Mika in US press 2022

Kumazzz

Logo TV

Twitter

Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/logo/photos/10159492170743855

It's almost #Eurovision season! The Eurovision Song Contest is coming up in May, and one of the icons serving as master of ceremonies is none other than #MIKA.

The artist, who told Eurovision that he's been "watching it since [he] was a kid," says it's "an exciting honor" to be selected as a co-host. "Once a year, more than 40 countries share the same emotions, regardless of history or the political situation: music unites them," he explained.

The #GraceKelly singer and queer music legend will host alongside Italian artist #LauraPausini and TV host #AlessandroCattelan.

The #Eurovision2022 semi-finals are set for May 10 and 12, with the Grand Finale taking place on May 14. Who are you rooting for?

Mika-.thumb.jpg.e1408e4b39cf26ce7a59474072787027.jpg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

NJ.com

New Jersey Local News

https://www.nj.com/live-entertainment/2022/03/mika-mini-tour-2022-begins-how-to-buy-last-minute-tickets-schedule-dates.html

Mika mini-tour 2022 begins: How to buy last-minute tickets, schedule, dates
Updated: Mar. 28, 2022, 4:09 p.m. | Published: Mar. 28, 2022, 4:09 p.m.

Some bands go on massive international tours that allow fans all over the world to catch them live.

Unfortunately, Lebanese-British pop star Mika is forgoing that route and playing just seven North American concerts on his upcoming Rite of Spring tour.

Mika promised on Instagram that the tour would be “an emotional and colorful celebration of all of us coming back together again.”

Will he play the hits like TikTok sensation “Grace Kelly” or super-catchy “Relax, Take It Easy?”

Now, here’s everything you need to know about the Rite of Spring tour.

Tickets to catch the “Lollipop” singer live are available on all verified platforms.

Try searching on StubHub, Vivid Seats, Ticketmaster, SeatGeek and MegaSeats for best results.

Where is Mika going on tour?

The Rites of Spring is certainly going to be a short tour with just seven (that’s it!) concerts lined up.

We’ve listed them all below with dates, venues and links to buy tickets below.

NJ.thumb.jpg.445909c8b2ca66da5416c0401d724a64.jpg

• Thanks 1

Broadway World

https://www.broadwayworld.com/toronto/article/MIKA-to-Play-Kings-Theatre-in-April-20220330

by Chloe Rabinowitz

Mar. 30, 2022  

MIKA to Play Kings Theatre in April

MIKA uses music to unite a community, especially to connect with those who feel like they are outsiders.

Kings Theatre has announced Global pop sensation MIKA will bring his 2022 North American tour presented by Indeed.com, to Brooklyn, NY next week - April 5, 2021. Tickets are on sale now at: https://www.kingstheatre.com/calendar/mika-presented-by-indeed-for-the-rite-of-spring-north-america-spring-22/

To showcase the power of music as a vessel for promoting empathy and equality at work, Indeed will celebrate MIKA's tour by hosting virtual hiring events at every stop, where industry professionals and fans will be able to apply for positions and network with like-minded companies.

MIKA, known for his vibrant and multi-octave melodies and classically trained voice, uses music to unite a community, especially to connect with those who feel like they are outsiders. His body of work is inspired by personal experiences as coming of age and as a child, when music was his only source of hope. This year, MIKA's viral Grace Kelly challenge, which has nearly 40 million views on TikTok, perfectly reflects his magical ability to create space for people to share their truth, using the power of music to evoke empathy. MIKA brings himself to everything he does. Indeed similarly believes in the power of building an inclusive environment where everyone is encouraged to bring their whole selves to the job at hand, whatever that is.

MIKA 2022 NORTH AMERICAN TOUR DATES:

• April 3 Boston,MA Roadrunner
  • April 5 New York, NY Kings Theatre
  • April 7 Quebec City, QC Videotron Centre
  • April 9 Montreal, QC Bell Centre
  • April 11 Sageunay, QC Theatre du Palais Municipale de La Baie
  • April 13 Toronto, ON History

ABOUT MIKA:

Born Michael Holbrook Penniman Jr. in 1983 as the third of five children, MIKA started vocal lessons at seven years old. Learning to play piano and write songs while showing otherworldly vocal range, MIKA quickly became a young virtuoso. MIKA's musical success began with the release of his hit single, "Grace Kelly." The single was featured on his debut album, Life In Cartoon Motion, which went straight to #1 in the UK and 11 other countries, going on to sell over 8.3 million copies worldwide and racking up an impressive 2.8 billion streams.

Since his debut he has released 4 other full length albums, selling millions of copies: The Boy Who Knew Too Much, The Origin of Love, No Place In Heaven. and My Name Is Michael Holbrook. In addition, MIKA has not only won a Brit Award for British Breakthrough Act, but he has also been nominated for Grammys, MTV Europe Music Awards, Capital Radio Awards and World Music Awards. Additionally, his RAI 2 primetime variety show "Stasera Casa Mika" won the prestigious Rose D'or Award for Best Entertainment Series in 2017. Furthermore, he has been a coach on France's The Voice and a judge on XFactor Italia for six years and has hosted his own BBC2 Radio show "The Art of Song."

Following the devastating explosion in Beirut, Lebanon in 2020, MIKA decided to honour his Lebanese heritage by organising an online charity concert in support of the victims of the blast. 'I Love Beirut' featured guest performances from around the world including Kylie Minogue, Rufus Wainwright, Salma Hayek, Mashrou Leila, Laura Pausini and Dana Paola. The result was a truly breathtaking film with fans tuning in from a record-breaking 106 countries around the globe and raising a staggering total of over €1m for charity.

MIKA has also worked with world renowned composer and conductor Simon Leclerc to perform orchestral versions of his many hits in Montreal, Como and most recently 2 sold out shows in October 2021 at the Philharmonie de Paris in France.

"After the strangest 18+ months in living memory, MIKA looks forward to being back on the stage in 2022. Through the attitude, energy and movement of MIKA's studied pop performance he provokes this sense of magic. "It's the sort of dangerous energy where anything is possible," he says.

--

By attending an event at Kings Theatre, all patrons are acknowledging their consent to, and agree to abide by, the safety precautions that have been adopted.

As public health conditions and the State's guidance for performing arts and live entertainment change, Kings Theatre will remain flexible and adapt to applicable health protocols, such as face coverings, health screening, enhanced air filtration and ventilation, and rigorous cleaning and disinfection.

Per current government guidelines for attending indoor events effective March 7, 2022, guests are no longer required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination to attend events at Kings Theatre. Face masks are recommended for all attendees, except while eating and drinking.

Certain events may require additional safety protocols including proof of COVID-19 vaccination or mandatory mask requirements. Visit the specific event on our calendar for information. Ticket holders should also refer to the protocols set forth in pre-show email communications from Kings Theatre.

Please note that government mandates and all venue protocols are subject to change.

• 1 month later...

Blake Shelton, John Legend, Gwen Stefani use popular “Grace Kelly” meme to announce The Voice return

Meanwhile, Blake, John and Gwen made the announcement via the popular music meme, which is a snip of “Grace Kelly” by Mika (ALSO A THE VOICE COACH IN FRANCE!). “#duet with his if you’re going to be a coach on #TheVoice this fall. All three coaches sing the song.

https://www.mjsbigblog.com/the-voice-season-22-3-coaches-confirm-return-1-conspicuously-missing.htm

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Lunari said:

Blake Shelton, John Legend, Gwen Stefani use popular “Grace Kelly” meme to announce The Voice return

Meanwhile, Blake, John and Gwen made the announcement via the popular music meme, which is a snip of “Grace Kelly” by Mika (ALSO A THE VOICE COACH IN FRANCE!). “#duet with his if you’re going to be a coach on #TheVoice this fall. All three coaches sing the song.

https://www.mjsbigblog.com/the-voice-season-22-3-coaches-confirm-return-1-conspicuously-missing.htm

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, SusanT said:

Screenshot_20220517-170717_Chrome.jpg

Thanks for posting!

Further down there's a little article about Mika.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/05/14/arts/eurovision-final/a-british-lebanese-american-artists-finds-self-at-home-in-europe?smid=url-share
May 14, 2022, 3:13 p.m. ET 
Elisabetta Povoledo

In Italy, Mika has the special celebrity status granted to prime time television stars that conquer family living rooms.In Italy, Mika has the special celebrity status granted to prime time television stars that conquer family living rooms.Credit...Marco Bertorello/Agence France-Presse — Getty Images

TURIN, Italy — Eurovision hosts Laura Pausini and Alessandro Cattelan are certified A-list Italian celebrities, born and bred here. But their co-host Mika is more of an enigma, although he is such a fixture on Italian television that, when I called him a few days ago, we began the conversation in Italian, even though he is British-Lebanese and has an American passport through his father.

“I’ve been doing my lines in English and French,” he said, but the instructions he gets in his earpiece were in Italian. “Welcome to the blender,” he laughed.

Mika, 38, whose real name is Michael Holbrook Penniman, burst on the music scene with his 2007 breakthrough hit “Grace Kelly.” Global No. 1 hits, accolades and awards have followed.

In Italy, Mika has the special celebrity status granted to prime time television stars that conquer family living rooms. Italians first came to adopt Mika as one of their own when he joined the panel of judges of “X Factor Italia” in 2013. He was on the panel for several years, and even had his own variety show in Italy, “Stasera Casa Mika,” which ran for two seasons. He was also a coach on “The Voice,” a singing contest in France.

Mika fans in France and Italy may find it odd to hear him switch between languages, as he’s been doing during the Eurovision semifinals.

“But isn’t that good?” he asked. “It comes back to identity for me, a fundamental thing that’s always been part of my life.” Born in Beirut, Lebanon, to an American father from Savannah, Ga., who had traveled the world as a diplomat’s son, and an American mother from Brooklyn of Syrian and Lebanese background, Mika and his siblings were raised in Paris and London.

“Europe is really where I found my sense of compass. I relate to the idea of Europe to the kind of universality of Europe and the diversity of it more than anything else,” he said. “And if that makes me kind of slightly surprising, or strange, to the audience,” he added, “well, that’s OK. That’s fine. That’s fine with me.”

• Thanks 1

One more NYT post not in the screenshot...

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/05/14/arts/eurovision-final/749b0c05-ef81-5e7e-bfe7-249fd76b2b02?smid=url-share

May 14, 2022, 5:53 p.m. ETMay 14, 2022
May 14, 2022, 5:53 p.m. ET

Elisabeth Vincentelli

Mika has finally managed to pry the mic away from Laura Pausini. I remember seeing him perform a showcase at the tiny venue The Box, in New York, in 2007 and now he’s doing a medley at Eurovision.

merlin_206872923_64bf0f46-376f-445d-8a7f-ede0fcd82ed2-articleLarge.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale

• Like 3

https://themusicuniverse.com/mika-returns-with-yo-yo/

This little article says many nice things about Mika!

Mika returns with ‘Yo Yo’
BUDDY IAHN MAY 13, 2022 POP
Mika
New single available now
Global pop sensation Mika returns with new single entitled “Yo Yo” via Casablanca Records/Republic Records.

mika.jpg?w=800&ssl=1

“I wanted to write a song that could make you cry and dance at the same time,” Mika shares. “A song to make the world, in all its harshness, feel better. Something that will always be there to comfort you. I wrote this for you, as you listen in your room, or in a club: it doesn’t matter it’s just about you.”
Next up, he will co-host the world-renowned Eurovision Song Contest. During the Eurovision Finale on May 14th, he’ll deliver what promises to be an unforgettable performance of his hits and his first performance of the new single “Yo Yo” to an international audience expected to exceed 180 million people.

Mika recently concluded a sold out North American Tour, which culminated on two seismic turns at Coachella.

Mika, known for his vibrant and multi-octave melodies and classically trained voice, uses music to unite a community, especially to connect with those who feel like they are outsiders. His body of work is inspired by personal experiences as coming of age and as a child, when music was his only source of hope. Last year, Mika’s viral Grace Kelly challenge, which has nearly 40 million views on TikTok, perfectly reflects his magical ability to create space for people to share their truth, using the power of music to evoke empathy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

muumuse.com

From Eurovision to the Dance Floor: Put MIKA’s “Yo Yo” on Repeat
|By Bradley Stern

“Take out all my sorrow, put that on a beat…”

Writing about a man? In these trying times? I know…

But we support fellow LGBTs in this house, and the multi-talented MIKA is no exception, especially as he’s having a real moment at the moment since co-hosting Eurovision 2022 last week. (Chanel Terrero, you will always be famous!)

The 38-year-old Life in Cartoon Motion crooner has actually been having a moment for a while now: if you’re on TikTok as much as I am, you’d already know his 2007 track “Grace Kelly” has since gone mega-viral with a challenge over the past year. A record label’s wet dream, basically.

While co-hosting the Eurovision Grand Final in Turin, Italy – a delicate balancing act of navigating dorky jokes amid political tensions, dramatic pauses, and painfully delayed satellite conversations with international delegates in front of a TV audience of hundreds of millions – MIKA hit the stage to perform what was essentially a Super Bowl-scale performance of his big hits.

It was a vibrant, energetic, suitably gay explosion of dancers and colors and giant hearts and glee. A major spectacle, really, and he did a fantastic job.

The most surprising thrill came towards the end, when he – perched atop a rather wobbly platform – launched into a more serious sounding, throbbing club tune, proclaiming: “Take out all my sorrow, put that on a beat.” Huh. This one didn’t sound familiar…but it did sound good.

A quick Shazam on the spot revealed the name of the tune: “Yo Yo,” which dropped the day before (May 13). And reader? It’s a banger.

The moody banger was co-written with Renaud Rebillaud and Wayne Hector, co-writer of Nicki Minaj‘s “Starships,” among many other feats.

The ultra-catchy cut finds the falsetto-friendly crooner consenting to being pulled in any old direction and bending to every whim – Do What U Want with MIKA’s body, basically.

Take me high, high, high, take me low, low, low / Pull me in, in, in, let me go, go, go / Say goodbye, bye, bye, say hello, lo, lo / Treat my heart, heart, heart like a yo-yo,” he coos. But is it an invitation, or more of a solemn resignation? That’s seemingly up for interpretation.

“I wanted to write a song that could make you cry and dance at the same time,” MIKA explains of the club cut. “A song to make the world, in all its harshness, feel better. Something that will always be there to comfort you. I wrote this for you, as you listen in your room, or in a club: it doesn’t matter it’s just about you.”

Yet another solid addition to the Crying at the Discotheque collection this month? We gladly accept.

The song’s got a very hypnotic pulse, and it’s stuffed with earworm melodies – “Da-da-da, da-da-da-da, da-da-da da-da” – that have yet to let go of my brain’s reigns since the first play. It’s also a pretty unexpected offering from a singer most commonly associated with happy-go-lucky vocal theatrics and big, bright sounds.

There’s more music on the way too, according to a press release. An entire sad disco record from MIKA, perhaps? I wouldn’t mind putting that on repeat, on the beat, on repeat, on the beat, on repeat, on the beat, on repeat, on the beat…

Check out the MuuTunes Spotify playlist. Subscribe!

You can also subscribe to MuuTunes on Apple Music.

[Verse 1]
Take out all my sorrow, put that on a beat
Take out all my sorrow, put it on repeat
I know by tomorrow you'll come back to me
If you're not back tomorrow, what will be, will be
Be will be, on the beat, on repeat, on the beat, on repeat
On the beat, on repeat, on the beat, on repeat

[Pre-Chorus]
Take me high, high, high, take me low, low, low
Pull me in, in, in, let me go, go, go
Say goodbye, bye, bye, say hello, lo, lo
Treat my heart, heart, heart like a yo-yo

[Chorus]
Treat me like a yo-yo, treat me like a yo-yo

[Verse 2]
I'm not going nowhere, I'm where I'm meant to be
So I'm not going nowhere, you run back to me
I'll be here 'til tomorrow, then you're gonna see
Your turn to do the dancin', now you can dance for me
On the beat, on repeat, on the beat, on repeat, on the beat
On repeat, on the beat, on repeat

[Pre-Chorus]

[Chorus]

[Bridge]
Da-da-da, da-da-da-da, da-da-da da-da
On repeat, on the beat, on repeat, on the beat, on repeat
On the beat, on repeat, on the beat
On repeat, on the beat, on repeat, on the beat, on repeat
On the beat, on repeat, on the beat

[Pre-Chorus]

[Chorus]

[Outro]

Photo credit: Republic Records

INSTAGRAM

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdyLFYYOUph/

Twitter

mika.thumb.jpeg.d9fad02d48a1d0340e0efb6686928e6a.jpeg

mika-1.thumb.jpeg.f867f6902a601679fef9fe0a49a47343.jpeg

• Like 1

JRL charts

jrlcharts.com

Mika Returns to drop his New Single, ‘Yo Yo’ (2022)
JRL Charts

NEW YORK, NY — (05-13-22) 

Global pop sensation MIKA returns to drop his new single entitled “YO YO” via Casablanca Records/Republic Records. Next up, he will co-host the world-renowned Eurovision Song Contest on May 14, where he will deliver what promises to be an unforgettable performance of his hits and his first performance of the new single “YO YO.” to an international audience expected to exceed 180 million people. Be sure to tune in!

MIKA, known for his vibrant and multi-octave melodies and classically trained voice, uses music to unite a community, especially to connect with those who feel like they are outsiders. His body of work is inspired by personal experiences as coming of age and as a child, when music was his only source of hope.

Last year, MIKA’s viral Grace Kelly challenge, which has nearly 40 million views on TikTok, perfectly reflects his magical ability to create space for people to share their truth, using the power of music to evoke empathy.

MIKA brings himself to everything he does.

Review Mika – ‘Yo Yo’ (Official Lyrics Video)

Official Website

Follow Mika:
Facebook | Instagram | TikTok | Twitter | YouTube

Album:
Yo Yo (2022)

Marketing & Publicity:
Mighty Real Agency

Management:
R I Entertainment

European Bookings:
Paradigm Agency

International Bookings:
WME Entertainment

Record Label:
Republic Records

Distributed by:
Universal Music Group (UMG Recordings)

Country of Origin:
England

Language:
English

Run time:
3 Mins 32 Secs

Release date:
May 12, 2022

Copyright (C) 2022 Republic Records

Mika-New-Single-YoYo-Republic-Records-pop-music-2022-jrl-charts.thumb.jpg.b6acf2e830aa08a65a1ce3bc3d647e6f.jpg

• Like 1

Channel Radio

https://channelrradio.com/new-music/mika-yo-yo/

NEW MUSIC

Mika – Yo Yo

channelradmin
504193-yo-yo-150x150.jpg.c49b998612993b4f1ae2a040c5620291.jpg

Global pop sensation MIKA returns with new single entitled “YO YO.” Next up, he will co-host the world-renowned Eurovision Song Contest. During the Eurovision Finale on May 14, he’ll deliver what promises to be an unforgettable performance of his hits and his first performance of the new single “YO YO.” to an international audience expected to exceed 180 million people. Be sure to tune in!

MIKA recently concluded a sold out North American Tour, which culminated on two seismic turns at Coachella.

I wanted to write a song that could make you cry and dance at the same time. A song to make the world, in all its harshness, feel better. Something that will always be there to comfort you. I wrote this for you, as you listen in your room, or in a club: it doesn’t matter it’s just about you.

MIKA, known for his vibrant and multi-octave melodies and classically trained voice, uses music to unite a community, especially to connect with those who feel like they are outsiders. His body of work is inspired by personal experiences as coming of age and as a child, when music was his only source of hope. Last year, MIKA’s viral Grace Kelly challenge, which has nearly 40 million views on TikTok, perfectly reflects his magical ability to create space for people to share their truth, using the power of music to evoke empathy. MIKA brings himself to everything he does.

Listen to this song and more new music premieres on “The New Music Show”, playing daily at 5.30pm PT/8.30pm ET on Channel R – Today’s Hits & Your All-Time Favorites.

Mika-2022-Promo-copy.thumb.jpg.b6f8f9545e212705db6f9d8ad2811063.jpg

• Like 1

THIRTEEN ( The New York City public TV station )

https://www.thirteen.org/schedule/?program=46909

Mika - Live at the Paris Philharmonic is airing on: THIRTEEN / WLIW21 / NJ PBS

Mika - Live at the Paris Philharmonic

Enjoy a front-row seat for the global pop star’s sold-out 2021 concert at Le Philharmonie de Paris, featuring a full orchestra, choral singers, and special guests. When the Lebanese-born British singer-songwriter burst onto the music scene in 2007 with his debut album Life in Cartoon Motion and the chart-topping hit single “Grace Kelly,” Q Magazine declared, “It is, triumphantly, among the most camp mainstream pop records ever made.” Join the classically trained superstar, whose glittery, glamorous style has earned him comparisons to Elton John, Freddie Mercury, and Rufus Wainwright, as he performs “Toy Boy,” “Tiny Love,” and other hit songs.

THIRTEEN
  • Fri Jun 10 9:00 pm
  • Mon Jun 13 1:00 am

WLIW21

• Wed Jun 15 10:00 pm

NJ PBS

• Tue Jun 14 10:01 pm
  • Thu Jun 16 4:01 am

830970332_ScheduleTHIRTEEN_NewYorkPublicMedia.thumb.png.999e117c48dbaa438bed32d4e9284715.png

billboard.com

Best LGBTQ Anthems of All Time: 60 Queer Song Classics
  • Billboard Staff
  • 06/7/2022

g1IDlAGv.thumb.jpg.6b0861e11ab8847cf1c4bf2231e52ab9.jpg

60 Top LGBTQ Anthems of All Time

Here's a countdown of the top 60 Pride anthems that defined queer culture.

How does a song become a gay anthem? Like the LGBTQ+ community itself, our soundtrack is vast and diverse. We have recorded our history and contribution to the culture through music, and with this list we acknowledge and remember the forerunners that have made possible the positive changes we’ve seen over the decades. These songs are a testimony to our resilience and excellence.

While it’s impossible to define exactly what makes a song “gay,” this list definitely isn’t straight. You will see many overlaps between this list and some of the best house and disco tracks that were blasted in the ballrooms, as well as transformative hits by our beloved big-voiced divas. There are introspective slow jams by queer artists and allies that mirror our struggles with self-acceptance and social rejection. There are chart-topping sensations and hidden gems that are forgotten or yet to be discovered; instant classics and songs that grew to be our community’s favorites. Besides the best-known songs that are essential to a list like this, we wish to highlight the queer musicians who deserve a spotlight.

To keep this countdown diverse, artists were only allowed one song on this list, and it is still growing and changing as our fight continues. As you listen to this playlist, check out what actions you can take against the anti-LGBTQ+ bills in state legislatures across the country. Don’t forget to follow our playlist on Spotify below. And for more stories about the LGBTQ+ community and our fiercest allies, keep up with Billboard Pride.

“Grace Kelly,” Mika, 2007

Several of Mika’s songs could have made this list (“We Are Golden,” “Lollipop,” or “Last Party,” a song about Freddie Mercury’s infamous party before he died), but “Grace Kelly” is why we fell in love with him in the first place:

He’s authentically queer and has no interest in conforming.

• Thanks 1

broadwayworld.com

VIDEO: MIKA Releases the Video for His New Single 'Yo Yo'
  • Michael Major
  • Jun. 14, 2022

"Yo Yo" is available now via Casablanca Records/Republic Records.

Global pop sensation MIKA releases the video for his new single "YO YO."

"I wanted to write a song that could make you cry and dance at the same time." MIKA comments, "A song to make the world, in all its harshness, feel better. Something that will always be there to comfort you. I wrote this for you, as you listen in your room, or in a club: it doesn't matter it's just about you."

MIKA recently concluded a sold out North American Tour, which culminated on two seismic turns at Coachella.

MIKA, known for his vibrant and multi-octave melodies and classically trained voice, uses music to unite a community, especially to connect with those who feel like they are outsiders. His body of work is inspired by personal experiences as coming of age and as a child, when music was his only source of hope.

Last year, MIKA's viral Grace Kelly challenge, which has nearly 40 million views on TikTok, perfectly reflects his magical ability to create space for people to share their truth, using the power of music to evoke empathy. MIKA brings himself to everything he does.

Born Michael Holbrook Penniman Jr. in 1983 as the third of five children, MIKA started vocal lessons at seven years old. Learning to play piano and write songs while showing otherworldly vocal range, MIKA quickly became a young virtuoso. MIKA's musical success began with the release of his hit single, "Grace Kelly."

The single was featured on his debut album, Life In Cartoon Motion, which went straight to #1 in the UK and 11 other countries, going on to sell over 8.3 million copies worldwide and racking up an impressive 2.8 billion streams.

Since his debut he has released 4 other full-length albums, selling millions of copies: The Boy Who Knew Too Much, The Origin of Love, No Place In Heaven. and My Name Is Michael Holbrook. In addition, MIKA has not only won a Brit Award for British Breakthrough Act, but he has also been nominated for Grammys, MTV Europe Music Awards, Capital Radio Awards and World Music Awards.

Additionally, his RAI 2 primetime variety show "Stasera Casa Mika" won the prestigious Rose D'or Award for Best Entertainment Series in 2017. Furthermore, he has been a coach on France's The Voice and a judge on XFactor Italia for six years and has hosted his own BBC2 Radio show "The Art of Song."

Following the devastating explosion in Beirut, Lebanon in 2020, MIKA decided to honour his Lebanese heritage by organizing an online charity concert in support of the victims of the blast. 'I Love Beirut' featured guest performances from around the world including Kylie Minogue, Rufus Wainwright, Salma Hayek, Mashrou Leila, Laura Pausini and Dana Paola. The result was a truly breathtaking film with fans tuning in from a record-breaking 106 countries around the globe and raising a staggering total of over €1m for charity.

MIKA has also worked with world renowned composer and conductor Simon Leclerc to perform orchestral versions of his many hits in Montreal, Como and most recently 2 sold out shows in October 2021 at the Philharmonie de Paris in France.

After the strangest 18+ months in living memory, MIKA looks forward to being back on the stage in 2022. Through the attitude, energy and movement of MIKA's studied pop performance he provokes this sense of magic. "It's the sort of dangerous energy where anything is possible," he says.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 6/3/2022 at 7:59 PM, Kumazzz said:

THIRTEEN ( The New York City public TV station )

Mika - Live at the Paris Philharmonic is airing on: THIRTEEN / WLIW21 / NJ PBS

Mika - Live at the Paris Philharmonic

Enjoy a front-row seat for the global pop star’s sold-out 2021 concert at Le Philharmonie de Paris, featuring a full orchestra, choral singers, and special guests. When the Lebanese-born British singer-songwriter burst onto the music scene in 2007 with his debut album Life in Cartoon Motion and the chart-topping hit single “Grace Kelly,” Q Magazine declared, “It is, triumphantly, among the most camp mainstream pop records ever made.” Join the classically trained superstar, whose glittery, glamorous style has earned him comparisons to Elton John, Freddie Mercury, and Rufus Wainwright, as he performs “Toy Boy,” “Tiny Love,” and other hit songs.

THIRTEEN
  • Fri Jun 10 9:00 pm
  • Mon Jun 13 1:00 am

WLIW21

• Wed Jun 15 10:00 pm

NJ PBS

• Tue Jun 14 10:01 pm
  • Thu Jun 16 4:01 am

830970332_ScheduleTHIRTEEN_NewYorkPublicMedia.thumb.png.999e117c48dbaa438bed32d4e9284715.png

PBS ( The New York City public TV station )

THIRTEEN

• Thu Oct 20 10:00 pm - Mika - Live at the Paris Philharmonie

558500072_THIRTEEN-NewYorkPublicMedia.thumb.png.4b458d848d94376c507a9e6cbe71877c.png

FRONT & CENTER

https://www.thirteen.org/schedule/?program=30577

NJ PBS

• Sun Oct 23 11:00 pm - Mika Live at the Paris Philharmonie

WLIW21

• Sat Oct 29 11:30 pm - Mika Live at the Paris Philharmonie

pbs.thumb.jpg.ce330887e5d600abf56a3278925799f2.jpg

Edited by Kumazzz
update
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Music Grotto

https://www.musicgrotto.com/gay-singers/

Last Updated On: October 12, 2022

35 Best Gay Singers Of All Time (LGBTQ+ Singers)

There have been many LGBT superstars and divas that have stepped up to the microphone and wowed us all with their voices. Here, we take a look at 35 famous gay singers who have graced us with their music:

1. Freddie Mercury

2. Rob Halford

3. Elton John

4. Adam Lambert

5. George Michael

6. Melissa Etheridge

7. Sam Smith

8. Lance Bass

9. Dusty Springfield

10. Ricky Martin

11. Barry Manilow

12. Richard O’Brien

13. David Bowie

14. Tracy Chapman

15. Frank Ocean

16. Janelle Monáe

17. Janis Joplin

18. Brandi Carlile

19. Bessie Smith

20. Ma Rainey

21. Lady Gaga

22. Michael Stipe

23. Miley Cyrus

24. Lil Nas X

25. Joan Jett

26. Hayley Kiyoko

27. Tyler, the Creator

28. Billie Joe Armstrong

29. Jason Mraz

30. Troye Sivan

31. Billy Porter

32. Fergie

33. Rufus Wainwright

34. Neil Tennant

35. Mika

hqdefault.jpg

Mika, born Michael Penniman Jr., jumped to superstardom with his first studio album Life in Cartoon Motion. With iconic tracks like “Grace Kelly,” Mika has gained countless fans across the world. While Mika has never felt comfortable labeling his sexuality publicly, he has reflected on his bi- and pan-sexuality.

752092216_35BestGaySingersOfAllTime(LGBTQSingers).thumb.jpg.37fcedfd30ce7c6117afeede8d92dd84.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

While Mika has never felt comfortable labeling his sexuality publicly, he has reflected on his bi- and pan-sexuality.

Do they still live in 2010?! 🙄 I mean, even in the US they should be able to find more recent sources in their research. :facepalm:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

he has reflected on his bi- and pan-sexuality.

He did say once he likes to flirt with his coffee cup… but I don’t think that’s the kind of “pan” they’re talking about :biggrin2:

57 minutes ago, mellody said:

Do they still live in 2010?! 🙄 I mean, even in the US they should be able to find more recent sources in their research. :facepalm:

It reminds me of the Italian gossip article where they say he had a “hot night” with Emma :lol3: those journalists really don’t do their research :facepalm:

• 1 month later...

BussFeed

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tessafahey/spotify-wrapped-poll

Dec 2, 2022

Just This Once, I'm Going To Let You Critique My Music Taste By Rating My Spotify Wrapped 2022 Songs

Please don't drag me in the comments for listening to so much Encanto.

How do you feel about my most played song of 2022, "Grace Kelly" by Mika?

2022-gk.thumb.jpg.7e35c3735b5c8ce2da4baa8bd29e0577.jpg

What about "Question...?" by Taylor Swift?

"Want Me" by Baby Queen?

"You're on Your Own, Kid" by Taylor Swift?

"Don't You" by Darren Criss?

"We Don't Talk About Bruno" from Encanto?

"Platform Ballerinas" by Mika?

2022-pb.thumb.jpg.289469fd6e9da5802ebc8d7d266976af.jpg

"Red Side of the Moon" by Trixie Mattel?

"New Year's Day" by Taylor Swift?

"Styrofoam Plates" by Death Cab for Cutie?

"Changes" by David Bowie ?

"As It Was" by Harry Styles?

"30/90" from Tick, Tick... Boom!?

"Like Whoa" by Aly & AJ?

"Clearest Blue" by Chvrches?

"Dancing in the Moonlight" by Toploader?

"(Don't Fear) the Reaper" by Blue Oyster Cult?

"Dead Right Now" by Lil Nas X?

"Flightless Bird, American Mouth" by Iron & Wine?

Last but certainly not least, "This Hell" by Rina Sawayama?