MIKA to Co-Host Eurovision 2022

dcdeb

19 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

The only reason why I wouldn’t want to watch ESC on German TV, is because I don’t want it to be talked over by the usual dubbing that they do.

Well that's the reason why I do want to watch it on German TV, to see what they make of it and how it gets across to the German audience. I think/hope the youtube streams will be saved on the ESC account, so we can watch them later... I know the final is, but not sure about the semifinals, does anyone know? So my plan is to watch both eventually. :lol3:

32 minutes ago, SilviaM said:

Looks like Adam is filming something for Mika 👀😍0853C4C1-05B7-45E3-9112-AB6198907EF5.thumb.jpeg.4dd13b8cf0ff2e137fac066fadf20e1e.jpeg

Ah, the Luna park lights. :naughty: I wonder if they're continuing the documentary they've started in 2019/2020? Eurovision, then their trip to Morocco, the tour... lots of material!

• Like 4

Radiocorriere TV

SETTIMANALE DELLA RAI RADIOTELEVISIONE ITALIANA

numero 19 - anno 91

9 maggio 2022

:arrow: PDF ( page 1, 8, 9 / 4.4 MB ) rdtvn19-download.pdf

page 1

rdtvn19-download_page-0001.thumb.jpg.9f7b5dfac00424d73627673a614398a3.jpg

page 8 + 9

GET READY!

Countdown iniziato, la grande festa della musica sta per cominciare

Si è aperto ufficialmente con la sfilata dei 40 artisti in gara sul Turquoise Carpet della reggia di Venaria, l’Eurovision Song Contest di Torino. La magia della musica e dello spettacolo in uno scenario da favola, la Galleria Grande di uno dei monumenti più belli del Piemonte e d’Italia.
Le delegazioni hanno sfilato di fronte ai flash dei fotografi, accolte dal presidente della Regione Alberto Cirio, dal sindaco di Torino Stefano Lorusso, dall’executive supervisor dell’ESC Martin Österdahl e dagli executive producers Simona Martorelli e Claudio Fasulo.

Un appuntamento tradizionale che annuncia come tutto sia pronto per la grande festa della musica.

Saranno le note del “Te Deum”, scritto nel Seicento da Marc Antoine Charpentier, a dare il via alla manifestazione campione d’ascolti nel mondo, alle 21 in punto di martedì 10 maggio. Due semifinali, martedì 10 con l’esibizione di 17 artisti e giovedì 12, 18 artisti, e la finale di sabato 14, con i 20 selezionati nelle prime due serate e i 5 rappresentanti delle “big five”. Tutti gli appuntamenti in diretta su Rai 1, Rai Radio 2 e RaiPlay. Le emozioni che solo la musica sa dare, un messaggio, quello della pace, che unisce tutte le delegazioni che partecipano al Contest in un momento difficile per il Pianeta. Sul palco disegnato da Francesca Montinaro, sotto il grande sole di luce che riempie la scenografia, a gridare “Welcome to the Eurovision Song Contest 2022” saranno Laura Pausini, Alessandro Cattelan e Mika.

In gara per l’Italia, Mahmood e Blanco, che a Sanremo hanno conquistato il cuore del pubblico con il brano “Brividi”.

Registi dell’evento Tv Duccio Forzano e Cristian Biondani.

Una platea di 7 mila persone applaudirà dal vivo gli artisti, attesissimi anche i grandi ospiti.

Martedì 10 Diodato, che avrebbe dovuto partecipare al Contest nel 2020 con “Fai rumore”, quando la manifestazione venne sospesa per la pandemia; giovedì 12 Il Volo, secondo all’Eurovision di Vienna nel 2015 con “Grande amore”; sabato 14 i Måneskin, trionfatori lo scorso anno a Rotterdam, che a Torino portano in anteprima mondiale Tv il loro nuovo singolo “Supermodel”. Il gruppo romano, che nel 2021 ha scalato il podio dell’Eurovision con “Zitti e buoni”, ha dominato le classifiche di tutto il mondo diventando la prima rock band italiana a ottenere un simile record. Attualmente conta più di 4,5 miliardi di ascolti in tutte le piattaforme digitali e 10 dischi di diamante, 185 di platino e 42 d’oro a livello globale. Grande attesa al Pala Olimpico nella serata finale per la prima vincitrice italiana dell’Eurovision, Gigliola Cinquetti, che nel 1964 a Copenaghen si aggiudicò il trofeo con “Non ho l’età”. Un incontro esclusivo con Mahmood e Blanco, i pronostici di Amadeus sul vincitore dell’Eurovision e un faccia a faccia “ultradimensionale” con Alessandro Cattelan sono invece tra gli ingredienti dell’Anteprima dell’Eurovision Song Contest che Gabriele Corsi e Cristiano Malgioglio, con la partecipazione di Carolina di Domenico, propongono da lunedì 9 a sabato 14 maggio alle 20.40 su Rai 1, in diretta dal Glass Studio del Pala Olimpico di Torino. Nel menù anticipazioni, curiosità e breaking news.

Nelle serate del 10, 12 e 14 maggio “Anteprima ESC” va in onda dalle 20.40 alle 21; nei giorni 9, 11 e 13 maggio, sempre alla stessa ora, il programma, in versione ridotta, propone curiosità e anticipazioni. A raccontare l’Eurovision Song Contest su Rai Radio 2 e in radiovisione su RaiPlay, Gino Castaldo ed Ema Stokholma.

:uk: Google translator

Spoiler

GET READY!

Countdown started, the great music festival is about to begin

The Eurovision Song Contest in Turin officially opened with the parade of 40 competing artists on the Turquoise Carpet of the palace of Venaria. The magic of music and entertainment in a fairytale setting, the Galleria Grande of one of the most beautiful monuments in Piedmont and Italy.
The delegations paraded in front of the photographers' flashes, welcomed by the President of the Region Alberto Cirio, the Mayor of Turin Stefano Lorusso, the ESC executive supervisor Martin Österdahl and the executive producers Simona Martorelli and Claudio Fasulo.

A traditional appointment that announces how everything is ready for the great music festival.

The notes of the "Te Deum", written in the seventeenth century by Marc Antoine Charpentier, will kick off the world champion audience event, at 9 pm sharp on Tuesday 10 May. Two semifinals, on Tuesday 10th with the performance of 17 artists and on Thursday 12th, 18 artists, and the final on Saturday 14th, with the 20 selected in the first two evenings and the 5 representatives of the "big five". All the appointments live on Rai 1, Rai Radio 2 and RaiPlay. The emotions that only music can give, a message, that of peace, which unites all the legations participating in the Contest in a difficult time for the Planet. On the stage designed by Francesca Montinaro, under the great sun of light that fills the scenography, to shout "Welco me to the Eurovision Song Contest 2022" will be Laura Pausini, Alessandro Cattelan and Mika.

In the race for Italy, Mahmood and Blan co, who in Sanremo conquered the hearts of the public with the song "Chills".

Directors of the TV event Duccio Forzano and Cristian Biondani.

An audience of 7,000 people will applaud the artists live, even the great guests are eagerly awaited.

Tuesday 10 Diodato, who should have participated in the Contest in 2020 with "Make noise", when the event was suspended due to the pandemic; Thursday 12 Il Volo, second at Eurovision in Vienna in 2015 with "Grande amore"; Saturday 14th the Måneskin, triumphant last year in Rotterdam, who bring their new single “Supermodel” to Turin as a world TV preview. The Roman group, which in 2021 climbed the Eurovision podium with "Silent and good", dominated the charts around the world becoming the first Italian rock band to achieve such a record. It currently has more than 4.5 billion views across all digital platforms and 10 diamond, 185 platinum and 42 gold records globally. Great expectations at the Pala Olimpico in the final evening for the first Italian winner of Eurovision, Gigliola Cinquetti, who in 1964 in Copenhagen won the trophy with "I don't have the age". An exclusive meeting with Mahmood and Blanco, Amadeus' predictions on the Eurovision winner and an "ultra-dimensional" face to face with Alessandro Cattelan are instead among the ingredients of the Eurovision Song Contest Preview that Gabriele Corsi and Cristiano Malgioglio, with the participation of Carolina di Domenico, from Monday 9 to Saturday 14 May at 8.40 pm on Rai 1, live from the Glass Studio of the Pala Olimpico in Turin. In the menu previews, curiosity and breaking news.

On the evenings of 10, 12 and 14 May, "Preview ESC" will be broadcast from 8.40pm to 9pm; on 9, 11 and 13 May, always at the same time, the program, in a reduced version, offers curiosities and previews. Gino Castaldo and Ema Stokholma tell the story of the Eurovision Song Contest on Rai Radio 2 and broadcast on RaiPlay.

rdtvn19-download_page-0002.thumb.jpg.d5e222257bf01208cb5916f277716c4b.jpg

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, virgi said:

Thanks a lot! Just watched it. I love how the Lebanese journalist thanked Mika for his support after the Beirut explosions, and I'm sure it was such a beautiful turnaround for Mika after the difficult question he had just answered, regarding what he said about Eurovision in the past. I bet he felt treated like a Yoyo, lol! :roftl: No, seriously, he did really well and I'm glad he's being honest and straightforward and not trying to cover it up or something. It's funny how I had thought that Ale and Laura would own this hosting thing and Mika would have to prove himself, but at least in this press conference he seems the most confident and professional of the 3. Maybe it just seems to me like that because it seems the other 2 aren't as confident in talking English as he is (tho I was pleasantly surprised by Ale's English skills, didn't know so far that the spoke English at all!). When I first heard they'd be hosting Eurovision, I actually thought it'd be in Italian, I wasn't aware the show was in English. On German TV they're always talking over the original voices, so when I watched ESC in the past, I never paid attention to what language it was actually in. :teehee:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, virgi said:

Thank you so much, Virgi, for posting the link! I had been looking for the press conference on the Internet and wasn't able to find it.  I thoroughly enjoyed it and had a big smile on my face when it ended. 

Mika is so articulate and speaks with such confidence; that was something that impressed me even when I watched English interviews done in his first years of fame. When he speaks Italian, he might make an occasional mistake (but I think the Italian fans on this forum will agree his Italian is really good!),  however he gives intelligent, well pondered answers to questions (though I don't always agree 😄 ), which is why I think the Italian media love interviewing him. Besides, he's fun and interesting to watch in his role as a judge on shows like X Factor (especially the auditions).  

Getting back to the press conference, obviously Mika had the advantage of speaking his native language. I thought he was great. Pausini and Cattelan did a good job (and kudos to them for being willing to answer questions off the cuff in a foreign language in front of millions of viewers). I too was impressed by Alessandro’s knowing expressions like “That’s what rehearsals are for” (it’s totally different in Italian) and “You thought you got him!” I hope that during the various shows he has plenty of opportunities to show off his talents.

I was glad to see the camaraderie between Mika and the other hosts.  I can hardly wait to watch them all on Eurovision! 

• Like 6

leaked full semi1 jury show (as a rehearsal and back-up):

(yeah, this should be illegal, so dk how long it can exist.)

https://disk.yandex.ru/i/2SR9PZ2CSI-qTQ

or https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mN1Om4oIeT-XRkLZ1_FdfqYn93RMRBRD

looking forward to tonight!

(i'll delete this if it's not allowed to be post here.)

Edited by PYZ_Moustache
add a google drive link
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PYZ_Moustache said:

leaked full semi1 jury show (as a rehearsal and back-up):

(yeah, this should be illegal, so dk how long it can exist.)

https://disk.yandex.ru/i/2SR9PZ2CSI-qTQ

(i'll delete this if it's not allowed to be post here.)

Thank you. I am watching just a little not to spoil my evening :wink2:

But I must say that as I recall of last 2-3 years the technology made a huge jump forward. The show is outstanding!

And I see that the presenters don't enter before each and every song. So it's good. The fucus is on the participants.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PYZ_Moustache said:

Just finished to watch it and it was hilarious to see Mika coming late on stage and presenting with food in his mouth, I'm pretty sure we won't see that tonight :lmfao:

Edited by krysady
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Amy hudsone said:

Can you share the link? I don't think it is available from the US

I think in Europe they expect you to watch it on TV - not sure which channel in  your country

5 minutes ago, Amy hudsone said:

Okay yeah it is not available in the US, I guess I will watch the final on French TV with VPN

And I'm sure you'll find somewhere the recording from this evening.

• Like 1