Hi! :bye: welcome!

And welcome to the "mikabrandon" club!:wink2: you'll find many sisters in mikabrandonism here! :lmfao:

some of us are also leading a half-serious campaign to promote the duet Brandon/Mika for the cover of Under Pressure by Mercury/Bowie!:biggrin2:

Thanks MrsBrightside! That would be awesome. By te way, have you ever heard if they are interested by each other's music?

One of my friends is a huge fan of The Killers, and Brandon Flowers. He really wants to go to Brandon's concert (in December), but says he's low on cash at the moment. His birthday party is on Friday and what I've decided to do is get a group of people (including me!) to pool money together and...we're going to buy him a ticket! I did my investigative work and he says he wouldn't mind going alone (we can't afford a group of tickets! :bleh:). So that's perfect! I think he's going to love the surprise. :biggrin2:

One of my friends is a huge fan of The Killers, and Brandon Flowers. He really wants to go to Brandon's concert (in December), but says he's low on cash at the moment. His birthday party is on Friday and what I've decided to do is get a group of people (including me!) to pool money together and...we're going to buy him a ticket! I did my investigative work and he says he wouldn't mind going alone (we can't afford a group of tickets! :bleh:). So that's perfect! I think he's going to love the surprise. :biggrin2:

That's very sweet of you! :wub2:

wow! Rome's gig is sold out!!!! :shocked:

That doesn't surprise me. He's very popular.

That will be a great birthday present.

I saw Brandon in Cologne on Sunday. It was simply awesome :biggrin2:. I copy you the review I made on TK's board, and my pics.

It was my only Flamingo gig aswell so I really enjoyed it. I did not had a pre-sale ticket but ended first row, thanks to a Victim who kept us some place at the barrier.

And then, Brandon... it was just... great ! The atmosphere at the front was good. Some people behind us were kind of into it, but some others quite quiet. But I did not care, spent the whole show dancing and singing along. Thumbs down to this guy who kind of ruined the end of Magdalena because he went to the barrier to say that someone wasn't feeling good... but in the back. Grrrr. I wrote a little review on my blog, it's in french (http://ichbineinhamburger.wordpress.com/2010/09/28/brandon-flowers-e-werk-cologne/) but here's the translation... I hope I haven't made to many mistakes *blushes*.

I bought my ticket to see Brandon Flowers in Cologne in the end of August. I haven't had heard the album yet, it was "in case", to have a ticket before it gets sold out. And it was sold out. Twice. First at the Gloria, a pretty tiny venue (800 ppl) ; and then at the E-Werk (2000 ppl). The E-Werk looked like L'Autre Canal (where I used to work in France) : balconies on the sides of the room, same capacity... it made a bit nostalgic. Nevermind.

We left Lübeck with Regina and Mirja around 11am. A bit more than five hours drive later, we arrive at the E-Werk, located in the middle of a some kind of old industrial zone. I felt going to the Rockhall (a venue in Luxemburg). There were around thirty (or maybe fourty) people queuing in front of venue. It was ice to arrive and see familiar faces : Edda, Heather, Kathrin and Melanie. Two hours and thirty minutes later, we enter the E-Werk. We were freezing outside. I checked the venue quickly, and spotted Mirja at the barrier, who was waiting for us, keeping us a little place next to her.

Arquettes, the opening act, came on stage quickly. One song, two songs... when the songs barely last three minutes, it's easy to get tired of the band. But the crowd seemed to enjoy it. There are definitely worse bands than Arquettes. After six or seven songs, the four Belgians left and the roadies started to invade the stage.

And a little less than an hour later, the musicians and Brandon were in front of us. The show lasted a little more than one hour (but just a little bit). The setlist was coherent and contained two songs from the Killers and a cover of a Kim Carnes' song, Bette Davis Eyes. The public was like divided into two parts: people who had given (more than) a listen Flowers" debut album, Flamingo, and people who came because "that's the Killers' singer, let's give it a try".

In front of such a quiet audience, Flowers did not hesitated to say : « Are there ****ing people out here or what? I don’t know, I’m confused. I mean I see people, I heard that there are 2000 people here but I’m really ****ing confused right now. » Brandon Flowers or how to say "****ing" in thirty seconds in the most natural way.

As for me, I wasn't as calm as the people behind me. I sang, danced, had a blast, just like the girls on my sides. I kind of needed this concert. During one evening, I was no longer an au pair who was working the next day in Hamburg, I was back in my old days, when we were having long trips to go to concerts with my friends. I was feeling like going back home (in France) the day after, spent most of the day in my bed, sleeping. Only one thing was missing : some close friends. I ended calling one of my best friends during Crossfire. I couldn't not call her. /end of the silly emotional part of the review

The crowd sort of woke up in the middle of the concert. Almost all the musicians left the stage to let Flowers present an acoustic version of a Killers song, When You Were Young. Most of the people who recognized the song simply began to sing along. And after Hard Enough came Losing Touch. I think that I prefer the new version of the song. It sounds more "dancable" to me. After spending 3 minutes 40 dancing, I could only think of one thing : bring me the Killers back. It's not the good drummer, not the good bass player, not the good guitarist on stage. Come back guys.

Three songs later, Flowers and his band left the room, and came back on stage for two songs. I found and joined Melanie, Kathrin, Heather and Anna after the show. Heather was looking for a setlist and got it. I was lucky and ended up with a setlist in my hand.

We went back outside a few minutes later. It was cold but we stayed around the venue to wait for Brandon, "just in case he comes out" and chatted. We talked about the concert, the concerts we had seen before, I talked about the Pinkpop Festival with Edda and Doris, about cars with tinted glass with Ari... everything it was possible to chat about. Heather asked Mary to take a picture of us before we left. A few hugs and "tschüssi", "it was nice meeting you" and "bis dann" later, I was home. Felt really happy. I love my fellow Victims.

And a few pics : http://bit.ly/aO8YDp / http://bit.ly/diQUsT / http://bit.ly/b3b7mH / http://bit.ly/cGt7hn / http://bit.ly/9fSGOl

I wanna go to another concert now... :no:

Edited by slavaniet