Fan actions a Cattolica & Perugia

Lorlore

3 minutes ago, Hero said:

Wouldn't it be easier to say that the balloons are blown up at the start and used for the whole concert?

This is what I thought as well.

As this is a pink night it's justified to start the concert with pink balloons. People will play with them as long as they wish.

And at the next song there will be the rainbow gadgets fan action. 

Well in Perugia we have two fan actions with rainbow items. So it's to discuss as well. But if Mika sings Good Guys in Cattolica it's quite possible he will sing it as well in Perugia. So rainbow sheets could be used at that song.

But some fans already printed their sheets with an instruction I think. 

Pity that Italian groups of fans didn't discuss it before as it was done in Verona. Now we have to struggle with timing.

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

This is what I thought as well.

As this is a pink night it's justified to start the concert with pink balloons. People will play with them as long as they wish.

And at the next song there will be the rainbow gadgets fan action. 

Well in Perugia we have two fan actions with rainbow items. So it's to discuss as well. But if Mika sings Good Guys in Cattolica it's quite possible he will sing it as well in Perugia. So rainbow sheets could be used at that song.

Pity that Italian groups of fans didn't discuss it before as it was done in Verona. Now we have to struggle with timing.

For Perugia I have printed  rainbow sheets but without instructions as someone suggested OOL and other Good guys or Billy brown or the second song..so it is all still open .. I'll bring my sheets with me , we can decide while waiting for the gig, thanks for your advice

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Ok! You’re right, we can do like this. 

Do we still need instructions? 

1 hour ago, virgi said:

Ok! You’re right, we can do like this. 

Do we still need instructions? 

For balloons I don't think we need any instructions. While handing a balloon to a fan it's enough to ask to inflate it as getting to his/her seat and wave it when Mika enters the stage. 

I can imagine that some balloons (specially from the first rows)  will end up on the stage. Mika loves squeezing them!!!

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

In the end the purpose is to show as many rainbows as possible, so imo whether it’s paper sheets or gadgets doesn’t matter and maybe we could do everything during OOL anyway… (and of course again during GG if he sings it)

we will have many sheets and who has gadgets will show them as well, what do you think? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SilviaM said:

In the end the purpose is to show as many rainbows as possible, so imo whether it’s paper sheets or gadgets doesn’t matter and maybe we could do everything during OOL anyway… (and of course again during GG if he sings it)

we will have many sheets and who has gadgets will show them as well, what do you think? 

It's not up to me to decide what the final option will be.

But confusing people by giving them rainbow sheets from one group and asking them to wave rainbow gadgets from the other group at the same time sounds like a waste of energy and idea. Maybe it's ok if you have rainbow sunglasses or a girland of flowers. But what would you do having a rainbow sheet in one hand and... I don't know LGBTQ+ flag?  

I am just trying to find a solution to satisfy both groups. Or maybe we just keep up to MFC idea and do as it was proposed here?

36 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

It's not up to me to decide what the final option will be.

But confusing people by giving them rainbow sheets from one group and asking them to wave rainbow gadgets from the other group at the same time sounds like a waste of energy and idea. Maybe it's ok if you have rainbow sunglasses or a girland of flowers. But what would you do having a rainbow sheet in one hand and... I don't know LGBTQ+ flag?  

I am just trying to find a solution to satisfy both groups. Or maybe we just keep up to MFC idea and do as it was proposed here?

Is the other group giving gadgets to the crowd during the day of the concert? If not, it's not really that we have two options, but we will just wave rainbow colored things. Whether they are sheets or gadgets, it doesn't really make a difference for the purpose of the fan action, I believe. What do you think? Personally, I will bring my rainbow sheet - and some others that I printed - and I will use that :) 

• Like 5

So...

Cattolica - pink balloons, blow up at the start and wave when he comes on stage and through the concert. 

Perugia - rainbow sheets or items or devices, wave during OOL and GG (if played). 

Yes? 

• Like 6

11 hours ago, sara09 said:

Is the other group giving gadgets to the crowd during the day of the concert? If not, it's not really that we have two options, but we will just wave rainbow colored things. Whether they are sheets or gadgets, it doesn't really make a difference for the purpose of the fan action, I believe. What do you think? Personally, I will bring my rainbow sheet - and some others that I printed - and I will use that :) 

11 hours ago, Hero said:

So...

Cattolica - pink balloons, blow up at the start and wave when he comes on stage and through the concert. 

Perugia - rainbow sheets or items or devices, wave during OOL and GG (if played). 

Yes? 

Well, it looks so. For Perugia is OOL or the second song? (Which should be the same if Mika keeps the playlist.

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska

11 hours ago, sara09 said:

Agree.

11 hours ago, Hero said:

So...

Yes? 

From what I understood, they also want to do the rainbow gadgets in Cattolica, and at all the other Italian gigs. But I don't know how many people know about it. I saw it on Twitter and Instagram, but not sure if they only posted it there or if it's a group of people who's planning this. Anyway, as Sara says, probably not everyone will have rainbow gadgets, so the sheets are a nice addition to it. Especially for those who don't follow the Mika news on social media much.

If you're still printing the sheets, maybe it makes sense to use the same instructions as for the rainbow gadgets (not sure now if they said 2nd song or OOL?).

To add to the confusion :naughty: I had a spontaneous thought yesterday about the pink sheets I still have from Bercy 2019. We could just use them for pink phone lights in Cattolica - no extra fanaction, no complicated shapes or anything, but when people light up their phones, for example for Underwater, it could be pink instead of white. I'll just bring the sheets... cutting them wouldn't take long (I might even do that on the train) and as I'm not travelling per plane this time, it's no problem to bring them even if we don't use them. :) If most people who come to the gig know about the pink nights, I think it would make sense to them. If not, maybe it's better to stick to the balloons only, or use the pink phone lights only for the fans who want to do more. The most important thing is not to confuse people, like in Verona. That's why I also agree very much to the idea of blowing up the balloons for the beginning of the gig instead of for a certain song.

Edit: I added the info about balloons and rainbow sheets/gadgets to the first post. PLMK if I need to change anything.

Edited by mellody
  • Like 5