Good Gone Girl - Lyrics and discussion

Suzy

I think it's "hanging out for the champagne toast"

Welcome to MFC! You should introduce yourself in our introductions section.

And, I think you're right about the lyrics - can anyone with the Japanese CD compare that to what's written? (Although Mika's printed lyrics can never be taken as gospel anyhow... :teehee:

My sister always starts singing that song when I'm singing "Good Gone Girl" :rolls_eyes:

I'm still listening to that little mp3 piano clip you sent me :wub2: and I love it even more than the original version (Mika's) of this song, the lonely piano makes the melody come through so nice and when Mika sings it it there are so many other things to listen to at the same time that the pure and beautiful melody gets hidden a little!:thumb_yello:

My sister always starts singing that song when I'm singing "Good Gone Girl" :rolls_eyes:

I'm still listening to that little mp3 piano clip you sent me :wub2: and I love it even more than the original version (Mika's) of this song, the lonely piano makes the melody come through so nice and when Mika sings it it there are so many other things to listen to at the same time that the pure and beautiful melody gets hidden a little!:thumb_yello:

:blink:

Is it kind of exclusive to Sienna only? :puppy_eyes:

btw what's "munter"? Didn't found that in any english dictionary:blink:

in german it means "animated"^^ (pronunciation like: moonter :roll1:)

little german language course for you:biggrin2:

http://onlineslangdictionary.com/definition+of/munter:thumb_yello:

an unattractive and unintelligent man from that British slang dictionnary online:naughty:

could also apply to a woman:shocked: but in "Good Gone Girl" it applies to a man

I hope that helps you:wink2:

Mika included a link to all his TBWKTM's lyrics online when you put the physical CD in your computer and pick extras instead of play in the menu; you can then download the whole lyrics on PDF along with beautiful artwork!

If you just look for the plain lyrics, they're all in mikawebsite.com

I also posted them in the ask the mods thread in MFC page 67 if I remember well!

GOOD GONE GIRL

Could you believe, the same old story

It never bores me

Though Iʼve heard it all before

Her name was Georgia, and she was

gorgeous

When she adored you the whole room

would get to know

Like a movie that is filled with lust

Coming at you with a double D bust

At the bed of a wounded soldier

In a rush cos sheʼs getting older

Hanging out in the fancy bars, with the

boys who can play guitar

Listen up cos Iʼve go to warn ya, sheʼs

gonna make it out in California

Hey you, whatʼs a good girl like you doing

in this crazy world?

Whereʼs the Good gone girl?

Dance, dance to the life you wanted

when you were only seventeen

With your good girl dream

Oooooo……. Good Gone Girl

Could you believe, the same old phonies

Those painted ponies, that youʼve ridden

all before

Her name was April, but she was hateful

Enough to make you want to run right

out the door

I can tell you what you want the most

Hanging off with a champagne toast

When the end of the night gets tricky

Donʼt you know that beggars cant be

picky

Looking out for a man whoʼs golden

Doesnʼt matter if heʼs old, heʼs rolling

Coming at you like a desperate hunter

Sugar daddy but heʼs just a munter

HHey you, whatʼs a good girl like you

doing in this crazy world?

Oooooo……. Good Gone Girl

Hey you, whatʼs a good girl like you doing

in this crazy world?

Oooooo……. Good Gone Girl

Sheʼs walking around all over the town

Needs somebody to notice but the

goodness gets her down

Sheʼs happy to choose somebody to

use

Good gone girl, sheʼs got nothing left to

lose

I thought it was "but you were only seventeen" not when...

oh gawd, bad mika fan, bad. :sad:

Hey:wink2: , considering the time we spent here trying to understand the whole,lyrics like crazy, listening to this song again and again and again and again means that we are not bad fans but great fans:thumb_yello:

Hey:wink2: , considering the time we spent here trying to understand the whole,lyrics like crazy, listening to this song again and again and again and again means that we are not bad fans but great fans:thumb_yello:

.......and maybe a little confused!:biggrin2:

I think they may be referring to this. :teehee:

thank you :flowers2:

So, it's one of those famous Nono sessions..:wink2:

OooOoooOoo OooOoooOoo OooOoooOoo

well done girl:thumb_yello:

Frankie Valli and the four seasons - walk like a man.

well spotted...:wink2:

Edited by suzie

• 2 months later...

One of the reasons I love this song other than the obvious is:

Her name was April, but she was hateful

Enough to make you want to run right

out the door

I used to be friends with a girl named April and this describes her perfectly!!! Mika must know her somehow! It makes me happy when I hear that. :teehee:

Hi everyone!:cool:

Just popped in to say: thank you for posting the lyrics, this was one of the songs that baffled me for realz here and there.

It's like the old cliché: the more I learn from a language, the more I realise how little I actually know!:aah:

I think the first verse is pretty much saying about indivuality & saying that he's heard so many stories about people & what their dreams are! "The same old story, it never bores me" meaning, he's heard so much & it never bores him to listen to people. The first person, (Georgia) is in comparison to the seconds person (April). I think it's an actually a pretty sad song even though it's so lively because he talks about Georgia first, then there's a kind of BUT in the middle of the song & he talks about April.

Georgia is surrounded in this world by other people like April, that's when he talks about "what's a good girl like you doing in this crazy world?" but she's a good girl. I don't understand the Double D bust bit though, that doesn't fit in my theory but the "at the bed of a wounded soldier" is saying she's like a nurse & is caring for people. She's pratically perfect.. but everyone gets older. "Hanging out in the fancy bars, with the boys who play guitar" obviously she's this perfect gorgeous young girl, all these boys want her but she's living her life too fast to notice them.

April is sung about next. In comparison to Georgia, everyone LEAVES when she's in the room, instead of catching everyones attention. The bit where he's like "Those painted ponies that you've ridden all before" is about fake people i think. Saying that everyone has had a moment where they haven't been themsleves & shown their true colours.. like the ponies who are painted. "I can tell you what you want the most" he already knows what she's like because when people but on a fake front it's usually simillar. Now she's a "beggar" so basically she's desperate now she's not getting as much attentioon, so this old bloke comes along & she's all over him.

It then repeats: "Dance, dance to the life you wanted

When you were only 17

With your good girl dream." As if to say she's changed who she is & her dreams have followed & it's reminding her i think.

But then, the last bit is: "She's walkin around all over the town.

Needs somebody to notice but the goodness gets her down.

She's happy to choose somebody to use.

Good gone girl she's got nothin left to lose."

She's not who she is, she's "bad" now & has lost the attention she would of got if she stayed who she is, but people are around her ARE good & won't give her that attention, (that's why it's getting her down) She's happy to choose somebody to use, Good gone girl she's got nothing left to lose means she's desperate for someone, because she has nothing or no one & feels as if she needs to "use" somebody to get herself noticed again.

That was long, but please read it:roftl:

I think the first verse is pretty much saying about indivuality & saying that he's heard so many stories about people & what their dreams are! "The same old story' date=' it never bores me" meaning, he's heard so much & it never bores him to listen to people. The first person, (Georgia) is in comparison to the seconds person (April). I think it's an actually a pretty sad song even though it's so lively because he talks about Georgia first, then there's a kind of BUT in the middle of the song & he talks about April.

Georgia is surrounded in this world by other people like April, that's when he talks about "what's a good girl like you doing in this crazy world?" but she's a good girl. I don't understand the Double D bust bit though, that doesn't fit in my theory but the "at the bed of a wounded soldier" is saying she's like a nurse & is caring for people. She's pratically perfect.. but everyone gets older. "Hanging out in the fancy bars, with the boys who play guitar" obviously she's this perfect gorgeous young girl, all these boys want her but she's living her life too fast to notice them.

April is sung about next. In comparison to Georgia, everyone LEAVES when she's in the room, instead of catching everyones attention. The bit where he's like "Those painted ponies that you've ridden all before" is about fake people i think. Saying that everyone has had a moment where they haven't been themsleves & shown their true colours.. like the ponies who are painted. "I can tell you what you want the most" he already knows what she's like because when people but on a fake front it's usually simillar. Now she's a "beggar" so basically she's desperate now she's not getting as much attentioon, so this old bloke comes along & she's all over him.

It then repeats: "Dance, dance to the life you wanted

When you were only 17

With your good girl dream." As if to say she's changed who she is & her dreams have followed & it's reminding her i think.

But then, the last bit is: "She's walkin around all over the town.

Needs somebody to notice but the goodness gets her down.

She's happy to choose somebody to use.

Good gone girl she's got nothin left to lose."

She's not who she is, she's "bad" now & has lost the attention she would of got if she stayed who she is, but people are around her ARE good & won't give her that attention, (that's why it's getting her down) She's happy to choose somebody to use, Good gone girl she's got nothing left to lose means she's desperate for someone, because she has nothing or no one & feels as if she needs to "use" somebody to get herself noticed again.

That was long, but please read it:roftl:[/quote']

I love your interpretation, and the general meaning of this song has such obvious links to some lines from Love Today. The narrator perspective in the both songs is pretty dark despite their dance or joyfull sound.