Lollipop Features in "Pitch Perfect 2"

dcdeb

I was wrong.  Listening to it again, they're singing by the third bar.  By the second bar it is already overwhelmingly obvious what it is, for a fan.  It still sounds brilliant to me and again I was so caught up in all the harmonies and everything that I didn't hear the changed lyrics, although I was trying to pay attention to them.  I think it's going to take repeat exposure for me to get them.  And by repeat exposure, I mean by the time I've worked out all the harmonies.  I started singing in a quartet a couple of months ago, so I'm just glorying in all this close harmony work.

At around 2:22 in this clip it shows Pitch Perfect's music director breaking down the vocal arrangement for the acapella version of Lollipop. Pretty dang cool.

That's amazing!  T4P

Mika mentioned at the Webster Hall show last week that his song Lollipop would be featured in the new movie Pitch Perfect 2.

The soundtrack dropped today and here it is!

[media]http://youtu.be/SXzOgMIKEbE[/media]

OMG I love this film! This version of lollipop is amazing!  :fangurl:  :biggirl:

I loved the original Pitch Perfect.  I was supposed to go see the second one tonight with some friends but we've had to postpone until Monday night.  So, hubby picked up the soundtrack for me while he was out and about today.  I didn't know Lollipop was on it.  He put it on when he got home.  I was trying to cook dinner, my kids were in the kitchen with me trying to put away some dishes.  Lollipop came on and I knew it from about the third bar but didn't believe it until they started singing properly.  My son reckons he's never heard me squeal so high or so loud before.  I was beside myself with how excited I was.  It sounds amazing.  I'll need to hear it over again to pick up the lyric changes because I was squeeing too hard to pay strict attention (lol).  I'm so pleased about this.  Yeah, it's an older song, but with the new album coming out in the near future, this will help to have his name resonating around people's brains.

Awwwwww, that's just too cute! Good to see you floating around BTW... 

• 1 month later...

This is so random but I was just watching Jaclyn Hill's new video (if anyone doesn't know her she's a professional makeup artist and one of the biggest YT stars in the beauty community) and she seat danced to Lollipop at the end (23:21, 24:00, and 24:07). She makes me smile and it made me smile so I thought I'd share it:

Edited by MaryElizabethhB

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I remember when I heard "we are young" on Kick ass and my heart was like in my throat. this was after rewatching it and I was like O_O OMG!!!!! MIKA!!!! Then I was watching What happens in Vegas and there he was again I was like BAH!!!!!! whaaaaa????? So coooool! He also had Love Today in Get Him to the Greek which was great too lmaoooo!! I like to Belive Russle Brand is a big Mika fan lmaoo!

P.S. Looking it up now he is credited on IMDB for a Disney Movie in 2016 with Lolipop, hmmmmmm.

Edited by Salura22

Yeah I remember when I heard "we are young" on Kick ass and my heart was like in my throat. this was after rewatching it and I was like O_O OMG!!!!! MIKA!!!! Then I was watching What happens in Vegas and there he was again I was like BAH!!!!!! whaaaaa????? So coooool! He also had Love Today in Get Him to the Greek which was great too lmaoooo!! I like to Belive Russle Brand is a big Mika fan lmaoo!

P.S. Looking it up now he is credited on IMDB for a Disney Movie in 2016 with Lolipop, hmmmmmm.

they met each other on Jay Leno in 2012 if not before.  They seem pretty friendly @ 4:11 here http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x10lnl1_mika-on-jay-leno_shortfilms

and i just posted about Lollipop being in that Disney film in the "not everything needs a thread" thread a few hours ago :aah:

Edited by kreacher

That's good news about Lollipop in a Disney movie!

I'm thinking that this is the way Mika needs to go with his music, for the time being anyway. Big Hollywood films with his music are such a good way to get his songs known and a song in a Disney film is fantastic!

I hope, however, that some of Mika's newer songs get into the movies, especially the ones from the new album.

• Like 1

I love Pitch Perfect and I adore this version of Lollipop!  Mika's songs sound great in movies. :)

Since Lollipop has had a bit of a revival in PP2, it's good that this continues with the Disney film.

But he has such a wealth of talent. imagine...

Heroes in a war film

NPIH in a film where the lead character has a crisis of faith

LYWID in one of those comedies, like the Hangover series

I could go on. I hope the powers that be in Hollywood will look at all Mika's work, not just at LICM.

But this is really good news, and keeps his name out there. 

• Like 1

Since Lollipop has had a bit of a revival in PP2, it's good that this continues with the Disney film.

But he has such a wealth of talent. imagine...

Heroes in a war film

NPIH in a film where the lead character has a crisis of faith

LYWID in one of those comedies, like the Hangover series

I could go on. I hope the powers that be in Hollywood will look at all Mika's work, not just at LICM.

But this is really good news, and keeps his name out there. 

:thumb_yello: Indeed !! :) I totally agree -  MIKA has SO much good stuff, that could be used in the film industry - and I both hope, and think, that what we see now, is just the beginning... :teehee:  

Love,love

me

:thumb_yello: Indeed !! :) I totally agree -  MIKA has SO much good stuff, that could be used in the film industry - and I both hope, and think, that what we see now, is just the beginning... :teehee:  

Love,love

me

I think, this is the direction he may be going in now. Maybe his songs in the movies, and perhaps a musical show soon. After all, if he wants to start a family, he's said himself, he can't be travelling the world with such a punishing schedule and no place to call home. He will need to settle down to bring up his children, and once he has done  that, he might start writing a musical.

I do get the feeling that's what he might do.

they met each other on Jay Leno in 2012 if not before.  They seem pretty friendly @ 4:11 here http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x10lnl1_mika-on-jay-leno_shortfilms

and i just posted about Lollipop being in that Disney film in the "not everything needs a thread" thread a few hours ago :aah:

oh they do O_O so odd lmaooo!! and wow he was on Jay Leno lolol. Weeiiirdd great minds on that disney movie.

That's good news about Lollipop in a Disney movie!

I'm thinking that this is the way Mika needs to go with his music, for the time being anyway. Big Hollywood films with his music are such a good way to get his songs known and a song in a Disney film is fantastic!

I hope, however, that some of Mika's newer songs get into the movies, especially the ones from the new album.

yeah I think its good exposure, half the songs im addicted to now are because the kids played them on repeat -_-. Yeah I was hoping for some newer ones too but its just released give it some time <3. 

Talking about Mika songs in movies, I just had a thought:

Who else thinks Popular Song would be great in a kids' film or a film for teenagers?  It gives out a message to stand up to bullies so lots of kids could relate to it.

Definitely! Mika has a song for every occasion. Popular Song, We Are Golden or even We Are Young (because that wasted theme song for KA deserves another chance as well) They'd all be good for movies about high school kids standing up to bullies.

Definitely! Mika has a song for every occasion. Popular Song, We Are Golden or even We Are Young (because that wasted theme song for KA deserves another chance as well) They'd all be good for movies about high school kids standing up to bullies.

Bullying is a common problem and it's one of the worst things that can happen to kids.  That's why I'm glad Mika has written so many inspiring songs; I think he is a good role model for those who are being bullied.

I was bullied in the earlier years of high school, which were a terrible time for me.  As a result of this, I became incredibly self-conscious about the way I came across, and there were several days when I was scared to go to school.  But then I discovered Mika.  Popular Song, in particular, really encouraged me to feel better about myself.  I was also inspired when I heard Mika had been bullied at school, yet he has gone on to be really famous and successful.  In the end, I even had the courage to confront the bullies and I told them I didn't care what they said about me as I was proud to be unique.  Needless to say, they never bothered me again.

So yeah, more Mika songs in films would be great publicity.  More kids could become aware of him and be inspired to stick up for themselves. 

• Like 2

Talking about Mika songs in movies, I just had a thought:

Who else thinks Popular Song would be great in a kids' film or a film for teenagers?  It gives out a message to stand up to bullies so lots of kids could relate to it.

its a good song and I dont think it is too far fetched an Idea. One of my nieces LOVES that song and she had never heard of Mika and did not hear it from me. Disney channel played it between shows during the day, granted I think that was more because of Ariana Grande (because she stars in a few Disney shows) then Mika but it is good exposure regardless. 

its a good song and I dont think it is too far fetched an Idea. One of my nieces LOVES that song and she had never heard of Mika and did not hear it from me. Disney channel played it between shows during the day, granted I think that was more because of Ariana Grande (because she stars in a few Disney shows) then Mika but it is good exposure regardless. 

Definitely!  I think lots of kids heard the song as it was promoted through Disney channel.  Also, Ariana Grande is very popular right now so some people who listen to the song because of her also become aware of Mika, which is great!  I actually like a lot of Ariana's music and I think Popular Song is her best collaboration - and Mika's too!

But what also makes it a good song is the message it gives across: to be yourself and to stand up to bullies.  The song really helped me to overcome a tough time and I hope it has helped others too.

Definitely!  I think lots of kids heard the song as it was promoted through Disney channel.  Also, Ariana Grande is very popular right now so some people who listen to the song because of her also become aware of Mika, which is great!  I actually like a lot of Ariana's music and I think Popular Song is her best collaboration - and Mika's too!

But what also makes it a good song is the message it gives across: to be yourself and to stand up to bullies.  The song really helped me to overcome a tough time and I hope it has helped others too.

The only thing that sometimes gets-my-goat about it is when people on Twitter say @Arianagrande ft @Mikasounds I always correct them. But I think it has helped the song that he collaborated with an up-and-coming artist. The song has become a hit, which is awesome, and got Mika some great exposure to people who would never have heard of him otherwise.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

Yeah the message is pretty good, as long as no one takes the video too literally lmaooo!!!! It's a nice reminder that celebrities at one time or another were children and possibly victims of bullying aswell. I actually prefer this version of Popular song I really didnt care too much for the original although Im aware my opinion is a rare one. 

The only thing that sometimes gets-my-goat about it is when people on Twitter say @Arianagrande ft @Mikasounds I always correct them. But I think it has helped the song that he collaborated with an up-and-coming artist. The song has become a hit, which is awesome, and got Mika some great exposure to people who would never have heard of him otherwise.

ommgg O_O thats horrible! I would hate to see that >.<. yeah I think the exposure was perfect, he just needs a bit more <3 

That kinda bugs me too.  I think it's because - let's face it - Ariana is more well known right now, due to the success of her new album.  But technically, Mika wrote the song while Ariana is featured on it.  Anyway, it's a great collab and good for his publicity.

Yeah the message is pretty good, as long as no one takes the video too literally lmaooo!!!! It's a nice reminder that celebrities at one time or another were children and possibly victims of bullying aswell. I actually prefer this version of Popular song I really didnt care too much for the original although Im aware my opinion is a rare one. 

ommgg O_O thats horrible! I would hate to see that >.<. yeah I think the exposure was perfect, he just needs a bit more <3 

I love the music video!  I actually wish I could turn my old bullies into stone hehe! :naughty:  And yeah, I actually prefer this version of Popular Song too; although the Priscilla Renea version is quite good.

• Like 1

That kinda bugs me too.  I think it's because - let's face it - Ariana is more well known right now, due to the success of her new album.  But technically, Mika wrote the song while Ariana is featured on it.  Anyway, it's a great collab and good for his publicity.

I love the music video!  I actually wish I could turn my old bullies into stone hehe! :naughty:  And yeah, I actually prefer this version of Popular Song too; although the Priscilla Renea version is quite good.

:)  Imo, the PS vid. is a very important vid. -  pointing at a global problem - and it's really well made, with great "actors", and singers! :wub: 

Love,love

me 

I prefer this version too. I don't like the swearing in the other version. The song doesn't need it. I also enjoy the video, even though Ariana does kill Mika at the end.