CANCELLED - 2022 - Mika @ Roadrunner, Boston - 2 April 2022

Mikasister

7 hours ago, ~Wicky~ said:

So sorry to hear, big hug to every fan in Boston! :hug: Hope you all can still get together and have a good time.

Sending all my positive thoughts to Mika; hope he will recover soon (not Mika soon, but really soon).

Hi from Boston! Some of us absolutely did get together and we got to enjoy the city, the sun and eachother’s company. Of course we gutted that the show got cancelled, but I think out of everyone here in Boston, Mika feels much much worse. This was beyond his control, he didn’t want to get sick as much as we didn’t want him to get sick, maybe even more so. 

The amazing thing is with concerts, it is not just the concert, is everything around it, too. This community has grown beyond Mika and we have become friends making memories, regardless. We celebrated this tonight! 

• Like 16

12 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Hi from Boston! Some of us absolutely did get together and we got to enjoy the city, the sun and eachother’s company. Of course we gutted that the show got cancelled, but I think out of everyone here in Boston, Mika feels much much worse. This was beyond his control, he didn’t want to get sick as much as we didn’t want him to get sick, maybe even more so. 

The amazing thing is with concerts, it is not just the concert, is everything around it, too. This community has grown beyond Mika and we have become friends making memories, regardless. We celebrated this tonight! 

I'm so glad to hear this, Michelle. Thank goodness that the MFC community is there for each other when things like this happen!

I just wanted to mention that I did hear from Mika and he asked that I pass along a message to the fans who had been counting on his show tonight.

“I really hate canceling a show more than anything in the world. Especially last minute. I tried to make it happen right up until the last moment but it just got way worse today. Pls pass on my message and I promise to rest up to get back on my feet as soon as possible. X”

• Like 20
  • Thanks 13

4 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I agree with you 100% Michelle!

I met great people at concerts (and before while queueing  :lol3: ) and now I know that even when I go alone for Mika's concert I will never be alone. This is an incredible experience and I am so happy I can live it :bow:

4 hours ago, dcdeb said:

I just wanted to mention that I did hear from Mika and he asked that I pass along a message to the fans who had been counting on his show tonight.

“I really hate canceling a show more than anything in the world. Especially last minute. I tried to make it happen right up until the last moment but it just got way worse today. Pls pass on my message and I promise to rest up to get back on my feet as soon as possible. X”

Yesterday I was devastated seeing Mika's message.

Actually as this American part of the tour is not in my schedule I was just reading news, checking posts and that's all. I liked the feeling that the next day I would see videos, photos and reports...

... and yesterday about 4pm I receive a notification that Mika posted something on Instagram. So in a good mood I open it and.... my heart stopped biting for a second.... the concert is cancelled. Mika is ill.... I am not able to describe all the feeling I passed trough another few minutes.

Thank you Deb for this special message from Mika. As Michelle mentioned, that was much painful for him than for us.

And thank you for IG live - I really needed it.

Fingers crossed for NY concert.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Thanks Deb and fingers crossed. 🤞❤️

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Thanks Deb for passing on Mika’s message. He really didn’t have to do that, which is why we appreciate it the more that he decided to reach out ❤️ 

Wishing him all the strength and rest to feel better soon. I hope he knows that we care much more for his well-being and health than for any number of shows. 

• Like 8

5 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Je suis tellement contente d'entendre ça, Michelle. Dieu merci, la communauté MFC est là les uns pour les autres lorsque de telles choses se produisent !

Je voulais juste mentionner que j'ai entendu parler de Mika et il m'a demandé de transmettre un message aux fans qui comptaient sur son émission ce soir.

"Je déteste vraiment annuler une émission plus que tout au monde. Surtout à la dernière minute. J'ai essayé de faire en sorte que cela se produise jusqu'au dernier moment, mais ça s'est encore aggravé aujourd'hui. Veuillez transmettre mon message et je promets de me reposer pour me remettre sur pied dès que possible. X"

merci Deb pour ce message, toutes mes pensées vont à Mika qui doit tellement être déçu d'être malade.  le principal est qu'il aille mieux  :)  nous avons encore de belles dates à venir pour le retrouver. force et courage Mika love you.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dcdeb said:

just wanted to mention that I did hear from Mika and he asked that I pass along a message to the fans who had been counting on his show tonight.

Thanks Deb for this message. I am quite sure that Mika will do everything to be at the best for NYC gig. 

• Like 3

Thanks Deb for relay this message .It's touching tha he thought of his fans .

We had the immense pleasure of meeting fans across borders and that’s what we must remember.

Mika must have really had his heart broken , we hope he recovers quickly.

• Like 2

I'm so sorry for Mika and for all of you in Boston :tears:

Very big hugs to all of you :group_hug:

I'm sure he'll make it up to all of you with another concert as soon as he can :itsok:

Sending you all lots of love :hug:

Thank you for sharing Mika's message Deb :huglove:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, carafon said:

Oh....so sorry that I missed the info . :doh:

It supposed to be an extra live with fans queueing in Boston. But as Mika posted his message Deb decided to make a short live. You can watch it on MFC Instagram accoint,

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

It supposed to be an extra live with fans queueing in Boston. But as Mika posted his message Deb decided to make a short live. You can watch it on MFC Instagram accoint,

Yes, and I hope to do one tomorrow from New York! I'll be catching a train early in the morning, arriving in Manhattan around noon -- so we'll all get together for dinner tomorrow night and will share a few minutes with you then. And if all goes as planned we'll hopefully be doing another livestream from the queue outside Kings Theatre in Brooklyn on Tuesday!

:crossed:

• Like 12

• mellody changed the title to CANCELLED - 2022 - Mika @ Roadrunner, Boston - 2 April 2022
  • 1 month later...

Okay, a tip from me. If Mika is planning to give a concert on your birthday and you have the choice between 13 and 14 in the queue, take 14 and don't make the same mistake I did. :facepalm:

Funnily enough, I was: Ehm, 13 is before 14 but do I really want this number? And afterwards the concert was really cancelled. :aah:

Ok, a little sarcasm had to be there. 😅

To be honest, though, I had 8 wonderful concerts afterwards and certainly shouldn't complain. :wub2:

But I feel sorry for the people who came all the way to Boston and couldn't make it to the concert. And even more sorry for those who came for Boston and New York and couldn't go to both concerts. I hope you can see Mika live soon. :hug:

• Like 3