MIKA to Co-Host Eurovision 2022

dcdeb

31 minutes ago, silver said:

Duet went a bit wobbly in the second song, but I think they did OK :thumb_yello:

I agree.

I've recorded it off my TV, but it's a big file so it's taking a while to upload. But I will post it here once it's ready.

• Thanks 1

Laura's voice is very powerful, Mika's voice is warm and soft, but they did well tonight, especially during Fragile. Much better than other duets of Mika.

• Like 3

Mika seemed to be more like himself tonight, more natural. I liked the moment when he joked with Cattelan about buying time and also when he commented on the tension building in the performers waiting for the results and then remarking to the singer next to him, "But you don't look all that tense to me!"

Edited by SusanT
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, SusanT said:

Mika seemed to be more like himself tonight, more natural. I liked the moment when he joked with Cattelan about buying time and also when he commented on the tension building in the performers waiting for the results and then remarking to the singer next to him, "But you don't look all that tense to me!"

Our commentators (Dutch ones, one of them was host last year) said that they’d get told off if they were to admit to making ‘mistakes’ like that, aka, admitting you’re stretching time. Which I think is silly, as it made for a cute moment🤷‍♀️ Couldn’t hear a word Mika said tho, because they were blabbing over his talking 🙄🙄🙄🙄

9 hours ago, krysady said:

Laura's voice is very powerful, Mika's voice is warm and soft, but they did well tonight, especially during Fragile. Much better than other duets of Mika.

I agree, the chemistry between the two of them was also very good. I loved how they built up the tension and how the held their hands… it was so soft and very fragile. Their voices complemented eachother very well.

I was wondering if it would work for this song, for the exact reason you say. Two very different voices! 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SusanT said:

Yes!!! It was so spontaneous and so cute!!! In the first semi final my favourite moment was when he was spontaneous by saying he messed up his lines. Yesterday I felt the same when he said that to the contestant 🤣 It‘s his own personality shining through much more yesterday, I loved watching it. 

First semi final I was so nervous for him, it felt as if you could almost feel his tension through the screen (imagining things maybe 🤣). Like it was the first gig of the tour!! This night I was relaxed on the sofa watching the show :biggrin2: can’t wait for the grand final, he will shine even more I am sure, he owns the stage!!! 

A fan from UK told me that Mika will be in BBC2 radio between 11am and 13pm CET. A set about Eurovision.

Even now they play Sam Ryder's song Spaceman.

I don't know what about BBC Breakfast. If it's TV I don't have access.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:bbc_radio_two

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska

Mika sings tomorrow a madley and the new song!! finally .I liked the duet with laura they were wonderful and Alessandro too.. fiesta!!!! party timeee :dance_man:

:mika3::clap:

Edited by Paoletta
  • Like 1

Mikainstagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdggkVNFP-c/

mikainstagram

What an incredible and unforgettable experience it has been so far hosting @eurovision for Italy in Turin! Catch up on all the behind the scenes action from the semi-finals on the latest episode of MIKAVISION now live now on @youtube

#yoyo
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Ha ha ha!!!! What a show at press conference!

And Mika "I'm a f***g Lion"!!!!!!

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Ha ha ha!!!! What a show at press conference!

I don't recall seeing Mika so tired ever! :aah: Towards the end while Laura was speaking he even lost the connection and slumbered for a few seconds, he had a hard time to keep his eyes open. I hope he gets some good sleep tonight.

7 hours ago, krysady said:

I don't recall seeing Mika so tired ever! :aah: Towards the end while Laura was speaking he even lost the connection and slumbered for a few seconds, he had a hard time to keep his eyes open. I hope he gets some good sleep tonight.

As he said during Brut Tiktok live he slept only one hour! A lot of work (till 2am) and the stress. Making 3 live shows in one week is a challenge even for the big Italian TV. And he is preparing his medley which (as I have seen some videos) looks like a micro gig!!!

He has to survive one day more. After the tonight show at last he will be able to catch up with the sleep.

Laura is stressed too. She is worrying about her complicated stage performance.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2022 at 10:11 PM, PYZ_Moustache said:

leaked full semi1 jury show (as a rehearsal and back-up):

(yeah, this should be illegal, so dk how long it can exist.)

https://disk.yandex.ru/i/2SR9PZ2CSI-qTQ

or https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mN1Om4oIeT-XRkLZ1_FdfqYn93RMRBRD

looking forward to tonight!

(i'll delete this if it's not allowed to be post here.)

On 5/12/2022 at 8:10 PM, PYZ_Moustache said:

leaked final jury show: 

https://vk.com/video-145118820_456239625

(mika's medley is at about 2h49m, it's amazing!!!)

looking forward to tonight! (tho tomorrow early morning for me) especially for mika's medley!!!

Edited by PYZ_Moustache
  • Thanks 3