Le Figaro Magazine, 27 September 2019 - Letter from Mika to Michael

mellody

30 minutes ago, mellody said:

It's a goose on the TL cover - but they are migratory birds too, and belong to the same bird family, so I think it might not make a big difference to Mika. Wanting to be a duck sounds cuter than wanting to be a goose, and maybe the goose looked better on the cover. Anyway I agree with carafon that this is related. Though he mentioned the ducks / geese in another interview where he mixed up the words. In any case it's likely he has done these interviews before his birthday and referred to them in his live chat.

That's so odd, because I see a big difference between a goose and a duck. Duck does sound cuter, and I always think of geese as being very aggressive and mean. I don't think its that big of a difference though.

26 minutes ago, carafon said:

In French being a goose means being quite an idiot …….:wink2:

In America, calling someone a "silly goose" is a very lighthearted way to call them an idiot.. :lmfao:

Edited by cat_loves_mika
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, cat_loves_mika said:

That's so odd, because I see a big difference between a goose and a duck. Duck does sound cuter, and I always think of geese as being very aggressive and mean. I don't think its that big of a difference though.

We are talking about wild ducks and wild geese - living in parks, flying free wherever they want. Not about domestic ducks and geese.

1 hour ago, mellody said:

It's a goose on the TL cover - but they are migratory birds too, and belong to the same bird family, so I think it might not make a big difference to Mika. Wanting to be a duck sounds cuter than wanting to be a goose, and maybe the goose looked better on the cover. Anyway I agree with carafon that this is related. Though he mentioned the ducks / geese in another interview where he mixed up the words. In any case it's likely he has done these interviews before his birthday and referred to them in his live chat.

So we have to wait to know more....He'd talked a lot about ducks in many interviews so it would make more sense indeed. But we are used to waiting anyway :wink2: and Mika enigmas always keep us busy and happy :biggrin2:

30 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Me too :wub2: I used to love Mika,  now I love both Mika and Michael and with an even bigger love :wub2:

I started following Mika back in 2007, because of his songs and his amazing stage shows - but Michael, who was always part of songs and interviews, is the main reason why I never stopped, despite me not being too happy about Mika's TV career. Of course I never realized the difference between the two, Mika told the stories of being bullied from the start, and although he never showed it in interviews at the beginning, it was obvious that he has a very sensitive, vulnerable side. It's very interesting to read it this clearly in this article what was "real" and what was show, for trying to hide his feelings.

Until about 2012 I always had the feeling there's a story Mika wants to tell us but hides it for some reason - and not just his homosexuality. It was like reading the Harry Potter novels, many tiny hints to something much bigger that'll be resolved in the end. Think of Dr John, The Mubbins,... all of this surely has a story. Just then it stopped, the tension was gone, without being resolved - 2013, XFactor, The Voice. It got harder and harder to see Michael behind Mika - only at few occasions when I met him I realized he was still there, and that kept me going. But now, with this album and these interviews, finally the story continues and resolves. Mika and Michael are one now, or at least much closer than ever before. And from the reports I read, I think those who saw him live at the Tiny Tour could feel the magic of that. :wub2:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, carafon said:

In French being a goose means being quite an idiot …….:wink2:

Does it? I never heard it . I know stupid as one's feet...I asked my husband he says it must be old French...I know oie blanche which means white geese (a young person who is stupid and silly)

Edited by crazyaboutmika

52 minutes ago, cat_loves_mika said:

In America, calling someone a "silly goose" is a very lighthearted way to call them an idiot.. :lmfao:

Yes, it's the same in German. Maybe that's why he says he wants to be a duck, although he actually wants to be a goose, they're better flyers I think, and they're migratory birds - I think of the ducks it's only certain species that are migratory.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mellody said:

Yes, it's the same in German. Maybe that's why he says he wants to be a duck, although he actually wants to be a goose, they're better flyers I think, and they're migratory birds - I think of the ducks it's only certain species that are migratory.

This is turning into the goose/duck thread :lmfao:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, silver said:

Anne, thanks for this, but all the interview from "I feed you, Michael" still shows my unrevised text - can you check again?

I see the 2nd part changed in Anne's post. Just not in my first post, I guess I'll put a link there to Anne's translation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Ok but you said être une oie not bête comme une oie at first

But saying "stupid like a goose" means that the goose is stupid …...:dunno:

Seems that we'are slowly going off topic …..:mfr_lol: just because of goose and duck :teehee:

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, silver said:

Anne, thanks for this, but all the interview from "I feed you, Michael" still shows my unrevised text - can you check again?

I don't have mods super powers :wink2:

so I shared my revised text in the thread,  that's all I could do...

Edited by crazyaboutmika

There's still some parts I don't understand - I don't know if they're unclear also in French (or maybe just to me), but maybe someone could explsin these to me?

4 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Shake this giant snow globe with music, turbulent mistress, colorful costumes and absurd sets

what's meant by mistress, is it about music?

I gave him a share of your privacy in this crowd.  I learned to trust him.

Who is "him"? I think he says "lui" there, that could also mean "them" (i.e. the crowd), right? Does it become clearer in the French context what he means?

I feed you Michael but I will protect you

"Je me nourris de toi " - wouldn't that be rather that Michael feeds Mika than v.v.?

All are from the Archangel Gabriel at the meeting of the Virgin in the Annunciation by Fra Angelico on the walls of the convent of San Marco in Florence.

Huh? :blink: What does his family have to do with this painting? I don't get that connection.

You don't do tricks in hotels anymore in order to sleep at seven in one room. I tend to be alone in a suite where the whole family and friends would be able to celebrate until dawn.

7pm or 7am? This passage is also something I don't get - Mika likes to party all night in a suite with his family and friends? Or? But why alone? And Michael does what? tricks? Huh? :aah:

15 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

If Mika ever reads this I bet he will laugh :lmfao:

He can't blame us... if he says we'll know if we follow his interviews and then isn't clear in his interviews, he has to blame it on himself. :mf_rosetinted: :teehee:

5 minutes ago, mellody said:

There's still some parts I don't understand - I don't know if they're unclear also in French (or maybe just to me), but maybe someone could explsin these to me?

what's meant by mistress, is it about music?

Who is "him"? I think he says "lui" there, that could also mean "them" (i.e. the crowd), right? Does it become clearer in the French context what he means?

"Je me nourris de toi " - wouldn't that be rather that Michael feeds Mika than v.v.?

Huh? :blink: What does his family have to do with this painting? I don't get that connection.

7pm or 7am? This passage is also something I don't get - Mika likes to party all night in a suite with his family and friends? Or? But why alone? And Michael does what? tricks? Huh? :aah:

i had corrected all this - I'll change what I can remember

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mellody said:

Oh wait, that part about the hotels - could it mean 7 people in one room? And Mika wants a suite for his own so he can invite party guests?

I don't think so

He compares his chidhood time when they had to trick to be 7 in one bedroom to now when he's sometimes alone in a suite with enough place to have a party with family and friends (and probably regreting being alone and missing the party)

Michael and family in poor financial situation compares to Mika being rich but sometimes alone

Edited by carafon
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, silver said:

i had corrected all this - I'll change what I can remember

Ah sorry silver... your version is still in the edit history, I'll DM it to Anne and you, then you two can change Anne's text accordingly.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, carafon said:

I don't think so

He compares his chidhood time when they had to trick to be 7 in one bedroom to now that he's sometimes alone in a suite with enough place to have a party with family and friends (and probably regreting being alone and missing the party)

Ah yes, that makes sense, thanks! I didn't understand it was 7 people and not the time 7. :doh:

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, mellody said:

I love how it is similar slang in different languages!

I never thought of the migration patterns of ducks before, but I'm pretty sure most of them here migrate because I do not remember seeing them in the winter. Canadian geese, I would see hundreds of every year growing up when they would migrating in the spring and fall. And now, they are menaces on my university campus. They do have very cute babies though. 

52 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

This is turning into the goose/duck thread :lmfao:

It's very important! Does Mika identify as a goose or a duck? A debate of a lifetime! :aah: 

• Haha 2