CANCELLED - 2022 - Mika @ Roadrunner, Boston - 2 April 2022

Mikasister

3 hours ago, Prisca said:

Check at the airline website what you are allowed to take with you in your hand luggage. It might make more sense to check in one piece of luggage because, although you would have room for everything in your hand luggage, you are not allowed to take everything (not containers with fluids with more than 100 ml, also applies to shower gel, shampoo (I think also toothpaste), no scissors, nail cutters etc.). But you can also buy these things in America or containers with less than 100 ml at home.

Move your arms, legs and sometimes stand up during your flight, otherwise you might find all your bones aching when you arrive.

Enough Mika music stored on your phone, take a book/magazine and all the things that are allowed and fun. :biggrin2:

Hahaha tell me about it. We just arrived in Brazil after like 25 hours on the road with 3 flights. We also missed our first flight etc. The craziest flying travel I ever had 🤦🏼🤪🥵

16 minutes ago, Sivan said:

The day we arrive in Boston? I might get there too late 😢 I think i land only around 8:45pm

If you are not too tired and feel like it, you can join us later (when we're still around). :original:

14 minutes ago, Sivan said:

Hahaha tell me about it. We just arrived in Brazil after like 25 hours on the road with 3 flights. We also missed our first flight etc. The craziest flying travel I ever had 🤦🏼🤪🥵

I hope your stay will at least be good. :original:

You're not exactly encouraging us for our flight. 😅:lol3:

31 minutes ago, Prisca said:

If you are not too tired and feel like it, you can join us later (when we're still around). :original:

I hope your stay will at least be good. :original:

You're not exactly encouraging us for our flight. 😅:lol3:

Hahaha sorry! I'm sure you would be fine! Our car was towed the night before the flight!!! Crazy!!! 

And maybe you can meet at our hotel. Maybe there is a bar? Lol no idea. But will be faster to see you 😁

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Hero said:

OK, I need to ask advice of more experienced travellers. I've only flown once before, to Crete when I was about 20, soooo....  this is my possible travel plan: 

Fri 1st fly late evening LHR to JFK, arrive 11.30pm. Hoping I can sleep on the flight, if I'm not too excited, lol! Spend 6 hours kicking my heels at JFK (hopefully some shops, food and lounges will be open) then early morning flight to Boston, arrive around 8am on 2nd. 2 nights in Boston. On 4th get morning flight back to JFK, do the NY meet up and concert. Then late night flight back from JFK on 6th, arrive UK about 8am. 

I'm looking at booking economy light, which is the carry on bag plus a small personal bag. It doesn't include a suitcase. I'm thinking if I pack carefully that should be OK, if I miss anything I can always buy when I'm there. 

Does that sound feasible? Does anything jump out as being a bad idea? 

And, do you have any tips for making the journey more pleasant? (Note to self: buy some pyjamas :lol3:)

Sounds okay to me. Maybe bring a sleeping mask and some earplugs if you want to sleep on the flight?
I found this website super helpful for info about hanging out all night in airports https://www.sleepinginairports.net/guides/new-york-city-jfk-airport-guide.htm

14 hours ago, Prisca said:

Check at the airline website what you are allowed to take with you in your hand luggage. It might make more sense to check in one piece of luggage because, although you would have room for everything in your hand luggage, you are not allowed to take everything (not containers with fluids with more than 100 ml, also applies to shower gel, shampoo (I think also toothpaste), no scissors, nail cutters etc.). But you can also buy these things in America or containers with less than 100 ml at home.

In the USA they changed the rule about nail cutters/scissors with blades longer than a certain # of inches, but I guess for international travelers they might still be forbidden? I dunno, I’d check https://www.tsa.gov/travel to be sure

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, kreacher said:

In the USA they changed the rule about nail cutters/scissors with blades longer than a certain # of inches, but I guess for international travelers they might still be forbidden? I dunno, I’d check https://www.tsa.gov/travel to be sure

Thanks!! I just browsed through and really had a good laugh about some items :lol3:

@Priscawe can bring nail cutters, disposable razor blade and scissors up to 10.16cm from the pivot point. Just leave your Swiss Army knife at home :biggrin2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Thanks!! I just browsed through and really had a good laugh about some items :lol3:

@Priscawe can bring nail cutters, disposable razor blade and scissors up to 10.16cm from the pivot point. Just leave your Swiss Army knife at home :biggrin2:

Wait, I can't bring my machete? How else am I gonna deal with my hairy legs? :naughty:

Like you, I plan on travelling light, just some essentials to keep me fresh on the journey, then buy anything else I need when I'm there. 

Probably the most dangerous thing I'll have with me will be my tweezers!

Given the guidance on the TSA site about not wearing clothes with high metal content, what you need to remove for the security scan etc, and with wanting to be comfortable for hopefully sleeping on the plane - I am seriously considering making like Mika and wearing pyjamas for the trip. :biggrin2:

5 hours ago, kreacher said:

Maybe bring a sleeping mask and some earplugs if you want to sleep on the flight?

Genius! Thank you. 

5 hours ago, kreacher said:

I found this website super helpful for info about hanging out all night in airports https://www.sleepinginairports.net/guides/new-york-city-jfk-airport-guide.htm

I was actually browsing that yesterday, it's really useful. :yes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Hero said:

Given the guidance on the TSA site about not wearing clothes with high metal content, what you need to remove for the security scan etc, and with wanting to be comfortable for hopefully sleeping on the plane - I am seriously considering making like Mika and wearing pyjamas for the trip. :biggrin2:

This may the reason why he does it :teehee:

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Hero said:

Probably the most dangerous thing I'll have with me will be my tweezers!

Something so dangerous? :blink:

Snow White Do Not Want GIF

Remind me that you have one when I catch a splinter.:facepalm:

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Hero said:

@Prisca when do you arrive in Boston? Have you had a look online at the local places, if there's anything you want to do for your birthday? 

I am now at least to the point where I booked a flight to Boston and an accommodation yesterday. 😅

I arrive at Boston airport at 9.15pm on 1 April and by the time I get to my hostel it will probably be around 10pm or later.

No, I haven't looked at anything yet and I also wanted to see who all wanted to do something on 2 April first. :original:

But I am open to suggestions. :original:

1 minute ago, Prisca said:

I am now at least to the point where I booked a flight to Boston and an accommodation yesterday. 😅

I arrive at Boston airport at 9.15pm on 1 April and by the time I get to my hostel it will probably be around 10pm or later.

No, I haven't looked at anything yet and I also wanted to see who all wanted to do something on 2 April first. :original:

But I am open to suggestions. :original:

OK, I'm hopefully arriving about 8am ish on 2nd. Still to book flights and accommodation, looking at flights now. I'd be up for something once I've dumped bags and freshened up. 

What accommodation have people booked? I was looking at Airbnb yesterday but they don't seem any cheaper than hotels (at least, not the ones you'd actually want to stay in :teehee:).

1 minute ago, Hero said:

What accommodation have people booked? I was looking at Airbnb yesterday but they don't seem any cheaper than hotels (at least, not the ones you'd actually want to stay in :teehee:).

I don't know what the others booked, but I only looked on Airbnb. :teehee:

https://www.airbnb.ch/hotels/42065558?check_in=2022-04-01&check_out=2022-04-02&previous_page_section_name=1000&federated_search_id=d61d395b-4c7a-4243-80c6-d42301aab71a&guests=1&adults=1

The accommodation is about 40 to 45 minutes from Logan International Airport and about 30 to 35 minutes from Roadrunner. And since public transport is almost free in America (at least in Boston :teehee:), no problem.

I chose it because you can also check in late. At Airbnb it just said from 3pm, but since it's a hostel, I also checked their website and it said check in until 11pm. I then asked after I booked through Airbnb to be sure and he wrote back very quickly that I could check in any time after 3pm. :thumb_yello:

It's an 8-person room and with a shared bathroom, but I don't mind. :original:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

Oops! Haha. :lol3: :baghead:

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

https://www.airbnb.ch/hotels/42065558?check_in=2022-04-01&check_out=2022-04-02&previous_page_section_name=1000&federated_search_id=d61d395b-4c7a-4243-80c6-d42301aab71a&guests=1&adults=1

The accommodation is about 40 to 45 minutes from Logan International Airport and about 30 to 35 minutes from Roadrunner. And since public transport is almost free in America (at least in Boston :teehee:), no problem.

I chose it because you can also check in late. At Airbnb it just said from 3pm, but since it's a hostel, I also checked their website and it said check in until 11pm. I then asked after I booked through Airbnb to be sure and he wrote back very quickly that I could check in any time after 3pm. :thumb_yello:

It's an 8-person room and with a shared bathroom, but I don't mind. :original:

I must admit, I didn't think to look at hostels. That actually looks nice. :thumb_yello:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Prisca said:

56 minutes ago, Hero said:

Oops! Haha. :lol3: 

I thought that hotels were more expensive anyway and this Airbnb place was the cheapest one that was still close enough for me to take public transport home after the concert. And if I find something better, I can still cancel it for free. :original:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Prisca said:

I thought that hotels were more expensive anyway and this Airbnb place was the cheapest one that was still close enough for me to take public transport home after the concert. And if I find something better, I can still cancel it for free. :original:

That's cool, it looks a good choice. :yes:

(The 'oops haha' was me laughing at myself about my previous comment. Like "Whoops, trust me to put my foot in it :doh:". Sorry, I should have been clearer. 😘 )

32 minutes ago, Hero said:

(The 'oops haha' was me laughing at myself about my previous comment. Like "Whoops, trust me to put my foot in it :doh:". Sorry, I should have been clearer. 😘 )

No problem at all! :huglove:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hero said:

Do it and make a video. Mika will retweet it for sure. :yes:  :wink2:

• Haha 1

There's not a lot of accommodations around the venue at any price, certainly not low-cost options (...or maybe they all got snapped up already?) I considered a couple Boston hostels but decided to get a room in NYC instead and just hang out in the Boston train station until my train leaves at about 6am. Sleep schmeep, i'll just get coffees!

Look at me, talking like I'm definitely definitely going to Boston :lmfao:

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, kreacher said:

There's not a lot of accommodations around the venue at any price, certainly not low-cost options (...or maybe they all got snapped up already?) I considered a couple Boston hostels but decided to get a room in NYC instead and just hang out in the Boston train station until my train leaves at about 6am. Sleep schmeep, i'll just get coffees!

Look at me, talking like I'm definitely definitely going to Boston :lmfao:

*whispers on the wind*

Come join us

Come to Mika

Boston is waiting for youuuuu..

• Like 1

ATTENTION! ATTENTION! Date changes!

Mika just posted on Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZaIZaWshIZ/

Hey everyone! Only 2 months until the 'For The Rite Of Spring' tour kicks off in North America! Due to venue schedule conflicts, the show in Boston on April 3 has been moved to Saturday, April 2. All tickets will be honored on the new date.

Stay tuned over the coming weeks for more live announcements.

02.04.2022 Boston, Roadrunner
05.04.2022 Brooklyn, Kings Theater
07.04.2022 Quebec City, Videotron Centre
09.04.2022 Montreal, Centre Bell
11.04.2022 Saguenay, Théâtre du Palais Municipal
13.04.2022 Toronto, History
15.04.2022 Coachella
22.04.2022 Coachella

Tickets on sale via www.mikasounds.com (link in bio)

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

All tickets will be honored on the new date.

This means that tickets bought for 3 April are automatically valid for 2 April, right?