Signing @ Saturn, in Bergamo, Italy - 7 December 2013

dcdeb

Melanie, you made your point. And, as usual, mine. You always explain with words what I feel. I'm so not interested in him as a public popstar. Besides there are some chances I could feel meaningless and useless like some dust. When I wonder about meeting him, I'm aware I'll feel that way, since I'll be just a face he doesn't care about. But if I'll manage to meet him with some of you as a group, like we told in another thread, to have a little chat, I think I could feel different. Because he will speak to us,even for just some minutes, as people and not as a screaming crowd. When I landed on twitter to look for someone to share my feelings for him, I ran into silly tweets and nothing more. I felt so ashamed to be a fan since the tweets I read were awkward or superficial. I don't want to be a hysterical fan.

On the other hand, I'm having an icsi at the end of january and if it would success, I couldn't be able to leave my place for two years.

But I totally agree with melanie.

Still, I don't know what to do :-)

(If you are worried about travelling for a gig, I can promise you I will help you for a French one).

:

Deal! I feel more comfortable in france than in other countries, even if I' m concerned about the voice causing a mess like in italy...

You cannot plan a perfect meeting with Mika and honestly I think the longer you wait the more you will have invested in it and be disappointed if it doesn't live up to your (very specific!) expectations. Yes many of us have had great meetings with him but some fans have been around for 7 years and have been able to travel the world to make it happen.

If you don't want to be one of the screaming masses you could potentially end up having this very issue at a gig where there is no control. I know the crowds outside the shops in Italy were nuts but when you approach Mika for the autograph things are under control, non?

I didn't realize it was 200km from your house, which I assume means you do not need to spend the night and waste money on a hotel, etc. In that case I would advise you to go. Some people feel like they are meaningless, some people feel like they are centre of Mika's world. :teehee: I think the reality is somewhere in between and none of us are important enough for him to completely shun or believe he's found his soulmate. :naughty: So just do it for yourself and enjoy it and don't worry about what Mika thinks. He has his life and you have yours and if you're lucky you will cross paths every once in awhile and make each other smile. :wink2:

Melanie, you made your point. And, as usual, mine. You always explain with words what I feel. I'm so not interested in him as a public popstar. Besides there are some chances I could feel meaningless and useless like some dust. When I wonder about meeting him, I'm aware I'll feel that way, since I'll be just a face he doesn't care about. But if I'll manage to meet him with some of you as a group, like we told in another thread, to have a little chat, I think I could feel different. Because he will speak to us,even for just some minutes, as people and not as a screaming crowd. When I landed on twitter to look for someone to share my feelings for him, I ran into silly tweets and nothing more. I felt so ashamed to be a fan since the tweets I read were awkward or superficial. I don't want to be a hysterical fan.

On the other hand, I'm having an icsi at the end of january and if it would success, I couldn't be able to leave my place for two years.

But I totally agree with melanie.

Still, I don't know what to do :-)

If you can go, and you feel like you may regret it if you don't, just go... It may not be perfect, but it's still an opportunity.

I would go with you if I could fit into my girl's suitcase:naughty:

Sylvie, I don't know what to advice you . I think Christine is right , it's really your call. At gigs you never know for sure if there will be a M&G. I went to three gigs and to the Virgin Fans show and only at the last gig I went I finally met Mika :wub2:

The thing is you might regret not having gone because it's not very far to where you live and you are free to go. If I were you I would go. You're sure to see him even for a short moment and you'll meet MFCers which is a wonderful experience I assure you :wub2:

You are sure to find Mika fans if you're there early ,fans are always the first in the queues and no Swatch fans this time :wink2:

You can also exchange your mobile phone numbers with other MFC fans who ll be there through PM before so you're sure not to miss them once you're in Bergamo .

Edited by crazyaboutmika

You cannot plan a perfect meeting with Mika and honestly I think the longer you wait the more you will have invested in it and be disappointed if it doesn't live up to your (very specific!) expectations. Yes many of us have had great meetings with him but some fans have been around for 7 years and have been able to travel the world to make it happen.

If you don't want to be one of the screaming masses you could potentially end up having this very issue at a gig where there is no control. I know the crowds outside the shops in Italy were nuts but when you approach Mika for the autograph things are under control, non?

I didn't realize it was 200km from your house, which I assume means you do not need to spend the night and waste money on a hotel, etc. In that case I would advise you to go. Some people feel like they are meaningless, some people feel like they are centre of Mika's world. :teehee: I think the reality is somewhere in between and none of us are important enough for him to completely shun or believe he's found his soulmate. :naughty: So just do it for yourself and enjoy it and don't worry about what Mika thinks. He has his life and you have yours and if you're lucky you will cross paths every once in awhile and make each other smile. :wink2:

That's exactly how it is. It's impossible to plan anything. After shows or festivals you never know if you will see him for a second or not. You just can't know it in advance. Signing sessions are safer because he will be there for signing so if you are there early you probably will see him. You still can't know how it goes and it depends on how many people are there and what's happening at that particular moment.

Mika is always kind, polite and lovely but situations are different. I've seen it many ways. Sometimes he is talking to the person before me/after me and doesn't even see me. Sometimes he is talking with me so the person after me doesn't get any contact with him. There can be several times in a row I can't say him a word (because he is only quickly signing and not really chatting with people or because there is a mob around him and I stay further away) and then there are times he is just in front of me and says or does something so extremely sweet that I don't have any words (even we all always try to think in advance what we like to say to him :naughty:).

It's not possible to plan a meeting with him. It doesn't work that way. The less you expect the better it usually is and if it doesn't work there is a next time (depending on the country, in Europe it's naturally easier). If he came to my neighborhood I would never miss is (200 km from home is practically neighborhood) but a signature session can sometimes offer only 5 seconds with him (without any real contact). He is not there to find friends, it's his job to meet fans but he he is good with people and as I said, always, kind, polite and lovely :wub2:

I'm really scared about going in a thing like that because after I heard what happened on the Swatch event sincerely I don't want to be pushed or hurt myself... If I go, I think I'll see him from afar, maybe it's more safe :dunno:

Well, it's the only way I can get it on the calendar. And I think it is sort of a performance, isn'it?

Yes, for a dyslexic person to sign a new name every 10 seconds for one hour or two is a performance.

You are right, my friend!

I'm trying to remember another international popstar in an italian shopping center but i'm not able :no:

Thank you for your advices.

I get what you mean about expectations, planning and stuff.

I'm sorry I failed my words and made a delusional fool of myself. I know he has his life, he's not looking for friends and that he doesn't care about me, or most of the people he happens to meet. I'm not planning to go on a gig, meeting him for sure after that and become a necessary part of his life. I was just trying to explain what I'd like the most: a gig, meet with mfciers and if (if) I'll manage to meet him, well that will be an extra treat. Most of all, I don't mind to have a chat with him alone, I so don't want it! I would just rant or shut up. I was trying to say I'd enjoy more an event with you guys as a group than one on my own as a fan among the crowd (I don't have a shining personality and I'm shy. I'm more comfortable to rely on someone in unknown situations)... But I guess I should start being a fan in the crowd before being an mfcier... I get I have to earn it, I'm here since so little time. I spent some time to read some of your reports, I enjoyed them so much and I dream about being able to have some of the experiences you had.

I just tried to explain my doubts about getting there for the signing and I'm sorry it went wrong. I don't want you to believe I'm a delusional woman or, much worse, a cocky upstart. I appreciate you don't want me to get hurt within impossible expectations.

I think I'll go to Bergamo on saturday, as you told me, if I manage to meet some mfciers there, though. I so don't know how those kind of things work, and I'll enjoy the company so much (besides, that pee matter is a real issue!!!!!). As I said, Mika's events are to me a chance to meet some of you. Queueing is a fun time to spent with interesting people (and to test your skiing underwear). And of course I would find out how does it feel to see him in person, and maybe give him a note, since I'm better in writing than in speaking.

200 km aren't that much, I'm used to drive, this is why I could take a shot on this. If someone is going, could please write a PM to me? I understand Sarik isn't sure to come....

:thumb_yello: I really like your summary - think this is very right! :blush-anim-cl: If MIKA did show up 200 km from my place, nothing could stop me from being "first in line" - this is, as Nina says, in the neighborhood - at least with our long distances to everything. Even how short this "meeting" will be, you get the chance to say hi to him, and get your songbook signed! :wub2: I'm afraid you'll regret it, if you don't use this chance - so close to your homeplace...:wink2:

Love,love

me

Thank you for your advices.

I get what you mean about expectations, planning and stuff.

I'm sorry I failed my words and made a delusional fool of myself. I know he has his life, he's not looking for friends and that he doesn't care about me, or most of the people he happens to meet. I'm not planning to go on a gig, meeting him for sure after that and become a necessary part of his life.

I didn't think you were delusional just that perhaps you are overthinking it. Which I understand, I overthink things a lot which is why my posts are often ridiculously long. :wink2: It just sounds like you want to meet Mika but have some anxiety about it and I think the longer you put it off the worse this is going to get. I expect if you do see him he will put you at ease and you will just look forward to seeing him again next time without worrying about it.

I think I'll go to Bergamo on saturday, as you told me, if I manage to meet some mfciers there, though. I so don't know how those kind of things work, and I'll enjoy the company so much (besides, that pee matter is a real issue!!!!!). As I said, Mika's events are to me a chance to meet some of you. Queueing is a fun time to spent with interesting people (and to test your skiing underwear).

:lmfao: Yes of course you don't want to go alone and would like to meet people, I just assumed others would be going too. I hope you have a wonderful time. :huglove:

I didn't think you were delusional just that perhaps you are overthinking it. Which I understand, I overthink things a lot which is why my posts are often ridiculously long. :wink2: It just sounds like you want to meet Mika but have some anxiety about it and I think the longer you put it off the worse this is going to get. I expect if you do see him he will put you at ease and you will just look forward to seeing him again next time without worrying about it.

:lmfao: Yes of course you don't want to go alone and would like to meet people, I just assumed others would be going too. I hope you have a wonderful time. :huglove:

Thank God, I was worried you thought I was a cocky nutcase.

Overthinking... that must be my main characteristic since even through my posts you manage to notice it :naughty:. My friends use to tell me I overthink everything in life, which makes me so anxious.:doh:

I think you're right, I should go, even if I totally get Melanie's words. It will be a kind of ice breaking. Not with Mika, but this whole being-a-fan-thing. Jump in the car and go, get lost in a messy crowd, peeing in a bottle and so on. (just kidding, but I'm actually concerned about that :aah:)

Someone could please give me some advice in PM about at what hour should I be there? How does it works? I don't get it. I have to queue for the cd, or do people buy it prior? If that so, I couldn't go to Bergamo tomorrow for buying it and again on saturday...

Jump in the car and go, get lost in a messy crowd, peeing in a bottle and so on. (just kidding, but I'm actually concerned about that :aah:)

As long as you are healthy you will learn to time the drinking/peeing so as not to get into trouble there. :naughty: The good thing about a signing is once you get in to see him it will be over in a couple of minutes and you are free. With a gig, the opening of the doors means you have to say goodbye to the toilets for the next 4 or 5 hours. :aah:

I can manage that! I thought I had to be over there much earlier than 4 or 5 hours....

I do think that you must be there before noon if you want to have a chance to meet him without hurry. But you will get to know the people before and behind you in the queue quite easily I guess, so no problem for asking them to keep your place (? te garder la place dans la queue) while you are going to the toilets. But no move from your place from 2PM I would advise you (gig experience, no move 2 hours before the doors opening :naughty: don't know if it will be the same there)

Merci bien, j'ai besoin de ce genre de details pour m'habituer à l'idée de faire ça.

I can control my anxiety being aware of what is going to happen on these tiny details. So no need to go there at dawn... but be sooo nice to find someone to help me. :aah:

On the buing cd thing, I guess I have to go and see how it works...

I'm scared to get lost and don't buy it in the proper place/way and screw all up.

I just tried to explain my doubts about getting there for the signing and I'm sorry it went wrong. I don't want you to believe I'm a delusional woman or, much worse, a cocky upstart. I appreciate you don't want me to get hurt within impossible expectations.

Oh, I didn't think you are delusional or anything like that! Don't worry! I knew you were the one asking about this event (and referred to you with "200 km") but I also knew there are hundreds of other new fans in Italy and thought some of them might read this thread so I just wrote generally.

Sometimes people for example see fan photos and think he always takes pics with his fans. And that is not true, he takes photos with people quite rarely and many times people actually wait those photos for years. Sometimes fans don't know that and mob him with their cameras (but don't get their photos in the end because that's not how it works either). Definitely didn't think you are one of those people as you obviously want to know how things work and have a nice experience!

Also, _I_ used to think (myself) that I can plan in advance what to say to him :doh: But it never worked, only really weird things came out from my mouth, things I never meant to say and I realized it's simply impossible to plan anything in advance :aah::naughty: I've probably never managed to say anything really smart to him but I think he knows I'm not a totally crazy person and I guess I'm just happy with that, lol!

Hope you have a lovely time if you decide to go to this event! :huglove:

Stop moaning and just go.:mf_rosetinted:

He won't welcome you like his long lost sibling, but he's always nice and polite and will put you at ease. Just talk to him like you talk to your friends. You might get 30 seconds or 2 minutes. Nobody knows and nobody can plan in advance.

About chats with him, that has to grow over time. Some people who have been around haven't been able to have proper chats with him for whatever reason and with others he feels comfortable enough to moan about things and show how he really feels. It depends on the person. We all have our preferences and can get along better with one person than with the other. But he is always polite and patient. More patient than I could ever be:teehee:.

And Nina is right. I waited 5 years before I got my picture with him alone. After that I got quite many at his suggestion, so you just have to be lucky.

Bottom line is, just go in with no expectations and you will get more out of it than if you've planned it all and it doesn't work out.

Hello! I have read all the topic and I think your advice is really golden. elwendin's concerns are the same of mine so I really have found precious your advice. You know, after Milan experience (Swatch) I was a little bit worried. I made a quick report of that day, but you know, I had a leg with bruises (ehm sorry I don't know if it's the right word, I have never heard this word, because in Grey's Anatomy and Dr House they never mention this kind of word, but I know a lot of surgical terms :D) because people push us on the iron bar.

Anyway, I hope this time people will be more quiet because we are not in Milan on Saturday, almost in front of Duomo, but in a small town and inside a shopping mall. I don't know I have better feeling about this event, and also I think that we'll have to wait months for a gig... So I think I really want to thank him and see one of his legendary smile... But the risk is that... even if I'll manage to stay in front of him, muscle of his face in that moment will hurt and so he'll do a smile at the person after or before me! Maybe in that case meeting will be really bad but I don't know, I think I'm anxious like elwendin if not more :teehee:

Hope you have a lovely time if you decide to go to this event! :huglove:

I'm going, I'm looking now on google maps for it.

Thanks to you and all the people have answered to me on this thread.

Do you think I better call the mall to ask how does the whole thing work? I so don't get it.....

Bottom line is, just go in with no expectations and you will get more out of it than if you've planned it all and it doesn't work out.

I have no expectations, I don't want a pic, I swear. I don't even want to say a peculiar thing, I just want to feel the moment and see him in flesh since many of you told me it's an amazing feeling. I'm so concerned about what do do to get there, not about meeting him.

Flavia, can we talk on PM to support each other? Maybe we could be useful one to another.

Edited by Elwendin

I have no expectations, I don't want a pic, I swear. I don't even want to say a peculiar thing, I just want to feel the moment and see him in flesh since many of you told me it's an amazing feeling. I'm so concerned about what do do to get there, not about meeting him.

Flavia, can we talk on PM to support each other? Maybe we could be useful one to another.

of course :thumb_yello:

I know, I was just commenting on what Nina wrote. Just relax. Everything will be alright.

Perez Hilton came on MFC one Thursday and said be in LA on Tuesday. I live 3000 miles from LA. I had never been to California in my life. I had no idea what was happening on Tuesday. Just that Mika was close to finishing his second album and there were rumours for a couple of months that he would do a secret gig one day. I just got on a plane and when I landed I still didn't know what was happening. I had no idea what venue it would be at, how I would get tickets or even if I would get tickets. It wasn't until I was already in LA that I learned the next day we had to go to a park and wait for Mika to arrive in an ice cream truck to give us a wristband for a gig in an unknown location.

This was how I got the special first meeting with Mika I told you about in the other thread. Sometimes you just have to have faith that everything is going to work out and enjoy the surprise of the unknown rather than fearing it. If you're in a pair you won't have problems with the toilet issue, just do not drink close to Mika's arrival when people will get excited and you will have to guard your place. If you're worried about the CD just call the shop right now and ask them.