Hallo from Germany

Dorit

Hello,

I'm from Germany and I love Mika since his first album! Back then, in the summer of 2007, we went on holiday to Sweden, and there was "Grace Kelly" on the radio every day. After finding out that the singer was apparently called Mika (Mika? Never heard of 😉), I came across the new album, bought it and immediately fell in love with his music.

Meanwhile my 13 year old daughter has become a fan also and on 14th of February we finally had the chance to see Mika live in Strasbourg. It was worth every kilometre and every minute of delay (Deutsche Bahn 😞)! It was just great, a dream come true and the best concert I have ever experienced. And hopefully it wasn't the last one.

• Like 5

Herzlich Willkommen, Dorit! :welcomeani: Fab to see new German members here. :) I think a lot of Germans were in Strasbourg, and it was so sweet of Mika to mention many countries fans had come from, and even say a few German words. :wub2: Did you wait for him after the show? And are you coming to Colmar in July? It's very close to the German border as well. :wink2:

If you want to chat in German here on MFC, that's the thread for it:

Hello @Dorit and welcome to the MFC.  :welcomeani: I have experienced some things that you say. When I knew about him, bought inmediately his albums and fell in love of everything about him, not only his music. Almost 11 years have passed and I am still fascinated by his  music, talent and personality and above all, I love his live shows. They are unique. I hope you can go to more concerts since Mika is 100% addictive.  

Meanwhile you can take a look at how the forum works in this thread. Enjoy the place. :wink2:

• Like 1

Hello Dorit, welcome! 😃

Yes, right, back in 2007: heard Grace Kelly, bought the album, (for me also: seen Mika on a TV talk show, good old times when he was present in German TV/Media...)... and that was it, boom: Mika fan 🥰  That was my way, too. 😂  I'm also from Germany and not so long registered here at (international) MFC yet either, but still long time fan.

Great to hear you could visit the Strasbourg concert! I was there, too :wub2: (You didn't by any chance sleep in a hotel only 5 minutes walk from Zenith and had breakfast the next morning together with your daughter there, hearing other German voices? Cause I did... that wasn't you coincidentally 😅)

Edited by Lexa

23 hours ago, silver said:

Hi and welcome to the MFC :bye:

Good to know you have seen Mika live (at a great gig), and that you are already thinking about another gig.  Seeing Mika is very addictive :naughty:

"Addictive" - that's so true 😁

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mellody said:

I think a lot of Germans were in Strasbourg, and it was so sweet of Mika to mention many countries fans had come from, and even say a few German words.

My daughter is still raving about the "Dankeschön" ("so sweet" 😉).

23 hours ago, mellody said:

And are you coming to Colmar in July?

In July we are "unfortunately" on vacation and because of that too far away. I hope it works out soon anyway - I don't want to have to wait several years again.

4 hours ago, Sabine64 said:

Hallo Dorit und herzlich Willkommen im MFC. I´m Sabine and I also come from Germany. Where are you from? I was in Strassburg too and it was a  very special concert for me.

Wir sind aus Erfurt und ich bin so froh, dass es während der Ferien ein Konzert in erreichbarer Nähe gab, so dass wir endlich die Chance auf ein Livekonzert hatten. Ich bin immer noch total begeistert und hoffe, es klappt's bald mal wieder.

We are from Erfurt and I am so glad that there was a concert during the holidays within reach, so that we finally had the chance for a live concert. I am still totally excited and hope it works out soon again.

1 hour ago, Lexa said:

You didn't by any chance sleep in a hotel only 5 minutes walk from Zenith and had breakfast the next morning together with your daughter there, hearing other German voices? Cause I did... that wasn't you coincidentally

Wir haben im "Premiere Classe Strasbourg Ouest" übernachtet, allerdings nicht gefrühstückt, weil wir das in der Stadt machen wollten (und gemacht haben), bevor wir nach Hause gefahren sind. Da wir nun einmal in Strasbourg waren, wollten wir noch ein bisschen Sightseeing machen.

We stayed overnight at the "Premiere Classe Strasbourg Ouest", but we didn't have breakfast because we wanted to do that in the city. We wanted to do some sightseeing before we went home.

Thank you all for the Welcome!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Lexa said:

Hello Dorit, welcome! 😃

Yes, right, back in 2007: heard Grace Kelly, bought the album, (for me also: seen Mika on a TV talk show, good old times when he was present in German TV/Media...)... and that was it, boom: Mika fan 🥰  That was my way, too. 😂  I'm also from Germany and not so long registered here at (international) MFC yet either, but still long time fan.

Great to hear you could visit the Strasbourg concert! I was there, too :wub2: (You didn't by any chance sleep in a hotel only 5 minutes walk from Zenith and had breakfast the next morning together with your daughter there, hearing other German voices? Cause I did... that wasn't you coincidentally 😅)

if you mean the Le Lodge you may have heard our voices.....