Montreal - Travel Plans and Discussions

Treasa

Latest update, I just need to update the plan (people in italic need to be added, it's a reminder for me) :thumb_yello:

Thanks to everybody who told their seats !

First night :

milady: AA-11, AA-13

mellody: AA-15

BangBangLou: AA-8

Zimwana: AA-18

Alie: BB-10, BB-12, BB-14

DutchAnnie: BB-16, BB-18

Sarik31: BB-20

Rachie_B: BB-9, BB-11, BB-13, BB-15

Cathouzouf: CC-6

Alireine: CC-8

cathblais: CC-14

Littlelady: A-11, A-13

Graciosa: A-15

Treasa: B-1

Buttonsloveu: B-3

Kath: B-5

mamiam: B-2

Guylaine123: B-12

Nanou: B-14

Dcdeb: B-16

fanchon: B-??

mine: F-23

Philippe60: F-25

MyEtoileMk: L-2

Ambroisette: M-??

kat75: A-101 (loge 102)

Kezza: A2-10 (mezzanine)

PLAN OF THE VENUE FOR THE 1ST NIGHT

Second night:

Sandra00: AA-??

mellody: BB-3

Roxou123: BB-4, BB-6

MyEtoileMk: BB-8, BB-10

Guylaine123: BB-12

Alie: BB-14, BB-16

Sarik31: BB-24

tortuetetue: A-1, A-3

BangBangLou: A-2

cathblais: A-??

Treasa: B-8

Buttonsloveu: B-10

Kath: B-12

Littlelady: C-10, C-12

Graciosa : C-14

Cathouzouf: G-27

Alireine: G-29

Dcdeb: K-17

Nanou: K-19

mine: M-12

Philippe60: M-14

mamiam: U-7

DutchAnnie: U-28, U-30

Miss_Kristal: V-15

Salura22: V-25

kat75: A-105 (loge 102)

PLAN OF THE VENUE FOR THE 2ND NIGHT

Third night:

sarik31: AA-2

mine: AA-16

Philippe60: AA-18

Alireine: AA-17

Guylaine123: BB-1

Nanou: BB-3

Dcdeb: BB-5

Treasa: BB-2

Buttonsloveu: BB-4

Kath: BB-6

mellody: BB-24

Miss_Kristal: CC-5

milady: CC-??

Graciosa: A-1, A-3

Littlelady: A-2

mamiam: A-14

MyEtoileMk: B-1

DutchAnnie: E-28, E-30

Cathouzouf: C3-14 (balcony)

PLAN OF THE VENUE FOR THE 3RD NIGHT

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm in the same seat for the second night... did this get overlooked?

Sorry maybe I was confused. When are you coming and which is your seat ? :blush-anim-cl:

For everybody else, please correct me if something is wrong !

Sorry maybe I was confused. When are you coming and which is your seat ? :blush-anim-cl:

For everybody else, please correct me if something is wrong !

First and second night, same seat. I wasn't on the first run of the list just before my post... hence the message!

You were on the list Kez, I didn't touch to the list as I was waiting for you to answer. :aah:

On for both nights, same seat... are my eyes getting stupid or something? Have I been staring at beads for too long?

Hi! I'm Grazia.. I'm new but i follow you for a long time :blush-anim-cl:

I will be in Canada for all thee gigs with Valerria and Paola C... So excited to be there with you all!

We already booked plane and hotel, and we wanna thank Catherine for the tips!

We'll arrive on 7 Feb.

I'm looking forward to met you!

Ok here we go, I'll update everything here. If I disturb the discussion I'm sorry ! :blush-anim-cl:

First night :

milady: AA-11, AA-13

mellody: AA-15

BangBangLou: AA-8

Zimwana: AA-18

Alie: BB-10, BB-12, BB-14

DutchAnnie: BB-16, BB-18

Sarik31: BB-20

Rachie_B: BB-9, BB-11, BB-13, BB-15

Cathouzouf: CC-6

Alireine: CC-8

cathblais: CC-14

Littlelady: A-11, A-13, A-15

Treasa: B-1

Buttonsloveu: B-3

Kath: B-5

mamiam: B-2

fanchon: B-??

Guylaine123: B-12

Nanou: B-14

Dcdeb: B-16

mine: F-23

Philippe60: F-25

MyEtoileMk: L-2

Ambroisette: M-??

PLAN OF THE VENUE FOR THE 1ST NIGHT

Second night:

Sandra00: AA-??

mellody: BB-3

Roxou123: BB-4, BB-6

MyEtoileMk: BB-8, BB-10

Guylaine123: BB-12

Alie: BB-14, BB-16

Sarik31: BB-24

tortuetetue: A-1, A-3

BangBangLou: A-2

cathblais: A-??

Treasa: B-8

Buttonsloveu: B-10

Kath: B-12

Littlelady: C-10, C-12

Graciosa : C-14

Cathouzouf: G-27

Alireine: G-29

Dcdeb: K-??

mine: M-12

Philippe60: M-14

mamiam: U-7

Miss_Kristal: V-15

Salura22: V-25

PLAN OF THE VENUE FOR THE 2ND NIGHT

Third night:

sarik31: AA-2

mine: AA-16

Philippe60: AA-18

Alireine: AA-17

Guylaine123: BB-1

Nanou: BB-3

Dcdeb: BB-5

Treasa: BB-2

Buttonsloveu: BB-4

Kath: BB-6

mellody: BB-24

Miss_Kristal: CC-5

milady: CC-??

mamiam: A-14

MyEtoileMk: B-1

DutchAnnie: E-28, E-30

Cathouzouf: C3-14 (balcony)

PLAN OF THE VENUE FOR THE 3RD NIGHT

Hi Alie, our seats at the concert:

First night:

Grazia B 29

Valerria B 31

Paola C. BB20

Second night

Grazia CC 18

Paola C. CC 25

Third night

Grazia F 18

Valerria F20

Paola C. B 6

Thanks for all

Hi! I'm Grazia.. I'm new but i follow you for a long time :blush-anim-cl:

I will be in Canada for all thee gigs with Valerria and Paola C... So excited to be there with you all!

We already booked plane and hotel, and we wanna thank Catherine for the tips!

We'll arrive on 7 Feb.

I'm looking forward to met you!

You're welcome and don't hesitate to contact me if you have other questions!

Hi Alie, Thank you for making this list, I was wondering if you could add me to it, I think I sent you my seat numbers a couple weeks ago but if you don't have them let me know and I'll resend. I'll print this list off and have it with me for the concerts because I'm really looking forward to meeting you all.

Kat.

Hi Alie, our seats at the concert:

First night:

Grazia B 29

Valerria B 31

Paola C. BB20

Second night

Grazia CC 18

Paola C. CC 25

Third night

Grazia F 18

Valerria F20

Paola C. B 6

Thanks for all

Since many of you have been to Mika's concerts in the past I was just curious if this Montreal gig will be his first one with a Symphony Orchestra? Will this be just like any other concert with screaming fans and such or do you guys/gals think it'll be more of a prim & proper affair? Will photography be allowed? Will we be sitting or standing throughout most of the concert? How long are Mika's typical concerts?

I suppose we won't know some of this for sure till we're there, I was just wondering what people have experienced during his past concerts.

Thank you all.

Kat.

He's had string players with him on stage, but yes, it's the first gig with a symphony orchestra. :wub2: What the fans will be like, I have no idea... I just hope they'll behave and stay at their places, and won't disturb the atmosphere by screaming. But I don't know what the Montreal crowd in general is like, and then ofc it can be different every night, it all depends on the people. :dunno:

About staying seated or standing up, I think we'll see... not sure if there was any (regular) Mika gig so far where people stayed seated all of the time (anyway none of those I've been to or saw videos of...). I remember the acoustic tour, for the first few songs of the gig people stayed seated, but then for the faster songs, Mika motioned us to get up, so of course we did. :teehee: I'll just see what he wants us to do and what everyone else does, surely won't be the first to stand up, but I also think it'd be a shame to stay seated for powerful songs like Love Today. But maybe if a slow song follows, we can sit down again, surely that would be nice for those fans who can't stand for so long. Anyway, I think it'll be a question of the atmosphere Mika creates, and I'm sure he can do it the way he wants it to be - if he wants us to stand, he'll make sure we do, and if he wants us to stay seated, he'll manage that too. :wink2:

Also no idea about cameras... guess IF it's filmed for a DVD, cameras won't be allowed, as the camera screen lights would disturb the recording.

The typical Mika gig is about 1-1,5 hours.

I went to a seated gig in Montréal in 2009 and as Mellody says Mika called us up immediately. The crowd went nuts and I had some horrible woman screaming at me and trying to hit me all night because I wouldn't let her stand between me and a friend. We had front row centre seats together and I have no idea where this woman came from so we had every right to be standing where we were without a strange woman in between us. We also had to deal with hysterical fangirls trying to grab at Mika over top of our heads every time he came near. And he made a point of not coming close to the edge of the stage to stay out of their reach which was unfortunate because some of the other gigs on the tour were very intimate and chill.

We had to deal with a real jerk at a Montréal gig in 2012 as well but overall the crowd was better behaved (at least during the gig).

I've seen Rufus Wainwright with the Toronto Symphony Orchestra and it was very much an older sedate symphony crowd, but Rufus attracts a different audience than Mika anyway so it's hard to say. It seems to me there are hundreds of "real" Mika fans going so I think much of the crowd is going to be similar to ones at a normal gig at least near the front.

Hi,

Thank you for the info on what this Mika concert might be/feel like. I wasn't really sure what kind of audience he attracts. The youtube stuff shows only typical concert venues so again I wasn't sure.

Good to know :) I'll be on the first balcony for the first 2 nights and then in the 5th row for the 12th so I'll be well away from the "grabbers" lol. As long as I can actually hear the music and him singing I'll be happy and the trip will be worth it.

As he and his music gets older and more mature I'm hoping the crowds grow and mature with him...so to speak :). Whatever happens I know it's going to be special and wonderful! I'm so looking forward to it.

Thanks all.

Here's a video of Simple Plan with OSM http://youtu.be/7ory04vCihw will give you a good idea of the spirit of the venue.

Personally, I saw Adam Cohen there and the crowd was really quiet.

Last Mika concert I went to, crowd was really joyful but respectful and nothing happened. I expect the same at OSM.

Filming and photography is stricly forbidden by the hall.

Here's a video of Simple Plan with OSM http://youtu.be/7ory04vCihw will give you a good idea of the spirit of the venue.

Personally, I saw Adam Cohen there and the crowd was really quiet.

Last Mika concert I went to, crowd was really joyful but respectful and nothing happened. I expect the same at OSM.

Filming and photography is stricly forbidden by the hall.

Wow! The sound and atmosphere seemed amazing. I'm getting so excited now. :boing:

I think I'd be quite happy just to sit for the entire show and just watch and listen to him.

It will also be interesting to experience the show on 3 nights and maybe feel a different atmosphere each night.

Wow! The sound and atmosphere seemed amazing. I'm getting so excited now. :boing:

I think I'd be quite happy just to sit for the entire show and just watch and listen to him.

It will also be interesting to experience the show on 3 nights and maybe feel a different atmosphere each night.

Good!

And it should be interesting to see the diffetent crowds on each night.

Can we be February now???