The Mutt Club Official Headquarters

Shontih

I don't have any English roots at all (well none that I know about :P lol). My parents wanted me to learn English first because as my mother explained, "you'd pick up Egyptian naturally as you grew up". My parents just wanted me to have a strong command of English from an early age; little did they know that I'd struggle with my Arabic when I grew up. Something's gotta give...something's always gotta give *sigh*

you know

when you think about it

a long-long time ago we all came from the same place

so we are all related in one way or another!

:cheerful_h4h: :cheerful_h4h: :cheerful_h4h: :cheerful_h4h:

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you know

when you think about it

HELLO HOOCHATOOTCH, MY LONG LOST SISTER

HOW ARE YOU?

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

I don't have any English roots at all (well none that I know about :P lol). My parents wanted me to learn English first because as my mother explained, "you'd pick up Egyptian naturally as you grew up". My parents just wanted me to have a strong command of English from an early age; little did they know that I'd struggle with my Arabic when I grew up. Something's gotta give...something's always gotta give *sigh*

Ooh, that's interesting! I've never heard that someone learns English in Estonia as a first language... and we don't have any British schools here too:blink:

you know

when you think about it

Hahaha, good way of putting it! Like Caz said, hello long lost sister! hehe

=D Thanks so much, hoochatootch! haha Yeah, america might be one to list lol

its a shame you struggle with your arabic, Sou, but your mom probably did well by you by teaching you english as your first language. It could prove incredibly useful, or I certainly hope it will.

So far it has proved to be useful. I mean here's a slight example...I'm right here on the MFC interacting with everyone! If i didn't learn English, interaction would've been impossible! :shocked: No Mika music, NOTHING *faints*

I was born in the Falkland Islands to parents who were also born here, but my mothers father was Chilean,her mother was English, my fathers father was Scottish and my father's mother was of English descent....confused, me???

My half sister is 1/4 Chilean, 1/4 Canadian, 1/4 Scottish and 1/4 English!!

I was born in the Falkland Islands to parents who were also born here, but my mothers father was Chilean,her mother was English, my fathers father was Scottish and my father's mother was of English descent....confused, me???

My half sister is 1/4 Chilean, 1/4 Canadian, 1/4 Scottish and 1/4 English!!

I'm so lost right now :blink:

You've got a very, veryyyyy diverse background!! :)

Hahaha, good way of putting it! Like Caz said, hello long lost sister! hehe

So far it has proved to be useful. I mean here's a slight example...I'm right here on the MFC interacting with everyone! If i didn't learn English, interaction would've been impossible! :shocked: No Mika music, NOTHING *faints*

yes sou -

english really is a hard language to learn - so your parents were thinking of your best interest....

but little did they know that you would end up in the MFC

with the rest of us -

acting like the grazy Mika fan that you are! hee hee!

:naughty: :naughty:

yes sou -

english really is a hard language to learn - so your parents were thinking of your best interest....

but little did they know that you would end up in the MFC

with the rest of us -

acting like the grazy Mika fan that you are! hee hee!

:naughty: :naughty:

I'm not just "grazy" I'm borderline psychotic-obsessed, LOL!

Actually I think that English isn't a very hard language to learn, but yeh... it depends... I wish I could speak it fluently and without mistakes, but it feels kinda impossible:naughty:

Thank god for all the movies and songs in English though! They have helped me to improve my English a lot!:naughty:

I couldn't judge whether or not english is wasy as it is my first language and it somes so easily to me

A lot of my friends have english as a second language. Most of the kids at school spoke welsh at home and only started learning english in year 3.

Actually I think that English isn't a very hard language to learn, but yeh... it depends... I wish I could speak it fluently and without mistakes, but it feels kinda impossible:naughty:

Thank god for all the movies and songs in English though! They have helped me to improve my English a lot!:naughty:

i have a friend from puerto rico & she has an awful time with english -

the grammar is very difficult to learn

i think its the "tenses" - english has so many exceptions to the rules

English is bad enough, Welsh is really hard. The alphabet is a bit different. There's this horrible thing called treiglo which even I (i've been speaking welsh for years) haven't got my head around. It's a rule which applies most of the time and then sort of doesn't other times. It's confussing...

i have a friend from puerto rico & she has an awful time with english -

the grammar is very difficult to learn

i think its the "tenses" - english has so many exceptions to the rules

Yeh, I also think that grammar is the hardest part... and ohhh, how I hate reported speech...:naughty: You know: Mary said "I love you!" and then I have to make the sentence like: Mary said that she loved me.... Did I got it right now??:blink::naughty:

Yeh, I also think that grammar is the hardest part... and ohhh, how I hate reported speech...:naughty: You know: Mary said "I love you!" and then I have to make the sentence like: Mary said that she loved me.... Did I get it right now??:blink::naughty:

yes - that is CORRECT!

:thumb_yello:

ding ding ding!!!!!

I`m a little bit of mutt too. :naughty: My dad is pure-blooded Georgian, but there are many things with my mum - she`s one total mutt! :punk: Her mother (my granny) is Latvian, dad, in general, is half Russian, half English. But dad`s mum was 1/4 German, 1/4 Latvian 1/4 French and 1/4 English ETC

Well... it`s not so simple is it? :roftl: Even My head started to rotate :boxed:

I'm a mutt! :punk: And I love mutts! I have English, Scottish, Irish and a bit of French ancestry from my mother's side and mostly Dutch from my father's side. My two married sisters are both married to Mexican-Americans so all of my nieces and nephews are mutts. Yay!:thumb_yello: I am fascinated by the differences and similarities in different cultures. Up with variety!:punk: