstandings like that, if you change the spelling of that word or if you saw the video on youtube you'll understand). His english accent is so cute, but he does know even some difficult words.

He's honest about himself, he admits his songs are about him, whereas a lot of singers deny that. I think you have to be very brave to do that.

I prize him so much, I'm trying to catch up watching every interview on youtube. Luckly my french is good, and I'm trying to improve my english, so I manage to get most of what he says. I noticed how fragile he was some years ago, how sensitive to people's opinion (during an interview in France, when he was about to play the very first song he learnt on the piano, he told the audience "ne rigolez pas, ce n'est pas juste" - please don't laugh, this is not fair-, even if people weren't laughing at all) but at the same time so consistent with himself, so strong and decisive in his choices ("I don't want to do cool songs, I want to do songs that get stuck in your head").

I'm looking for people who wants to share informations about him as a person. I could tell whatever he does and says here in Italy, and I'd like to be aware of what he's doing in France (I hope to find a way to watch The Voice) and around the world, 'cause I enjoy him so much and don't want to miss a thing about him. His expressions, his look, the words he says, his attitude make me feel good. He can make my day.

I sometimes feel like I have a kind of teenage crush, I sometimes experience a longing for him, I sometimes need to have him as a friend but since obviously I can't, I just want to follow him as I can.

I love English and French as well, so if someone wants to chat in these two languages, I'll be glad to do it, even if my English isn't that good... :doh:

Ciao :welcomeani: to the MFC, have a lot fo fun here! Nice introduction, you almost made a summary of his life. I think you'll enjoy to be here, this is the right place to know everything about him :wub2: Mika is like a drug, once he catches you you can not leave him anymore and you do impossible things to see him :blush-anim-cl: oh and about the bold part, I have the same feelings

you do impossible things to see him

I haven't done anything crazy yet, but to stay awake till 2 in the night just to watch an interview about him. Then I went to sleep at 3 and woke up at 7 to work. I haven't recovered yet. :aah:

I could go to Milan for signing sessions, but I think it would just be frustrating.

I haven't done anything crazy yet, but to stay awake till 2 in the night just to watch an interview about him. Then I went to sleep at 3 and woke up at 7 to work. I haven't recovered yet. :aah:

I could go to Milan for signing sessions, but I think it would just be frustrating.

Why you say frustrating?

I started to do things like that, go to sleep at 3 am just to see him on TV and until now I've travelled to another countries to see him :blush-anim-cl: my next craziness is travelling to Milan next Saturday just for the signing session and still don't know If I'll have the chance to see him :doh:

This is the point. You do crazy stuff, you travel abroad, spend money and time just to feel a small unit among million people, the more I think about how much fans he has the more I feel insignificant and forgettable and this hurts. Five seconds with him are more painful than nothing at all to me. I'd like to be a person to him and not just a face telling him how much amazing he is, like any other person he's used to meet. I'd like to be able to tell him why I prize him that much, to make him understand that I really am interested in him as a person and not as a popstar. Briefly, I wish we could be friends but since we can't, I rather avoid to seem him for a few seconds. Even if I wonder how it feels like. Can you get what I mean? I don't know if I made my point.

This is the point. You do crazy stuff, you travel abroad, spend money and time just to feel a small unit among million people, the more I think about how much fans he has the more I feel insignificant and forgettable and this hurts. Five seconds with him are more painful than nothing at all to me. I'd like to be a person to him and not just a face telling him how much amazing he is, like any other person he's used to meet. I'd like to be able to tell him why I prize him that much, to make him understand that I really am interested in him as a person and not as a popstar. Briefly, I wish we could be friends but since we can't, I rather avoid to seem him for a few seconds. Even if I wonder how it feels like. Can you get what I mean? I don't know if I made my point.

Of course, I understand you prefectly. But just seeing the happines in his face when I tell to him I'm travelling from far just to see him, it's worth it if I am just another face for him. He appreciates the efforts his fans do, I'm sure of that, and if you want to tell all those things, why don't you write a letter to him? you will find the adress where you can send the letter in the FAQ.

But if you want that he recognises you and being more than a face among all the others you have to see him as much as you can and try to talk with him even just few words :blush-anim-cl:

Do you think a letter could ever reach him?

I won't be able to follow him as much as it needs to be recognized by him.

My husband could get mad, besides we're trying to have a baby, if we manage I won't be able to travel anymore (just to be fair and get this straight, I want to tell that I'm not in love with Mika, it's not like I'm mentally cheating on my husband....)

Hi elwendin!

Lovely introduction! So glad you found here, I'm sure you will find a lot of friends on mfc. I'm Nina, we met on twitter :bye:

Ciao Nina! Grazie per avermi fatto conoscere questo sito!

Hi Nina! Thanks for letting me know this website! I feel more comfortable here than in Twitter, people here share my point of view and I believe are more grown up than people I follow there. I hope I'll be able to follow people from mfc even on twitter, to be aware about Mika's news in every moment. I just need some days to make friends here on mfc.

Ciao e benvenuta! :bye:

complimenti, che bella introduzione, qui sei davvero nel posto giusto, proviamo un pò tutti le stesse sensazioni nei suoi confronti, lo hai descritto molto bene! :wub2:

Divertiti sul forum e vienici a trovare nel thread italiano quando vuoi, il link lo trovi nella mia fima :wink2:

PS: il tuo inglese è ottimo! :thumb_yello:

Ciao!

Questo forum mi piace tanto, spero di riuscire a trovare gente con cui parlare realmente e non solo commenti tipo "che figo" o "che bei capelli".... Faccio anche un giro nella sezione italiana, ieri ho riguardato le audizioni di X Factor e sto ancora ridendo, ho bisogno di condividere. "Ho tutti i cd di Mika" Mika: "Oh ****!"

PS Grazie per la cosa dell'inglese, è una lingua che adoro e mi impegno tanto... per il francese vivo di rendita

Can I ask whether there is a section where I can find all the links to Mika's video on youtube and similar stuff?

I can find links spread everywhere, I won't be able to catch every of them this way. That would be nice, instead of getting lost on youtube on my own. I don't want to miss a thing!!!!

Can I ask whether there is a section where I can find all the links to Mika's video on youtube and similar stuff?

I can find links spread everywhere, I won't be able to catch every of them this way. That would be nice, instead of getting lost on youtube on my own. I don't want to miss a thing!!!!

in this section you can find most links to Mika's interviews

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57

while in 'Concert Reviews' there's plenty of videos from concerts

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59

last but not least, in this thread you can ask anything about Mika :D

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25848

Ciao a tutti!

:wub2: :wub2: :wub2: :wub2: :wub2: :wub2: :wub2:

Such a sweet intro :mikalove:

You're in the right place we all feel this way here :blush-anim-cl:

Welcome home :huglove:

Enjoy sharing Mika love here :thumb_yello:

I get what you mean but I did try to make him laugh when we finally met for the first time and we chatted for almost a minute in a friendly and fun way and that sure put a lot of happiness in my heart that is in in me forever :wub2:

It felt fantastic to make him laugh as a little thank you for all the happiness his songs give me on a daily basis as well as the happiness of being part of his fans community :wub2:

Some fans get to meet him a lot and he knows them well :wink2:

I don't know if he will remember the chicken lady but he sure was friendly sweet and adorable :wub2:

It's a wonderful memory for me :wub2:

But I understand that such a short meeting would be frustrating as well so it's really up to you :hug:

hey welcome to MFC!

Your intro pretty much sums up how i feel about Mika too, but in better words than i could come up with :blush-anim-cl:

About meeting him, i understand how you feel, i felt the same before i met him too. But once i did meet him and he looked into my eyes and i could tell he' wa listening to whatever i was saying, even tho i was babbling, my feeling completely changed. Like, i'm nothing special but he remembered me from one night to the next. He really tries to give everyone a little time. So yeah, meeting him really is worth the effort.

Edited by kreacher

It felt fantastic to make him laugh as a little thank you for all the happiness his songs give me on a daily basis as well as the happiness of being part of his fans community :wub2:

I see! I believe I'm feeling so nothing special that I couldn't do anything like that. I probably would just run away in order not to bother him....

I totally agree with you about the songs thing and this fandom, I'm feeling pretty comfortable here.

I suppose in this community there are a bunch of people he really knows. That's utterly amazing!!!!

Welcome to the MFC and have a lot of fun here :wink2:.

When I met Mika for the first time I only was able to stare at him and I was happy he didn´t talk to me. The second time I saw him after a show I got " the stare " and he talked to me but I wasn´t able to answer and felt pretty dumb but he gave me the feeling he always sees me as a person. I saw him a few times more and ít´s so much easier to talk to him.

Btw when I found out about Mika I told my husband I would like to see one of his concerts when he comes around 150 kilometers of our place, then my first concerts was in Amsterdam 850 kilometers far away and I never would have thought I ever would do things like travelling around Europe to see a Popstar.........

I met many MFC´iers in person and it´s great to meet them :teehee:

Welcome to the MFC and have a lot of fun here :wink2:.

When I met Mika for the first time I only was able to stare at him and I was happy he didn´t talk to me. The second time I saw him after a show I got " the stare " and he talked to me but I wasn´t able to answer and felt pretty dumb but he gave me the feeling he always sees me as a person. I saw him a few times more and ít´s so much easier to talk to him.

Btw when I found out about Mika I told my husband I would like to see one of his concerts when he comes around 150 kilometers of our place, then my first concerts was in Amsterdam 850 kilometers far away and I never would have thought I ever would do things like travelling around Europe to see a Popstar.........

I met many MFC´iers in person and it´s great to meet them :teehee:

Amazing!!! Oh God, I feel so much better among you guys.

I don't feel dumb, I don't feel weird, I don't feel like I lost my head like a child. I was ashamed to fancy that much a singer, even if I have a husband, a house and am planning a family.

I so hope he'll be able to perform in Verona Arena as he wishes, so that I could go and see him. I live pretty close to France and Switzerland, so I should watch out for concerts over there as well.

And maybe I should tag along with some of you, I believe you know how to try and meet him, don't you? I barely know how to take a plane. Actually, I don't feel that sure I do....:blush-anim-cl::teehee:

Amazing!!! Oh God, I feel so much better among you guys.

I don't feel dumb, I don't feel weird, I don't feel like I lost my head like a child. I was ashamed to fancy that much a singer, even if I have a husband, a house and am planning a family.

I so hope he'll be able to perform in Verona Arena as he wishes, so that I could go and see him. I live pretty close to France and Switzerland, so I should watch out for concerts over there as well.

And maybe I should tag along with some of you, I believe you know how to try and meet him, don't you? I barely know how to take a plane. Actually, I don't feel that sure I do....:blush-anim-cl::teehee:

and even this is the best to meet MFC ´iers because you are under people who feel the same and think the same and you don´t have to explain yourself. If I had time I could tell you what I have done for my second concert but now I have to leave. See you later :wink2:

Hi and welcome here! I'm Muriel from France. I'm also sure you'll make many friends here and will fulfill your desire to know more about Mika and about what's going on in The Voice in France.

I read your post in The Voice thread and don't know if Mika still speaks French with his mum but maybe they do when they don't want to be understood by other people (it's what I would do ;)) His French is cute and almost perfect (it's getting better and better). French fans could get invitations to go to The Voice and have made great reports, either in The Voice thread or in the French-speaking thread.

Have fun here!