2024 - Mika @ Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, UK, 5 April REPORTS / VIDS / PICS

Posted (edited)

mikainstagram story

435901728_18425540518004000_4507275415031769916_n.thumb.jpg.ad909f4eed3e842fde31f96ad2677dae.jpg

re-posts national_merch stories

• T shirts - £35
  • Crewneck - £60
  • Cap - £35
  • Poster - £20
  • Photobook - £35

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 1

Fanny shared this hilarious "Billy Brown" from tonight in Wolverhampton. Apparently the gorgeous wing piano couldn't fit through the door of the venue, so Mika had to play "air piano".  Such a goofball!  :lol3:

• Like 11
  • Haha 8
  • Thanks 2

'Because of the venue we are going to do things differently. And that is a very good thing' 

'Just because the place is new, it doesn't mean we have to be good' 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Fanny shared this hilarious "Billy Brown" from tonight in Wolverhampton. Apparently the gorgeous wing piano couldn't fit through the door of the venue, so Mika had to play "air piano".  Such a goofball!  :lol3:

He is adorable :lol3:

• Like 5

2 hours ago, dcdeb said:

I really love this, it's so 100% Mika. Using his imagination and creativity and inviting the audience to do the same, to get the winged piano on stage. Daydreaming together, to put some sparkle on the grey reality. And even sharing some of his work process, of how he builds a song, bit by bit. This creates such a powerful connection, even from far away through this video, that it almost hurts me when he says he doesn't want people at home to watch this

I want to shout "why do you want to exclude me from this wholesome moment?!", but then I realize that it's just his fear of what people might think - also 100% Mika and the reason why he doesn't play his new French songs in the UK - he doesn't feel ok in his blue jeans and still doesn't dare to be himself, no matter how much he tries to tell us otherwise. That's sad, but I'm glad that there are moments like this, and I hope the great audience reactions to these moments help him to worry a bit less. :huglove:

Btw I assume the piano might not fit through the door in Dublin either... we'll see, but would be fab to experience this live! :lol: :wub2:

• Like 8

3 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Nothing can stop this guy to do what he wants to do :lmao:

Even if he wants to play an invisible piano :lol3:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hey Everyone, 

Does anyone who attended last nights show have any photos or videos when he was talking about the crowd members he’d noticed? Like the ‘Lady who out danced everyone and the boy in the dungarees’ for reference- I’m the boy in the dungarees and I just want to find the clip as I didn’t get it💔

I think it happened sometime around Good guys and Elle me Dit? 

Any pictures or videos in general would be amazing 🙏💞😭

+proof I’m the dungarees boy with eye make up😅

IMG_6763.jpeg

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, mellody said:

I just read he didn't play Bougez at all in Wolverhampton. :tears:

Nope! He didn't! I was totally thrown at the beginning when he didn't open with it, but then he explained that everything was going to be different and I stopped worrying and just enjoyed feeling special. :) 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I wonder if the photobook was the singed one.

35 GBP it's around 40 EUR.

Did anybody buy it to know if it's signed?

I didn't buy it, but its description said it was signed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mellody said:

I just read he didn't play Bougez at all in Wolverhampton. :tears:

I was wondering if maybe they couldn't fit the birdcage through the door, like they couldn't fit the piano, so maybe that's why he didn't do Bougez.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, krysady said:

So what was the first song?

And the setlist?

First song was Origin of Love. 
Think the setlist was the same but just without Bougez. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Lunari said:

I was wondering if maybe they couldn't fit the birdcage through the door, like they couldn't fit the piano, so maybe that's why he didn't do Bougez.

Probably. But he could have done it without the cage? The wings themselves are impressive enough.

I'm wondering if maybe he could create a cage with laser lights for the venues that are too small for the cage, or for the festivals. Wouldn't that be much easier? But maybe I'm too optimistic about that, I don't know how expensive such lights would be. :dunno_grin:

2 minutes ago, Lilibet said:

So only 16 songs then? :blink: It's getting less and less... :tears:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Lilibet said:

Thanks!

13 minutes ago, Lilibet said:

Fanny posted a story with the beginning of the show.

Lightnings in the background screen. Padre Deus as music from OOL.

Then Mika entered the stage in his red suit.

9 minutes ago, mellody said:

Probably. But he could have done it without the cage? The wings themselves are impressive enough.

I'm wondering if maybe he could create a cage with laser lights for the venues that are too small for the cage, or for the festivals. Wouldn't that be much easier? But maybe I'm too optimistic about that, I don't know how expensive such lights would be. :dunno_grin:

So only 16 songs then? :blink: It's getting less and less... :tears:

Yeah, he could have definitely done Bougez without the cage, and I really like your laser lights idea. I have to admit that OOL was also a great opener though, and the crowd reacted very well to it.

Yep, only 16 songs, unfortunately. I kind of understand why he does older songs though: I had a place where I could see most of the crowd, and I definitely got the impression that their response to older hits like Lollipop was much more enthusiastic than to newer songs (like Feels Like Fire or Yo Yo). When he did Elle me dit, he almost apologized for it, saying that this was the only French song he would do (and then he had a long talk in English in the middle of the song, basically explaining the meaning of the lyrics). As much as we would all like to hear all the new French songs, I don't think the general UK audience would be as impressed by them.

Edited by Lunari
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Ollie said:

Hey Everyone, 

Does anyone who attended last nights show have any photos or videos when he was talking about the crowd members he’d noticed? Like the ‘Lady who out danced everyone and the boy in the dungarees’ for reference- I’m the boy in the dungarees and I just want to find the clip as I didn’t get it💔

I think it happened sometime around Good guys and Elle me Dit? 

Any pictures or videos in general would be amazing 🙏💞😭

+proof I’m the dungarees boy with eye make up😅

IMG_6763.jpeg

Update!!

I’ve got a clip of him just starting to say what I’m trying to find a clip of (him referring to the boy in dungarees) so the clips around 9:52pm if anyone has any videos from then please send them to me, I’d be eternally grateful as I know it’s a big ask for people too look for videos. But if anyone has anything🙏🙏. I’m u sure if you can send them to me here, but my instagrams @Caspisho if you could send it there too💞💞
Thank you to anyone who try’s to help!

The SETLIST is

1. Origin of Love
  2. Talk about you
  3. Lollipop
  4. Feels like fire
  5. Underwater
  6. Relax
  7. Yoyo remix
  8. Big girl
  9. Elle me dit
  10. Good guys