2024 - Mika @ Zénith Lille, France, 3 March - REPORTS / VIDS / PICS

3 is a magic number.

It's the 3rd night of the Apocalypse Calypso tour!

Looking forward to your reports, photos and videos, hope someone take videos of a whole song... :pray:

SETLIST

Due to setlist/mika/2024/zenith-arena-lille

1. Bougez
  2. Apocalypse Calypso
  3. Talk About You
  4. Sweetie banana
  5. Feels Like Fire
  6. Underwater
  7. Relax (Take It Easy)
  8. Yo Yo
  9. Jane Birkin (With «Je t'aime... moi non plus » by Jane Birkin and Serge Gainsbourg snippet in introduction)
  10. Moi, Andy et Paris
  11. Big Girl (You Are Beautiful) (MIKA sings in the crowd)
  12. Elle me dit (MIKA made a fan dance on stage)
  13. 30 secondes
  14. Grace Kelly
  15. C'est la Vie (With«Vogue» by Madonna snippet in introduction)
  16. Happy Ending
  17. Love Today (With «Thriller» by Michael Jackson snippet in introduction)
  18. Any Other World
  19. Origin of Love
  20. We Are Golden

REPORTS

PICS

VIDS

YouTube by @Marab

YouTube by @Romy04

YouTube by @Anna Ko Kolkowska

1. Intro Bougez
  2. Apocalypse Calypso
  3. Talk About You
  4. Feels Like Fire
  5. Underwater
  6. Relax
  7. Yo-Yo
  8. Jane Birkin
  9. Moi, Andy et Paris
  10. Big Girl
  11. Sweetie Banana
  12. Elle Me Dit with a fan on the stage (Vianney)
  13. 30 secondes
  14. Grace Kelly
  15. C'est la Vie
  16. Happy Ending
  17. Love Today
  18. Any Other World
  19. Origin Of Love
  20. We Are Golden
  21. Thank you and good bye

YouTube @steph6222

YouTube @redwandf

YouTube @Franzipanne

YouTube @AurelieSTM

YouTube @dosedelive

TikTok user @concert_lover_

PRESS

Edited by Kumazzz
update
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

3 is a magic number.

It's the 3rd night of the Apocalypse Calypso tour!

Looking forward to your reports, photos and videos, hope someone take videos of a whole song... :pray:

I'm so unbelievably excited for tonight can't believe it's finally here!

I usually don't video or anything at gigs because I'm just so caught up in the whole thing but if there is a specific song you really wanted I can try and capture? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

At least the weather is by no means a competition for Mika today, it's raining cats and dogs the whole day long :wink2:

Only a few hours to go, I'm so excited!!

I'll try to make a video or two, depending in how good my view of the stage will be.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, sarahel said:

I'm so unbelievably excited for tonight can't believe it's finally here!

I usually don't video or anything at gigs because I'm just so caught up in the whole thing but if there is a specific song you really wanted I can try and capture? 

I'm collecting live performances of C'est la Vie from this tour, so if you can film that song that would be great!

• Like 2

@ISAJF414 is posting some lives on her IG: https://www.instagram.com/devos_isa?igsh=NjdwdHdiM3lycTY0 

The ones she has in her feed are

Jane Birkin / Moi Andy et Paris

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4EFzITtqr0/?igsh=MTNzajlwY2d3aXN5ZA==

Big Girl: 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4EGnq3N_Hj/?igsh=MWd6Z2lrMmF4eDFhaQ==

Sweetie Banana:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4EHH7OtBa5/?igsh=MXhtYjNhdmwwaDF0cQ==

Fan on stage for EMD, 30 Secondes

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4EI7XcNM09/?igsh=MXNjcjhvYWV0Zm51cA==

Can anyone please transcribe / translate what he says during Moi Andy et Paris (about his family) and at the end of EMD (about the posters)?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

THAT WAS GIGANTIC!!!

I'll give some full report tomorrow, once I am back at a PC with a proper keyboard. I've also got to check the videos I recorded ...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

That was phenomenal, insanely good, I'm not sure I have the words.

I failed miserably to record unfortunately other than one fantastic clip of the floor festuring my terrible singing 🤦‍♀️ but I think I will remember this night for a very very long time 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

What an amazing evening 😍😍😍 I was upstairs, 2nd row, so my photos amd videos won't be as close-up as people on the ground...but loved every single second of it!! (Apart from finding out someone's drink had spilt all over my signed photobook at the end of the night BOO 😔😔)

20240303_210341.jpg

20240303_210824.jpg

20240303_214011.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, mellody said:

Can anyone please transcribe / translate what he says during Moi Andy et Paris (about his family) and at the end of EMD (about the posters)?

During the song Moi, Andy et Paris he said:

The philosophy of this song - I come from an American, Lebanese, Syrian family. I grew up in Beirut, in Paris, then in London. We were completely normal family. When we loved, we said “I love you”. When we were angry, we said “I hate you”. Except that when we said 'can you pass me some bread, we said it with the same ferocity as when we said I love you or I hate you. Which means that when I was a teenager, aged 12-13, with English friends, when they came to my house for dinner and saw my family, it was a shock for them. Because they thought that 95% of the time we were arguing. And for us it was a normal conversation. And all this to tell you that this song which talks about breakups, monsters and jealousy, is part of this philosophy of our family. We'd rather say, "You're annoying me" than not say it and walk away. Except I am convinced that Andy is probably drinking a beer in the bar with the doors closed behind you, because here I say “you annoy me” and you sing the song. This means that maybe we have a chance to last a little longer...

As for the posters, he says it's always been a tradition that people have posters at his concerts and often he can't tell what's on them. He reads some of them but they are quite far away and he cannot see them well. He says it's like a vision test.  And when people pull out the poster at the very back, he laughs because it is impossible to see there. He says that the posters destabilize him, disrupt his habits, and that's good for him.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 7

17 minutes ago, Deepblue said:

By the way: The setlist seemed to be the same as before, but with "We Are Golden" added as the final song. If he adds one more song for each gig, the last one will be a looong evening :wink2:

Somebody has already shared the setlist: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/mika/2024/zenith-arena-lille-france-13ad59a9.html

We are Golden was played before as well, just at another place in the setlist.  And He skipped Popular Song this time. So the setlist has the same length as the first gig in Clermont-Ferrand.

I'm very happy that Origin is back though :)

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Deepblue said:

By the way: The setlist seemed to be the same as before, but with "We Are Golden" added as the final song. If he adds one more song for each gig, the last one will be a looong evening :wink2:

Somebody has already shared the setlist: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/mika/2024/zenith-arena-lille-france-13ad59a9.html

Hmm, in fact, it's a bit different from the other 2. If it's correct, he didn't play Popular Song, and he played Sweetie Banana later (it was the 4th song at the other gigs)... in fact, in the place where he played PS before. And he added OOL before WAG. :wub2: WAG was on the setlist before.

I like how this is developing, definitely a good choice to swap Popular Song for Origin! :thumb_yello: Maybe for the international gigs he'll bring it back and throw out one of the French songs instead (I could do without Sweetie Banana... but I don't mind hearing it at the French gigs, always nice to hear new songs live, and I heard PS often enough). :dunno_grin:

9 hours ago, JanaSK said:

During the song Moi, Andy et Paris he said:

The philosophy of this song - I come from an American, Lebanese, Syrian family. I grew up in Beirut, in Paris, then in London. We were completely normal family. When we loved, we said “I love you”. When we were angry, we said “I hate you”. Except that when we said 'can you pass me some bread, we said it with the same ferocity as when we said I love you or I hate you. Which means that when I was a teenager, aged 12-13, with English friends, when they came to my house for dinner and saw my family, it was a shock for them. Because they thought that 95% of the time we were arguing. And for us it was a normal conversation. And all this to tell you that this song which talks about breakups, monsters and jealousy, is part of this philosophy of our family. We'd rather say, "You're annoying me" than not say it and walk away. Except I am convinced that Andy is probably drinking a beer in the bar with the doors closed behind you, because here I say “you annoy me” and you sing the song. This means that maybe we have a chance to last a little longer...

Hm, interesting. Thank you! I think this is the reason why I had been wondering at first whether Mika means rather himself than Andy by the "monster" - but he said the monster is Andy. Now here he says that bluntly saying how you feel and arguing are normal for him. Yet in the song it seems to be him who is hurt by Andy's "mots dur". It didn't surprise me, because we know he is a sensitive person... and well, I guess he's more sensitive to other people's harsh words than sensitive about his own harsh words :fisch: ... anyway, it seems the reason why he told this story is to explain why he sings about this. Why he even has it on the setlist now. It's his way to express himself. Makes me curious now to hear what else he'll say during this song at the gigs. Sigh, I wish I understood French better! In the interviews it's ok meanwhile, as long as they're not talking over each other - but add the background noise of a venue and the music to what he says in French, and I'm lost. :facepalm: So thank you Jana, those translations are much appreciated! :flowers2:

What other signs by peole did he read? I think the first one was "can I come on stage with you?" and he said maybe later (well, he just had brought a fan on stage a few minutes earlier), but I didn't understand the others.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

PRESS

La Voix du Nord

https://www.lavoixdunord.fr/1436841/article/2024-03-03/mika-ou-l-esthetique-pop-ultra-festive-de-la-folie-douce

Mika au Zénith de Lille, l’esthétique pop ultra-festive de la folie douce

Ce dimanche, le juré chouchou de The Voice a fait une étape mémorable au Zénith de Lille, où 7000 personnes ont embarqué pour un show coloré et dansant, sans répit pour la joie et la fête !

On a décollé à 19h45, ce dimanche, au Zénith de Lille, on a plané direct dans des cieux colorés, et on n’est pas redescendus pendant les deux heures de concert. Mika a l’art d’embarquer les foules dans son univers. Mais Mika c’est d’abord une allure. Sa dégaine légère, gracile, hypnotise d’entrée sur des fonds psychédéliques, et l’on ne peut pas s’empêcher de sourire, danser avec lui, chanter à tue-tête, le regard happé par la scène, ses jeux de lumières et les costumes scintillants, excentriques qui vont se succéder sur des rythmes pop et electro.

Google translator

Mika at the Zénith de Lille, the ultra-festive pop aesthetic of sweet madness

This Sunday, the favorite juror of The Voice made a memorable stop at the Zénith de Lille, where 7,000 people embarked for a colorful and dancing show, without respite for joy and celebration!

We took off at 7:45 p.m. this Sunday from the Zénith de Lille, we flew straight into the colorful skies, and we didn't come down during the two-hour concert. Mika has the art of drawing crowds into his world. But Mika is first and foremost a look. His light, graceful appearance hypnotizes from the start against psychedelic backgrounds, and we can't help but smile, dance with him, sing at the top of our lungs, our eyes caught by the scene, its play of lights and the sparkling, eccentric costumes which will follow one another to pop and electro rhythms.

13541146.thumb.jpeg.f7ca994109fe4fa2ad56b5a672bcaf96.jpeg

13541285.thumb.jpeg.0165246919f69d2e3a760e895c246a73.jpeg

VIDEO

https://www.ultimedia.com/api/meta/minifier/id/3zl0f5

bwcZaKzkkRJezbAHSrmJIdW9uvH2N_ULY9Zp_BJIAY0o8XTuNLFAXx1UPPNSFqgJZa-JghYuw0gEvMBg9CHYfA.thumb.jpg.4a0c72c3d1d03ea8e4bfba42ed3ee0be.jpg

RE-uploaded

TikTok

YouTube

Edited by Kumazzz
update
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Finally back home, and as speaking is not an option today, I thought I might also sit down at the PC and share some impressions with you that one doesn't get from Instagram or press releases.

First of all: Sorry, but no videos from my side. My smarter-than-me smartphone actually made some great ones - but it also somehow managed to mainly record my terrible singing and ignored the sound of the arena. This is a big achievement, obviously, as I have not even been able to hear myself. Anyhow, as I don't want to disturb you with terrible noises, I'll keep these videos for myself :wink2:

I could find many adjectives for this gig that sound somewhat appropriate, but I don't seem to find just the right ones. I am actually a bit lost for words on how good the concert really was. Mika has been such an incredible powerhouse! He interacted with his audience incredibly well, especially with his "enfants terribles", as he called them, in front of the stage. We had seats on the upper part of the ranks, but still with a very good view. And I was honestly surprised about the diversity in the audience. I sat next to a very quiet guy, probably 70 or 75 years old, but once the show began, he exploded and hit every single note as if his life depended on it. We had lots of fun singing together, even though we couldn't speak to each other, with him only speaking french. Around us, there have been families with children, older couples, younger couples, groups of friends ... It has really been like a huge family event with such an incredibly happy and peaceful atmosphere.

In general, the crowd simply went crazy whenever Mika did - well, basically anything. It was during "Big Girl" when he suddenly popped up in the upper ranks, and the cheers were simply enourmous. He then had to interrupt the intro to "Sweetie Banana" and restart after a minute because he was completely out of breath, having somehow got back to the stage in no time :wink2:

The fan whom Mika invited to the stage for "Elle me dit" - I think that has been his once in a lifetime moment. The guy danced so incredibly well, and I think he only realized the huge cheers and applause as he left the stage.

For me, it has probably been the best experience of any kind since years and years. I loved every tiny bit of it, and when we went back to our hotel, waiting at the traffic lights a bit away from the venue, somehow realizing what I had witnessed there - I simply teared up in front of Gare de Flandres and had to stand there for a moment in the fresh air and breathe. This won't have been my last Mika experience, for sure! I am incredibly thankful for having had the opportunity to be a part of this. Saying to Mika "you made my day!" would simply be a MASSIVE understatement. Yesterday has been one of the happiest days in my life.

Edited by Deepblue
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, mellody said:

What other signs by peole did he read? I think the first one was "can I come on stage with you?" and he said maybe later (well, he just had brought a fan on stage a few minutes earlier), but I didn't understand the others.

Yes, you understood well, someone wanted to go on stage, but Mika said maybe later. The second poster was "can you write my tattoo" as CharlotteL said. There was another one, but it wasn't in French (at least I didn't understand) and the last one was too far away and he couldn't read it.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

PRESS

La Voix du Nord

https://www.lavoixdunord.fr/1436841/article/2024-03-03/mika-ou-l-esthetique-pop-ultra-festive-de-la-folie-douce

Mika au Zénith de Lille, l’esthétique pop ultra-festive de la folie douce

Ce dimanche, le juré chouchou de The Voice a fait une étape mémorable au Zénith de Lille, où 7000 personnes ont embarqué pour un show coloré et dansant, sans répit pour la joie et la fête !

On a décollé à 19h45, ce dimanche, au Zénith de Lille, on a plané direct dans des cieux colorés, et on n’est pas redescendus pendant les deux heures de concert. Mika a l’art d’embarquer les foules dans son univers. Mais Mika c’est d’abord une allure. Sa dégaine légère, gracile, hypnotise d’entrée sur des fonds psychédéliques, et l’on ne peut pas s’empêcher de sourire, danser avec lui, chanter à tue-tête, le regard happé par la scène, ses jeux de lumières et les costumes scintillants, excentriques qui vont se succéder sur des rythmes pop et electro.

Google translator

Mika at the Zénith de Lille, the ultra-festive pop aesthetic of sweet madness

This Sunday, the favorite juror of The Voice made a memorable stop at the Zénith de Lille, where 7,000 people embarked for a colorful and dancing show, without respite for joy and celebration!

We took off at 7:45 p.m. this Sunday from the Zénith de Lille, we flew straight into the colorful skies, and we didn't come down during the two-hour concert. Mika has the art of drawing crowds into his world. But Mika is first and foremost a look. His light, graceful appearance hypnotizes from the start against psychedelic backgrounds, and we can't help but smile, dance with him, sing at the top of our lungs, our eyes caught by the scene, its play of lights and the sparkling, eccentric costumes which will follow one another to pop and electro rhythms.

13541146.thumb.jpeg.f7ca994109fe4fa2ad56b5a672bcaf96.jpeg

13541285.thumb.jpeg.0165246919f69d2e3a760e895c246a73.jpeg

VIDEO

https://www.ultimedia.com/api/meta/minifier/id/3zl0f5

bwcZaKzkkRJezbAHSrmJIdW9uvH2N_ULY9Zp_BJIAY0o8XTuNLFAXx1UPPNSFqgJZa-JghYuw0gEvMBg9CHYfA.thumb.jpg.4a0c72c3d1d03ea8e4bfba42ed3ee0be.jpg

RE-uploaded

TikTok

YouTube

PRESS

La Voix du Nord

https://www.lavoixdunord.fr/1437105/article/2024-03-04/en-images-le-plein-de-couleurs-et-de-joie-au-concert-de-mika

En images : le plein de couleurs et de joie au concert de Mika

Ce dimanche, le juré chouchou de The Voice a fait une étape mémorable au Zénith de Lille, où 7 000 personnes ont embarqué pour un show coloré et dansant, sans répit pour la joie et la fête !

In images : full of color and joy at the Mika concert

Article réservé aux abonnés ( Article reserved for subscribers ) :glasses3:

13581162.thumb.jpeg.6f17d6b772ef20d6eabbafddf539a68c.jpeg

13580900.thumb.jpeg.50a0a2782e651dae8c93d4298dde6fd7.jpeg

13580885.thumb.jpeg.1a1b6324890ed06b86620ed8bf418294.jpeg

13557669.thumb.jpeg.71b15ad27129d85aaa8349cf914c12ea.jpeg

Le regard du photographe

https://www.lavoixdunord.fr/en-images/le-regard-du-photographe

Mika Travolta

« Ce n’est pas la première fois que je fais un "Regard" lors d’un concert de Mika. 

On le sait et je le sais, le chanteur est un personnage haut en couleur et ses concerts en sont le reflet.

Alors quand je l’ai vu prendre la pose de John Travolta dans "La Fièvre du samedi soir" avec sa tenue d’ange diabolique, je n’ai pas hésité une seconde. 

J’avais immortalisé un instant magique. »

“This is not the first time that I have done a “Regard” during a Mika concert.

We know it and I know it, the singer is a colorful character and his concerts reflect it.

So when I saw him pose as John Travolta in "Saturday Night Fever" with his evil angel outfit, I didn't hesitate for a second.

I had immortalized a magical moment. »

PHOTO STÉPHANE MORTAGNE – LILLE – DIMANCHE – FOCALE 35 MM – VITESSE 1/400 – OUVERTURE F4 – ISO 3 200

B9735989495Z.1_20240304163345_000GH9OCGKC6.3-0.thumb.jpg.02c9c1624b5e903299dce624a832ac95.jpg

13580965.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1