OK, what do all boyfriends/husbands/girlfriends(??) think of our obsession?!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My Husband thinks Me & Beckar totally MAD ...but seems to be willing for us to go to London Gig & he will try get time off so we wont have travel home till next day.

(Great having Relations in London)

jengafer - only started on here a couple of days ago and am already addicted! Feel like I'm hiding it from my husband like some awful secret!!!!!

Great to be on here tho' - only one friend a REAL Mika fan so apart from her no-one to talk to in RL about this!!!!

My other half seems to have mixed feelings. Loved Grace Kelly, found infectiously compulsive... melody gets in your head - but expresses thought that the jury is out as to whether Mika will keep his appeal, depending on what he does next. Thinks he has a brilliant voice though.

Other half has been very indulging of my enthusiasm... like buying me newspapers because there has been articles..... standing for long hours at concerts.

CW.

I've given up trying to hide it. I used log onto the internet in a different sign in, but I don't bother anymore. Besides I think he likes Mika as much as I do (Ok, he doesn't fancy him though!) but just reluctant to admit it! When we get in the car he will put a couple of Killers songs on then play the Mika album and says "For you and the kids" ! Doesn't fool me lol :wink2:

yes, mine rolls his eyes, but can be found at any time of the day humming quietly - and more often than not Mika!

CW - am very impressed with your other half buying newspapers etc with Mika articles - and standing at concerts for hours! You have definitely married the right man (second best anyway.... if you know what I mean)

I think that my husband is quite glad that I'm addicted to this site because I don't nag him about being on Warcraft all evening anymore! :naughty:

He quite likes the music, but nowhere near as much as I do. He's coming to Birmingham with me purely because he wants to see me act like a starstruck teenage girly.

I'm letting him come purely to be the driver!! :naughty:

My other half seems to have mixed feelings. Loved Grace Kelly, found infectionsly compulsive... melody gets in your head - but expresses thought that the jury is out as to whether Mika will keep his appeal, depending on what he does next. Thinks he has a brilliant voice though.

Other half has been very indulging of my enthusiasm... like buying me newspapers because there has been articles..... standing for long hours at concerts.

CW.

My husband Tony is exactly the same (and very tolerant of my Jake Shears/Scissor Sisters/Rufus Wainwright obsessions, too!). He will bring home cuttings and articles and stuff, will accompany me to gigs on weeknights so I don't have to drive home (as soon as it gets to midnight, I fall asleep! the trouble with being not-quite-a-youngling any longer :blink::wink2: )

... BUT ...

he doesn't "get" all the stalking. Why on earth would anyone want to get to the gig early (like mid-afternoon) to wait for the band or whoever to arrive, in the hopes of talking to them pre-sound-check; why queue up so damn early just to be RIGHT AT THE FRONT! and why wait around in the cold afterwards?

etc etc etc

But he does help me a lot (but gets really fed up with me spending so much time on message boards and the like, tee hee!). He would never stop me going anywhere (and indeed would be wise not to try :shocked: ) but does sometimes wonder aloud if I "remember how old I am exactly".

Remarks like that are best ignored ... I've gone to gigs etc all my life and I'm certainly not stopping now :wink2:

My husband thinks we are all freaks!

My answer is so what the world is a better place because freaks are there!

He has to take me to Leeds as I need him to push me in my new wave sedan chair(wheelchair!)

He said he won`t wait about to see Mika afterwards so I have told him to wait in the car as I can walk a bit but not far and if I don`t come back not to worry.

he was sat with his fingers crossed -cheeky monkey!-MEN!!

He`ll wait even if I have to tie him down to the seat!!

xx