Good Gone Girl - Lyrics and discussion

Suzy

I am disappointed with the studio version of this song :blink:. I loved the live version from the Roxy, and other live versions, it is so vibrant and really skips along. I find this studio version a bit plodding though and I can't really hear the piano. Plus, the part at the end is muddied by having the Beach Boysish part overlayed with the coda (is that the right word?) and I don't think that works at all.

It's still a good song but for me, musically, it's the only real letdown on the album.

Lyrically however it is quite hilarious, with the munter thing and also the double D bust :aah: (thanks for that Mika :wink2:). And I will still really enjoy it live.

This lyric simply makes me cackle with laughter, specifically because of how he sings it. I must have re-wound that part of the song at least 5 times last night in my boyfriend's car.

Lookin' out for a man who's golden

Doesn't matter if he's old, he's rollin'

I love that part too and the crazy beach boy bit. It's a great song to sing to in the car.

I am disappointed with the studio version of this song :blink:. I loved the live version from the Roxy, and other live versions, it is so vibrant and really skips along. I find this studio version a bit plodding though and I can't really hear the piano. Plus, the part at the end is muddied by having the Beach Boysish part overlayed with the coda (is that the right word?) and I don't think that works at all.

I fully agree. Many of the songs on this album have more than one vocal piece with two different lyrical bits overlayed on top of one another, which works in a lot of cases (One Foot Boy, for example).

But it makes me mental in Good Gone Girl. :aah:

It's SO much better live when the "ooh, ooh, ooh, good gone girl" bit and the "she's walking around..." bit are each given their own space to breathe. I especially love it live when he kills the instruments and ends it nearly acapella. :wub2:

I don't know why they elected to overlay those two. :bleh:

I will admit right now that I haven't read the whole thread. I did a quick little search to see if I could come up with a definition for munter (thankyou for filling in the gaps in my slang knowledge), and while I was looking I found someone saying that they heard more syllables in part of the first verse than the words would seem to indicate.

I've checked the lyrics on the front and it says

"Like a movie that is filled with lust".

I also heard more syllables and was sure that I was hearing

"Like a movie that is thrilling to the last".

Obviously I was wrong :dunno:

I fully agree. Many of the songs on this album have more than one vocal piece with two different lyrical bits overlayed on top of one another, which works in a lot of cases (One Foot Boy, for example).

But it makes me mental in Good Gone Girl. :aah:

It's SO much better live when the "ooh, ooh, ooh, good gone girl" bit and the "she's walking around..." bit are each given their own space to breathe. I especially love it live when he kills the instruments and ends it nearly acapella. :wub2:

I don't know why they elected to overlay those two. :bleh:

I like the studio version...:blink: I haven't heard Good Gone Girl live so I can't compare the live version and the studio version, but I think the way they overlaid the choruses is nice.

I will admit right now that I haven't read the whole thread. I did a quick little search to see if I could come up with a definition for munter (thankyou for filling in the gaps in my slang knowledge), and while I was looking I found someone saying that they heard more syllables in part of the first verse than the words would seem to indicate.

I've checked the lyrics on the front and it says

"Like a movie that is filled with lust".

I also heard more syllables and was sure that I was hearing

"Like a movie that is thrilling to the last".

Obviously I was wrong :dunno:

And: what does munter mean?

Mika's songs also fill my gaps of the english language, e.g. from Grace Kelly brink, and from Billy Brown nook.

When Mika sayd Good Gone Girl does he mean that the good is gone from the girl? :blink:

Yes I think so lol :naughty:

i thought it was that she had gone for good, as in she's left and is never coming back... :blink:Good-Gone Girl... am i making sense?

i thought it was that she had gone for good, as in she's left and is never coming back... :blink:Good-Gone Girl... am i making sense?

remember when we first heard this song and we were wondering if it was good gone girl or gone good girl or girl gone good? well, leave it to Mika to choose the one that confuses us the most :blink:

I listened and listened and I wanted the word to be punter, but I really heard munter; my son says it's like minger - usually applied to girls but doesn't have to be. So munter it is then (maybe :wink2:)

He does. I realised it defininitely is munter when I heard it in Amsterdam too. A little bit of my brain went 'tick' :roftl:

I still don't like the word though.

And: what does munter mean?

Mika's songs also fill my gaps of the english language, e.g. from Grace Kelly brink, and from Billy Brown nook.

It was an early call by Gatagorina (Sp?) who worked out it was munter.....

Lyrically however it is quite hilarious, with the munter thing and also the double D bust :aah: (thanks for that Mika :wink2:). And I will still really enjoy it live.

what does "double D bust" mean? :blink:

I like the studio version...:blink: I haven't heard Good Gone Girl live so I can't compare the live version and the studio version, but I think the way they overlaid the choruses is nice.
you can hear it live on the "live at Sadler's Wells" (deluxe edition)

Don't shoot me, but I wonder if this song could be about Katy Perry?

Good girl, turned bad.

She'll make it out of california

Double D blast

Hanging out with the boys who play guitar.

I thought about that too after listening to the Live Lounge interview (I think it was that one...) where he was asked if it was about Lady Gaga or something, and he said no and that he wouldn't say who it's about. For some reason she came to mind :dunno:

Good girl, turned bad.

Double D blast

I thought about that too after listening to the Live Lounge interview (I think it was that one...) where he was asked if it was about Lady Gaga or something, and he said no and that he wouldn't say who it's about. For some reason she came to mind :dunno:

Oooooooh conspiracy! :teehee:

It means "really big boobs" :lol3:

What's with his fixation with "big boobs"?:bleh:

In Love today too.

Childish and objectifying woman!:wags_finger:

Good girl, turned bad.

Double D blast

Crossed my mind too!:teehee: