I Am Not Who You Think I Am...

Kezza

Hello, my fellow A-Mika-cans!

(OK, OK, no marshmallow pelting - those things hurt if they've been in the cupboards too long!)

Silver suggested I start a thread of introduction to y'all, so here goes...

Older (but not necessarily wiser) Mika fan, just in the mood to meet others who appreciate Mr. Penniman's talents.

Writer, jewelry designer/merchant, human rights advocate, the crazy lady who dances and sings at the bus stop, hockey nut, Queeniac for 75% of my life... feel free to shoot questions my way, if you're so inclined. The worst I will do is tell you where to stick a question! ;)

Glad to be here, hope to make new friends and do a little more dancing!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

YAY! Another American. Please hang out here a lot. There's not too many of us. Welcome! You will love it here. Make sure you check out the Oldlings thread. All the cool kids hang out there.

Hey there Kezza! Welcome to MFC :mika1:

My name's Dee, from NE. I'm the co-world rep for the USA. So if you ever have any questions or need anything feel free to PM me and i'll be happy to help.

I was about to invite you to the american thread but i see you've already found it :teehee:

Hello, my fellow A-Mika-cans!

(OK, OK, no marshmallow pelting - those things hurt if they've been in the cupboards too long!)

Silver suggested I start a thread of introduction to y'all, so here goes...

Older (but not necessarily wiser) Mika fan, just in the mood to meet others who appreciate Mr. Penniman's talents.

Writer, jewelry designer/merchant, human rights advocate, the crazy lady who dances and sings at the bus stop, hockey nut, Queeniac for 75% of my life... feel free to shoot questions my way, if you're so inclined. The worst I will do is tell you where to stick a question! ;)

Glad to be here, hope to make new friends and do a little more dancing!

Hi :bye: Kezza :huglove:

Dancing sounds like a great idea :thumb_yello:

:dance_man::dance_man::dance_man::dance_man:

I've read you in the goldlings thread today , it' s always a pleasure to welcome new fans :group_hug:

I'm French but I was an AFS host student in Oklahoma for a year in one of the most wonderful American family :wub2: so that makes me feel American too for sure :wub2:

Queen is great! What do you write sweetie? I keep a blog of my poems and I m about to publish them through lulu.com...but I'm really lazy so I haven't uploaded them all yet :teehee:

Nice intro and enjoy yourself here :wink2: but I think you already do :naughty::thumb_yello::biggrin2:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

Hi, welcome and enjoy MFC:wink2: What are you writing? I'm a writer, too, so I'm curious:naughty:

Yesterday, I wrote some lyrics for a song that's about the late-night walks I used to take when I was much, much younger. Unfortunately, I don't write music, so I'll have to find someone who is willing to help me develop this further...

I've got a WIP (work in progress) based on "what if" scenarios surrounding a satchel I used to always keep close at hand. I wanted to be ready if the urge to leave got too strong - not sure I would ever have acted on it, as I first packed it in 1978 and my life has been "interesting" to say the least - but just knowing the power was in my own hands gave me a lot of stuff to think about...

Also have a WIP that has been in the works for quite a while, about someone searching for an author of a book he stumbles upon, using the various bits of information within the book to find them. It's not a conventional, published book, so the journey is full of twists and turns, but the ending... well, you'll have to just wait and see!

Currently maintain a blog about life among the impoverished of America and have written copious amounts of gay (M/M) erotica over the years that has received fantastic feedback and a once-strong fanbase - and it's not about Harry Potter characters! - so I'm all over the place with my work.

Thanks for asking... and thank you to all of you for coming by to say hello! I look forward to the MFC, and not just for the pictures! :teehee:

Buckle up? Honey, I grew up before there were seat belts in cars and I'm still alive! :naughty:

I think I'm going to enjoy it here, you strike me as very open, warm, friendly people, and that's exactly what I prefer to have in my life!

Buckle up? Honey, I grew up before there were seat belts in cars and I'm still alive! :naughty:

I think I'm going to enjoy it here, you strike me as very open, warm, friendly people, and that's exactly what I prefer to have in my life!

I might be a bit older than you. When I was 3, I spent a family car trip laying in the back window of an Oldsmobile...:teehee:

BTW, I'm also a Queeniac.:thumb_yello: I've seen them twice, once with Freddie, once with Paul Rodgers, and will be seeing them again this June with Adam Lambert. I also saw Brian May and met him, but that's a whole other thread...:wink2:

Yeah, I noticed that about Brian in the first post I read of yours (at the start of this thread)... and saw there are lots of Queeniacs around. Love it!

We're probably close to the same age in there, somewhere. I just meant I'm riding free here, no seat belt! :thumb_yello:

Very lucky to have seen Queen in all three incarnations - I've never had such good fortune smile upon me. This current round of shows, I just simply cannot afford, and I'm gutted. Doesn't help the nearest one is in Canada and includes the cost of a passport!

Yeah, I noticed that about Brian in the first post I read of yours (at the start of this thread)... and saw there are lots of Queeniacs around. Love it!

We're probably close to the same age in there, somewhere. I just meant I'm riding free here, no seat belt! :thumb_yello:

Very lucky to have seen Queen in all three incarnations - I've never had such good fortune smile upon me. This current round of shows, I just simply cannot afford, and I'm gutted. Doesn't help the nearest one is in Canada and includes the cost of a passport!

Nope, I'm a lot older than you...:naughty:

Truth be told, I can't afford it either. Now that my daughter is an 'adult', she bought our tickets, as I have paid for all of her concerting up to this point in her life. Now we just have to scrape up the money for the hotel and gas because the show is in Chicago, but we have a few months to make that happen.

Well, now, darlin'... are we talking chronological age, or that actual age thing? 'Cause I'm not even 40 yet in my head! I'm not even sure about 30!

Have enough fun for both of us at the show! Please! Someone has to have fun for me at one!

Well, now, darlin'... are we talking chronological age, or that actual age thing? 'Cause I'm not even 40 yet in my head! I'm not even sure about 30!

Have enough fun for both of us at the show! Please! Someone has to have fun for me at one!

Yea, well I do try to do things to stay 'young'.

My job helps a bit. I work in a record store and have for the last 27 years.

I go to concerts [when I can afford it or get freebies through work] and bounce around like an idiot. And there is proof on YouTube...:aah:

Ah, a record store! I sure remember the days of Gary, over at Budget Tapes & Records, getting his shipments and I would run into the store, eager to see the new releases! A euphoria like no other!

I'd love to see what all you have there - we have 4000 Holes here, and Recorded Memories, but all the other record shops have folded.