what do you know bout him?

Emma<3mika

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that it's really relevant to his music, but he is openly gay.

There's an article about it here.

Well, I don't see a bit about him being openly gay. It wouldn't be a problem if he were but I don't see a single quote reading "I am gay" or mention of a boyfriend so nothing goes. It's like reading the reports saying he's camp (flamboyant but not gay) and saying, well he must be straight! Until we hear it from his mouth or his actualy borfriend or girlfriend that he is or isn't gay, we can't know.

Most importantly, he's always going to be Mika soooooo it isn't really of any importance to anyone but Mika and his chosen lover.

Wait, question

So I've heard his real name is Mica Penniman, and I've just found on Wiki it's 'Michael Holbrook Penniman.'

can anyone confirm which it is?

Don't trust everything Wiki says or anything for that matter, without having another source to back it up because anyone can edit it.

I can tell you, straight from Mica's mouth, its wrong. He said himself that it was a misquote or typo made a while back. His father is Michael, he was born Mica and later changed it to Mika - likely for pronunciation reasons. :wink2:

Don't trust everything Wiki says or anything for that matter, without having another source to back it up because anyone can edit it.

I can tell you, straight from Mica's mouth, its wrong. He said himself that it was a misquote or typo made a while back. His father is Michael, he was born Mica and later changed it to Mika - likely for pronunciation reasons. :wink2:

That's what I thought. I think I remember reading on the board his dad was Michael, and I know it was the guy here from Gay and Night who said Mika put the 'my name's ****ing Mika' so emphasized was because people weren't sure how to say Micas

And btw, just because it's from a gay.com/theadvocate/out.com or whatever doesn't always mean the person's gay... (I'm pretty sure all the guys from Queer as Folk were in one of those magazines at one time and all but three cast members were heteros)

Well, I know Mika likes Warner cartoons and The Simpsons (I remember he said that in an interview w/Alouod.com. It is a good interview). So do I. I think it really is a cleaver idea to use cartoons.

Does anybody know his birthday? It would be nice if we can send him thousands of artistic cards with cartoons, and then he can have great party with his characters and birthday cards from us! Of course I will be more than happy to send him whatever the Japanese toys he likes!

Not that it's really relevant to his music, but he is openly gay.

There's an article about it here.

There's nothing in that article that would say he is gay! :blink:

There is said that he is a little bit gay, which as far as I understood means he's a camp. It had nothing to do with this man's sexuality! :roftl:

yeah....can you imagine if he came here with a secret nick name, that would be crazy, lol.

Haha, I had that thought today... grazy! :naughty: He could be anyone of us! :glasses2: Haha! :lmao:

Ok, I think he has some other things to do than stalk here... But if u see this Mika, stalk from the bottom of your heart!!! It would be great!!

lol, no way! how random. i bought one in hong kong when i was 9, but it broke when i came back home. :(

how did you know that?

He had it in the super cute interview i saw in Finnish tv... :wub2:

Oh, and I have some information too... He has a tamagotchi! :wink2:

yes i was going to ask about it. I realised it from several photos:wub2: , like this one:

S7000689.jpg

aislinn hope you dont mind me borrowing this lovely picture for the topic!

yes i was going to ask about it. I realised it from several photos:wub2: , like this one:

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t272/aislinnlollipop/Team%20Newcastle/S7000689.jpg

aislinn hope you dont mind me borrowing this lovely picture for the topic!

Hmm... I wonder if he does take a good care of it.. :mf_lustslow: I want to know what kind of tamagotchi it is... I mean a dog? a cat? a turtle?

i love mika' date=' like i am sure alo of other, but i am intrested in knowing more about him..so fire away?

anyone know if he is gay?[/quote']

[*]we dont know if he is. even if we knew we wouldnt care.

[*]his mother is lebanese and father is american.[*]he is the middle child in a family of 5.

[*]has an older sister Yasmine(Da Wack), older brother Fortune, younger sisters Paloma and Allegra.

[*]he has OCD and takes an hour to make a cup of tea!:naughty[*]his whole family sometimes goes with him to his gigs.extra info

[*]we watch Grace Kelly vid in between breaks on the smart board at college.:woot_jump:

[*]i scream when i hear it played on radio:blush-anim-cl:

[*]i have every MIKA picture i can get hold of pasted all over

my room wall.

:thumb_yello: does it actually matter what Mika is...as long as he is himself and he is happy and carries on giving us such wonderful music and stage performances, he can be anything he wants to be,,,,,, also I think he should continue to keep people guessing, at least that way he stays a talking point...and that's good:thumb_yello:

Ok, so I've come a cross a lot of people discrediting other people's questions because they have nothing to do with the music. I see a lot of that on this board, where people will discuss his brothers, sisters, back up band etc, but when it comes to a touchy subject, they'll just say "It has nothin to do with how good his music is so dont ask" ... well why not? Everything else is discussed... whether he is gay or straight doesn't change the fact that the music is great and we've all bought the album and will go see the show... but the fact of the matter is, esp for some of us north americans, sex sells.. doesnt matter who ur selling to, it SELLS... prime example is how fast Perez hilton started promoting mika, as Perez generally does with those he believes to be gay. I don't have a problem with it, but once people are around in the public eye, their fans tend to ask questions, especially about a topic that is so often discussed in the media, its a curious subject. Whether he is gay or straight doesnt change the music, yes, but it doesnt disqualify the legitimacy of discussing a certain subject.

On a side note, I sometimes get the feeling that some ppl are crushing on him and if he were to come out in a certain way that wasn't "favourable" (guy has a crush and mika is straight/girl has a crush and mika is gay) ... they'd be very sad. I'll be honest.. hes hot.. if he was gay my hot night with mika dream would be crushed haha!

He has a tamagotchi!?!? :mf_lustslow: That is so cool, I loved those so much! I had cats and dogs and all sorts! Those little things were ace! I didn't know we could still get them :shocked: Lucky one, isn't he =| I'll have to ask him where he gets it or if he could pick me up one =P

Whether he is gay or straight doesnt change the music, yes, but it doesnt disqualify the legitimacy of discussing a certain subject.

On a side note, I sometimes get the feeling that some ppl are crushing on him and if he were to come out in a certain way that wasn't "favourable" (guy has a crush and mika is straight/girl has a crush and mika is gay) ... they'd be very sad. I'll be honest.. hes hot.. if he was gay my hot night with mika dream would be crushed haha!

Well said. Iknow that many people ask the "are they?/aren't they?" questions. I agree that it should not matter so long as the music is good and the person is not doing anything unlawful in their personal life.

To add my two cents,I don't care what he prefers. He is an amazing spirit and I hope that when he finally choses to disclose that sort of personal information people will still listen to his music and love him for who he is.

and yes.. he is very hot. I'm not a corpse,I can admitt it... but I'm rational about it. If he wound up being gay that would make him hotter TO ME at least. ;D