The Martin Waugh Thread

meimei88

I thought it would be nice to dedicate a thread to each of Mika’s band, they are so fabulous and talented in their own right! :punk:

It will also help when they are lurking on the fanclub (because we all know they do!), to see all our wonderful comments about them! :groupwave:

So get posting! What do we know about them, where have they been?

Show us your photos with them!

Martin Waugh

1532937739_l.jpg

Here is my pic with him!

normal_CIMG2185.JPG

Here is a snippet from his MySpace

Father, husband, guitarist. Live and love music. Been lucky so far to have worked with some great people and long may it continue. Been playing guitar since I was ten (think I would have mastered it by now!) Played with my Dad in pubs and clubs of Scotland when I was a nipper. I was always inspired by the fact that he had played the lead guitar riffs on "Where My Rosemary Goes" and "Yellow River".... two awesome Pop records in their day! In recent years I have toured and recorded with people such as The Swans, Sophie Ellis Bexter, Kristian Leontiou/ One Eskimo, and im am currently working with MIKA.

I love his energy on stage!! and such a nice guy!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hehe I love Martin :D I've got a pic from Bafly I'll post it tomorrow. I've also got a vid of the start of Ring Ring when he messed it up, which is quite funny (tho a shame for him of course, poor Martin) I'll upload that too... hehe

I feel bad that Cherisse is the only one everybody talk about... Not that she doesn't deserve it, but well... The others too !!

I have nothing to say about them since i never met them... :bleh:

But i put their thread on top again !! Not on the 3rd thread page :thumb_yello:

hes also another cutie... all of the band are total cuties!!

he looks like he has so much fun on stage and appriciates everything.... unfortunatly he came out at the same time as mika from the manchester gig so obviously all of my time was spent on the lurvely mika so i didnt get chance to chat to him :(

Another lovely "band members" thread!

I met and spoke with Marti outside The Cockpit after the gig last week (28th Feb) at Leeds, he is delightful and seemed very surprised that anyone would ask to have a photo taken with him!

I also loved his singing with Mika on "Over My Shoulder", lovely voice.

Congratulations to him and his wife on their forthcoming "happy event", all the best with the new baby Martin.

:) I caught him as he came out of the loos at the KOKO After Party (not that I was waiting outside the loos or anything :P) I was trying to get a good view of Mika and Brian May from the top of the stairs :P

I was well chuffed to get a photo with him! :)

Congrats to the new dad!!

• 5 weeks later...

Martin was wonderful yesterday !! I must admit he and Cherisse are my fav... :mf_lustslow::naughty::thumb_yello:

He was simply ace... And those who read my review in the Concert and gigs section know what i think about the Love Today final :punk: :punk: :punk: They were both fantastic !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

SUBLIIIIIIIIIIIIME Martin at Shepherd's Bush yesterday... And of course, Love Today finale... Can't say anything to describe it !! WAOW !!! I was so excited from my level 3 i almost fell over to level 2 :biggrin2:

I'm in love with Martin's guitarring :bleh::wub2:

• 1 month later...

*bump* i'm surprised this thread isn't that popular :shocked:

i truly hope to meet Martin in paris. i have to admit i have a weakness for him:wub2: he's so great at the guitar and so talented in both singing and playing. last time in milano he ran away, but this time he won't escape:naughty: at least i hope so!:biggrin2:

I was thinking the same earlier today about Martins thread.....also Micheals thread they are pretty small....

i was at work listening to Sweet dreams cover this morning doing a bit of air guitar and just thinking tomyself Wow Martin is a BRILLIANT guitarist!!! :cool:

I was thinking the same earlier today about Martins thread.....also Micheals thread they are pretty small....

i was at work listening to Sweet dreams cover this morning doing a bit of air guitar and just thinking tomyself Wow Martin is a BRILLIANT guitarist!!! :cool:

you're right, martin is BRILLIANT! i especially love him playing Holy Johnny (i so love that song!!), and the solo part during Over My Shoulder...oh and during Stuck in the Middle as well!

you're right, martin is BRILLIANT! i especially love him playing Holy Johnny (i so love that song!!), and the solo part during Over My Shoulder...oh and during Stuck in the Middle as well!

I totally agree with you -- the band is amazing, and Martin especially does an amazing job of keeping up with Mika!

Sadly, I didn't get to meet him on Tuesday in DC... will have to keep my hopes up for a fall US tour! :wink2:

dcdeb

Perhaps Martin reads the forums.....we should tell him to hang around for ten minutes with us after the concerts we just want to thank him personally for being great ....perhaps he is scared of us :biggrin2:

*which i wouldnt blame him after seeing us* :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

I saw him going in for the Birmingham gig said hi but that was about it. Also got my nice sweaty hug and kiss on stage :P And he was in the same room after the gig that me and Sara were in but I didn't even realise until afterwards because I was too busy gawping at Mika :blink:

I saw him going in for the Birmingham gig said hi but that was about it. Also got my nice sweaty hug and kiss on stage :P And he was in the same room after the gig that me and Sara were in but I didn't even realise until afterwards because I was too busy gawping at Mika :blink:

i remember you telling about him hugging you!:roftl: and i can understand you: it was the first time mika was shirtless so, and i think you were too busy to force yourself not to jump over him!:biggrin2:

Bex you're right, we really should tell him to wait for us...hope glasgow will be the perfect day for everyhitng we're planning! *dreams*

welll i dont think he will be hanging around at Glasgow i guess he will be wanting to head home for a bit with his family being so close to his home and all :wink2:

Awwww, i love Martin! He's such a sweetie -and a bloody brilliant guitarist!! :naughty::thumb_yello:

I met Martin at Birmingham on the way out, so had a photo in the street outside just after he spoke to Cherisse and Mika on the phone.

He was very charming and funny and i think he looks gorgeous in my pic. :blush-anim-cl:

PICT0096.jpg