Mika is Missing: Fun Fan Theories

TinyLove_CJ

15 minutes ago, Hero said:

I wonder if we might get a Rite of Spring EP, and a Magic Piano EP, rather than an album? 

Most likely he will play a new song during the Rite of Spring, but maybe also even during the Magic Piano tour. Then album release end of the year? But like Karin said, an album release in September would fit the fall tour very much.

Although… I would love for him to take the Magic Piano tour in the rest of Europe. Maybe he will change the setlist at some point, adding new songs as the tour progresses. Didn’t he say in 2021 he will be busy for the next 2-3 years? What if it’s mainly with touring? 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Wait, didn’t he say the Magic Piano tour is a one man acoustic set? Just him and his piano? Please pick me up off the floor afterwards!! 
(And I wouldn’t mind if he would even play that song!! :biggrin2:)

Yes, for each city it's one night in an intimate theatre setting, just him and his piano :wub2: and one night in an arena with the big spectacle.

Awesome! :punk:

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Hero said:

Yes, for each city it's one night in an intimate theatre setting, just him and his piano :wub2: and one night in an arena with the big spectacle.

Awesome! :punk:

I have to say, this is all sounding a lot like my first Mika dream that I posted about a few weeks ago on the dream thread. Does this mean I should be impulsive and fly off to Italy this fall? What are the dream gods trying to tell me?? :boat: :yes:

Edited by Aki Celeste
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Hero said:

But :boat:  might take a while, quicker to :plane::yes:

Damn, I missed the plane icon! Thanks for busting it out for me. :D It's been many years since I've been to Italy but I have always wanted to return someday...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Aki Celeste said:

Damn, I missed the plane icon! Thanks for busting it out for me. :D It's been many years since I've been to Italy but I have always wanted to return someday...

The timing is perfect then! Come join us. :hug:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hero said:

The timing is perfect then! Come join us. :hug:

I will have to think it over... Boston will be my first live Mika experience, but it sounds like the setting could be quite different in Italy, depending on the venue. Time to crunch some numbers (and vacation days)!

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Hero said:

He... he's in England???  :blink:

Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! :excite::squirrel::boing:

*looks up train schedules to the cotswolds*

I did. That too

and I am technically off the next two day I could go look for him but  it it’s a 6-10 hour train journey at least I’m good 

pits nice to know I’m in the same country tho 

Edited by BeccaStardust
  • Like 2

He’s in the Cotswolds? Maybe coincidence, but now his Harry Potter reference in the studio with Amy makes so much sense :lol3: (lots of Harry Potter was filmed in the Cotswolds).

I wonder he is deriving inspiration from the landscape, or just is enjoying a weekend away and is taking a break from the studio and writing to recharge :thumb_yello:

• Like 2

14 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Although… I would love for him to take the Magic Piano tour in the rest of Europe.

Me too, but I have a feeling he's only going to do the Magic Piano tour in Italy and then maybe next year a tour in France with a completely different theme? I guess those who want to see Magic Tour live should go to Italy. :original:

14 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Didn’t he say in 2021 he will be busy for the next 2-3 years? What if it’s mainly with touring? 

I also think he will be touring for the next few years. :original: I could imagine him having a theme every few months in a different country/area?

• USA/Canada = For the Rite of Spring tour (April 2022)
  • Italy = The Magic Piano tour (September & October 2022)
  • France? = ... tour (Spring 2023?)
  • South America? = ... tour (Autumn 2023?)
  • Asia? = ... tour (Spring 2024?)

Of course, this also depends on how the corona pandemic develops further and if and when it becomes an endemic like influenza. :dunno_grin:

I guess he wants to tour South America and Asia in the near future because he couldn't go there due to the cancellation of the Revelation tour because of the corona pandemic. I guess he would tour South America first and then Asia, because I think the corona restrictions in South America are not as strict as in Asia. :dunno_grin:

grafik.png.04497f3f88494eeaf3519fcf5f267db2.png It's all in my head. Mika didn't say anything about doing the different tours with different themes (except USA/Canada and Italy, which he has already confirmed). :original:

• Like 4

4 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

He’s in the Cotswolds? Maybe coincidence, but now his Harry Potter reference in the studio with Amy makes so much sense :lol3: (lots of Harry Potter was filmed in the Cotswolds).

I wonder he is deriving inspiration from the landscape, or just is enjoying a weekend away and is taking a break from the studio and writing to recharge :thumb_yello:

I didn't know about Harry Potter being filmed there, interesting... but I just realized that Monday is Valentine's day, maybe Andy is in the UK and Mika is visiting him? :wub2: Mika always says he doesn't care about such days where you are supposed to celebrate love or your Mum or Dad, but he also was so happy on Valentine's day 2020 to celebrate it with us at the Strasbourg gig. :wub2: "you are my reward for all the shitty Valentine's days in my life". :mikalove: ... I guess his "I don't care about Valentine's day" might be about as accurate as when he said "I am as romantic as a barstool" - rather to protect himself from disappointments than the actual truth. :dunno_grin: 

Tho of course it's debatable whether it makes sense to support the whole Valentine's day commercial aspect. Imo it doesn't need any heart decorations or expensive gifts to show each other your love. :hug:

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, mellody said:

I guess his "I don't care about Valentine's day" might be about as accurate as when he said "I am as romantic as a barstool" - rather to protect himself from disappointments than the actual truth.

This makes my heart ache... in a good way, I think? Or maybe it's more accurate to say that I feel empathy for the self-protection part, because I don't think many artists are more romantic or truthful than Mika when it comes to music, no matter what he says. :) I'm so glad he was able to have that experience with his fans in 2020 - best V Day gift ever!

:cloud:

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Aki Celeste said:

This makes my heart ache... in a good way, I think? Or maybe it's more accurate to say that I feel empathy for the self-protection part, because I don't think many artists are more romantic or truthful than Mika when it comes to music, no matter what he says. :) I'm so glad he was able to have that experience with his fans in 2020 - best V Day gift ever!

:cloud:

the self-protection part is my interpretation, because I 100% agree with you that in his music he shows his romantic side, no matter what he might say elsewhere. Or just how much he loves flowers. :wub2: Anyway I think he's much more comfortable being himself meanwhile than he was a few years ago, and that's wonderful. :wub2:

31 minutes ago, BeccaStardust said:

Okay never been in a proper relationship but isn’t Valentine’s Day just commercial why do you need a day to love your partner 

you should love them and every day 

Yes, but you could say the same about Christmas or other special days. It's about rituals, a reminder thar you get on certain days, because we tend to take things for granted if we always have them. In my family, Valentine's day was never particulary limited to romantic relationships, but just a day to remind us of all the people we love and who love us - no matter if it's a partner or your parents, kids, or friends. But it also never was about cards and gifts and heart decorations. I think everyone just has to find their own meaning for it, whether it is the promoted commercial one or none at all, or anything in between. However, I think that many of those who passionately hate Valentine's day only do so because they feel left out but don't want to admit it, or have been disappointed before and want to protect themselves. Or maybe they just have a different idea about it than their partner.

What I said about Mika and Valentine's day is just my interpretation of the things he said at the Strasbourg gig - in fact, this day was my personal favourite Valentine's day ever, because there was just so much love in the room - like at many Mika gigs, but even a bit more. That doesn't diminish my love for my husband & family in any way, but it's an example of how differently Valentine's day can be celebrated, and that it can be about just any form of love - or just a day like any other. It's what we make of it, and not what the industry wants us to make of it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mellody said:

Mika always says he doesn't care about such days where you are supposed to celebrate love or your Mum or Dad

The self protection part I can understand, but I think him saying this mainly has to do with him and his family not celebrating love/a birthday/life in general on a particular day. The date and place is not important. To celebrate something in itself surely is :biggrin2::wink2:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

I also think he will be touring for the next few years. :original: I could imagine him having a theme every few months in a different country/area?

• USA/Canada = For the Rite of Spring tour (April 2022)
  • Italy = The Magic Piano tour (September & October 2022)
  • France? = ... tour (Spring 2023?)
  • South America? = ... tour (Autumn 2023?)
  • Asia? = ... tour (Spring 2024?)

Of course, this also depends on how the corona pandemic develops further and if and when it becomes an endemic like influenza. :dunno_grin:

I guess he wants to tour South America and Asia in the near future because he couldn't go there due to the cancellation of the Revelation tour because of the corona pandemic. I guess he would tour South America first and then Asia, because I think the corona restrictions in South America are not as strict as in Asia. :dunno_grin:

I said it before - he should hire you as his tour planner. :thumb_yello:

I guess he'd want a South America tour to coincide with the Lollapalooza festivals, like he was planning before. 

• Like 2

Just now, Hero said:

I said it before - he should hire you as his tour planner. :thumb_yello:

I guess he'd want a South America tour to coincide with the Lollapalooza festivals, like he was planning before. 

when are they?