MIKA Judging at the ITS Contest in Trieste, 11-12 July

dcdeb

Is there a YouTube link? It's just a blank space on my tablet.

:thumb_yello:

The link to the interview in Il Piccolo newspaper (thank you Mika Italia :wink2:)

http://www.elisarusso.com/mika-a-trieste-per-its-intervista/

Short English summary from Sarettinaus on Twitter:

he was surprised by the city,he loves it!And had a low budget for BBB video so he relied on sponsors and is not ashamed of it..

and will keep working for Swatch with Yasmine on a new project ;))

the Swatch project will be a jewel, like a "charm". And he'll also work w his brother and youngest sister. Cool huh?

and will fully concentrate on his music from now until October!!!

he was surprised by the city,he loves it!And had a low budget for BBB video so he relied on sponsors and is not ashamed of it..

the Swatch project will be a jewel, like a "charm". And he'll also work w his brother and youngest sister. Cool huh?

:thumb_yello: Thank you so much!!! :huglove: This's really exciting news - always something going on - and the best is that he keeps his words about a new album out this year, probably in Nov. like said earlier! :blush-anim-cl: No reason not to trust MIKA ...:teehee:

Love,love

me

If no one is working on it, i can translate it for you girls :wink2:

Fine for me :thumb_yello:

When it comes to translations, I've been asked to translate an interview on a newspaper, but I can't check the thread right now cause my inlaws are here. I think I'll be able to do it tomorrow though

Here it is, did someone already translate it?

3VYc5hX.jpg

Edited by Elwendin

Mika in Trieste for ITS, Interview

Mika, the famous singer and artist of American and Lebanese origin, known in Italy as well as X Factor judge, he's arrived in Trieste for the edition of ITS 2014 already on Friday, with his sister Yasmine, to fill the role of judge in the section "ITS artwork" sponsored by Swatch.

In the days before everything presaged the arrival of a star who, for reasons of security and privacy, would be reinforced and unattainable. Nothing could be further from the truth: the nice and extrovert Mika has never taken away from chats and photos with insiders and fans, very kind with everyone. Stylish and friendly, he speaks now a perfect Italian: "We have done many interviews with people of Hong Kong, Japanese, American ... finally I speak a little Italian, and even with a girl of Trieste".

First impressions of Trieste?

"I don't understand why no one told me about this city before! It's a strange thing, it is kept as a beautiful secret. It's as if it was in the heyday of Vienna and Budapest, architecturally amazing. On the sea, and in Italy ... a combination of beautiful and curious elements. According to me, people don't realize the beauty of this city. I like a lot Vienna and this architecture with this look calm ... I've never seen a city like this, I'm already in love. There is poetry here. "

Do you know that Joyce fell in love with Trieste like you?

"Of course! And I imagine how it would be romantic when he was here, with all those sailors, the ships, the port. "

Did you already know ITS?

"I heard about it and I was very curious to see which feeling is brought forward. It is very sincere, focused on the idea of valorize ​​the talents without too much noise, without being too fashion. They want to put talents in the creative industry, to make them really work. Because usually at these events there are a lot of chatter but then few facts. Here everything is more serious. Already the first day we discussed in the jury for three hours, with great seriousness. There is the quality and also severity in judicial decisions."

You've noticed the differences between this event and those of Milan...

"Here, everything is focused on the jobs, on the drawings and not on parties! There is less mundane appearance: you see it!There is an atmosphere more meditative, quiet, there is space to think. You can put together different types of creativity. It is the phase before the industry, before it takes control. In Milan, the creatives are already part of the system. Not that I do not like the fashion week in Milan, eh, the salon of Milan is one of the best in the world. "

Will the collaboration with Swatch continue?

"Yes, we'll do something else together. But it is a bit complicated because me and Yasmine would like to do everything in family. Now our brother is studying architecture in London and even my sister has finished her studies in jewelry design and so we can work together all four. And we do not want to go too fast. The second step with the Swatch will be the creation of a jewel, a pendant. I have already created a new character who will be the star of this project. We start from the stories, from the illustrations. "

And the time for the music?

"That is my priority, I want to dedicate at 100% from now until October."

Waiting for the new album, you've made ​​a single "Boum Boum Boum", with a music video very western, Sergio Leone style!

"But the wonderful thing is that I shot on the set of "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly." My record company has provided me a shoestring budget, but I wanted to do something nice anyway. So I went with my manager to Diadora and Swatch to seek help. Working with brands is not a dirty job, rather it gives a lot of possibilities to music that otherwise it would not have money in these hard days. "

Mika in Trieste for ITS, Interview

Mika, the famous singer and artist of American and Lebanese origin, known in Italy as well as X Factor judge, he's arrived in Trieste for the edition of ITS 2014 already on Friday, with his sister Yasmine, to fill the role of judge in the section "ITS artwork" sponsored by Swatch.

In the days before everything presaged the arrival of a star who, for reasons of security and privacy, would be reinforced and unattainable. Nothing could be further from the truth: the nice and extrovert Mika has never taken away from chats and photos with insiders and fans, very kind with everyone. Stylish and friendly, he speaks now a perfect Italian: "We have done many interviews with people of Hong Kong, Japanese, American ... finally I speak a little Italian, and even with a girl of Trieste".

First impressions of Trieste?

"I don't understand why no one told me about this city before! It's a strange thing, it is kept as a beautiful secret. It's as if it was in the heyday of Vienna and Budapest, architecturally amazing. On the sea, and in Italy ... a combination of beautiful and curious elements. According to me, people don't realize the beauty of this city. I like a lot Vienna and this architecture with this look calm ... I've never seen a city like this, I'm already in love. There is poetry here. "

Do you know that Joyce fell in love with Trieste like you?

"Of course! And I imagine how it would be romantic when he was here, with all those sailors, the ships, the port. "

Did you already know ITS?

"I heard about it and I was very curious to see which feeling is brought forward. It is very sincere, focused on the idea of valorize ​​the talents without too much noise, without being too fashion. They want to put talents in the creative industry, to make them really work. Because usually at these events there are a lot of chatter but then few facts. Here everything is more serious. Already the first day we discussed in the jury for three hours, with great seriousness. There is the quality and also severity in judicial decisions."

You've noticed the differences between this event and those of Milan...

"Here, everything is focused on the jobs, on the drawings and not on parties! There is less mundane appearance: you see it!There is an atmosphere more meditative, quiet, there is space to think. You can put together different types of creativity. It is the phase before the industry, before it takes control. In Milan, the creatives are already part of the system. Not that I do not like the fashion week in Milan, eh, the salon of Milan is one of the best in the world. "

Will the collaboration with Swatch continue?

"Yes, we'll do something else together. But it is a bit complicated because me and Yasmine would like to do everything in family. Now our brother is studying architecture in London and even my sister has finished her studies in jewelry design and so we can work together all four. And we do not want to go too fast. The second step with the Swatch will be the creation of a jewel, a pendant. I have already created a new character who will be the star of this project. We start from the stories, from the illustrations. "

Waiting for the new album, you've made ​​a single "Boum Boum Boum", with a music video very western, Sergio Leone style!

"But the wonderful thing is that I shot on the set of "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly." My record company has provided me a shoestring budget, but I wanted to do something nice anyway. So I went with my manager to Diadora and Swatch to seek help. Working with brands is not a dirty job, rather it gives a lot of possibilities to music that otherwise it would not have money in these hard days. "

Thanks so much, Lucrezia :huglove:I like very much this interview, he seems so sincere with his words, especially the bolded part

The second step with the Swatch will be the creation of a jewel, a pendant. I have already created a new character who will be the star of this project.

I'm curious about this one. I hope that the new character is, you know, new. I didn't like the swatch because I didn't fell for the tribal theme, I hope this new one will be totally different.

The second step with the Swatch will be the creation of a jewel, a pendant. I have already created a new character who will be the star of this project.

So I went with my manager to Diadora and Swatch to seek help. Working with brands is not a dirty job, rather it gives a lot of possibilities to music that otherwise it would not have money in these hard days. "

I agree. He called for some favors and it doesn't bother me at all. Of course, when I saw him running the very first time in the vid, my mind wondered for a sec why Mika Bond was wearing diadora, and the same happened to my husband, but who cares. I prefer a nice video with some brands than a video like the Relax one.

Edited by Elwendin

Thanks for the link.

I always believed that the side projects were a-means-to-an-end. He enjoys them, they introduce him to different people, and they help fund his music career.

Thanks to Swatch and others, he's made a stunning video. Left to his record company to fund it, he'd have something cheap and tacky, not polished, artistic and stunning.

Now he's concentrating on his music for a while. It's all really great.

Well done Mika!

what have I just said?? and no moustache!!! yeah

Mika, you disappoint me here :naughty:

I have to say that I've seen better artwork from MFC members. How did they choose the entries?

Agree :aah:

My favorite was number 10

Somehow I like these pictures from the evening:

Not the content itself, but the "talking of the colors". You have this huge grey-brown mass, and in in the front these colorful, beaming people, just sticking out.

You are right!

And this yellow of Yasmine dress is really beautiful :wub2:

Thank you for the pics, links, translations so far :huglove:

I'm very curious about this new character he is talking about. And the fact that he wants to work also with Fortune and Zuleika is great :thumb_yello:

I think he was right to have been looking for sponsors to do a great video like BBB, instead of doing something cheaper but less appealing and less interesting for him. And I'm happy that he talks openly about it :thumb_yello:

Thanks for the pics everyone! This must have been a very interesting event and it's wonderful that they're asked Mika and Yasmine to be there!

From the artwork that's been posted here my favorites were numbers 2 and 8.

Also loved reading the interview. It's so exciting to hear that the collaboration with swatch will continue!! Can't wait to see this character he said he's already designed! :original:

Thanks for the link.

I always believed that the side projects were a-means-to-an-end. He enjoys them, they introduce him to different people, and they help fund his music career.

Thanks to Swatch and others, he's made a stunning video. Left to his record company to fund it, he'd have something cheap and tacky, not polished, artistic and stunning.

Now he's concentrating on his music for a while. It's all really great.

Well done Mika!

:thumb_yello: Exactly what I think too. I'm very happy if Swatch continues to be his sponsor! :blush-anim-cl: A further artistic co-operation with them sounds exciting too! And btw, didn't we already made a "fitting lyric" for Swatch sponsorship - some months ago, hehe ...:teehee:

Love,love

me

:thumb_yello: Exactly what I think too. I'm very happy if Swatch continues to be his sponsor! :blush-anim-cl: A further artistic co-operation with them sounds exciting too! And btw, didn't we already made a "fitting lyric" for Swatch sponsorship - some months ago, hehe ...:teehee:

Love,love

me

Is this what you mean (the whole lyrics are on Wonkaland)

Tune, By The Time.

I'm a Timelord, people

I've not been deceitful,

Though you've all been blissful unaware

That I'm a Timelord, people,

But I'm good, not evil,

That's the secret I have come to share.

Is this what you mean (the whole lyrics are on Wonkaland)

Tune, By The Time.

I'm a Timelord, people

I've not been deceitful,

Though you've all been blissful unaware

That I'm a Timelord, people,

But I'm good, not evil,

That's the secret I have come to share.

:blink: No, it's not this one - you wrote a Swatch lyric, when I suggested that they should be MIKAs sponsor for his next tour. I made a little change, which you liked - and voila - we had it ready, in no time - can't you remember it ?! :naughty: It should still be in one of these threads, but I don't think I saved it in any way, so this will be like searching for the famous "needle in the hay", I'm afraid ...:aah:

Love,love

me

:blink: No, it's not this one - you wrote a Swatch lyric, when I suggested that they should be MIKAs sponsor for his next tour. I made a little change, which you liked - and voila - we had it ready, in no time - can't you remember it ?! :naughty: It should still be in one of these threads, but I don't think I saved it in any way, so this will be like searching for the famous "needle in the hay", I'm afraid ...:aah:

Love,love

me

I can't remember it at all. My memory is worrying me atm. It's getting so bad.

Do you remember what tune I based it on?

I can't remember it at all. My memory is worrying me atm. It's getting so bad.

Do you remember what tune I based it on?

:thumb_yello: YES, I think it was "Blame it on the girls" - and in fact, I found it!!

We discussed sponsing in the thread about "Mika in an advertisement on Italian TV" 10.1.14 - page 8 MFC, and here's our final lyric from 14.1.14:

I've got a watch that Swatch takes pages to tell

It is designed by @mikasounds

So now Mika and Swatch

Are the ones to watch,

And Swatch gets Mika around

Now I hope there ring a nice bell, in your creative head, Marilyn :wub2:

Love,love

me

:thumb_yello: YES, I think it was "Blame it on the girls" - and in fact, I found it!!

We discussed sponsing in the thread about "Mika in an advertisement on Italian TV" 10.1.14 - page 8 MFC, and here's our final lyric from 14.1.14:

I've got a watch that Swatch takes pages to tell

It is designed by @mikasounds

So now Mika and Swatch

Are the ones to watch,

And Swatch gets Mika around

Now I hope there ring a nice bell, in your creative head, Marilyn :wub2:

Love,love

me

Yes I remember it now. I think your contribution was the last line.

And Swatch gets Mika around.

Yes I remember it now. I think your contribution was the last line.

And Swatch gets Mika around.

:thumb_yello: Yes, the last line was my suggestion to this lyric :blush-anim-cl:

And I do hope that MIKA will get a good sponsor for his upcoming tour next year - which really will take him around - EVERYWHERE. I feel we have sooo much to look forward to now !!

When his new alb. is out in Nov. only 2 years and 2 months after TOOL - I think it will prove his working capasity, because he then has done a million things, in between these two albums :mikadas::wub2:

Love,love

me

:thumb_yello: Yes, the last line was my suggestion to this lyric :blush-anim-cl:

And I do hope that MIKA will get a good sponsor for his upcoming tour next year - which really will take him around - EVERYWHERE. I feel we have sooo much to look forward to now !!

When his new alb. is out in Nov. only 2 years and 2 months after TOOL - I think it will prove his working capasity, because he then has done a million things, in between these two albums :mikadas::wub2:

Love,love

me

I agree. But Mika does need to do something to promote himself in the UK, and other places that haven't seen him for a long time.

It's no use putting out an album in the UK, in November, if no one in the UK knows about it. It's also no good hiring a venue for a gig, for only about 200 people, as he did last time he performed in UK.

I really hope he's thought it through. I'm really happy, generally, about how things are progressing, but Mika does need to connect with other countries again, to ensure that he continues to have an international career.