2019 @ Zenith Toulouse, FRANCE, Nov 16 REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

Kumazzz

Ok, report time. Seems like I will be the first. My report is probably one you had already read a lot on this forum: the report of a first time.

I won't go on about my travel from Marseille because you probably don't care but just so you know, I nearly never came to Toulouse and at half past ten; this morning, I was nearly in tears on a sidewalk in Aix-en-Provence. But, then, suddenly, everything got better and even if I arrived way more later than I thought, I finally arrived in Toulouse, more than ready to see Mika.

Because of the events of above, I only arrived at 6.30 pm. Obviously, the queue was huge and I was persuaded I would be very far from Mika. But I was ready for that. My aim for this first Mika gig (and first gig ever) was not to be on the front but just to enjoy.

To my surprise, when I arrived in the concert hall, there was less people than I thought but, in my opinion, i was still way back from Mika. No problem, I find a place and seat. Being shy, I don't speak a lot with people around me but they seem nice. And there, I want to stop to describe them quickly: to my right and lef, two groups of friends (one of teens and one of young adults), in front of me two couples (one hetero and one gay) and behind me a mother and her daughter. I found it so representative of the diversity of Mika's public that I wanted to share it.

Also, who was this girl with a multicolored bag who distributed colored bracelet in the back a bit after 7.00 pm? You seemed too much in your mission (and I was too shy) so I didn't dare to ask you if you were part of the MFC. But thank you for the bracelet and happy to have meet you, even if so briefly!

Back to to the story. After one hour of wait, at 8.00 pm straight, the opening act began. It was a DJ (I don't remember his name, sorry. Nickrill or something like that). i don't know a lot about DJs but he did his best to warm us up and did a pretty good job at it. His set lasted 22 minutes and then back to waiting for Mika, this time!

Then, I have to talk about two things that happened during the wait. First, a technician came to sweep the floor, I think (I wasn't near enough to see what he was doing). But, when he appeared, he was acclaimed as if he was the star of the night. And, then among the musics that were playing during our wait, suddenly came "Emmenez-moi" from Charles Aznavour. And, suddenly, everyone was singing, knowing pretty much every word of the song (me included obviously). But, at that moment, I couldn't help thinking that because of this two events, Mika must have thought of us as mad oldies.:insane:🧓👴. Must have been surprised when arriving on stage to see only a regular audience...:lmfao:

Now, the main event: Mika! I have only one (unoriginal) word: MAGICAL!! Just before the beginning of Mika's discourse about the origin of Earth and of the Meeks, some people screamed on the back. We thought maybe Mika was there but saw nothing. Explanation from those in the back? After the intro, Mika came on stage (cue lot of screams) and sang Ice Cream and then Dear Jalousy (with the explanation about him being a jealous bastard and all). That when I realised that with the protruding stage, he was only some ten meters away from me at a time and, sometimes, I could see him rather well (and he is even more beautiful in reality!:wub2:) Then came my favourite song: Origin of Love (with explanations too and a reference of pink being also Toulouse's color. Toulouse, city of desire?). I thought I would cry when hearing it since I dreamed so dearly to hear Mika singing it live. But, to my surprise, I just enjoyed it very very deeply.

Followed Platform Ballerina, a great live song, very dancy and uplifting! And then , another moment of surprise. I knew Mika would come in the public at the next son: Big Girl and I was hoping a bit he would come near me since I was more in the front than a I thought. Well, he didn't pass just near me but I saw him only a few meters away from me (:wub2::wub2:).When he got back on stage, he had strange white glasses that he wore than passed to Max who also wore them (a shout out to Maw, he was on 🔥 tonight!). Mika, then did Relax (I think, my memory is already hazy) and Tiny Love (with an explanation about violet being the color of the scary unknown).

Then , came Underwater. At the end of it, we had a magical moment. Spontaneously, the audience lighted their phone like during the Heaven Tour. Mika went with it and called us his stars again (:wub2::wub2::wub2:). He said that he liked big zeniths but that the bad side was that he couldn't see those far back (seated in the bleachers. So, he compared them to far away stars, then made them sing with lights on, then made us (on the ground) sing for them, with our back to the scene and finally made us all sing together. It was beautiful and one again, magical. The comic part came when he wanted to give back her phone to the fan he have taken it from. The fan wanted him to throw it but Mika feared breaking it. He talked about Toulouse being a city of rugby but that for his part, the only balloons he was good with was inflatable 4 foot balloons (cue!)

When he began , Elle me dit, there was a big uproar in the room. Being the only song (entirely) in french, we sung it at the top of our lungs. Then, he began with Lollipop, and I think that was the moment when he was strike by this trance were he can say anything, a moment he sometimes regret later (from his own saying) but that we love very dearly! He began by trying to play his piano backward, half lying on it (hard to explain but very funny), like Mozart in the Amadeus movie (his explanation, not mine). Took him two times to get Lollipop's melody right in this position. He then seated normally at his piano and said: "I realise that those in front of me only see the piano and my foot" and then added "....and I just realised what those behind me can see. My big ass!" (while shaking his ass, which didn't seem to bother those behind him much!:das:). He then began laughing and said that if his mother was there, she would come on stage and slap him while saying: "I don't care if you are 36, I'll slap you, moron!" (for saying a bad word, I suppose). He finished by adding in a small voice, like he was responding to his mother: "It's not my fault I have a big ass!" (No you don't, Mika!);

When he finally began Lollipop (to stop saying more stupid things in his own words), we thought he was done with saying strange things. But then, during a musical interlude in the song, wanting us to sing, he compared us to a chorus of birds, more precisely Cinderella's chorus of birds. He then went on a tangent about how his favourite character in the movie was Gus Gus, the fat mouse who's eating all the wheat (if I remember well, it was corn, Mika!:bleh:) and the cat and...we couldn't understand anything anymore (and him neither apparently). So, we finished Lollipop as a whole chorus of Cinderella animals, apparently...

Mika also sang Tomorrow and Paloma. While singing, "fly, oh fly, Paloma", his piano (and him obviously) went up on a platform. It did happen at other moments in the show but this one was the more beautiful. Happy ending came then. I had always found him singing a capella beautiful but I hard time seeing it as "magical) as described by those who saw it live. That was until I found myself in an entirely silent room (of 11.000 people!!) with only the sound of Mika's voice, without artifice, reasoning in my ears. Yep, it's magical.

The rest of the show was composed of Love Today and We are Golden. I won't give details on them, I'm already way too long. After a long and very noisy curtain call, he came back to sing Grace Kelly (with a part in french and a lot of very big inflatable multicolored balloons), Tiny Love (reprise) and Stay High. For that last one, he talked about the life outside making us feel "broken" sometimes and made us promise to Stay hiiiiiiigh! We then sang it for so long I had it in my head for the whole way back to my hotel (not a bad thing!). At the end of the song, a giant heart appeared from inside his piano. Again a Mika magic trick we all love!

And then, after some very warm salutations, it was the end, already. I suddenly realised I was very tired, that I had been standing for two hours and an half and that I had screamed way too much (sorry for the ears of those near me!). While going out, I saw a lot of people, a lot of smiles, people singing bits of songs and big inflatable multicolored balloons everywhere (even in the tramway).

Now, I can say I have participated in a magical moment on Underwater, been part of the chorus of "little bit of love on Happy Ending, sang like there was no tomorrow "We are not what you think we are!" and jump like there was no tomorrow either on Love Today! On the way back to my hotel, I was constantly holding my colored bracelet in my hand like the only proof it wasn't a beautiful dream of the first time I will go see Mika.

That's all for me. Sorry for being so long, I wanted to say everything I remember before beginning to forget. Sorry for the spelling and grammar errors, too. It's too late and now, I will go to bed, dreaming of Mika!:mika1:

Edited by Camus
Typos, ponctuation, grammar.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 7

13 hours ago, Camus said:

Ok, report time. Seems like I will be the first. My report is probably one you had already read a lot on this forum: the report of a first time.

I won't go on about my travel from Marseille because you probably don't care but just so you know, I nearly never came to Toulouse and at half past ten; this morning, I was nearly in tears on a sidewalk in Aix-en-Provence. But, then, suddenly, everything got better and even if I arrived way more later than I thought, I finally arrived in Toulouse, more than ready to see Mika.

Because of the events of above, I only arrived at 6.30 pm. Obviously, the queue was huge and I was persuaded I would be very far from Mika. But I was ready for that. My aim for this first Mika gig (and first gig ever) was not to be on the front but just to enjoy.

To my surprise, when I arrived in the concert hall, there was less people than I thought but, in my opinion, i was still way back from Mika. No problem, I find a place and seat. Being shy, I don't speak a lot with people around me but they seem nice. And there, I want to stop to describe them quickly: to my right and lef, two groups of friends (one of teens and one of young adults), in front of me two couples (one hetero and one gay) and behind me a mother and her daughter. I found it so representative of the diversity of Mika's public that I wanted to share it.

Also, who was this girl with a multicolored bag who distributed colored bracelet in the back a bit after 7.00 pm? You seemed too much in your mission (and I was too shy) so I didn't dare to ask you if you were part of the MFC. But thank you for the bracelet and happy to have meet you, even if so briefly!

Back to to the story. After one hour of wait, at 8.00 pm straight, the opening act began. It was a DJ (I don't remember his name, sorry. Nickrill or something like that). i don't know a lot about DJs but he did his best to warm us up and did a pretty good job at it. His set lasted 22 minutes and then back to waiting for Mika, this time!

Then, I have to talk about two things that happened during the wait. First, a technician came to sweep the floor, I think (I wasn't near enough to see what he was doing). But, when he appeared, he was acclaimed as if he was the star of the night. And, then among the musics that were playing during our wait, suddenly came "Emmenez-moi" from Charles Aznavour. And, suddenly, everyone was singing, knowing pretty much every word of the song (me included obviously). But, at that moment, I couldn't help thinking that because of this two events, Mika must have thought of us as mad oldies.:insane:🧓👴. Must have been surprised when arriving on stage to see only a regular audience...:lmfao:

Now, the main event: Mika! I have only one (unoriginal) word: MAGICAL!! Just before the beginning of Mika's discourse about the origin of Earth and of the Meeks, some people screamed on the back. We thought maybe Mika was there but saw nothing. Explanation from those in the back? After the intro, Mika came on stage (cue lot of screams) and sang Ice Cream and then Dear Jalousy (with the explanation about him being a jealous bastard and all). That when I realised that with the protruding stage, he was only some ten meters away from me at a time and, sometimes, I could see him rather well (and he is even more beautiful in reality!:wub2:) Then came my favourite song: Origin of Love (with explanations too and a reference of pink being also Toulouse's color. Toulouse, city of desire?). I thought I would cry when hearing it since I dreamed so dearly to hear Mika singing it live. But, to my surprise, I just enjoyed it very very deeply.

Followed Platform Ballerina, a great live song, very dancy and uplifting! And then , another moment of surprise. I knew Mika would come in the public at the next son: Big Girl and I was hoping a bit he would come near me since I was more in the front than a I thought. Well, he didn't pass just near me but I saw him only a few meters away from me (:wub2::wub2:).When he got back on stage, he had strange white glasses that he wore than passed to Max who also wore them (a shout out to Maw, he was on 🔥 tonight!). Mika, then did Relax (I think, my memory is already hazy) and Tiny Love (with an explanation about violet being the color of the scary unknown).

Then , came Underwater. At the end of it, we had a magical moment. Spontaneously, the audience lighted their phone like during the Heaven Tour. Mika went with it and called us his stars again (:wub2::wub2::wub2:). He said that he liked big zeniths but that the bad side was that he couldn't see those far back (seated in the bleachers. So, he compared them to far away stars, then made them sing with lights on, then made us (on the ground) sing for them, with our back to the scene and finally made us all sing together. It was beautiful and one again, magical. The comic part came when he wanted to give back her phone to the fan he have taken it from. The fan wanted him to throw it but Mika feared breaking it. He talked about Toulouse being a city of rugby but that for his part, the only balloons he was good with was inflatable 4 foot balloons (cue!)

When he began , Elle me dit, there was a big uproar in the room. Being the only song (entirely) in french, we sung it at the top of our lungs. Then, he began with Lollipop, and I think that was the moment when he was strike by this trance were he can say anything, a moment he sometimes regret later (from his own saying) but that we love very dearly! He began by trying to play his piano backward, half lying on it (hard to explain but very funny), like Mozart in the Amadeus movie (his explanation, not mine). Took him two times to get Lollipop's melody right in this position. He then seated normally at his piano and said: "I realise that those in front of me only see the piano and my foot" and then added "....and I just realised what those behind me can see. My big ass!" (while shaking his ass, which didn't seem to bother those behind him much!:das:). He then began laughing and said that if his mother was there, she would come on stage and slap him while saying: "I don't care if you are 36, I'll slap you, moron!" (for saying a bad word, I suppose). He finished by adding in a small voice, like he was responding to his mother: "It's not my fault I have a big ass!" (No you don't, Mika!);

When he finally began Lollipop (to stop saying more stupid things in his own words), we thought he was done with saying strange things. But then, during a musical interlude in the song, wanting us to sing, he compared us to a chorus of birds, more precisely Cinderella's chorus of birds. He then went on a tangent about how his favourite character in the movie was Gus Gus, the fat mouse who's eating all the wheat (if I remember well, it was corn, Mika!:bleh:) and the cat and...we couldn't understand anything anymore (and him neither apparently). So, we finished Lollipop as a whole chorus of Cinderella animals, apparently...

Mika also sang Tomorrow and Paloma. While singing, "fly, oh fly, Paloma", his piano (and him obviously) went up on a platform. It did happen at other moments in the show but this one was the more beautiful. Happy ending came then. I had always found him singing a capella beautiful but I hard time seeing it as "magical) as described by those who saw it live. That was until I found myself in an entirely silent room (of 11.000 people!!) with only the sound of Mika's voice, without artifice, reasoning in my ears. Yep, it's magical.

The rest of the show was composed of Love Today and We are Golden. I won't give details on them, I'm already way too long. After a long and very noisy curtain call, he came back to sing Grace Kelly (with a part in french and a lot of very big inflatable multicolored balloons), Tiny Love (reprise) and Stay High. For that last one, he talked about the life outside making us feel "broken" sometimes and made us promise to Stay hiiiiiiigh! We then sang it for so long I had it in my head for the whole way back to my hotel (not a bad thing!). At the end of the song, a giant heart appeared from inside his piano. Again a Mika magic trick we all love!

And then, after some very warm salutations, it was the end, already. I suddenly realised I was very tired, that I had been standing for two hours and an half and that I had screamed way too much (sorry for the ears of those near me!). While going out, I saw a lot of people, a lot of smiles, people singing bits of songs and big inflatable multicolored balloons everywhere (even in the tramway).

Now, I can say I have participated in a magical moment on Underwater, been part of the chorus of "little bit of love on Happy Ending, sang like there was no tomorrow "We are not what you think we are!" and jump like there was no tomorrow either on Love Today! On the way back to my hotel, I was constantly holding my colored bracelet in my hand like the only proof it wasn't a beautiful dream of the first time I will go see Mika.

That's all for me. Sorry for being so long, I wanted to say everything I remember before beginning to forget. Sorry for the spelling and grammar errors, too. It's too late and now, I will go to bed, dreaming of Mika!:mika1:

Oh, Thank you so much for your report!!!!

So many details you remember and describe!!!!

Yes, these fluo bracelets we distributed by Mika fans I know. I am not sure if it was MFC action or not. But who cares :thumb_yello:

I think people started to throw them around during "Relax".

You mention Underwater. I have seen it on Instagram. So beautiful Mika's tribute to his fans sitting far from him.

Here is the video. And at the end this little spot of one mobil on the piano... Mika's ❤️

And Mika playing piano sitting on it :-)

It's a great pleasure to perform in such beautiful halls as this one. It's great. Everything can be heard well. Anyway, I hope so. I have a beautiful view from here. But many people are very far away. Yes I am talking to you. And you know what? The stars are very far away. If we turn off all the lights and you hide your telephones (to the viewers under the stage) ... I am now addressing those who are sitting there back high. Sing with me and point your lights toward the sky. You will find yourself very close to me. Let's turn off all lights. One, two, three ... Underwater !!!!!!!!!!! Hide your lights. And now everyone here (near the stage) don't look at me. Look at our friends sitting there high. Turn towards them. Prepare your lights and sing for them ... One, two ... one, two, three ... Underwater !!!! And once more. Louder!!!! Underwater !!!!!!!!!!!!!! And now I want to hear the whole room! One, two, three ... Underwater !!!!!!!!!! ... .. Turn off the lights ... 

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for your kind words on my report. I thought it was complete but I realised, this morning I forgot a few things...

First, there was two fan happenings. The first was the one with the colored bracelets. Instructions were to light it on at the end of the first song (Ice Cream) which we did. Then, later, on Relax, some fans in the front launched their colored bracelet on stage which made Mika laugh as you can hear in the video. The second happening was during Tiny Love. Some fans on the ground had posters with "I am ***, I was born in ***" on it. Mika didn't particularly reacted on it but the view must have been beautiful from the stage.

Three other little things happened: First, during Elle me dit, a fan called Satana or Saitana? sended a letter on stage. Mika only read the first two lines which was something like: "My name is Satana (Saitana), I'm twenty something (don't remember the exact age, sorry) but I am already tired." Mika commented on it by saying: If you're already tired at twenty something, you'll see at thirty-six!" and then used it in his attempt at make us believe he was too tired to dance. I also forgot that when Mika struggled to get a fan her phone back, after one or two minutes of Mika struggling, a men took the phone ton give it back to the fan. Mika, at first called him a gentleman then began to complain: "Where were you in the last two minutes while I was struggling?". Of the third thing, I am not sure since I didn't see anything but at the beginning of a song (don't remember which one), Mika must have done something very sexy because some fans in the front screamed very loudly. Anyone to confirm?

Thank you also Kumazz and Anna for the videos! Thanks to them, I can relive again and again what happened! Yes, the lonely light at the end is Mika, lightening his face in an horror movie mode! I also forgot about that! Thanks for remembering me!

8 hours ago, kelly62100 said:

merci pour le resumé , y a t il une boutique au concert si oui ils vendent quoi?

Je suis désolée, je ne peux pas vraiment te donner de réponse précise car je n'y suis pas allée mais il me semble (pas sure) qu'il y en avait une dans le hall principal du Zénith.

I'm sorry, I can't give you much details about it since I didn't go there but I think (not sure) there was one in the main hall of the Zénith.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

INSTAGRAM

lepetitblondinet

MIKA ; J’ai 12 ans quand je le découvre. Je tombe très vite sous le charme de ce personnage haut en couleur, de cet univers et de ses musiques enivrantes.
Il arrive au bon moment, le moment où je deviens un ados perdu au milieu des autres, un peu à part. C’est une bulle d’oxygène dans laquelle j’échappe à la vraie vie. Les moqueries, le harcèlement à l’école, des résultats scolaire peu glorieux qui laissaient entendre que je n’allais pas avoir une vie convenable... J’apprends sa vie, son parcours, ses épreuves, ses réussites. Je l’admire. Je me reconnais à travers lui. Comme un grand frère qui nous dit quoi faire.
Être solaire, avancer, rendre le monde meilleur et surtout être sois même.

Il est devenu une inspiration majeure de ma vie personnelle, artistique et professionnelle.

Our names are Michael ~

Merci @mikainstagram

:uk: Google translator

Spoiler

MIKA; I am 12 when I discover it. I fall quickly under the spell of this colorful character, this universe and its intoxicating music.
It happens at the right moment, the moment when I become a teenager lost in the middle of others, a little apart. It's a bubble of oxygen in which I escape the real life. Mockery, harassment at school, poor academic results that suggested I was not going to have a decent life ... I'm learning about his life, his career, his hardships, his successes. I admire him. I recognize myself through him. Like a big brother who tells us what to do.
To be solar, to go forward, to make the world better and above all to be the same.

He has become a major inspiration in my personal, artistic and professional life.

Our names are Michael ~

Thanks @mikainstagram

• Like 1

I was also there, the show was incredible, it was sooooo magic. Mika didn't stop after the show, I hope he receives my gift ( moroccan pastry / Drawing of a horse and a Card ) in the reception at the Zenith of Toulouse. That could be amazing. I hope someone  of you can ask him after a show or something so I will be reassured.   :no: 

• Like 1