meimei88

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think that Mika asked him to wear it, yes. But that's just my opinion.:wink2:

Well I don't know about the rest of the costume, but in Paris, I told him I liked the hat he was wearing with the flower in it, the plantpot hat I called it, and asked if he was wearing it in Amsterdam. He said he hoped so, as he really liked it too, but there were going to be different costume changes, so he didn't know.

i loved reading all the things all of you write.. :bleh:

Cherisse is impossible to replace! I doubt there is anyone that can play the drums as well as her!

Cherisse is so talented! i can`t imagine the show without her..

Maybe he got sick of dressing like that. To be honest, to me it would be one thing dressing in animal costumes at the end, but completely another to be dressed as a clown throughout the gig.

I think it's kind of demeaning, considering his talent.

ummmm.. i was probably a obligatory thing the costumes and so.. but i don`t think he had left mika for that..

i loved reading all the things all of you write.. :bleh:

Cherisse is so talented! i can`t imagine the show without her..

ummmm.. i was probably a obligatory thing the costumes and so.. but i don`t think he had left mika for that..

I don't think he left Mika for that at all.

The fact is that Mika doesn't need a guitarist at the moment, so Martin goes and finds another gig, I imagine.

Martin may like wearing those silly costumes, but from my point of view, I didn't much like looking at them and I certainly wouldn't want to wear one, so I say it may be a factor.

And it's only my opinion.

I don't think he left Mika for that at all.

The fact is that Mika doesn't need a guitarist at the moment, so Martin goes and finds another gig, I imagine.

Martin may like wearing those silly costumes, but from my point of view, I didn't much like looking at them and I certainly wouldn't want to wear one, so I say it may be a factor.

And it's only my opinion.

just for the record, after one drink or two, i'd even wear that costume! :naughty:

I've always been led to believe (and I am fairly sure of that myself) that the clothes that the band wear on stage are not picked by them, but by the Mika/sisters/mum combo...And this is consistent with Martin's comment to Rose where he 'hoped' that he'd wear that hat again, but it was obviously not his decision.

Oh and I agree with Bab about them looking a bit silly sometimes...especially the clown outfit :roftl:. But again, that is just my own opinion...A bit like how i find those flowers all over the stage too 'kitsch' and that they seriously impede one's view!!!

I agree about the costumes being a bit demeaning. Everyone assumes that Mika's band like all this Mika stuff but I can't imagine they do. They're just normal guys after all. And Martin particularly...he's older and has a family. This can't possibly be his scene.

Remember this is not what they signed up for initially. The band used to just wear plain jeans and simple off-the-rack shirts.

I've always been led to believe (and I am fairly sure of that myself) that the clothes that the band wear on stage are not picked by them, but by the Mika/sisters/mum combo...And this is consistent with Martin's comment to Rose where he 'hoped' that he'd wear that hat again, but it was obviously not his decision.

Oh and I agree with Bab about them looking a bit silly sometimes...especially the clown outfit :roftl:. But again, that is just my own opinion...A bit like how i find those flowers all over the stage too 'kitsch' and that they seriously impede one's view!!!

you are right about the flowers blocking the view... i was 2nd row & i couldn't see cherisse most of the time, til she came out for love today. i find they added colors to the stage, but i would have rather seen cherisse

I agree about the costumes being a bit demeaning. Everyone assumes that Mika's band like all this Mika stuff but I can't imagine they do. They're just normal guys after all. And Martin particularly...he's older and has a family. This can't possibly be his scene.

Remember this is not what they signed up for initially. The band used to just wear plain jeans and simple off-the-rack shirts.

He's not older, he's younger than me :sneaky2:- Are you calling ME old here? :naughty:

But yes, the point that this was not the case initially, when they were just dressed like 'normal' people, and then it evolved to all these weird clothes can't be something that they enjoy, especially Martin and Luke I would say.

I can only imagine the slating that they would take from their friends!!

Not even Mika himself dresses in all that gear when he's off stage- Why would he expect others to be into it even 'on stage'?

One thing that I'd think is probably safe to say, is that Martin much prefers the 'normal' clothes that he gets to wear with Lily :roftl:.

He's not older, he's younger than me :sneaky2:- Are you calling ME old here? :naughty:

I mean he's not into the Mika stuff because he's older than Mika. Although IMO Mika is also far too old to be interested in plastic jewellery and clown costumes...but that's another story.

One thing that I'd think is probably safe to say, is that Martin much prefers the 'normal' clothes that he gets to wear with Lily :roftl:.

Yeah it's a bit sad that I had to watch a dozen videos to make sure it was Martin because I barely recognize him in normal clothes anymore.

I mean he's not into the Mika stuff because he's older than Mika. Although IMO Mika is also far too old to be interested in plastic jewellery and clown costumes...but that's another story.

I know :naughty:- Just took the chance to make a joke. But I agree. And I think that nobody over the age of 12 should be interested in clown costumes, unless they are professional clowns.

Which, again, is not something that I'm into, but hey.

Yeah it's a bit sad that I had to watch a dozen videos to make sure it was Martin because I barely recognize him in normal clothes anymore.

Yes, that is quite sad :roftl:. It is a shame though if Mika loses him, because they had such an incredible chemistry, and I'm certain that Mika would miss him on stage.

I would even dare to say that he'd be the only current band member that he would find hard to replace, and that would be a 'real' loss to him, especially when it comes to their personal relationship.

But, again, these is just opinions, opinions.......:wink2:

my opinion is that they are all professionists..and they just do what they are asked for and maybe maybe they even enjoy it....:wink2:

but who knows? even asked, i'm sure they would not tell the truth to the first asking them!:naughty:

they seemed to have fun on stage anyway, at least when i had the chance to see them (behind the flowers :mf_rosetinted:)

I don't think wearing that kind of costume is such an important thing to leave Mika's band.

Maybe it wasn't Martin's decision to wear it, but I think he really enjoyed.

:thumb_yello:

I guess the costume idea probably comes from Mika, but also that they should have agreed to wear that outfit. I don´t think he’d make them wear something they don’t feel comfortable with, if they just wouldn’t want to…

:wink2:

I don't think wearing that kind of costume is such an important thing to leave Mika's band.

Maybe it wasn't Martin's decision to wear it, but I think he really enjoyed.

Nobody's saying that Martin has left Mika's band because of the costumes...

In fact we're all saying that 'if' he has left (because we don't know, all that we know is that he's now playing with Lily), it's most likely due to the fact that he needs to work, and Mika has not been toruing (hence, needing him) for a long time. He may not even tour at all this year, you just don't know.

The man has a family to support, a job that he enjoys, and it's not fair if he has to be sitting at home waiting until Mika is ready to tour again.

This would be the same if he had been with another artist, it's not just to do with Mika. Artists tour on and off, and obviously they don't need their band all the time.

Unless Martin was getting paid for being at home for a year, which I realistically can't see happening, he would be 'leaving' the band in order to play with other artists.

It's just a job, at the end of the day :thumb_yello:.

On a different note, nobody besides Martin himself (and let's face it, he won't be saying it publicly if he doesn't like it) "knows" if he enjoys wearing the costumes.

I guess the costume idea probably comes from Mika, but also that they should have agreed to wear that outfit. I don´t think he’d make them wear something they don’t feel comfortable with, if they just wouldn’t want to…

We don't know. But at the end of the day, Mika is the boss and everyone does what he says, comfortable with it or not. That's just how it is.

I don't think that he holds a referendum every time that he's considering a new costume or clothes change :crybaby:

Edited by sariflor

I agree :thumb_yello:

I think it's more important to feel comfortable on stage, no matter the costume, so I think if some of them isn't comfortable with an outfit, Mika won't force them.

I agree :thumb_yello:

I think it's more important to feel comfortable on stage, no matter the costume, so I think if some of them isn't comfortable with an outfit, Mika won't force them.

I'm pretty sure that if Mika wants a certain look to present on stage, thats what happens. It must be a prerequisite from the start with the band members, if they aren't happy to go along with it, he'll get someone who will.

After all, it is his show.

In fact we're all saying that 'if' he has left (because we don't know, all that we know is that he's now playing with Lily), it's most likely due to the fact that he needs to work, and Mika has not been toruing (hence, needing him) for a long time. He may not even tour at all this year, you just don't know.

The man has a family to support, a job that he enjoys, and it's not fair if he has to be sitting at home waiting until Mika is ready to tour again.

Yes, I thin that's the real reason, and I hope Martin join the band when Mika starts touring again.

We don't know. But at the end of the day, Mika is the boss and everyone does what he says, comfortable with it or not. That's just how it is.

I don't think that he holds a referendum every time that he's considering a new costume or clothes change :crybaby:

Well, not a referendum, but I think they can give their opinion and Mika takes it into consideration.

Anyway, I think the band members enjoy it as much as Mika does.

I guess they see it a part of the show, and it doesn't suppose a problem for them.

Well, not a referendum, but I think they can give their opinion and Mika takes it into consideration.

Anyway, I think the band members enjoy it as much as Mika does.

I guess they see it a part of the show, and it doesn't suppose a problem for them.

He hired musicians, not puppets. In my opinion, he can ask anything of them musically/artistically speaking, but not make them play dressed up as firefighters…

Unless it WAS a prerequisite from the start, of course.

Or they just find it funny…

As already said, we do not know...

I'm pretty sure that if Mika wants a certain look to present on stage, thats what happens. It must be a prerequisite from the start with the band members, if they aren't happy to go along with it, he'll get someone who will.

After all, it is his show.

Exactly. Let's get real here. Mika is the boss. We do what our bosses tell us and don't get into debates with them about our basic job requirements. It's not a question of whether Mika would force his performers to wear something against their will because he probably doesn't know or particularly care what their preferences are.

If Martin is a professional I'm sure he doesn't go around pouting about not liking a costume no matter how he feels about it. I would prefer to wear pajamas to work but I put on my work clothes and make the best of it because that's what's expected of me in my job.