Good Gone Girl - Lyrics and discussion

Suzy

Is it the same with the standard edition then?

I don't know cause I bought both editions:roftl::mf_lustslow:

Anyway, what you need to do is start your CD from the computer CD player and pick display all options (or all content), I don't remember; you then click on lyrics and you can download from internet a PDF with all the songs' lyrics and extra artwork...if you can't open PDF or if you want the lyrics simple print, I've posted them

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12388&page=67

I love the artwork or course, but I see the plain lyrics better when I sing aloong!:mf_lustslow:

I don't know cause I bought both editions:roftl::mf_lustslow:

Anyway, what you need to do is start your CD from the computer CD player and pick display all options (or all content), I don't remember; you then click on lyrics and you can download from internet a PDF with all the songs' lyrics and extra artwork...if you can't open PDF or if you want the lyrics simple print, I've posted them

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12388&page=67

I love the artwork or course, but I see the plain lyrics better when I sing aloong!:mf_lustslow:

Yes I know it's like that in the deluxe edition :thumb_yello: but I don't have the standard so I was wondering if it's the same or the lyrics are printed in the booklet instead.

btw what's "munter"? Didn't found that in any english dictionary:blink:

in german it means "animated"^^ (pronunciation like: moonter :roll1:)

little german language course for you:biggrin2:

Doesn't someone keep answering this?

It's a minger; slang for ugly face/personality!

I don't think it's about anyone famous.

I think it's sad about a girl (or rather 2 ordinary good girls) with high hopes for her future but who doesn't get any breaks and ends up picking up anyone who can show her a good time, no matter how ugly.

Georgia is nice and April isn't but both are on the game which is not the life they wanted.

I don't get the first part of the April verse. The painted ponies .... No idea.

The painted ponies .... No idea.

First I thougt it was meant as a kind of metapher.

A pony is a little horse. And transferred to human beings a pony would be a (teenage) girl. (In contrast to "horse" in the meaning of an adult women). The painted in the meaning of "lot of make-up". And "ridden" in his sexual meaning. So "painted ponies that you've ridden all before" would be hyperstyled slutty teenage girls.

But then I found this explanation in the urban dictionary, which makes also a lot of sense:

a ponie(noun) is sexual female being that dances in a weird yet shexual manner, she loves to do the dancing, oh yes...she loves ginger people although it may involve burning and death.

While listening to the song I get associations to kind of "Playboy-Bunny"-like girls.

Doesn't matter if he's old, he's rollin'.

I think, that I'm hearing "he's a rollin'"?

But, apart from this, what does "he's rolling" mean? Does it mean, that he ist very fat, so shaped very round and that's why he is rolling? Or is it a colloquial/slang phrase?

Edited by DerMoment1608

First I thougt it was meant as a kind of metapher.

A pony is a little horse. And transferred to human beings a pony would be a (teenage) girl. (In contrast to "horse" in the meaning of an adult women). The painted in the meaning of "lot of make-up". And "ridden" in his sexual meaning. So "painted ponies that you've ridden all before" would be hyperstyled slutty teenage girls.

But then I found this explanation in the urban dictionary, which makes also a lot of sense:

While listening to the song I get associations to kind of "Playboy-Bunny"-like girls.

I think, that I'm hearing "he's a rollin'"?

But, apart from this, what does "he's rolling" mean? Does it mean, that he ist very fat, so shaped very round and that's why he is rolling? Or is it a colloquial/slang phrase?

It could mean quite well off, we have the phrase here "rolling in money", and considering the end of the verse ends in "Sugar Daddy, but he's just a munter", that would fit.

I don't get the first part of the April verse. The painted ponies .... No idea.

"Could you believe the same old phonies;

Those painted ponies that you've ridden all before?"

It sounds to me as if the same people keep coming back, maybe promising a better future but laying down the same old dirt? The painted ponies are the phonies. So, although they seem all lovely and colourful and harmless and cute and wonderful and...whatever...it's all a lie. And the person keeps going back to them "that you've ridden all before"

Ooh you naughty thing, Mika :teehee:

Yes I know it's like that in the deluxe edition :thumb_yello: but I don't have the standard so I was wondering if it's the same or the lyrics are printed in the booklet instead.

No, the two booklets are the same in both editions! You only find artwork and little parts of the lyrics on the booklets.:wink2:

• 3 weeks later...
oh thanks! that's enough to bumble the song at least:cheerful_h4h:

look what i see/// She-blue eyes- tald to him something about georgia, but he was too stupid and left her! :boxed: then she tryed to forget him adn he scream to much but she didnt understand nothing at all becase she was @so blind@, but i bet everything will be alright...:mf_lustslow:

haha yeah, I remember in the LICM booklet, he wrote the lyrics as "never stood on my own two feet feet":naughty:

I remember asking people, months and months after I had joined and people were like, "We discussed that months ago, get with the times :shun:"

So I never got the full explanation as to why that is. :blink:

I remember asking people, months and months after I had joined and people were like, "We discussed that months ago, get with the times :shun:"

So I never got the full explanation as to why that is. :blink:

I think we discussed it, but never came to a conclusion...don't feel bad, a lot of people are in the dark on that one.

• 1 month later...