Is lollipop girl a bore or a whore?

Mika Mad

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol I find it utterly funny that you all focus on those two words, as to me it's just a tiny little thing compared to the tremendously nauty part of the song: "suckin' too hard on your lollipop..." lol... and it's supposed to be for his young sister !!!!! :shocked:

Has anybody tried to check who Serge Gainsbourg was? Mika mentions him very often... this genious was french, the naughtiest french ever but the most talented too...

The one of funniest/naughiest (almost nastiest) thing Serge did was to write a song called "les sucettes" for France Gall...

She's been hiding for months when she realized what Serge had make her sing... :blush-anim-cl: And even the "scopitone" (the ancestor of video) is REALLY suggestive, be prepared if you want to have a look, nobody's naked... but considering the situation, it may be even worse lol.

(there is a translation of the song, plus the video on a link Eir offered me :):)) THANKS EIR, MY DEAR DEAR FRIEND !!!!!

Eir tell me if I may give the link or if it's too suggestive for some young fans here... you will know I trust you.

I know I know, now the song shows another dimention. You'll never be able to listen to it without laughing... how familly friendly indeed :roftl: He's soooooooooooo clever: he's refering to something only french people will understand... and mentions it in english so the French won't get it so nobody's gonna censor him !lol! But he didn't know I'd be there to explain ;) LOL

Oh I'm sooooooooo very hilarious, I love this witty witty guy !!!

Sophie ;) xxxx

• 8 months later...
In the booklet with the CD the lyrics are given as

"She's a player and a downright bore"

but I'm sure that Mika sings

"She's a player and a downright whore"

Do you think that it's a mistake or is it deliberate?

-it certainly makes it easier for me to explain the words to my young daughter!

yeah of course it's whore...as soon as he can Mika syas "whore",ever noticed?? or hooker also...(he was once a whore in HJ, a downright whore here etc) he must love this word a lot...it's a strong powerful word to use in lyrics and god knows how his lyrics are powerful...the way he sings whore is beautiful, when I say that the guy can turn anything naughty ino sthg pretty...

On the cd..I hear it as "bore"

Live..."whore".:blink:

I think that's on purpose.

Live he can sing whatever he wants to, but recorded songs should probably be... I dunno, more decent or something.

I noticed that in Holy Johnny he also sings 'you're pretty but you're also a bore'. Somehow the word whore wouldn't sound out of place there either. :naughty:

When I first heard 'bore' on Lollipop, my first thought was, 'shouldn't that be whore?' :bleh:

I first hear the Radio 2 versions and that's what my family got used to watching/listening to and by the time I bought the CD, my 2 year old had already learned the alternate lyric. So although i try and sing bore around her, SHE sings whore! Sounds so wrong coming out of the mouth of such a tiny tot!