2007 - Mika Birmingham Carling Academy 17th May

FREDDIESDOUBLE

So I saw the Lollipop Video on You tube and I was wondering...when did he pull you up cause your already on the stage

Did he pull you before...like literally pull you up onto the stage??

Or did someone come get you later...

Just been wondering?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I saw the Lollipop Video on You tube and I was wondering...when did he pull you up cause your already on the stage

Did he pull you before...like literally pull you up onto the stage??

Or did someone come get you later...

Just been wondering?

Mika said "let's get little bow peep and the cow up on stage.............and the girl in the pink wig" (Jennie!) and then one of the security guards came and dragged/lifted her over the barrier and took her backstage to be briefed on what she had to do during Lollipop.

It was fantastic and we were all so proud!

Oh Nooooooooo!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE that we missed out on this! We finally found a gig that allowed in the Mikamites, so we were THERE! We couldn't get there until the queue outside was WAY along the street, so we had no chance of being near all of you, but we SAW you down at the front, with your Mikafanclub card. We were up on the balcony. At least the children had a great view from up there - they're far too short to see anything from below unless they'd been at the very, very front.

But it would have been absolutely WONDERFUL to meet you all. Serves me right for not checking in here so much lately! RL just takes over sometimes... Ah well. I'm SURE there'll be a next time (sigh!) Gill xxxxx

Oh Nooooooooo!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE that we missed out on this! We finally found a gig that allowed in the Mikamites, so we were THERE! We couldn't get there until the queue outside was WAY along the street, so we had no chance of being near all of you, but we SAW you down at the front, with your Mikafanclub card. We were up on the balcony. At least the children had a great view from up there - they're far too short to see anything from below unless they'd been at the very, very front.

But it would have been absolutely WONDERFUL to meet you all. Serves me right for not checking in here so much lately! RL just takes over sometimes... Ah well. I'm SURE there'll be a next time (sigh!) Gill xxxxx

Gill, Hi!! Long time no speak:wink2: Did you enjoy it? Amazing wasn't it?! We were at the front too, in the centre about 1 row back!

Can anyone tell me - he did all the stuff off the album, plus Sweet Dreams and the Jackson 5 one, and then there was one song I didn't recognise - think it was straight after Sweet Dreams.

Thought the gig was brilliant (of course!) - though we were right at the back, think i will get there 4 hours early next time and chain myself to the barrier!

i was at the birmingham gig!!

im so jealous of the people that got to meet him! how long did you wait outside??!! i wanted to wait but i was worried about the multi storie car park closing and getting locked in! i suck!

oh maaaaaaaaaaaaan i want to meet him! the show was amzing though. i think little bo peep and the cow rocked!

and and and, whats this mikamites thing?!!

anyway, i am new on here. so hi everyone, i'm emmy!!

i was at the birmingham gig!!

im so jealous of the people that got to meet him! how long did you wait outside??!! i wanted to wait but i was worried about the multi storie car park closing and getting locked in! i suck!

oh maaaaaaaaaaaaan i want to meet him! the show was amzing though. i think little bo peep and the cow rocked!

and and and, whats this mikamites thing?!!

anyway, i am new on here. so hi everyone, i'm emmy!!

Hello and welcome! , we waited maybe ... an hour ?? ish:biggrin2:

Hello and welcome! , we waited maybe ... an hour ?? ish:biggrin2:

Yeah it was. I can't remember what time the gig finished but he came out to the balcony to meet us at about 11.10 I think and stayed with us until whatever time it was that I came outside (about 11.35?)

Oh and he got me out the crowd at the end of Love Today and we had to wait backstage during Grace Kelly and the beginning of Lollipop while they told us what we had to do. (And while I spend about 20 mins trying to decide which letter I wanted to hold :P) I think The V was the best one though. In front of my friend so he could film it and directly behind Mika :D

Oh and I have a new blog exaplining everything on Myspace

yeah i did see you on stage, and little bo peep and stuff! i saw you at the front too, i think you were left ish of the stage? i have a crap memory, i was near the front, about 5 people back, but i am the same size as an ant, and couldnt see much unless i stood on tippy tippy toes! i think i actually pulled a muscle in the bottom of my foot!

are you guys going to the london (somer house is it?) gig or anything? i went to the gig with my mate wh isnt a huge fan of mike. infact, none of my friends are really into him, but they'l come cos they know i like him, but it'd be nice to speak to fellow mika fans at the gigs!!

xxxx

yeah i did see you on stage, and little bo peep and stuff! i saw you at the front too, i think you were left ish of the stage? i have a crap memory, i was near the front, about 5 people back, but i am the same size as an ant, and couldnt see much unless i stood on tippy tippy toes! i think i actually pulled a muscle in the bottom of my foot!

are you guys going to the london (somer house is it?) gig or anything? i went to the gig with my mate wh isnt a huge fan of mike. infact, none of my friends are really into him, but they'l come cos they know i like him, but it'd be nice to speak to fellow mika fans at the gigs!!

xxxx

There are LOADS of us going to Somerset House :) There's a thread about it somewhere...

oh right! does everyone know each other or do you all just meet up?! id be scared! im gonna try get my tickets off ebay, if not, im gonna go anyway and try buy them on the day by the wierd men that try selling you them!

Can anyone tell me - he did all the stuff off the album, plus Sweet Dreams and the Jackson 5 one, and then there was one song I didn't recognise - think it was straight after Sweet Dreams.

Thought the gig was brilliant (of course!) - though we were right at the back, think i will get there 4 hours early next time and chain myself to the barrier!

That was Holy Johnny. It's one of his songs that isn't on LICM, but will probably be on the next album. There are links to it somewhere on here which you can find using the search function.

Gilllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!

You should have come to the front of the queue to say hello!

The first 20 or so of the queue was nearly all MFC! (We got there just before 4pm, Jennie was even earlier!). It would have been great to see you, but I'm really glad that you were there having a brilliant time, even though we didn't know it!

The first 20 or so of the queue was nearly all MFC! (We got there just before 4pm, Jennie was even earlier!). It would have been great to see you, but I'm really glad that you were there having a brilliant time, even though we didn't know it!

2.45 :D

Got me 1st in queue (TECHNICALLY - GRRR STUPID DOOR POLICY) :punk:

*sighs*

im feeling a little bit low today and tired which doesnt help :thumbdown:

goes of looking for both Birmingham and leeds videos on youtube to cheer her up :biggrin2:

It was actually a bit scary to come to the front and say 'hello' :wink2: especially after the second queue had formed, so I had to push through to get to you ...

I had stood offering lollipops to people near us in the queue ... and only one person had taken one, eveyone else looked at me like I was a basket case :insane:. So I said I'm going to go and offer my friends a lollipop, they'll understand about lollipops and Mika gigs! My sister then thought I was mad, what friends, how do you know these people etc etc. Then I thought, stuff it, I'm just going to march up there and say 'Hello'. Glad I did, and glad you all had some lollies off me, cos the rest of them got confiscated when I went in. :thumbdown:

*sighs*

goes of looking for both Birmingham and leeds videos on youtube to cheer her up :biggrin2:

just cheered me up ...

It was actually a bit scary to come to the front and say 'hello' :wink2: especially after the second queue had formed, so I had to push through to get to you ...

I had stood offering lollipops to people near us in the queue ... and only one person had taken one, eveyone else looked at me like I was a basket case :insane:. So I said I'm going to go and offer my friends a lollipop, they'll understand about lollipops and Mika gigs! My sister then thought I was mad, what friends, how do you know these people etc etc. Then I thought, stuff it, I'm just going to march up there and say 'Hello'. Glad I did, and glad you all had some lollies off me, cos the rest of them got confiscated when I went in. :thumbdown:

OOOooooo That was you with the woolworths cup full of lollipops

THANKYOU!!!!!

I ate mine before i went in and it turned out to be the only thing i had eaten that day !! :boxed:

You saved me from starvation hehe :bleh:

*sighs*

Same here - 2 days after a gig is sooo depressing :(

Max, was it you who offered us the Chupa Chups when we were standing in the queue? I remember a girl with short hair who came along to offer us lollipops, I said I would take a blue one (of course). :biggrin2:

Oh by the way to all of you: sorry for my incoherent comments in this thread. For some reason I can't use my own computer now so I still did not have the chance to give a proper report. But a lot of people already did so the general impression of the evening might be clear already! :thumb_yello:

Same here - 2 days after a gig is sooo depressing :(

well im glad its normal to feel depressed afterwards then .....its a horrible feeling...anyone else other than me and jennie feeling a bit low ? :boxed: