CANCELLED - 2022 - Mika @ Roadrunner, Boston - 2 April 2022

Mikasister

6 minutes ago, Prisca said:

And what time should I/we start queuing? smilie_denk_14.gif

Now I have to think about it before I see you? The date change changes the whole planning. :lol3:

Damn, this means I pretty much go directly from the airport to the venue. I can quickly drop off my bags at the hotel and gooo. 

I really wanted to queue early to get a shot at first row. Good thing he is tall, because I am not!

1 minute ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Damn, this means I pretty much go directly from the airport to the venue. I can quickly drop off my bags at the hotel and gooo. 

I really wanted to queue early to get a shot at first row. Good thing he is tall, because I am not!

Can't you change the flight? :dunno_grin:

• silver changed the title to 2022 - Mika @ Roadrunner, Boston - 2 April 2022 (date changed!)
Just now, holdingyourdrink said:

I am looking into that, but it also means I need an extra night in Boston. 

What time are you arriving? Friday right?

Yes, Friday at 9.15 pm.

However, I am now seriously considering staying overnight at a friend's house from 31 to 1 April, because I arrive at Zurich airport just an hour before the 9.45 am flight leaves. Otherwise I'll have a heart attack before I even get to America, I can't miss this flight. :nervous::lol3:

I have a 7-hour stopover in Barcelona. This was the cheapest flight connection I could find. :original:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kreacher said:

At least he didn't wait to spring this news on us until March!

Yeah, I'm glad Mika didn't announce that last minute. :yes:

It really looks like Mikaearly is the new Mikasoon. :lmfao:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Prisca said:

Yeah, I'm glad Mika didn't announce that last minute. :yes:

It really looks like Mikaearly is the new Mikasoon. :lmfao:

It's very considerate, maybe he knows there are a couple of fans coming from Europe to see him, so we can still change our itinerary? (Wishful thinking, I know)

• Like 3

Just now, holdingyourdrink said:

It's very considerate, maybe he knows there are a couple of fans coming from Europe to see him, so we can still change our itinerary?

He knows that. :yes:

• Like 3

On 1/30/2022 at 4:11 PM, Hero said:

OK, I'm hopefully arriving about 8am ish on 2nd. Still to book flights and accommodation, looking at flights now. I'd be up for something once I've dumped bags and freshened up. 

Looks like you booked your flight a day too early. :rolleyes:

Are you keeping it or are you going to change it? :dunno_grin:

In America, people don't start queuing as early as in Europe,  as we heard (at least not for Mika). I guess it's not necessary to change your flight if you don't feel like it. :dunno_grin:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Looks like you booked your flight a day too early. :rolleyes:

Are you keeping it or are you going to change it? :dunno_grin:

In America, people don't start queuing as early as in Europe,  as we heard (at least not for Mika). I guess it's not necessary to change your flight if you don't feel like it. :dunno_grin:

Oh fudge. I just booked leave off work and the cattery for Martha too. :damn:

I'll keep it, I get into JFK at 11.20pm on 1st then I can get an early morning internal flight to Boston, so I'll be there around 8.15am. Just hope I can sleep on the flight to NY and maybe in JFK, otherwise I'll be hitting the Boston coffee shops. And I don't drink coffee!  :insane:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Hero said:

I'll keep it, I get into JFK at 11.20pm on 1st then I can get an early morning internal flight to Boston, so I'll be there around 8.15am. Just hope I can sleep on the flight to NY and maybe in JFK, otherwise I'll be hitting the Boston coffee shops. And I don't drink coffee!  

It will probably be the same for all Europeans, we will all be :insane:. :lol3:

You'll definitely get there early enough to queue. Otherwise you just belong to me and sneak to the front. :naughty:

I don't know when to start queuing yet. :lmfao:  :teehee:

• Haha 1

Mika freaked me out with this announcement. I've managed to change my flight but now the issue is explaining to my family and mini Mika that is 5 years old that I'm leaving for that long 🤦🏼🤦🏼🤦🏼

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hero said:

Oh fudge. I just booked leave off work and the cattery for Martha too. :damn:

I'll keep it, I get into JFK at 11.20pm on 1st then I can get an early morning internal flight to Boston, so I'll be there around 8.15am. Just hope I can sleep on the flight to NY and maybe in JFK, otherwise I'll be hitting the Boston coffee shops. And I don't drink coffee!  :insane:

Just do what I did for Paris. No sleep..... Move on Mika's adrenaline.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

It's very considerate, maybe he knows there are a couple of fans coming from Europe to see him, so we can still change our itinerary? (Wishful thinking, I know)

Hey I'm coming from LA! That counts too.... Lol

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Sivan said:

I've managed to change my flight but now the issue is explaining to my family and mini Mika that is 5 years old that I'm leaving for that long 🤦🏼🤦🏼🤦🏼

She will understand, just bring her a nice present. :biggrin2:

And that already raises the next question. Should one go to New York the day before, since one has nothing planned for 3 April, and cancel the night from 3 April to 4 April at the accommodation? smilie_denk_14.gif

Then would you be in New York earlier for the MFC meeting or do you want to stay a day longer in Boston to deal with the jet lag? :insane:

And I haven't booked the trip from Boston to New York and the accommodation in New York yet (I hadn't got around to it :lol3:).

I also don't know whether to take the train or the plane? smilie_denk_14.gif

The cheapest flight I found (hand luggage only) is only 37 CHF (40 USD), don't know if it will be cheaper by train. :dunno_grin:

And I haven't decided yet whether I want to travel with hand luggage only? :lol3:

And hopefully the concert date won't be changed again and we'll have to reschedule everything afterwards. :lmfao:

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

And that already raises the next question. Should one go to New York the day before, since one has nothing planned for 3 April, and cancel the night from 3 April to 4 April at the accommodation? smilie_denk_14.gif

Sivan and I were talking about seeing the Jim Henson exhibition in Queens (the man who made the muppets). It is only open in the weekend, so we will travel to NY on the Sunday! Maybe come with us?

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

And I haven't decided yet whether I want to travel with hand luggage only? :lol3:

The cheaper domestic flight with Delta is hand luggage only, which made me decide to travel only with hand luggage. Also saves waiting at baggage claim, big plus when you have a connecting flight like me. 

Like I mentioned before: I only pack for myself and not my three mini’s, so I can actually make this happen :lol3:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Sivan and I were talking about seeing the Jim Henson exhibition in Queens (the man who made the muppets). It is only open in the weekend, so we will travel to NY on the Sunday! Maybe come with us?

Thank you, I'll think about it! :thumb_yello:

@Hero What do you think about going to New York already on 3 April? :original:

Edited by Prisca