Camels Galore

BeccaStardust

On 10/15/2022 at 10:51 PM, Hero said:

:lol3: 

That seems an overly large cowbell... 🤔

There are cowbells in different sizes. Traditionally, the older cows have the largest bells. From that point of view, this cowbell is appropriate for the camel (a small cowbell would probably have looked funny :dunno_grin:).

What I also wanted to get rid of: I went to visit my grandma at the beginning of last May. And she (I swear I have talked with her before nothing that has anything remotely to do with camels): At night I have to leave a small light on, otherwise I see camels :camel3:. :lmfao:

And I had always changing pictures (every day a new one) until the day that I had camels on the screen: Bildschirm-Schoner.thumb.png.8e82918f1195bd90ddf480b3314cdf3e.png

That was February 22 last year. That day I had a problem with my laptop and reset it (first time ever I reset a laptop 😅). Since then, every day I have these camels or sometimes black as background on my laptop. :lmfao:When I came home from America after a month, I thought: Still these camels? :camel2::camel2:🙈

However, I decided to leave these camels as background until the movie is released and even didn't update my laptop to Windows 11 because of that. :lmfao:But now has passed over a month since the movie premiere and I think it's time to say goodbye to the camels on my background and finally do the update, which is strange after more than a year. 🥲😅

• Haha 4

Just now, Hero said:

:lmfao: Bless her, how/why does she see camels at night? Is it a shadow from something? 

I asked her but she doesn't know. 😅

Yes, maybe a shadow of something. 😅

54 minutes ago, Prisca said:

I asked her but she doesn't know. 😅

Yes, maybe a shadow of something. 😅

:hug:

My elderly aunt used to see camping cars at night in a copper bowl that was hung on the wall of her bedroom....and also people who came into her kitchen and living room to party...but she never mentioned a camel...I believe they don't sleep well at night and that they make strange dreams which get them confused...sometimes she would hit the TV remote control while sleeping and turn it on...so what was on TV got mixed with her dreams...

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

:hug:

My elderly aunt used to see camping cars at night in a copper bowl that was hung on the wall of her bedroom....and also people who came into her kitchen and living room to party...but she never mentioned a camel...I believe they don't sleep well at night and that they make strange dreams which get them confused...sometimes she would hit the TV remote control while sleeping and turn it on...so what was on TV got mixed with her dreams...

Yes, she is in a nursing home. Every time a nurse comes in the room every few hours at night, she hears it (she knows exactly what times someone comes in, it's always the same times). She can't see well, she needs the magnifying glass to read. But if she leaves a little light on, she doesn't see any camels. 😅

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Yes, she is in a nursing home. Every time a nurse comes in the room every few hours at night, she hears it (she knows exactly what times someone comes in, it's always the same times). She can't see well, she needs the magnifying glass to read. But if she leaves a little light on, she doesn't see any camels. 😅

It might be a shadow then. Good thing she doesn't see it with the little light on. That way she isn't worried :thumb_yello:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Awesome :clap: Take pics please :wub2:

There will be so many pictures!

30 minutes ago, Hero said:

Play them some of the soundtrack, see how they react. :lol3:

I will give this a go! 😁

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

There will be so many pictures!

I will give this a go! 😁

Can't wait for the news reports next week. "Camels run riot, hold TinyLove_CJ hostage, demand more Mika music and their own theme tune."

:teehee:

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

Yes, please! :bow:

And please don't forget the sign with Mika's name.

YES! I'll find it! Tempted to also ask a keeper if they've seen a mystery curly haired man just standing by the camel enclosure, quietly singing to them maybe... 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, TinyLove_CJ said:

Tempted to also ask a keeper if they've seen a mystery curly haired man just standing by the camel enclosure, quietly singing to them maybe... 😁

Yes, ask them! :biggrin2:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

YES! I'll find it! Tempted to also ask a keeper if they've seen a mystery curly haired man just standing by the camel enclosure, quietly singing to them maybe... 😁

Oh boy... that doesn't necessarily narrow it down.  Curly hair? Fluffy hair? Gelled, moussed, waxed and blowdried hair? He has several options. Besides, he'd probably wear a hoodie. 🤣

But if the camels whip out a xylophone for a burst of "keep it simple" you've got your answer. 🎶 :lmfao:

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

And here for the first time The Mask Singer....

The Camel!!!!!!!  🤣🤣🤣🤣

From French TF1 Instagram account

(sorry I can't remove the first image - something went wrong while uploading - watch the second one)

That's an impressive costume! :lmfao:

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

And here for the first time The Mask Singer....

The Camel!!!!!!!  🤣🤣🤣🤣

From French TF1 Instagram account

(sorry I can't remove the first image - something went wrong while uploading - watch the second one)

Wait, its called "mask singer"? That's annoying. It should be The Masked Singer, or The Singer in the Mask. 

Then again, that costume is more than a simple mask. Maybe I'm being pedantic. :lol3:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Finally found time to go through my photos of my trip to Chester Zoo!

And here we have Mika's camels!!!

And there's not one, not two... but three!!!

Camelgroup.thumb.jpg.3923e11ad0774f2efa0b43b03aef4712.jpg

20230415_112823.thumb.jpg.06f7c437c3daa8f2019f6a6f20b498ff.jpg

A couple of close ups!

20230412_100929_resized(1).thumb.jpg.3138c504e2e71cb7b45c0d92469cd1e7.jpg

Mystery 3rd camel, who are you? 🤔

20230412_100929_resized.thumb.jpg.05df7da366f5221fefb28443f4c3ac68.jpg

This one is Becky! She has a sore hump that won't heal properly but she is fine!

And the adopters sign!

Mikasponsor.thumb.jpg.68b2f0c1a6f45515787b89e51dec006c.jpg

While watching the camels the weather was fine but as soon as I left them to go see the lions it started raining so bad! :sneaky2:

Mainly stuck to the indoor enclosures while I was there, but I wanted to pass the camel enclosure again before heading out but they'd all gone inside by then :(

Really surprised as well that the gift shop had no camel merch whatsoever! Little bit gutted about that.

But I did buy this at a charity shop! 😁

20230415_112719.thumb.jpg.52f281be37601ceb403f20b4ee5b733d.jpg

I had a good time there (despite the weather), it's well worth the visit!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

A couple of close ups!

This one is Becky! She has a sore hump that won't heal properly but she is fine!

And the adopters sign!

While watching the camels the weather was fine but as soon as I left them to go see the lions it started raining so bad! :sneaky2:

Mainly stuck to the indoor enclosures while I was there, but I wanted to pass the camel enclosure again before heading out but they'd all gone inside by then :(

Really surprised as well that the gift shop had no camel merch whatsoever! Little bit gutted about that.

Thanks a million  @TinyLove_CJ 🐪🐪🐪

MIKA - FROM MFC

It's awesome !!!!

Mikasponsor..thumb.jpg.9830f42f7d8f987385678d3007502e31.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

A couple of close ups!

And the adopters sign!

Thank you a lot CJ. :flowers2:

• Like 2