OK... I just wanna say WTF?

Ioana stop stalking Mikey xP leave the dwarf alone :P

PS

you've missed me much? ^__^

nico thx for the tip! ;)

COME IN!

We've been expecting you:naughty:

What took you so long???

I think he's very controlling to begin with. And he's also attached to his family that's why they are so involved in the decision making process. They probably are the only ones he trusts

Wouldn't want Mika as my superior :mf_rosetinted:

oh, that's not a mystery. mika himself says he's a control freak. :naughty:

COME IN!

We've been expecting you:naughty:

What took you so long???

hahahaha...really? I'm extremelly busy these days :thumbdown:

I bet you get notification emails when martin gets bumped :mf_rosetinted:

wouldn't it be such a happy day? The trip of no return :naughty:

you see? that's where you're wrong- I do not get notifications xP and yes- neverending story-trip would be nice...he could take his little Sunshine (*cough*and shove it*cough*) with him :D

Why do you guys know quotes I don't? :roftl:

because we're older than you kiddo :P

you see? that's where you're wrong- I do not get notifications xP and yes- neverending story-trip would be nice...he could take his little Sunshine (*cough*and shove it*cough*) with him :D

because we're older than you kiddo :P

how i've missed you,beloved old hag :huglove:

oh so you just stalk... I see :mf_rosetinted:

The taking little sunshine deal may actually prove to be pleasurable :roftl::roftl:

hahahaha I think you might be right... LMAO

missed you two and three and even four xD

I'll be going now...there is nothing for me right here now....

be back in several months! take care my lovely friends!

xx

xx

DON'T GO!!!

Ingie was looking for you yesterday, about a trip she might be taking.

xx

Great,I shall see you soon then :mf_rosetinted:

Did you get that magical text of mine? I know you're not a replier

I think he's very controlling to begin with. And he's also attached to his family that's why they are so involved in the decision making process. They probably are the only ones he trusts

I agree. As an example, in the PDP dvd like Christine mentioned, when he is checking with Yasming if the head dress will 'work'. He's not checking with Sara, but with his sister, who's also part of the 'creative process'

That is exactly what I mean.

I think she meant it in the way that if you read you may find out more about why Luke is no longer in the band,not in the sense of "I know it all". But there is some information there that's right.

I'm sure we don't know it all. Maybe not even Luke knows it all

Well, thank you for this Ioana, it's exactly what it was. Of course I won't sit here and claim to 'know it all', or in fact to know anything.

What I'm trying to stress is that nobody knows Mika or the circumstances in which Luke was let go, to make the statement that 'Mika sees his band as more than just musicians', and that 'the xmas video was an example of that'.

Incidentally, that video was very old, as we discussed when it was posted, so it's actually very strange that it was posted now.

Regarding the Lukegate, I think that we discussed that to saciety, and I am not keen to start that all over again. Water under the bridge and all that :original:

we all do

:mf_rosetinted:

Ooooh... I don't!

Now, that might be the reason why Mika hasn't returned... Mum reckons we scared him off!

i'd be very sad to see other band members go as well: one for instance is martin, but it's likely it'll happen and I'm afraid we cannot do much but get used to the fact as an artist develop, his career choices, his sound even changes and if those things match our tastes, we'll stay (like every fan do for his/her own celeb), otherwise some of us will move to other fandoms, along the way.

Sad as it is, it's true... I would hate to see Martin go, but he needs the money... I doubt Mika pays him that much that he can sit around at home doing nothing for a year...

oh ! good find christine!

wow! i always thought he'd be the constant one in mika's band.

that really makes me think about the acoustic tour now. i always figured that martin would be there... he always is during the acoustics sessions.

i suppose it doesn't mean that he won't be there.

maybe martin was only with lily because it was an acoustic session?

I always imagined Martin as the acoustic person...

Maybe he got sick of dressing like that. To be honest, to me it would be one thing dressing in animal costumes at the end, but completely another to be dressed as a clown throughout the gig.

I think it's kind of demeaning, considering his talent.

He does look kind of cute, but at the time I thought "Why the hell is Mika dressing him up like that? He looks adorable without all that!"

Cherisse is so talented! i can`t imagine the show without her..

Neither can I... She adds so much to the show, it would seem empty without her...

I agree about the costumes being a bit demeaning. Everyone assumes that Mika's band like all this Mika stuff but I can't imagine they do. They're just normal guys after all. And Martin particularly...he's older and has a family. This can't possibly be his scene.

Remember this is not what they signed up for initially. The band used to just wear plain jeans and simple off-the-rack shirts.

I always liked his normal clothes...

This pic I love...

london-22.jpg

And this one is hot as well...

Martin95.jpg

However Martin looks ridiculous in this one...

untitled1.jpg

Yeah it's a bit sad that I had to watch a dozen videos to make sure it was Martin because I barely recognize him in normal clothes anymore.

I don't recognise Martin dressed up... lucky me! :das:

In fact we're all saying that 'if' he has left (because we don't know, all that we know is that he's now playing with Lily), it's most likely due to the fact that he needs to work, and Mika has not been toruing (hence, needing him) for a long time. He may not even tour at all this year, you just don't know.

The man has a family to support, a job that he enjoys, and it's not fair if he has to be sitting at home waiting until Mika is ready to tour again.

If he has moved on this is likely to be the reason why... I doubt that Martin would be silly enough to quit because he was being paid to wear silly costumes...

Yes, of course Mika is the boss, but I can't see him so bossy to do that kind of things...

I don't know, I reckon he is... and like everyone has said, it's his show after all... and I doubt he'd quit over wearing silly costumes...

I haven't read the full thread but, sincerely, I don't think any of you have the right information (above all, if the reason is related to something bad).

Apparently he told some people that he wouldn't be seen in July cause they didn't want him anymore... there's a video floating around somewhere and he said that...

OK... I just wanna say WTF?

Ioana stop stalking Mikey xP leave the dwarf alone :P

PS

you've missed me much? ^__^

nico thx for the tip! ;)

No probs... I thought you'd appreciate being told...

And yes, we've missed you!!!

xx

Awwwww... byes!

We'll miss you!

Right...so in conclusion Martin loves what he wore on stage and artists don't tell their musicians what to do. So I guess that means the next time I go to a Lily Allen gig I can expect to see Martin in a clown costume?

Come on people, can we step out of this lollipops and rainbows fantasy land for 5 minutes? Maybe Mika lives there on occasion but the rest of the world does not. The boss analogy is not only correct, it's not even an analogy. He IS the boss and he (and the people under him) tells his performers what to do and what to wear on stage. We've seen plenty of evidence of this and have seen none to the contrary.

Nico's pics reminded me of an incident that proves this point.

Waugh, who is Scottish, says there was a "Dublin, UK" moment when they played in Glasgow. "Mika asked me to wear a kilt on stage, but insisted I wore underpants. I didn't know why. Then, when we were on stage, he lifted up my kilt. The audience booed. It's sacrilege to wear underpants with a kilt."

"Sacrilege", "I didn't know why"...do these sound like the words of someone who was consulted about what he was to wear on stage? And this was 2 years ago when these things hardly mattered. Not during the biggest show of Mika's career where he presided and fussed over every detail.

Sad as it is, it's true... I would hate to see Martin go, but he needs the money... I doubt Mika pays him that much that he can sit around at home doing nothing for a year...

I always imagined Martin as the acoustic person...

london-22.jpg

Exactly; I am guessing that he pays them the 'regular' wage, which would obviously not be enough to stay at home for over a year waiting for the next 'possible' tour :wink2:.

And I also saw Martin like 'the' acoustic guy...Let's see who Mika will find if Martin is definitely out. Perhaps Mikey has some guitar playing friends as well? :bleh:

Anyway, commenting on this outfit.

What we (as women) and gay men may find pretty, and therefore think that this outfit is lovely, I doubt that any straight man would find this acceptable.

Many men wear pink shirts, etc, and I love that myself, but come on...this satin-like shiny stuff is WAY more than what the regular straight man will like, I'm quite sure of that :roftl:. I guess that I'm trying to say that we can't base what he'd like on what we like.

Right...so in conclusion Martin loves what he wore on stage and artists don't tell their musicians what to do. So I guess that means the next time I go to a Lily Allen gig I can expect to see Martin in a clown costume?

Come on people, can we step out of this lollipops and rainbows fantasy land for 5 minutes? Maybe Mika lives there on occasion but the rest of the world does not. The boss analogy is not only correct, it's not even an analogy. He IS the boss and he (and the people under him) tells his performers what to do and what to wear on stage. We've seen plenty of evidence of this and have seen none to the contrary.

Nico's pics reminded me of an incident that proves this point.

"Sacrilege", "I didn't know why"...do these sound like the words of someone who was consulted about what he was to wear on stage? And this was 2 years ago when these things hardly mattered. Not during the biggest show of Mika's career where he presided and fussed over every detail.

:thumb_yello: Thank you for that.

interesting, t4p...uhm...sorry i'm in OT mode what's a "Dublin, UK"? = a mobbing moment?

I am guessing that she means something like when people make the mistake of saying that Dublin is in the UK?

Because the Republic of Ireland is an independent country, but you have Northern Ireland (Belfast, etc) which is a part of the UK, so some (misinformed) people may think that Ireland (and Dublin as it's capital) is also part of the UK...

So yes it would be about the ignorance displayed there regarding the local customs, or just ignoring them anyway.

Real men wear pink this is true

<nods>

:thumb_yello:

I think so too! For me, one of the best things that a man can do to impress me on 'first sight' is to show that he's confident enough to wear pink :wub2:. It's just the satin/silky shiny stuff with matching tie that I have an issue with :roftl:.

I think so too! For me, one of the best things that a man can do to impress me on 'first sight' is to show that he's confident enough to wear pink :wub2:. It's just the satin/silky shiny stuff with matching tie that I have an issue with :roftl:.

Yessss satin pink in not in my wardrobe crique I must say :blink:

I like a nice fitted black shirt <hunts out the mens fashion thread

Yes I was watching Rossie on Friday with a wee elf and had to look several times to see if it was Martin and it was :thumb_yello:

interesting, t4p...uhm...sorry i'm in OT mode what's a "Dublin, UK"? = a mobbing moment?

Mika made a huge faux pas when he was playing in Dublin and said that it was his last night in the UK. Forcing Martin to wear underwear under the kilt and then showing everyone...also not cool. :naughty: