Thanks everyone! It feels great to be a married woman! :)

Well, I just arrived home from Chicago -- llonnnggggg trip, but in the end well worth it! Here is my review:

My friend Claire and I arrived at the venue around 12pm. Since it was a general admission show we had to wait in line all day long. This was seriously one of my worst queing experiences -- it was so hot, the sun was blaring down on us all day long and it didn't stop shining until 7:30pm! I ended up getting dehydrated because I didn't want to drink water to avoid having to go to the bathroom a lot. lol big mistake! But oh well...we waited and tried to make the best of it.

The fans were pretty nice in line and we chatted with them a lot. The tour bus was right in front of us and at one point, Brandon unexpectedly came out. It was very relaxed and I just said hello while he walked passed us. I didn't want to bother him with swarming him so was glad with him waving to the fans and he moved on.

The lead guitarist, Benjamin, came out and started chatting with Claire. He was pretty talkative and eventually invited Claire to see the tour bus (bad news!) and basically he wanted to have some fun. Claire told him she wasn't that kind of girl and I think she deflated his ego a tad! Even though he did that he was still a nice guy.

Claire and I were about 20 people from the start of the line. We got into the venue really easily and were able to get to the front of the stage! I couldn't believe it, especially since we were far back in the line. The floor where we stood was also elevated, so it was a great view. I am so short that having the elevated floor was really comfortable and convenient.

There was no opening band so we listened to music on the stereo the whole time. The band came out pretty late -- we got in around 7:30pm and they came on stage around 9:40pm. The fans didn't seem to get restless and were in pretty good moods the whole time!

The band came on and Brandon was the last to come on stage. The crowd went crazy! We were all so excited to finally finally see him! He was dressed in what looked like a lumberjack outfit with black shoes. Clean shaven. :) Here is the setlist:

1. On the Floor

2. Crossfire

3. Magdalena

4. Bette Davis Eyes -- cover

5. Jilted Lovers and Broken Hearts

6. Was It Something I Said?

7. Hard Enough

8. Losing Touch - Killers

9. Swallow It

10. Playing With Fire

Encore

11. When You Were Young -- acoustic version

He played all but two songs from the record. I absolutely loved his performance of Crossfire and he seemed to be enjoying himself so much singing it. The crowd knew all the words and he was all smiles to here us sing back to him! He really rocked it out!

I also loved Was It Something I Said. He has two female back-up singers and they had some great singing in this one. I liked the female involvement and thought it was interesting to see them up there with the guys.

He talked about the meaning behind Magdalana -- I can't remember all of the specifics but it is a special day (in Mexico? I forget) that happens in October each year. People go to this place where they ask forgiveness and pray. It was cool and he said he loved this tradition.

I also liked Jilted Lovers and Broken Hearts. He got all into the music -- putting himself into the music both emotionally and physically...sort of the same way he does when he sings For Reasons Unknown at Killers' concerts. Swallow It is fun too, especially his lyrics!

He looked excited to see people singing the lyrics for both Losing Touch and WYWY. Fans were actually crying when he sang WYWY, I guess because they feel weird that he isn't touring with the guys. I didn't get emotional because I don't foresee the band breaking up, so why shed any tears? :)

After the show we hung out by the tour bus. Benjamin ended up coming back and hanging out with us some more. it was cool cos we got to talk about the tour and the music. He told us that he had opened for the Killers for one tour and then that Brandon called him to ask if he would record with him. What luck he has! He also told us that they will be touring for the rest of the year, so that must mean they may add more dates to what has already been released! He said he is excited to tour overseas. Yay!

Well, we waited for Brandon for some time. Benjamin said that if they went out to a bar that he would call us and let us know so we could come. Anyway, it turned out Brandon tried to sneak out of the venue to go to the bar but the entire crowd that was waiting chased after him!! It was horrible -- Brandon couldn't even go have a drink without being mobbed by his fans. I felt embarrassed by that. Claire and I stayed put and resolved we wouldn't bug him while he was trying to have a good time. We decided to stay and would say hi if he came back.

So anyway, he ended up coming back and a group was hanging by his bus. They eventually formed a line for us to get a pic/autograph with him! We were so excited -- I was thrilled because of all the times I have tried to meet him but failed every time.

I didn't really have anything to sign except my Sam's Town cd booklet but since this wasn't Killers related, I asked him to sign a card from our deck of cards. He signed my ace of clubs card and Claire's ace of hearts. :) He also signed a guitar pic that the bass guitarist threw at claire's head on accident. lolol

When I got to Brandon I just said "Brandon!! I can't believe I am meeting you after six years of trying." He said, "Oh, really? wow." Then we took a picture and I said thank you for taking the time to say hi to us. When Claire walked up to him she said how I waited in the snow to meet him one year but didn't meet him and he said "Oh, I'm sorry..." lol we said, no big deal!!

So yeah, that is my review! What a great show -- it was such a long day but all worth it! I am excited for you all to see him because I know you will love it!

Wow! :jawdrop: What a gig experience!

So he did only his solo songs. I hope he will sing a few more songs in Italy. Even covers would do. :biggrin2:

It's nice to know he's a friendly person. :thumb_yello:

I really can't wait! :groovy:

As for the lead guitarist... :puke: Thank God he was a nice guy after all. Your friend was lucky. :boxed:

Wow! :jawdrop: What a gig experience!

So he did only his solo songs. I hope he will sing a few more songs in Italy. Even covers would do. :biggrin2:

It's nice to know he's a friendly person. :thumb_yello:

I really can't wait! :groovy:

As for the lead guitarist... :puke: Thank God he was a nice guy after all. Your friend was lucky. :boxed:

Yeah, it was a nice set! I read lots of people complaining about how short a set was (about 45 minutes), but gosh it is only a warm-up kind of show. He did the amount of a normal record, which I thought was just fine.

Yeah, I was worried about Claire when she went in the tour bus, but it was in the day and other musicians were going inside so I didn't think she would get hurt. Benjamin turned out to be nice, so no big deal afterall!

Wow. It sounds like it was an amazing show.

I'm just watching the videos on Youtube and I love the When you were young acoustic.

I'm so glad you got to meet him at last.

Thank you, lady! :)

great report, very interesting! :thumb_yello: and congrats for having meet him, finally!

I really hope he'll meet his fans here in Italy, I'm so curious to see him in person and talk with him!

He is SO shy in person! Really quiet and reserved....but also gracious and thankful to his fans. Truly shocked I finally met him. What will I do with my life now? :naughty:

Yeah, it was a nice set! I read lots of people complaining about how short a set was (about 45 minutes), but gosh it is only a warm-up kind of show. He did the amount of a normal record, which I thought was just fine.

Yeah, I was worried about Claire when she went in the tour bus, but it was in the day and other musicians were going inside so I didn't think she would get hurt. Benjamin turned out to be nice, so no big deal afterall!

People complained? I would be happy with 45 mins.

He is SO shy in person! Really quiet and reserved....but also gracious and thankful to his fans. Truly shocked I finally met him. What will I do with my life now? :naughty:

What are you waiting for, woman? Get rid of your husband and seduce Brandon! :mf_rosetinted:

People complained? I would be happy with 45 mins.

I think it depends on how the gig was presented. I mean, if you travel for a gig, you may not be satisfied with a short one.

Going to Milan is hell for me, I would be glad if the gig was at least one hour and a half. Just to make my night out a bit longer. :biggrin2:

Pfft, I love my husband way too much! Brandon is married himself, too. ;)

I travelled 6 1/2 hours to see Brandon and I was still satisfied. These are warm-up shows which that in itself means that they are not going to be as long as your average concert. Especially seeing as this is his first record. Now if he were releasing a second record...well, then it might be expected for it to be longer than a 45 minute set.

I managed to upload this picture, but have to get the rest of my pictures too. Here is the man himself!

40951_897190141760_15932359_48335357_4680911_n.jpg

:fangurl:

lovely picture :wub2:

I read that Brandon is 182 cm tall and Mika is 192 cm...it's just 10 cm :roftl:

:bye: you Killers fans.

I don't know them real well, but I have some information that might be interesting for you ladies:

Here's a tweet from my favorite interviewer Mr. Jian Ghomeshi (@jianghomeshi):

"Hey guys - re @BrandonFlowers details: He joined me in studio yesterday for 30min feature chat.

It will air on Q (radio) & QTV on Sept 8th."

Here's the man's homepage:

http://jian.ca/

Here's the homepage of his broadcast:

http://www.cbc.ca/q/

Enjoy it! I might watch it as well (cause I love Jian! :wub2:)

Edited by southeast

OK! Me too am really short so I hope to take a pic with him: I would make him look taller than ever! :floor:

Yeah, I am only 4'11" which is way short. lol

Amazing photo. :wub2:

Omg! What an amazing photo :wub2: :wub2:

Thanks ladies! :thumb_yello:

Also thanks for the link, southeast!