MIKA to Co-Host Eurovision 2022

dcdeb

We don't have to be such reluctant to admit that he lip-synched in the final live. Comparing the jury show and the live show, his vocals are literally the same. He may have recorded it in the studio or on stage before this, but for his tiredness (he even went hoarse when talking in the semi-final) and such a huge and popular show, and the purpose of his performance here - not to participate in this contest, but to promote her own music and share his message of love, it isn't a shame or sth at all to admit this fact. 

btw listen to Space Kelly if you haven't yet! I've sticked to it lol "We gave a big hug to Mika~ 200 million people saw~ (That's a lot of people~)"

Edited by PYZ_Moustache
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, PYZ_Moustache said:

We don't have to be such reluctant to admit that he lip-synched in the final live. Comparing the jury show and the live show, his vocals are literally the same. He may have recorded it in the studio or on stage before this, but for his tiredness (he even went hoarse when talking in the semi-final) and such a huge and popular show, and the purpose of his performance here - not to participate in this contest, but to promote her own music and share his message of love, it isn't a shame or sth at all to admit this fact. 

btw listen to Space Kelly if you haven't yet! I've sticked to it lol "We gave a big hug to Mika~ 200 million people saw~ (That's a lot of people~)"

I've read that apparently all the guest performances used recordings from the rehearsals... :dunno:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

But as I recall during rehearsal of Mika and Laura - she made at least two mistakes in "Fragile". At the live concert everything was perfect.

I read it only about the finale, someone wrote Måneskin also didn't sing live. But I really don't know if the information is true. 

12 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

I read it only about the finale, someone wrote Måneskin also didn't sing live. But I really don't know if the information is true. 

Well, actually it's not important for me. The show was great and I don't want to spend my time on searching for any additional information. Who wants to believe it was a live singing, great. Who wants to believe it was full playback, ok. Does it change anything? 

I took a big pleasure watching the 3 evenings and some rehearsals - for which I want to thank here a lot. :thumb_yello:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, PYZ_Moustache said:
On 5/10/2022 at 10:11 PM, PYZ_Moustache said:

leaked full semi1 jury show (as a rehearsal and back-up):

(yeah, this should be illegal, so dk how long it can exist.)

https://disk.yandex.ru/i/2SR9PZ2CSI-qTQ

or https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mN1Om4oIeT-XRkLZ1_FdfqYn93RMRBRD

looking forward to tonight!

(i'll delete this if it's not allowed to be post here.)

On 5/12/2022 at 8:10 PM, PYZ_Moustache said:

leaked final jury show: 

https://vk.com/video-145118820_456239625

(mika's medley is at about 2h49m, it's amazing!!!)

looking forward to tonight! (tho tomorrow early morning for me) especially for mika's medley!!!

leaked final rehearsal (starts from about 32min, enjoy!):

https://ok.ru/video/3483803781641

(watch it full-screen, or they'll always ask u to register...)

uploaded to youtube (may be banned soon...):

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Eurovision Official Blog

14 May 2022 at 23:51 CEST

https://eurovision.tv/live-blog-eurovision-song-contest-2022-grand-final/and-not-forgetting-mika

And not forgetting...Mika!

You didn’t think Eurovision was going to happen without Mika performing did you? Are you MAD? This is one of the most complex staging arrangements we’ve see this year – six plinths, two pianos (including one that looks a bit unstable), a hydraulic platform, countless dancers, a giant inflatable heart – there’s a LOT going on.

It’s a medley of his greatest hits, his new single, and a reminder of why Mika was such a pop megastar back in the day. We were all hoping this would be huge and fabulous, and we are not disappointed.

EUROVISION-BLOG.thumb.jpg.0bf67fae81256c3b618a84495fa6154f.jpg

• Like 4

On 7/4/2022 at 6:25 PM, SusanT said:

This link announces that RAI is preparing a documentary on the Eurovision Song Festival. 

https://eurofestivalitalia.net/2022/07/01/eurovision-2022-in-arrivo-il-documentario-su-rai-1/

I've watched all of 5 videos, but Mika didn't appear in these video at all. :emot-sad:

RaiPlay

Original RaiPlay

Eurovision Story - Corso accelerato per principianti

2022 Italia

Abbiamo riscoperto il grande culto che l'Eurovision Song Contest ha in tutta Europa soltanto dopo la nostra vittoria e il conseguente impegno a organizzarlo quest'anno. Non possiamo essere da meno rispetto a tutte le altre nazioni che da 66 anni fanno letteralmente i salti mortali per vincerlo e lasciare un segno, abbiamo perciò tutti bisogno di un corso accelerato di Eurovision. Lo faremo con Melissa Greta Marchetto, Mauro Coruzzi, gli Eugenio in Via Di Gioia e i loro ospiti, guardando il meglio delle edizioni storiche del passato, commentandole e studiando brani, look e performances incredibili... cose che voi ignari non potete neanche immaginare! Il tutto avverrà in una apposita sala...

:uk: Google translator

Spoiler

Eurovision Story - Crash Course for Beginners

We have rediscovered the great cult that the Eurovision Song Contest has throughout Europe only after our victory and the consequent commitment to organize it this year. We cannot be outdone by all the other nations that for 66 years have been literally jumping through hoops to win it and leave a mark, so we all need a crash course in Eurovision. We will do it with Melissa Greta Marchetto, Mauro Coruzzi, the Eugenio in Via Di Gioia and their guests, looking at the best of the historical editions of the past, commenting on them and studying incredible songs, looks and performances ... things that you unaware can not even imagine! Everything will take place in a special room

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

I've watched all of 5 videos, but Mika didn't appear in these video at all. :emot-sad:

RaiPlay

Original RaiPlay

Eurovision Story - Corso accelerato per principianti

2022 Italia

Abbiamo riscoperto il grande culto che l'Eurovision Song Contest ha in tutta Europa soltanto dopo la nostra vittoria e il conseguente impegno a organizzarlo quest'anno. Non possiamo essere da meno rispetto a tutte le altre nazioni che da 66 anni fanno letteralmente i salti mortali per vincerlo e lasciare un segno, abbiamo perciò tutti bisogno di un corso accelerato di Eurovision. Lo faremo con Melissa Greta Marchetto, Mauro Coruzzi, gli Eugenio in Via Di Gioia e i loro ospiti, guardando il meglio delle edizioni storiche del passato, commentandole e studiando brani, look e performances incredibili... cose che voi ignari non potete neanche immaginare! Il tutto avverrà in una apposita sala...

:uk: Google translator

Reveal hidden contents

Eurovision Story - Crash Course for Beginners

We have rediscovered the great cult that the Eurovision Song Contest has throughout Europe only after our victory and the consequent commitment to organize it this year. We cannot be outdone by all the other nations that for 66 years have been literally jumping through hoops to win it and leave a mark, so we all need a crash course in Eurovision. We will do it with Melissa Greta Marchetto, Mauro Coruzzi, the Eugenio in Via Di Gioia and their guests, looking at the best of the historical editions of the past, commenting on them and studying incredible songs, looks and performances ... things that you unaware can not even imagine! Everything will take place in a special room

My understanding is that they are different programs. I think the five episodes you watched were broadcast in early May and dealt with past editions. The link I gave above is dated July 1 and states that the new documentary concerns Eurovision 2022 and will  show interviews/ clips  of this year's protagonists, for example stage designer Francesca Montinaro. Of course I hope they include something with Mika.

Edited by SusanT
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SusanT said:

My understanding is that they are different programs. I think the five episodes you watched were broadcast in early May and dealt with past editions. The link I gave above is dated July 1 and states that the new documentary concerns Eurovision 2022 and will  show interviews/ clips  of this year's protagonists, for example stage designer Francesca Montinaro. Of course I hope they include something with Mika.

Thanks !

Is it a correct one ?

3 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

Thanks !

Is it a correct one ?

Looks like this was produced by the German entertainment technology company EventElevator

https://eventelevator.de/

I don't see RAI logo anywhere and I didn't find the Behind the Scenes video on RAIplay or rai.it.   Francesca Montinaro is mentioned in the video but not interviewed. Also, most of the info was very technical, which would probably not appeal to a typical TV audience (but I found interesting the part after 09.36 when they talk about the stage and the green room).  Not convinced this is the documentary. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
I always knew it. Congrats kiddo @mikainstagram hosting @eurovision__2022 singing our songs— thanks @curtrageous1 for sending me this!

BLOG

May 15

https://tiger-apple-ty8j.squarespace.com/news/mika-2022-eurovision-finale-performance-feat-grace-kelly-love-today-amp-happy-ending-medley

MIKA 2022 EUROVISION FINALE PERFORMANCE

FEAT. GRACE KELLY, LOVE TODAY, & HAPPY ENDING MEDLEY!

Congratulations MIKA!

We always knew this day would come. To say I am smiling is an understatement.

MIKA hosted the 2022 Eurovision Song Contest and here’s the grand finale performance of MIKA featuring our dreams and songs, Grace Kelly, Love Today, and Happy Ending. DON'T QUIT people… EVER.

Dreams happen, and sometimes they last a long time.

• Like 1

Rai Play

Eurovision Song Contest

The Sound Of Beauty - Making of

Broadcast on 18 / 09 / 2022 by Rai 1

( 35 min )

https://www.raiplay.it/video/2022/09/The-Sound-Of-Beauty-making-of-9e20ea6a-8cd2-4175-928a-28989c97ed54.html

DOWNLOAD links

VIMEO

• PASSWORD MFC

YouTube

Scenes fro the video

17868764_2401.mp4_000068411.thumb.png.9883d9ab200f68610b716192010b0860.png

17868764_2401.mp4_000068811.thumb.png.260ebe287e3072bda774f215881da75b.png

Edited by Kumazzz
update
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

Rai Play

Eurovision Song Contest

The Sound Of Beauty - Making of

Broadcast on 18 / 09 / 2022 by Rai 1

( 35 min )

https://www.raiplay.it/video/2022/09/The-Sound-Of-Beauty-making-of-9e20ea6a-8cd2-4175-928a-28989c97ed54.html

DOWNLOAD links

VIMEO

• PASSWORD MFC

YouTube

Scenes fro the video

17868764_2401.mp4_000068411.thumb.png.9883d9ab200f68610b716192010b0860.png

17868764_2401.mp4_000068811.thumb.png.260ebe287e3072bda774f215881da75b.png

This then must be the RAI documentary announced some months ago. Cattelan is the only presenter who speaks in the video. There are several clips of Mika singing but none of Pausini ( unless I missed something as I was clearing the table 😃). Even though her performance wasn't as spectacular as his, they could have inserted something.

• Like 1

Eurovision TV Blog

https://eurovision.tv/live-blog-eurovision-song-contest-2022-grand-final/out-come-our-hosts

14 May 2022 at 21:15 CEST

Out come our hosts!

Laura Pausini, Allesandro Cattelan and Mika are back! They’ve kept us company through two Semi-Finals, and now they’re our hosts for one more HUGE show.

In less than four hours we’ll have a 2022 Eurovision winner, but there’s a lot to enjoy between now and then. Sit back, relax, and enjoy. LET THE EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2022 BEGIN!

Eurovision_hosts.thumb.jpg.f15dd37e11d187f016724ede25322fa7.jpg

https://eurovision.tv/live-blog-eurovision-song-contest-2022-grand-final/and-not-forgetting-mika

14 May 2022 at 23:51 CEST

And not forgetting...Mika!

You didn’t think Eurovision was going to happen without Mika performing did you? Are you MAD? This is one of the most complex staging arrangements we’ve see this year – six plinths, two pianos (including one that looks a bit unstable), a hydraulic platform, countless dancers, a giant inflatable heart – there’s a LOT going on.

It’s a medley of his greatest hits, his new single, and a reminder of why Mika was such a pop megastar back in the day. We were all hoping this would be huge and fabulous, and we are not disappointed.

eurovision-final.thumb.jpg.6b80c9ccad7b320f8e3c0205ec90c827.jpg