A new fan from Italy

Elwendin

hey welcome to MFC!

Your intro pretty much sums up how i feel about Mika too, but in better words than i could come up with :blush-anim-cl:

About meeting him, i understand how you feel, i felt the same before i met him too. But once i did meet him and he looked into my eyes and i could tell he' wa listening to whatever i was saying, even tho i was babbling, my feeling completely changed. Like, i'm nothing special but he remembered me from one night to the next. He really tries to give everyone a little time. So yeah, meeting him really is worth the effort.

You all are making me willing to meet him .... I don't know if I have to hate you or love you :naughty: I'm trying so hard to choke my wish to go and see him.....

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi and welcome here! I'm Muriel from France. I'm also sure you'll make many friends here and will fulfill your desire to know more about Mika and about what's going on in The Voice in France.

I read your post in The Voice thread and don't know if Mika still speaks French with his mum but maybe they do when they don't want to be understood by other people (it's what I would do ;)) His French is cute and almost perfect (it's getting better and better). French fans could get invitations to go to The Voice and have made great reports, either in The Voice thread or in the French-speaking thread.

Have fun here!

Gènial! Je n'avais pas pensé à lire le French speaking thread. Voilà, ça va devenir de plus en plus un travail. Je suis totalement perdue !!!! En plus, le fait che Mika parle toutes le langues que j'adore, ça va me pousser encore plus à le suivre partout (sur internet, je ne suis pas une stalker :doh:)

Je n'aime absolument pas le chinois, c'est pourquoi je suis heureuse qu'il l'ait oublié mais qu'il ait appris l'italien :aah:)

Edited by Elwendin

Welcome!

I'm a newbie like you (following him for less than one year) so I understand very well how you feel.

You are in the good place to learn many things about him and his music, just take your time. I know that at first I would have spent nights trying to read and watch everything possible on the internet, and then it ended in more frustration than anything else.

I had to "stop" this crazy things for a few weeks to reconnect with my real life, then I could start again to follow what he is doing and to learn more from MFC and other places.

I think Mika world can be "dangerous" (like every drug :teehee:) if it's not a way to open your own world: I mean, it's true that he has so many fans that we will never be friends with him, but try not to think about that, just think about him as a way to discover many great things and to have your life maybe more "sunny". Like the girls said, they started to travel more and more to meet him, but at the same time it is also the way to discover the world.

I don't know if I'm clear, I simply try to let you feel happy about this new world you discover :huglove:

And I totally agree with all what was said before :thumb_yello:

I think it's like having a crush, you can't help but thinking at him and you feel miserable with longing for him, then you put yourself together and come back to a regular life, enjoy his work, his interview and meet people from fandom, make even new friends.

As you said, you can even travel a bit and meet people in flesh.

Today I'm starting to put myself together. I manage not to listen to his songs all day long and to think about something else again.

Let's see at what hour I'm going to sleep this night though..... Youtube is a trap. You start with just one tiny video, then it suggests more and more and more. And when the pc runs out of charge it's 2 AM ....

I think it's like having a crush, you can't help but thinking at him and you feel miserable with longing for him, then you put yourself together and come back to a regular life, enjoy his work, his interview and meet people from fandom, make even new friends.

As you said, you can even travel a bit and meet people in flesh.

Today I'm starting to put myself together. I manage not to listen to his songs all day long and to think about something else again.

Let's see at what hour I'm going to sleep this night though..... Youtube is a trap. You start with just one tiny video, then it suggests more and more and more. And when the pc runs out of charge it's 2 AM ....

Update: my pc didn't ran out of charge because it was wired, see what time is it now.... 1.30 in the night. I went crazy.......

Welcome to the Mika's world, Sylvie :naughty:

You all are making me willing to meet him .... I don't know if I have to hate you or love you :naughty: I'm trying so hard to choke my wish to go and see him.....

I am not going to tell you to go see Mika, especially if you have other priorities in your life. But just to address some of your comments. Yes you are one of thousands of fans but some people do develop a rapport with him. Yes maybe this time it will only be a few seconds and it could be frustrating but you have to start somewhere. :wink2: As Mikasister said you can give him a note so you don't regret not being able to say what you'd like to say because there are too many people or you are feeling awestruck.

I would also say from my own experience and watching other people that the sooner you see him the more sort of normal he will become. I can't promise you you'll get over your teenage crush any faster, it might even get worse for a time. :naughty: But some of the fans on Twitter you mention, they seem to be so deeply invested in this mythical being that does not exist, at least not from what I've seen myself and heard from people who know Mika. I think if you have found your way to MFC and, based on your introduction, you sound like you really want to know about Mika as a person and not just use his image to project all your fantasies onto. I think this becomes easier when you are able to see Mika and interact with other fans in real life. It gets you out of your own head and away from some of the cultish thinking I've seen on Twitter.

Anyway very nice introduction and don't worry about your English. You are very good and communicating your thoughts very clearly I think. What you said in the Voice thread...of course we don't assume that all people who will see Mika on these TV shows is a "bad" fan or whatever you want to call it. It's just that it has attracted a lot of people who seem to mostly be interested in his looks. You can see it on Facebook comments and people acting hysterically at the signings. But I hope fans like yourself will find their way here. We are not bothered how or when you found Mika. That's not important and doesn't make you any different from those of us who found him by listening to the radio.

Christine, you said so many things I deeply share that I can't reply right now, since I have to go (shopping, dinner, X Factor live !)

Let's just say I feel so happy to have found this fandom (thanks Nina!!!!!), I feel so comfortable and understood.

I'll reply better tomorrow, too bad you don't have a Twitter account, I like to share on Twitter interviews I see, informations and to report what's happening on italian TV when he's live on it, and I'd like to follow people who use it the same way. I hate to follow guys who just share pics about his hotness. Even if he's smoking hot, I know. A pic now and then can't hurt... but all day long it's too much superficial to me.

Gotta run, don't have time to check what I wrote right now.

Ciaoooooo

C

I'm looking for people who wants to share informations about him as a person. I could tell whatever he does and says here in Italy, and I'd like to be aware of what he's doing in France (I hope to find a way to watch The Voice) and around the world, 'cause I enjoy him so much and don't want to miss a thing about him. His expressions, his look, the words he says, his attitude make me feel good. He can make my day.

I sometimes feel like I have a kind of teenage crush, I sometimes experience a longing for him, I sometimes need to have him as a friend but since obviously I can't, I just want to follow him as I can.

Would you guys help me to do that?

I love English and French as well, so if someone wants to chat in these two languages, I'll be glad to do it, even if my English isn't that good... :doh:

Ciao, elwendin! :welcomeani:

I think you are in good company with your feelings about and toward Mika. He does have a way of making one feel that he can be your friend. As Christine already said to you, meeting him in person, even for a minute, helps you get a better sense of him as a person, and spending time in real life with other fans is worthwhile, too! Hope to meet you at a future gig! :thumb_yello:

I'll reply better tomorrow, too bad you don't have a Twitter account, I like to share on Twitter interviews I see, informations and to report what's happening on italian TV when he's live on it, and I'd like to follow people who use it the same way. I hate to follow guys who just share pics about his hotness. Even if he's smoking hot, I know. A pic now and then can't hurt... but all day long it's too much superficial to me.

Gotta run, don't have time to check what I wrote right now.

Ciaoooooo

Mika Fan Club does have a Twitter account, and we do post news and other items of interest about Mika. You can find it here:

http://twitter.com/mikafanclub

@mikafanclub

I think you found us there already, though -- at least, I think I remember seeing tweets from you there. :original:

In any case, welcome again, and thank you for your very nice introduction. We'll look forward to getting to know you better!

Christine, you said so many things I deeply share that I can't reply right now, since I have to go (shopping, dinner, X Factor live !)

Let's just say I feel so happy to have found this fandom (thanks Nina!!!!!), I feel so comfortable and understood.

I'll reply better tomorrow, too bad you don't have a Twitter account

I'm @skeptique on Twitter. If you want to follow me I'll follow you back.

Have fun tonight!! :bye:

I am not going to tell you to go see Mika, especially if you have other priorities in your life. But just to address some of your comments. Yes you are one of thousands of fans but some people do develop a rapport with him. Yes maybe this time it will only be a few seconds and it could be frustrating but you have to start somewhere. :wink2: As Mikasister said you can give him a note so you don't regret not being able to say what you'd like to say because there are too many people or you are feeling awestruck.

I would also say from my own experience and watching other people that the sooner you see him the more sort of normal he will become. I can't promise you you'll get over your teenage crush any faster, it might even get worse for a time. :naughty: But some of the fans on Twitter you mention, they seem to be so deeply invested in this mythical being that does not exist, at least not from what I've seen myself and heard from people who know Mika. I think if you have found your way to MFC and, based on your introduction, you sound like you really want to know about Mika as a person and not just use his image to project all your fantasies onto. I think this becomes easier when you are able to see Mika and interact with other fans in real life. It gets you out of your own head and away from some of the cultish thinking I've seen on Twitter.

Anyway very nice introduction and don't worry about your English. You are very good and communicating your thoughts very clearly I think. What you said in the Voice thread...of course we don't assume that all people who will see Mika on these TV shows is a "bad" fan or whatever you want to call it. It's just that it has attracted a lot of people who seem to mostly be interested in his looks. You can see it on Facebook comments and people acting hysterically at the signings. But I hope fans like yourself will find their way here. We are not bothered how or when you found Mika. That's not important and doesn't make you any different from those of us who found him by listening to the radio.

:thumb_yello:

As Christine already said to you, meeting him in person, even for a minute, helps you get a better sense of him as a person, and spending time in real life with other fans is worthwhile, too! Hope to meet you at a future gig!

All your stories did make me change my mind. I wish to come and see him and you guys. How can I be aware about the next chances? Even though I don't know if I'll be able to come for good. Ran out of money, me and my husband... and trying to get parents through ART. There's a lot on the steak. I missed Fnac because I got to know that that was happening just a few hours before. :aah: Too bad, I guess Mika won't be so available in Italy any longer after X Factor. Oh my, I suppose I have to learn to catch a plane. I will end up lost somewhere. Thank God MFC is everywhere, some of you could pick me up whenever I'll land....:naughty:

PS I'm following you guys on twitter as well

All your stories did make me change my mind. I wish to come and see him and you guys. How can I be aware about the next chances? Even though I don't know if I'll be able to come for good. Ran out of money, me and my husband... and trying to get parents through ART. There's a lot on the steak. I missed Fnac because I got to know that that was happening just a few hours before. :aah: Too bad, I guess Mika won't be so available in Italy any longer after X Factor. Oh my, I suppose I have to learn to catch a plane. I will end up lost somewhere. Thank God MFC is everywhere, some of you could pick me up whenever I'll land....:naughty:

PS I'm following you guys on twitter as well

Keep reading MFC daily and you will know where Mika is / was / will be :naughty:

Ciao elwendin!

You are so at the right place! :thumb_yello: Surely you already discovered a lot about Mika, but I believe that this world is just opening up for you. I almost envy you. :teehee: I remember how was it for me. It was a wonderful period of my life. :huglove: Full of energy, happiness and love. He gave me hope that there are still some great people around here capable to create wonderful worlds around them and at the same time staying on the ground, nice and normal.

One more thing. Before I entered MFC I haven't realized how good looking he is. I was here because of his music at first, and interviews the second, but then MFC atmosphere sucked me in... Beware! :naughty::mf_rosetinted:

1255428246.gif

Enjoy!

I know! I don't usually look at the pics, but sometimes they just are so good that I can't help. I'm interested in his soul and mind, but I'm not blind! So I can enjoy a good pic :fisch:

He said he thinks he's ugly, but then he sometimes takes his shirt off... Maybe he just realized what ugly actually means :naughty:

That's exactly what I'm feeling, happyness and energy. I don't sleep very much but I don't feel drowsey.

I wonder if he's utterly aware of the magic he produces in people's lives. I mean, that's almost incredible. How can a man affect the life of a stranger that way? We don't know him for real, but he's much real in his positive effects than some life issues. I'm getting messy, I can't explain myself as I wish.

I mean, does he knows how much he can bring relief and even happiness in people daily life? Or does he thinks we are a bunch of disfunctional people? Of course, we won't ever know. :aah:

I'm a little be afraid to have a blue time when I won't be able to see any new interview about him. I guess it will happen soon, since his life isn't always so TV oriented like now. I have piles of video to catch up, but still....

Thank God there is MFC, I know you'll watch my back writing about everything about him. :wink2:

I know! I don't usually look at the pics, but sometimes they just are so good that I can't help. I'm interested in his soul and mind, but I'm not blind! So I can enjoy a good pic :fisch:

He said he thinks he's ugly, but then he sometimes takes his shirt off... Maybe he just realized what ugly actually means :naughty:

That's exactly what I'm feeling, happyness and energy. I don't sleep very much but I don't feel drowsey.

I wonder if he's utterly aware of the magic he produces in people's lives. I mean, that's almost incredible. How can a man affect the life of a stranger that way? We don't know him for real, but he's much real in his positive effects than some life issues. I'm getting messy, I can't explain myself as I wish.

I mean, does he knows how much he can bring relief and even happiness in people daily life? Or does he thinks we are a bunch of disfunctional people? Of course, we won't ever know. :aah:

I'm a little be afraid to have a blue time when I won't be able to see any new interview about him. I guess it will happen soon, since his life isn't always so TV oriented like now. I have piles of video to catch up, but still....

Thank God there is MFC, I know you'll watch my back writing about everything about him. :wink2:

between the first and the second album he dissappeared for months and we only got a life sign every few weeks, then between the second and the third album it was even worse. This time he is very present with the TV shows but I´m absolutely sure he will hide during his time in LA so be prepared to get only one tweet every three weeks and nothing more :wink2:. Use the time to watch all the thousands of vids on Youtube and read all the interviews here on MFC .......

That's a great idea!!!! Now I just need a chance, I'm too late for Fnac and Swatch. Anything else?

I loved your words, don't know why. Just loved them. I think that's because they explain exactly what I want and what I feel. The videos I enjoy the most are the ones about his daily life, I did love the one in which he introduced his mother and sister doing some stage stuff (she even told he's exactly as he was when he was a child, she is like any other mother!) and then there was his other sister and they argued a bit ("you are lying here, yes you are, you are like your concealer"). Him in his real life, that's the thing I love the most, unfortunately I suppose there are no many videos like that.

Thank you so much, I'm happy to talk in english in decent way, English and French are so important to me, they make me happy. And thank you for making me feel at home, among friends. I hope someday I'll be able to meet some of you for good.