Please share your experience !!!!

SETLIST

by @Ruth

Set list

• 1 - Origin of Love
  • 2 - Talk About You ( personalised - Manchester
  • 3 - Lollipop wrong cue
  • 4 - Feels Like Fire
  • 5 - Underwater (It was very dark on stage so we couldn't see him)
  • 6 - Relax (Take It Easy) jump
  • 7 - Yo Yo 
  • 8 - Big Girl (You Are Beautiful) (In the crowd) yes, even up with the angels)
  • 9 - Elle me dit (He got us to dance with each other)
  • 10 - Good Guys
  • 11 - Billy Brown - piano
  • 12 - Popular
  • 13 - Grace Kelly ( Twinkle twinkle as an intro )
  • 14 - Happy Ending (He missed a note - because he was emotional he said.)
  • 15 - Love Today    

Encore:

• 16 - Any Other World
  • 17 - We Are Golden

Edited by Kumazzz
update
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ruth said:

He just sang Popular! 

On mikafanclubtoo it sounds like the audience is enjoying singing along with Mika during the songs

• Like 1

Absolutely loved it! My daughter was the little girl Mika spoke to during Big Girl... If anyone sees any videos of that about please could you share them here... I was far too busy being awestruck to catch the moment on camera! 

• Like 7

Set list

1 Origin of Love
2 Talk About You  personalised - Manchester
3 Lollipop wrong cue
4 Feels Like Fire
5 Underwater

It was very dark on stage so we couldn't see him
6 Relax (Take It Easy) jump
7 Yo Yo 
8 Big Girl (You Are Beautiful) (In the crowd) yes, even up with the angels)
9 Elle me dit

He got us to dance with each other
10 Good Guys
11 Billy Brown - piano
12 Popular
Twinkle twinkle as an intro to
13. Grace Kelly
14. Happy Ending

He missed a note - because he was emotional he said.
15. Love Today    
Encore:
16. Any Other World
17. We Are Golden

All wonderful xxx

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

As I said the gig was

fab-u-lousand I should have gone away but, no, I waited...

Eventually, Mika made a very brief appearance at the stage door. 

No photos, no gifts, no signing, no chats which was a pity.

But, as I waited for a taxi and everybody else had gone, the musicians came out and I recognised Max (thankyou Karin, telling me he was blond) and he was happy to talk about Munich, when I last saw him. So not an entirely wasted time and I did draw in the dirt on one of the gig vans 😁

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Cordelia said:

Absolutely loved it! My daughter was the little girl Mika spoke to during Big Girl... If anyone sees any videos of that about please could you share them here... I was far too busy being awestruck to catch the moment on camera! 

Is this your daughter?

• Like 3

What a wonderful gig. The atmosphere was electric and it was truly the most fun I’ve probably ever had at a gig! I was on my own but made friends with the girl next to me (although the people on my other side, one remained seated the whole time and seemed like he was falling asleep, lol. Then they both left early). Mika has such wonderful stage presence and is such a showman, really gets the audience involved.

I do feel a bit sad for him that he feels he has to mostly play his old hits in the UK! It was 50% Life In Cartoon Motion, which I love but I also love his newer stuff! (No place in heaven Stan for life, I wish I had the confidence in 2015 to go to shows alone).

No songs from his new album at all, he dropped Bougez (with English lyrics? I need to find a video) entirely. I wonder if he felt it wasn’t going over well? Origin of love was a fab opener though. His one French song was Elle Me Dit which he almost apologised for singing. Also find that funny since there is an English version, although I think he said he dislikes it (and it changes the meaning of the song from being about his mum).

I get the lack of French in a UK show since we are mostly monolingual plebeians, but I wish he felt confident to bring out some more songs from MNIMH, NPIH, Origin etc and not like he was just a nostalgia act. But still, enormous fun and I hope he comes back soon!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ruth said:

btw what and where is mfctoo? 

27 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Mikafanclubtoo  - it's another account of Mika Fan Club on Instagram.

It’s an account that is used for fan-takeovers, so usually there is a different fan for every gig to post stories from the queue, within the venue (merch stand for example) and from the gig itself. 

Will there be a fan-takeover for London and Dublin, though @dcdeb? Since you will be there, I assume not necessarily? (Although it would be funny to post the same songs from different perspectives :wink2:)

Edited by holdingyourdrink
  • Thanks 2

I've just gotten home & will edit & upload my photos later. The evening was amazing 🥰 and Mika outdid himself (like every-time really!) though I was sad that the Faraday cage & the new French songs didn't make an appearance... I think they actually ran out of time at the end (11pm, Sunday Rules!), as he ran out from behind the curtain, but the lights had already partially gone on & people were leaving (thinking that it had ended). We were waiting as he left in the car but he wasn't talking as he was resting his voice. Saving it for London no doubt 🙂

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AmelieCharlotte said:

I've just gotten home & will edit & upload my photos later. The evening was amazing 🥰 and Mika outdid himself (like every-time really!) though I was sad that the Faraday cage & the new French songs didn't make an appearance... I think they actually ran out of time at the end (11pm, Sunday Rules!), as he ran out from behind the curtain, but the lights had already partially gone on & people were leaving (thinking that it had ended). We were waiting as he left in the car but he wasn't talking as he was resting his voice. Saving it for London no doubt 🙂

I was wondering that, or if he was just messing around! I was about to go back to my seat! I assumed it was a real ending though as the lights went back on and music was playing, which didn’t happen at the encore.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Fleeples said:

I was wondering that, or if he was just messing around! I was about to go back to my seat! I assumed it was a real ending though as the lights went back on and music was playing, which didn’t happen at the encore.

He usually introduces the band members at the end, or at some point, which he didn't this time.

I assumed that the lights went on as the venues get heavily fined if they break the terms of their music license. Just my train of thought - but I think Mika was going to come back out, but with the lights coming on & people leaving, it would have been carnage if he had, & people tried to head back in.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

MIKA

Manchester you made me emotional and I don’t often say that, but the spirit of last night’s gig was a rare thing. I
am so grateful that we had such a special moment together.
Thank you. You were simply remarkable. ❤️💙🙏X
Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 4

PRESS

Mancunian Matters

https://www.mancunianmatters.co.uk/entertainment/08042024-mika-sets-the-stage-alight-with-sensational-euro-pop-show/

8 April 2024

Mika sets the stage alight with sensational Euro-pop show

Pop singer Mika hit the O2 Apollo stage in a feast for the eyes and soul last night with a theatrical performance that lit the venue up. 

The international pop-sensation brought his ‘Apocalypse Calipso’ tour to Manchester – his first musical performance in the city for 12 years. 

And his much anticipated return delivered in every aspect. 

As the audience quickly filled the historic venue they were treated to a DJ set playing classics from ABBA, Fleetwood Mac and Sophie Ellis-Bexter among other club classics. 

The set juxtaposed Mika’s live performance in its stoicism but sufficed in warming the crowd up for what was to come. 

Mika, 40, who was born in Lebanon, burst onto the stage with his 2012 hit ‘Origin of Love’ in what would be the first of seven outfits of the night. The singer donned an entirely red suit with a black bow tie, as he began what would be an evening of emphatic dancing. 

His energy infectious from the moment the spotlight hit him, Mika willed the audience to let go and have the time of their lives for the evening calling them ‘deliciously mad’ and inciting them to let loose. 

The mood in the venue truly shifted when the singer descended into the audience during his classic hit ‘Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)’.

Comic and British icon Jo Brand introduced the song via a VT and Mika promptly stormed undeterred through the unruly audience.

IMG_6776.thumb.jpg.ba491f76b8bb90ef889caa9675851d12.jpg

The Brit award winner truly gave into the moment and let himself be consumed by the enamor presented by those that surrounded him. 

Making his way up to the gods, Mika arrived at the front of the seated area in front of a young girl.

He announced: “You are the future” as they counted in the reprise of Big Girl together in a special moment. 

It was at this point that the audience gave in to the chaos of the concert, Mika had demonstrated his commitment to his performance and was rewarded with a crowd that adored his every move. 

The singer often remarked anecdotes before a song that added a personal touch to performances that were already emotionally charged. 

He started his only song of the evening performed in French ‘Elle me dit’ by sharing with the audience that the song is about his mum not understanding who he was when he was younger. 

As the song reached its climax Mika announced that his response to his mother’s scepticism surrounding his career, that they should just dance.

And dance Mika’s mum did. 

The singer later said last time he was in Manchester his mum stood near the bar at the back of the room dancing her heart out. 

Mika treated his audience to his hit with Ariana Grande – ‘Popular song’ which he had previously not been performing on this tour.

As the show came to its finale, Mika brought out his plethora of hits from the start of his career, the infamous ‘Grace Kelly’ was perhaps the best-received song of the evening. 

But it was during ‘Happy Ending’ that finally Mika’s bravado broke when he said “for the first time in a very long time, you have made me emotional,” after what can only be described as a chorus of people chanting the star’s name. 

It was a display of humanity from what had been up until that point a high energy, massively camp performance. 

Mika’s performance was matched by elaborate set design and lighting production that took the show to another level. 

Each song was paired with an accompanying video tape that played in the background, enhancing the show to be a visual feast for the eyes. 

Not least, Mika punctuated his songs with pyrotechnics that often surprised him as well as the audience when they shot into the air.

And as the crowd filtered out of the venue after Mika had left the stage, rave reviews could be heard from the audience as they excitedly chatted among themselves.

Jessie Waring, who attended the gig with her mum, said: “I expected a lot coming into the show but that was more incredible than I ever could have imagined.

“He did every song I wanted him to and more, I was thrilled!” 

It is clear to see why Mika has remained a celebrated and successful character in the music industry for over 15 years, his songs fill you with nostalgia and his concerts centre on making sure the audience have a fantastic time.

And for that reason it is worth every penny to go and see this beautifully chaotic concert live. 

Mika continues his international tour with dates in London and Dublin before heading to France for the summer.

mika-feature-970x605.thumb.jpg.a43e4ba08e313dd185b536f5a8b8273a.jpg 

mika-crowd-2.thumb.jpg.cb6d5c1ae3f85ecb5e659c8bd06c7bf9.jpg

grace-kelly-mika-2-1152x1536.thumb.jpg.38a8ecdef5264f74db989365126de250.jpg

IMG_6775-1.thumb.jpg.248aa1c27342bcf95041e711dca1950d.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, AmelieCharlotte said:

He usually introduces the band members at the end, or at some point, which he didn't this time.

I assumed that the lights went on as the venues get heavily fined if they break the terms of their music license. Just my train of thought - but I think Mika was going to come back out, but with the lights coming on & people leaving, it would have been carnage if he had, & people tried to head back in.

Oh, well now I feel I was robbed! I wonder what he was planning to sing... He did gesture to each band member pre-encore but didn't say names. Yeah, they do have 11pm curfew and it was 10:55 or similar.

• Like 1

@CharlotteL

According this press review

32 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

The singer often remarked anecdotes before a song that added a personal touch to performances that were already emotionally charged. 

He started his only song of the evening performed in French ‘Elle me dit’ by sharing with the audience that the song is about his mum not understanding who he was when he was younger. 

As the song reached its climax Mika announced that his response to his mother’s scepticism surrounding his career, that they should just dance.

The singer later said last time he was in Manchester his mum stood near the bar at the back of the room dancing her heart out. 

Mika treated his audience to his hit with Ariana Grande – ‘Popular song’ which he had previously not been performing on this tour.

As the show came to its finale, Mika brought out his plethora of hits from the start of his career, the infamous ‘Grace Kelly’ was perhaps the best-received song of the evening. 

But it was during ‘Happy Ending’ that finally Mika’s bravado broke when he said “for the first time in a very long time, you have made me emotional,” after what can only be described as a chorus of people chanting the star’s name. 

He started his only song of the evening performed in French ‘Elle me dit’ by sharing with the audience that the song is about his mum not understanding who he was when he was younger

Unfortunately, we don't have any vids of Elle Me Dit ( Manchester Ritz, UK  on 14 Dec. 2012 ).:no:

• Like 2