CANCELLED - 2022 - Mika @ Roadrunner, Boston - 2 April 2022

Mikasister

Mika himself said in the latest Paris Match interview that taking more risks makes you feel alive, he‘s really not kidding!

To be honest, I have all trust in the world things are going to happen as they are planned. The numbers weren’t good either as we were at the Philharmonic gigs in Paris, but we took a risk and we had a wonderful wonderful time. So I am just going to channel that positive energy for the rite of spring tour. We have a right to have a wonderful spring!!! 🙃

• Like 4

On 12/23/2021 at 2:28 PM, holdingyourdrink said:

Mika himself said in the latest Paris Match interview that taking more risks makes you feel alive, he‘s really not kidding!

To be honest, I have all trust in the world things are going to happen as they are planned. The numbers weren’t good either as we were at the Philharmonic gigs in Paris, but we took a risk and we had a wonderful wonderful time. So I am just going to channel that positive energy for the rite of spring tour. We have a right to have a wonderful spring!!! 🙃

You're right Michelle, we must stay positive.:yay:

So let's talk about concrete things, april will be here soon !

As europeans fans, Romy and me will need some help...🙏

Is there a lot of accommodation close to the Roadrunner venue ? Which ones have you already booked all of you ? Which ones do you suggest ?

And then, for the Boston to New York journey, the plane seems the best solution, right ?

Sorry for all these questions...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2022 at 1:03 PM, Hero said:

Number crunching to see if I can... its a definite maybe! 

I'm in the same boat!

NYC is a "definitely probably" for me, but making Boston feasible is gonna take some careful budgeting and maybe a little bit of magic.

Anyone know if the Boston bus station stays open all night?

Edited by kreacher
  • Like 2

On 1/13/2022 at 8:21 PM, kreacher said:

I'm in the same boat!

NYC is a "definitely probably" for me, but making Boston feasible is gonna take some careful budgeting and maybe a little bit of magic.

Anyone know if the Boston bus station stays open all night?

South Station? Their website says yes, the bus station is open 24-7. Train station is open 5am to midnight. 

https://www.south-station.net/faq

Hope the benches are comfy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Seems like there's a lot of chatter on some other threads about fan actions - i.e. what to wear or carry (hats, lights, etc), not to throw on the stage or in the air - but I'm wondering if any folks going to the Boston show are interested in doing something similar, since it is the inaugural show of the tour. I'm planning on at least wearing a flower crown, possibly one that lights up. Perhaps we could come up with some ideas on the theme of flowers? At least one of the European concert threads is talking about flower-shaped glow sticks. Or we could always do a variation on the heart papers with flashlights shining through them...unless it's unlikely that security will let them through. Thoughts from anyone who's been to his larger concerts before (this'll be my first)?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aki Celeste said:

Seems like there's a lot of chatter on some other threads about fan actions - i.e. what to wear or carry (hats, lights, etc), not to throw on the stage or in the air - but I'm wondering if any folks going to the Boston show are interested in doing something similar, since it is the inaugural show of the tour. I'm planning on at least wearing a flower crown, possibly one that lights up. Perhaps we could come up with some ideas on the theme of flowers? At least one of the European concert threads is talking about flower-shaped glow sticks. Or we could always do a variation on the heart papers with flashlights shining through them...unless it's unlikely that security will let them through. Thoughts from anyone who's been to his larger concerts before (this'll be my first)?

I’m into this. I’ve always wanted to do a fan action but at my 14(?!) Mika gigs we’ve never even held up pieces of paper, let alone lit up ones!

i tried to find a list of regulations about what people can bring into the venue, etc on the Roadrunner website but found nothing of the sort. However, the NYC venue has a huuuuuuge list of rules, so if we do a fan action I’d agree Boston is the place to do it.

Edited by kreacher
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, kreacher said:

i tried to find a list of regulations about what people can bring into the venue, etc on the Roadrunner website but found nothing of the sort. However, the NYC venue has a huuuuuuge list of rules, so if we do a fan action I’d agree Boston is the place to do it.

Thanks for looking into this! I unfortunately did not manage to buy presale tickets, so I won't be getting into the Roadrunner venue as early as some. But I can still wave my glowsticks/what-have-you from afar! Or meet up with folks beforehand outside the venue so we can make a plan to group ourselves together enough to be noticeable. :) 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Aki Celeste said:

I'm planning on at least wearing a flower crown, possibly one that lights up. Perhaps we could come up with some ideas on the theme of flowers?

I think this is a great idea! And as @kreacheralready mentioned, Boston seems to be the place to do it as there aren’t as many restrictions. 

A flower crown was also my idea. (I would also love to see Mika wear one, my latest artwork was literally just that :biggrin2:

What if everyone would wear one, just imagine looking into the crowd and pretty much looks at a flower bed? Wouldn’t that be amazing? 
And one that lights up even!!!! I love your thinking :thumb_yello: 

So yes, I’m in!!!!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

A flower crown was also my idea. (I would also love to see Mika wear one, my latest artwork was literally just that :biggrin2:

What if everyone would wear one, just imagine looking into the crowd and pretty much looks at a flower bed? Wouldn’t that be amazing? 
And one that lights up even!!!! I love your thinking :thumb_yello: 

So yes, I’m in!!!!

I love this image, of Mika seeing a sea of flowers in the crowd! Of course, some might be reminded of the flower crowns in the film Midsommar, but we'd be going for quite a different vibe. :D Which is why the light-up feature might be a nice idea, give it more of a festival feel. I've gotten myself a crown already, but I need to figure out how to light it up (Etsy seems to have a few). Or maybe I'll just go with waving something around instead.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Aki Celeste said:

Thanks for looking into this! I unfortunately did not manage to buy presale tickets, so I won't be getting into the Roadrunner venue as early as some. But I can still wave my glowsticks/what-have-you from afar! Or meet up with folks beforehand outside the venue so we can make a plan to group ourselves together enough to be noticeable. :) 

Wait, this venue is all general admission, isn't it? To me that means "first in line, first inside" regardless of if your ticket was presale or not. Or did I miss something?

11 minutes ago, kreacher said:

Wait, this venue is all general admission, isn't it? To me that means "first in line, first inside" regardless of if your ticket was presale or not. Or did I miss something?

I think in London, those who bought at the presale have early access. I don't remember seeing that in Boston, but I honestly didn't pay that much attention, I wanted to buy a ticket quickly. :teehee:

1 hour ago, kreacher said:

Looking at Prisca's response, i may have gotten my events mixed up. I could've sworn the Boston location offered early admission to presale ticket holders, but hopefully I'm wrong and have a chance of getting in well before 8. How long in advance do people tend to start queuing? The longest I've ever waited in line for an event is prob 2 hours, but maybe I should arrive earlier in this case...

3 minutes ago, Aki Celeste said:

Looking at Prisca's response, i may have gotten my events mixed up. I could've sworn the Boston location offered early admission to presale ticket holders, but hopefully I'm wrong and have a chance of getting in well before 8. How long in advance do people tend to start queuing? The longest I've ever waited in line for an event is prob 2 hours, but maybe I should arrive earlier in this case...

I'm afraid I can't remember what it said when I bought my ticket for Boston. :blush:

I'm sure about London, though, because in the London thread we talked about whether we should pay a bit more for it and buy the "early access", but later we got the information that it was included in the MFC presale. Maybe someone should read the page at the Boston event in detail? :dunno_grin:

14 minutes ago, Aki Celeste said:

I don't know, I haven't actually bought a ticket for the Boston show yet.

The earliest I've arrived to queue is like 7:45AM :teehee: But that was more because I wasn't staying in a hotel room or have any other place to go, and not because I really wanted to start so early or think it needed... both of those times someone else showed up shortly after tho, so maybe it was needed

Edited by kreacher
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, kreacher said:

I don't know, I haven't actually bought a ticket for the Boston show yet.

The earliest I've arrived to queue is like 7:45AM :teehee: But that was more because I wasn't staying in a hotel room or have any other place to go, and not because I really wanted to start so early or think it needed.

And how many people were already there at this time? :original:

3 minutes ago, Prisca said:

And how many people were already there at this time? :original:

None, so i left for about 20-30 minutes and when I came back there was one in Montreal, and in NYC someone else came like 20 minutes after I returned. Both were MFCers of course :thumb_yello:

Even though others joined me early the line didn't start building up that much until after noon I'd say.

Edited by kreacher
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, kreacher said:

Both were MFCers of course

Seems like MFC folk like to band together, lol. I checked the Roadrunner website again, and the only information I could find was that doors open at 7pm. I'm thinking I'll probably show up at least as early as 5pm...

I noticed something else weird on the venue website (which has been glitchy from start to finish with me). The Artist Info section on the page about Mika's concert only mentions his musical career up through NPIH. Did whoever posted it even realize that he's released a new album and singles since then? * huffs *

Edited by Aki Celeste
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Aki Celeste said:

Seems like MFC folk like to band together, lol. I checked the Roadrunner website again, and the only information I could find was that doors open at 7pm. I'm thinking I'll probably show up at least as early as 5pm...

Do you have a standing or sitting place?

1 minute ago, Prisca said:

Do you have a standing or sitting place?

When I bought my tickets, it was general admission only, with no assigned seats. I think they might have seating though? Not able to find much information online in that regard. It also might depend on how many people buy tickets, as the venue can hold up to 3,500.

2 minutes ago, Aki Celeste said:

When I bought my tickets, it was general admission only, with no assigned seats. I think they might have seating though? Not able to find much information online in that regard. It also might depend on how many people buy tickets, as the venue can hold up to 3,500.

You're right, it only says "general admission". :doh: It depends on how far in front you want to be, but 5pm might be a bit late if you don't want to be too far back? :dunno_grin:

3 minutes ago, Prisca said:

5pm might be a bit late if you don't want to be too far back?

Good to know, thanks! I'll be happy if I can even make it there, with COVID restrictions and such, but if I'm feeling up to it I may very well start waiting in line earlier. I hear that bringing snacks and water is not a bad idea, at least until I get inside. :D

• Like 2