Good Gone Girl - Lyrics and discussion

Suzy

What's with his fixation with "big boobs"?:bleh:

In Love today too.

Childish and objectifying woman!:wags_finger:

He can't help it if he's a Boob Man :naughty:.

In my experience pretty much all men - regardless of sexual orientation :wink2: - have a boob fixation. My son's only 7 and he is already bad. :aah:

I fully agree. Many of the songs on this album have more than one vocal piece with two different lyrical bits overlayed on top of one another, which works in a lot of cases (One Foot Boy, for example).

But it makes me mental in Good Gone Girl. :aah:

It's SO much better live when the "ooh, ooh, ooh, good gone girl" bit and the "she's walking around..." bit are each given their own space to breathe. I especially love it live when he kills the instruments and ends it nearly acapella. :wub2:

I don't know why they elected to overlay those two. :bleh:

Totally agree.. especially the bolded bit :wub2:

Good girl, turned bad.

She'll make it out of california

Double D blast

Hanging out with the boys who play guitar.

I thought about that too after listening to the Live Lounge interview (I think it was that one...) where he was asked if it was about Lady Gaga or something, and he said no and that he wouldn't say who it's about. For some reason she came to mind :dunno:

Crossed my mind too!:teehee:

Plus, the songwriting style itself strengthens this further for me: Freddie Mercury combined with the Beach Boys - the music she loves...:naughty:

I always thought it was about her and in the Simon Mayo interview he kind of confirmed it for me...:teehee:..

What's with his fixation with "big boobs"?:bleh:

In Love today too.

Childish and objectifying woman!:wags_finger:

I don't think it's meant as a compliment here "Coming at you with a double D bust" seems to suggest that the GGG thinks of herself as someone who doesn't think she has anything else to offer- a symptom of her "gone"ness, that goes with "in a rush cos she's getting older" later in the same verse.

Don't shoot me, but I wonder if this song could be about Katy Perry?

Good girl, turned bad.

Double D blast

I totally agree with you! :thumb_yello:

And tbh it would actually make sense with the lyrics because don't get wrong but didn't Katy Perry actually run off in car that she had neven driven on a highway and isn't she rumoured to have "Double D's" plus also didn't Mika and Katy use to eat burgers or something together in the past (when she may of been a 17 yr old possibly)... That's my theory on why it could be K.P..

I don't think its about anyone successful. I think GGG is about the contrast between the girl's teenage dreams and the desperate loser she's become.

I think Georgia sounds very much like she made it out in California and she's dancing to the life that she wanted when she was a good girl at 17. Sounds like she sacrificed (or at least suppressed) her goodness along the way to get where she is.

Katy Perry released a gospel album when she was a teenager and then moved to LA to start working with Island Records when she was 17. So I do wonder if there isn't something to the idea that it's based on her.

I think Georgia sounds very much like she made it out in California and she's dancing to the life that she wanted when she was a good girl at 17. Sounds like she sacrificed (or at least suppressed) her goodness along the way to get where she is.

Katy Perry released a gospel album when she was a teenager and then moved to LA to start working with Island Records when she was 17. So I do wonder if there isn't something to the idea that it's based on her.

Well wanting to be a gospel singer seems like a legit good girl dream to me-one which probably didn't included kissing a girl and liking it- and singing about it. But the song still seems to be to be about someone who's miserable and becoming desperate- and that doesn't fit KP.

What about all the references to "in a rush cos she's getting older" "suger daddy... munter" "beggars can't be picky"? To me they sound like someone who hasn't achieved her teenage dreams or who found they weren't what she thought. If it's a celeb, I'd say it was someone famous for being famous- and young- someone like Jordan (who Canada has probably been spared) or even Paris Hilton. Someone who hoped to have a decent career but hasn't the talent and is known for her love life and lack of clothes.

If not a celeb, maybe its someone who thought sleeping with a different man every night or being a groupie would be glamourous and exciting, but is reduced to sleeping with anyone who'll have her to boost her fragile ego. Or (as that's not a traditional "good girl" dream) someone who wanted a love to last forever but can't hold a man for more than a week or two.

What about all the references to "in a rush cos she's getting older" "suger daddy... munter" "beggars can't be picky"? To me they sound like someone who hasn't achieved her teenage dreams or who found they weren't what she thought.

Well Katy whipping her double Ds out because she's getting older and her career still hasn't taken off yet still fits to me. There were a number of years and a huge change in image and music from her 17 year old good girl days to I Kissed A Girl.

And the second story is about a girl named April so perhaps the real life Georgia is not related to the second verse. It seems more like Love Today with vignettes of different people and different stories. Maybe both girls started out as good and the gorgeous adoring one ended up a success, the hateful one a failure.

Well Katy whipping her double Ds out because she's getting older and her career still hasn't taken off yet still fits to me. There were a number of years and a huge change in image and music from her 17 year old good girl days to I Kissed A Girl.

And the second story is about a girl named April so perhaps the real life Georgia is not related to the second verse. It seems more like Love Today with vignettes of different people and different stories. Maybe both girls started out as good and the gorgeous adoring one ended up a success, the hateful one a failure.

I think KP makes sense too.

It could very well be two people but it could also be the same one that's changed. :dunno:

Katy (Katheryn) Hudson --> Katy Perry

I thought about that too after listening to the Live Lounge interview (I think it was that one...) where he was asked if it was about Lady Gaga or something, and he said no and that he wouldn't say who it's about. For some reason she came to mind :dunno:

Don't shoot me, but I wonder if this song could be about Katy Perry?

Good girl, turned bad.

Double D blast

You know, the thought it could be about someone famous never occured to me.:teehee:

We're probably looking way too much into this, and is this just some song he wrote while sh*tting on the toilet in 5 minutes.

Edited by xlindee

You know, the thought it could be about someone famous never occured to me.:teehee:

We're probably looking way too much into this, and is this just some song he wrote while sh*tting on the toilet in 5 minutes.

mu77tz.jpg

btw,apparently Katy Perry had been schooled on Oscar Wilde in 1 night with Russel Brand WTF I hate the internetz & its shocking revelations:aah:

I love the song so much ! And you can check lyricsmania.com out, they have the right lyrics for the song, i memorized the song, thanks to it ! :biggrin2:

we don't need to check out any websites since we bought the album and have the lyrics.. :cool:

That's how I see it, too.

And Love Today is a good example in terms of the lyrics and even people involved in writing the lyrics.

Edited by suzie

if you put the CD in your laptop, you can dowload the lyrics with the artwork..:wink2:

Oh thanks!:thumb_yello:

I didn't know that, keep your fingers crossed that the technical gods will be with me, please!:blush-anim-cl:

Is it only me who think GGG is a song about all the Katy Prices of the world who walk around looking for famous a man to use?

She walkes around with a double D bust, everybody knows her......

Not only you...

What about all the references to "in a rush cos she's getting older" "suger daddy... munter" "beggars can't be picky"? To me they sound like someone who hasn't achieved her teenage dreams or who found they weren't what she thought. If it's a celeb, I'd say it was someone famous for being famous- and young- someone like Jordan (who Canada has probably been spared) or even Paris Hilton. Someone who hoped to have a decent career but hasn't the talent and is known for her love life and lack of clothes.

I can't imagine the song about anyone in particular. It makes me think of the age group Mika is in. It's peculiar to not quite 30 but yet no longer in early 20's anymore. The dance dance to the life you wanted when you were only seventeen bit is what strikes the chord most strongly with me. I LOVE singing this song in the car on my way to work thoguh lol.

I can't imagine the song about anyone in particular.

Mika himself confirmed it was about an exhibitionist girl in a radio interview. He refused to name the person but denied it was about Gaga. (no fan of his would have thought that , anyway. He did not even know her when he wrote it)