Mika is Missing: Fun Fan Theories

TinyLove_CJ

11 hours ago, mellody said:

Thought I'd post here with something like that, but I see you guys were already much faster and already in the middle of a discussion, lol! :roftl:  Had to research Camel Cake now. And read "Mika" in the small version of the pic. So just leaving this here as my contribution to this discussion for today. :lmfao:  better off to bed now, goodnight... :teehee:
e526a56187577fce9f76f3eb9b95f006.jpg

OMG NO YOU DIDN’T!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol3:

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Being a cake for me is being annoying :lol3:

:floor: I've not heard that before! My mind was all over the place - does she mean he's pretending like with the giraffe head? Or does she mean he's being nutty or fruity, or fluffy and sweet like a sponge cake, or tempting and delicious like a gooey cream gateau? :lmfao:

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Honestly, where does YOUR mind go :lol3: 

For me there is only Oreo cake!!

Haha, I've just pm'd you about that! :lmfao:

But you like oreo cake, why would it be annoying? 

Edited by Hero
All chocolatey and... Oh Jesus. I do it to myself, I really do.
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, mellody said:

Maybe he'll post about the official ticket presale for the Italian tour today? :dunno_grin:

You were right! He's kindly let us know he's still in Tuscany. Thank you Mika! :flowers2: 

Dang, I nearly put winter sunbathing as one of my guesses too! :lol3:

• Like 5

Been googling the hotel. It is niice! But at those prices googling is all I'll do... :naughty:

Any ideas why he might be in Paris? Meeting Christian? Visiting family? Arranging a special valentines gift for Andy? Shareholders meeting for Divie? All of the above? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Hero said:

Been googling the hotel. It is niice! But at those prices googling is all I'll do... :naughty:

Any ideas why he might be in Paris? Meeting Christian? Visiting family? Arranging a special valentines gift for Andy? Shareholders meeting for Divie? All of the above? 

I think that he stays in fancy hotels while traveling in business. He has so many friends and family members in Paris that he doesn't need to spend money on Crillon hotel - one of the most expensive in Paris.

• Like 2

I got spoilt by recent Mika posts and miss a little update, is he still in Paris?  and I'm also thinking about the quiet before the storm post - is it the Eurovision and Piano tour, or will he reveal more surprises?

13 minutes ago, MartaH said:

I got spoilt by recent Mika posts and miss a little update, is he still in Paris?

In his last post he was in Paris, but that was Tuesday, now he could be anywhere. :lmfao:

13 minutes ago, MartaH said:

and I'm also thinking about the quiet before the storm post - is it the Eurovision and Piano tour, or will he reveal more surprises?

Yeah, I guess he meant a bit of everything: the reactions he would get for being at Coachella, also him co-hosting Eurovision probably didn't/isn't well received everywhere (haven't followed what's being written on social media about it) and the storm could also be that he's got quite a lot of work to do now, as his tour in North America starts in April and he wants to get new songs ready by then and maybe some ideas for the Magic Piano Tour and as you say: I guess there could be more surprises coming up. :original:

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Prisca said:

In his last post he was in Paris, but that was Tuesday, now he could be anywhere. :lmfao:

True... why was / is he in Paris and where is he now? Didn't he say something about "before I'm going in the studio" in the video from his garden in Italy? So maybe he's recording in Paris this time? Or just got a pair of new shoes there and then went on to Rome or Miami for recording? :naughty:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Someone is in the studio and recording the other instruments for the already recorded songs (in the studio in Italy with Amy)! That’s my guess at least 🙃

Yes it's Mika's studio in Italy.

The guy may be the young man from the previous story (with Amy the Owl and Harry Pottterrrr :lol3:  )

The same watch on the wrist?

He was speaking French, so I suppose he is French.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

really? The one at his home? :blink: Looks different to me, but hard to tell with those filters. 😅

Anyway he's in the studio, whichever studio it is, probably finishing the songs he has written, and that's wonderful news. :wub2: 

Maybe he'll release the album around the tour start in September? And a first single around the time of Eurovision? :dunno_grin: In any case the lucky ones who are going to the US gigs will hear new songs (and I hope for lots of videos of those! :fisch: :teehee:)

• Like 6

On 2/11/2022 at 3:08 PM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

On 2/11/2022 at 4:36 PM, mellody said:

really? The one at his home? :blink: Looks different to me, but hard to tell with those filters. 😅

I wondered about this too, doesn’t the Paris studio look similar with the same acoustic panels on the wall? Either way, he’s in the studio! I will say it again, I’d love to be a fly on the wall ☺️ That’s why I think it’s really cool he is sharing snippets, I guess that is what flies would actually see :lol3:

So I would guess the next couple of weeks until the start of The Rite Of Spring tour are going to be busy with writing and composing music? It’s “only” 7 more weeks until Boston (no, no, I haven’t been counting down or anything :biggrin2:), I’m so curious if it means he will kind of hide from the world and in the studio until that time, or that he will appear somewhere. 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I wondered about this too, doesn’t the Paris studio look similar with the same acoustic panels on the wall? Either way, he’s in the studio! I will say it again, I’d love to be a fly on the wall ☺️ That’s why I think it’s really cool he is sharing snippets, I guess that is what flies would actually see :lol3:

So I would guess the next couple of weeks until the start of The Rite Of Spring tour are going to be busy with writing and composing music? It’s “only” 7 more weeks until Boston (no, no, I haven’t been counting down or anything :biggrin2:), I’m so curious if it means he will kind of hide from the world and in the studio until that time, or that he will appear somewhere. 

I guess a fly in the studio would have to hide well behind one of the panels, or it'll end up as mash on someone's hand. :naughty: No one wants a fly humming around the mic while recording. :roftl: But a little fly-sized camera, with mic, live-streaming what's happening in the studio to my computer, I certainly wouldn't mind that. :teehee: I'd really love to see Mika in the writing and also in the production process of his music, see and hear his creative ideas coming to life, bit by bit, including the ideas that end up not being realized - tho I probably couldn't keep myself from commenting on what I like or don't like, and he knows pretty well that we'd do this, that's why he doesn't share it with us. :naughty: He could record it tho and post it later when the songs are published. Imagine a behind the scenes kind of "making of" of some of his songs, how amazing would that be! :wub2: At least we get a little bit of it, with the snippets he shares.

What do you  mean by "he will appear somewhere"? As in public appearances? Probably not, unless there is some event where he would usually show up. But I hope he'll keep sharing bits and pieces of what he's doing in his stories and posts. :wub2: Like of the Revelation Tour he shared clips of the rehearsals set back then, a sneak preview on the rainbow stage that got us all very excited! :biggrin2:

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Hero said:

I wonder if we might get a Rite of Spring EP, and a Magic Piano EP, rather than an album? 

Maybe... but on the MFC live it sounded like he was writing a LOT of songs, not just 3 or 4 for an EP. But who knows, he's writing a movie soundtrack as well, and he said before that he's writing 60 songs for an album, so maybe it's 20 for an EP, of which only a couple will get picked. Anyway I can't wait to hear new music, as soon as possible, whether filmed by fans at the gigs or as an EP or album or shared on his social media ... I just noticed today that I even have enough of listening to MNIMH, never thought that would happen but I probably listened to it over a hundred times or even more in the last 2 years. More than 2 years.

I need new music. :overreact: :teehee:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, mellody said:

Imagine a behind the scenes kind of "making of" of some of his songs, how amazing would that be! :wub2: At least we get a little bit of it, with the snippets he shares.

Was thinking this too. I loved that he shared this for the TOOL album. I wouldn’t mind seeing that again for this one. Or even backstage in general, also making the making of both upcoming tours? Maybe that is also part of the job for the tour roadie, I really can’t wait for content to be shared by both the tour roadie as Mika himself. I imagine this could happen from April on, maybe even two weeks ahead of the tour.

10 minutes ago, mellody said:

What do you  mean by "he will appear somewhere"? As in public appearances?

Yeah, but this is just wishful thinking. However, I wouldn’t be surprised if they already do some promo prep for ESC, as Mika will be touring in April.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, mellody said:

Anyway I can't wait to hear new music, as soon as possible, whether filmed by fans at the gigs or as an EP or album or shared on his social media ... I just noticed today that I even have enough of listening to MNIMH, never thought that would happen but I probably listened to it over a hundred times or even more in the last 2 years. More than 2 years.

I need new music. :overreact: :teehee:

Hahaha! I guess for me as a relatively new fan, I still keep discovering things in different arrangement of his songs, so I have been reviewing those a lot. Like the different versions of Relax: I love the slow acoustic beginning, I can’t get enough of if currently. Or the acoustic arrangement of Grace Kelly which made me rediscover him again: I never was a huge fan of the studio version (oops, I am not allowed to say this out loud, am I :facepalm:), but I love love love his acoustic, live versions.

Wait, didn’t he say the Magic Piano tour is a one man acoustic set? Just him and his piano? Please pick me up off the floor afterwards!! 
(And I wouldn’t mind if he would even play that song!! :biggrin2:)

• Like 3