Hi there!

Sherlocked

Hi, I’m an Italian girl and I discovered this forum just a few days ago. I’ve been taking a look around the various sections and threads and I fell in love with all the information you can find in them, and the dedication of the users. So… I’ll tell you something about myself.

I live in Rome and before X Factor I had never really listened to any Mika’s song. That’s probably because I am a fussy music fan: while I love going to concerts and following my favourite artists as much as I can, I almost never listen to the radio, and so I am often cut out from many kinds of music that are different from what I usually love to listen to.

I started watching this X Factor season because I was curious about Mika: I was totally fed up with the show last year, and I had decided to never watch it again. Still, when I heard about the new judge, I wanted to take a look. That’s what I did, and since the first episode I felt intrigued.

So, as I watched the episodes of the show I learnt to appreciate Mika’s approach to the competition, but it wasn’t really enough for me: I have to admit that as soon as the show ended, I would turn off the tv and forget all about it, at least until the following Thursday. No, what really made me take an interest in Mika was the performance of Stardust, during one of the live shows. I wasn’t really interested in Mika outside the X Factor context before that, but I was really impressed when I heard him sing. A few weeks later, I saw his songbook in a shop, and I said: “Why not?”. I was curious about him as an artist, and I really wanted to get to know his songs and reconcile the image of him as a judge with what I consider to be the most important part: the artist. It wasn’t love at first hearing, to be honest, but then again, it almost never is, for me. Still, after a few days in which I listened to the album on the way from home to my university and back, I started feeling a connection to some of the songs, and it didn’t take much for me to learn the lyrics by heart and sing them (quite emphatically, I must admit) as I drove around, to the amusement of some passersby.

I began looking for videos on youtube and buying some of his songs from iTunes, and that’s basically the reason why I’m here. I really like what I’ve heard and I’d love to be part of this amazing forum. :thumb_yello:

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm totally in love with new Italian fans who can write english so well :wub2:

Ciao! Ti interessa venire a Che tempo che fa sabato a Milano e vedere Mika?

Vai sul thread...e pensaci!

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28528

ps. devi essere maggiorenne però :wink2:

:doh: università....come non detto :original:

I'm totally in love with new Italian fans who can write english so well :wub2:

Ciao! Ti interessa venire a Che tempo che fa sabato a Milano e vedere Mika?

Vai sul thread...e pensaci!

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28528

ps. devi essere maggiorenne però :wink2:

:doh: università....come non detto :original:

Thank you :wub2:

Mi piacerebbe venirci, ma dovrei organizzarmi perchè sono di Roma... Potrei vedere se c'è qualcuno che sale da Roma e, in caso, unirmi... Do un'occhiata al thread!

Ciao benvenuta! :bye:

che bella introduzione, grazie per averci raccontato come hai 'scoperto' Mika :wub2:

Divertiti sul forum e vienici a trovare nel thread italiano quando vuoi, il link lo trovi nella mia firma :wink2:

Grazie mille, passo subito a farvi un saluto nel thread italiano allora! :wub2: