OK, what do all boyfriends/husbands/girlfriends(??) think of our obsession?!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where do you find the time. I'm a full time mum, with college 2 nights a week, exams at the moment and every spare minute i'm logged on here! My house is a tip and my kids/husband neglected! Have become 17 again!

Me too :blush-anim-cl: :blush-anim-cl: I work full time, I have a husband, a 21 yr old son and 3 dogs. my house work has also slid!!

But - I used to be obsessive about cleaning etc til I gave up needing to have the place perfect all the time (around about the time my son started school and I started full time work!).

Plus, I know we are "a long time dead" and all that ... I have had friends younger than me, who have died from illness and accident etc ... it helped put a lot of things into perspective for me.

So ... I do the day job, and make sure people and dogs are clean, fed, exercised and healthy, but I now spend more time doing stuff I enjoy (eg, Mika and SS stuff!). So what if the place needs dusting :blush-anim-cl: ... it looks "surface tidy" and I could invite people in, at a moment's notice! Only I know that there's a HUGE pile of ironing upstairs!!

I've met a lot of genuine friends over the past couple of years through the SS board and now a lot of them have come on to here, too ...

Good luck at Glasgow Leigh, I hope you do meet Mika, he's so lovely (you want to take him home and mother him! or something ... :wub2: :wub2: )

Gill

xx

Divorce is looming for me

Ditto - I'm trying to play it cool:fisch: hence my quietness over the past few days, but I LOVE coming on here - just to chat & catch up with you all. :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

I was planning on meeting up with everyone at the Mika gig in Leeds on 13th May, but it's the week before we go on our 'extra' hol to France (we're going for 3 wks in July too). Didn't go down too well with hubby - I s'pose I can see his point:thumbdown: but I still think he should enjoy my obssesion:insane: with Mika -I mean he's been permanently obsessed with womens boobs since he was 13 & I've only been on here a matter of a few weeks:argue:

oooh, Cherie I just posted you on the oldlings thread!

Is you husband going to the gig? That would be one step to far for mine!

Although he has offered his boxers to throw on stage when I see Mika again in May...

OK - to be fair, my hubby DID go to the Mika gig with me last Tues & said he thought Mika sounded better live than on the album & he has a great voice, but he wasn't quite as 'into' it as me & couldn't understand why I was leaping around everywhere & was desperate to get as near as possible!:blink:

Oh that made me laugh so much!! Poor Leigh :naughty::wink2: Will she be mortified about this?!!

If she thought it was bad last night, she should come round now! Girlintheblue, tut tut tut!

My husband is sitting reading work material just now, complaining that he can't get Mika out of his head, he's been immersed in Mika for the last month now! Has decided he needs to grow his hair long and make it curly to be like Mika (think if you can't beat him, join him!) Dream on husband!

I wonder if we'll all get to a certain point - what is it, critical mass? - when all things around us will start crashing down and breaking up.

Would we even notice???

I am proud to have cleaned my bathroom today. Still in touch with reality.

My daughter thinks i'm mad but when gace kelly comes on mtv she acts out the whole video with me and does the fall at the end!! i thought id leave that 2 her just in case i broke it!!! 2day im proud of myself cos i finally did the ironing!! if i hadn't i don't think we would av had anything to wear next week!!! xxxx

I'm a single so, I can be as Mikaddicted as I want : nobody will disturb me !

My mother is very comprehensive, my best friend Tinky has become as mad as I am. Only my boss who is also a friends says he likes Mika's music (I made him discover it last friday) but when I say Mika is handsome, he makes a face and says he's too young ! Would he be jealous ?