FREDDIESDOUBLE

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That was INSANE , I couldnt believe it:boxed:

Neither could Mika when I told him. He said he could partly understand the lollipops because we could throw them and maybe cause sooome damage but what the hell can a glow stick do!? He said we were noticable enough without them though :P

Virtual hug for steph there , she had chickenpox and was also gutted

Next time , i see your from the north east , he will play newcastle soon :wink2:

yeah Steph must have felt just as bad, cos she probs COULD have gone in a way but how could she give our Mika the pox :boxed: lol, He should do a private concert just for us we are MINY lol :bleh:

Mind you Freddie, if I had known you were from Sunderland....I was originally from South Shields :thumb_yello: But live in Teesside now just about 1/2 a mile off the A19, I could have thumbed a lift in your car lol or stashed away in your boot ha ha, then I could have gone to BRUM which sounds to have been by far the best concert to go to.

But DOOO let me know asap when he plays up our way again and...I can join the Penniman Posse ha ha sounds a right laugh. :biggrin2:

Hmmm... I had a bag FULL of glow stick, like 2 tubes of 50 bracelets, and full of other things, and they let me in... Maybe they were fed up with searching my bag, which was kinda hard with all this things in it :naughty: I also had a plastic bag with longer glowstocks (necklaces)... :roftl:

Happy they let me in !! 125 glowsticks !!!!! :shocked:

Sorry for your lollies and glowsticks...

Its insane , the security is totally messed up ..

In newcastle lollipop girl was handing out lollipops to all!! , a huge bucker full!!

Yes it was a night of irony.

I still can't believe that you and Kata were refused admission to Leeds because you were "drunk" and in Birmingham they encouraged us to drink by offering queue jumpers stamps for people who'd been in the bar.

...............and here's another one:

On the way in they confiscated my 2 unopened bottles of mineral water and when were in there they gave us free glasses of water to drink!

How daft is that?

I don't think I'll ever go to the Academy again!

wow, I've not been on here for AGES! Thought I'd take a break from revision and come and see what others thought to the gig. I thought it was AMAZING and I was smiling all the way home and for the majority of yesterday :)

wow, I've not been on here for AGES! Thought I'd take a break from revision and come and see what others thought to the gig. I thought it was AMAZING and I was smiling all the way home and for the majority of yesterday :)

Why didn't I meet you??????:shocked:

I still can't believe that you and Kata were refused admission to Leeds because you were "drunk" and in Birmingham they encouraged us to drink by offering queue jumpers stamps for people who'd been in the bar.

On the way in they confiscated my 2 unopened bottles of mineral water and when were in there they gave us free glasses of water to drink!

How daft is that?

Even if Mika's there?! :o

I've never actually had trouble at the Academy before...I've never tried to smuggle glowsticks or lollipops in but still :P

Sorry Nicole! It was a bit of a nightmare day. Took a LOT longer to get there than I thought, then I had to meet up with Strudel and by that time it was very nearly near 7pm and after the gig, my Dad made me go straight home because he had a flight to catch at 4am so I didn't hang around :(

Sorry Nicole! It was a bit of a nightmare day. Took a LOT longer to get there than I thought, then I had to meet up with Strudel and by that time it was very nearly near 7pm and after the gig, my Dad made me go straight home because he had a flight to catch at 4am so I didn't hang around :(

Ahhh, that's a shame! I would have loved to meet you!

I was totally unimpressed with the Academy (& the car park next door pppfffttt!). They took our water, glowsticks & lollipops and the queue jumping for people who had been drinking really took the mickey. Then, inside they sold us alcohol, let people had out metal keyrings and allowed people to smoke in the crowd - right at the front. One girl had her jacket burnt by a cigarette!

Still, all said and done Mika totally made up for everything! :biggrin2:

I didn't know that you were there!

It would have been great if you'd got there earlier and joined us in the queue. Next time eh?

...........well, yes I would, but not to see anyone else!

I'm sorry to rubbish your home town Jennie, but I found Birmingham pretty scary! (but I am a bit of a country bumpkin and don't get out much:naughty: )

...........well, yes I would, but not to see anyone else!

I'm sorry to rubbish your home town Jennie, but I found Birmingham pretty scary! (but I am a bit of a country bumpkin and don't get out much:naughty: )

Don't worry I know what you mean. I can't wait to get out of here!

Although i'm definately a city girl growing up here. The only place to faze me was New York :|

Don't worry I know what you mean. I can't wait to get out of here!

Although i'm definately a city girl growing up here. The only place to faze me was New York :|

I'm way too chicken (ha ha, not in a Mika kind of way!:naughty: ) to ever go to New York!

Even the roads and car parks scared me in Birmingham...........and Big Girl's experience didn't help!

Still, I've heard that some city girls grow up scared of cows and sheep!

I'm way too chicken (ha ha, not in a Mika kind of way!:naughty: ) to ever go to New York!

Even the roads and car parks scared me in Birmingham...........and Big Girl's experience didn't help!

I live opposite a farm and loads of fields :P I got the best of both worlds :D

I kinddda understood the bottles thing - they do it alot at football matches or make you at least remove the lids because they can be used as missiles and are very heavy when full. But the lollipops???? - ok possibility of minor injury, but they took them off us at the door then we were given lollipops inside by lollipop girl!!!!!!!

The second queue thing was a disgrace! I recognised some people in front of me from that queue, most of whom turned up at about 6.30!. and they put the sign advertising the offer way back down the street where only the people at the back of the queue could see it!!! They said that these people had spent more money at the venue and so could therefore join the queuejumpers queue, so by that logic the more drunk you were the more welcome you were!!!!

And as for the lighting, I fell down the stairs and hurt my back! I wanted merchandise but couldn't see the stand on the way in and was hearded out in the other direction afterwards, by the time I pursuaded a security bloke to let me back in, the stand was gone! - I wanted to spend money and they wouldn't let me!!!!

As for the smoking - I am an evil smoker but wouldn't dream of lighting up in such a confined area and with flammable stuff everywhere and with kids around!. Here in Wales we already have the smoking ban in place and this is the first time I agree wholeheartedly with it!!!

Although there were 1 or 2 nice bouncers (and a lovely man who worked there who kept coming out and giving us a progress report) most were rude and very ungracious especially the man who shut the loading bay door on us without even warning us ("this is just the loading bay, Mika isn't coming out this way" - oh really... and where did he come from then????) and the bar bloke who told me off for having a toe over the bar threshold, when I was just trying to tell freddie his drinkie in a plastic cup was there!

Mika - you insist on your own terms for the music, artwork etc - now start insisting the gigs are done your way too, or you will take your increasing revenue and friendly fans somewhere they feel more appreciated!!!

Ok rant over!

I still had a fantastic time, with some fantastic people.

I'm not a city girl, but I'm very scared of sheep and cows!!:shocked: And I've never actually seen a sheep, so seeing so many sheep in Wales was a shock!

How daft is that?

that was totally a SHAME!! didn't allow them in and then let people who drink to jump the queue????:shocked::thumbdown::sneaky2: :sneaky2: oh please!!

I'm not a city girl, but I'm very scared of sheep and cows!!:shocked: And I've never actually seen a sheep, so seeing so many sheep in Wales was a shock!

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

You've never seen a sheep? Are you serious?:shocked:

I love your new title!

I kinddda understood the bottles thing - they do it alot at football matches or make you at least remove the lids because they can be used as missiles and are very heavy when full. But the lollipops???? - ok possibility of minor injury, but they took them off us at the door then we were given lollipops inside by lollipop girl!!!!!!!

The second queue thing was a disgrace! I recognised some people in front of me from that queue, most of whom turned up at about 6.30!. and they put the sign advertising the offer way back down the street where only the people at the back of the queue could see it!!! They said that these people had spent more money at the venue and so could therefore join the queuejumpers queue, so by that logic the more drunk you were the more welcome you were!!!!

And as for the lighting, I fell down the stairs and hurt my back! I wanted merchandise but couldn't see the stand on the way in and was hearded out in the other direction afterwards, by the time I pursuaded a security bloke to let me back in, the stand was gone! - I wanted to spend money and they wouldn't let me!!!!

As for the smoking - I am an evil smoker but wouldn't dream of lighting up in such a confined area and with flammable stuff everywhere and with kids around!. Here in Wales we already have the smoking ban in place and this is the first time I agree wholeheartedly with it!!!

Although there were 1 or 2 nice bouncers (and a lovely man who worked there who kept coming out and giving us a progress report) most were rude and very ungracious especially the man who shut the loading bay door on us without even warning us ("this is just the loading bay, Mika isn't coming out this way" - oh really... and where did he come from then????) and the bar bloke who told me off for having a toe over the bar threshold, when I was just trying to tell freddie his drinkie in a plastic cup was there!

Mika - you insist on your own terms for the music, artwork etc - now start insisting the gigs are done your way too, or you will take your increasing revenue and friendly fans somewhere they feel more appreciated!!!

Ok rant over!

I still had a fantastic time, with some fantastic people.

You're not an evil smoker Cathi -you're the sort of smoker that non-smokers like me think are great ie a considerate one!

I was shocked to see people smoking in there too because I forgot that England hasn't got the ban yet (and they say that we're backwards in Wales!:naughty: )