• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello hello :)

My mom was born in Canada, but her family is from Ireland, Britain, Ukraine, and Latvia, I think. My dad is full on Japanese and I was born in America.

So basically Japanese, Canadian & American. Personally, I think I look completely Asian, but there are a few people who claim that they can tell I'm mixed :) I dunno I also sorta have trouble "declaring" what I am. I really only "feel" Japanese and American. Japanese because of my appearance and American because of the culture I was raised in. So... yup, that's me.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a proud mutt! Can I be added to the list? I'm Dutch, German, Indonesian, English and Russian all mixed into one big mutt-cocktail. :biggrin2:

I know basically nothing about my Russian/English heritage. My great grandmother was Russian and her husband English, but I've never known them. My grandfather on my mom's side is from Indonesia and my grandmother on my dad's side is from Germany. And I was born in the Netherlands so yah!

I think it's kind of cool that I'm a mix of so many different ethnicities. People usually don't believe me though, because of my looks! I'm quite pale...

My being a mutt hasn't really affected me as a person. The most obvious however is my Indonesian heritage because I have certain things I do that are very typical. I can squat a certain way that many other people can't and I do stuff with my hands that my mom says is very typical for Asian people.

The best thing is the food, though. Indonesian food is great. :thumb_yello:

Well, this club doesn't do much more than add members it seems. It's my fault for neglecting you lot. So, how about a topic for discussion, eh?

How do you feel about your mix of ethnicities?

Do you have stronger ties to certain ones more than the others?

Do you ever have any trouble with which to identify with?

How do you think being a mutt has affected you, if at all?

Just some food for thought. What do you think?

How do you feel about your mix of ethnicities?

' I looove it!! :punk: Makes you different!...in a way...or something

Do you have stronger ties to certain ones more than the others?

' What do you mean?? :blink: uhhh...

Do you ever have any trouble with which to identify with?

' uhhh....noo??? i dont get this Q either xD

How do you think being a mutt has affected you, if at all?

' well... it hasnt affected me! i think???

everywhere i go... (or everywhere i LIVED), people see me as the foreign kid :boxed: [/b]

im not foreign! :shocked: im half-foreign!! :thumb_yello:

• 1 month later...
WOOOT! So, yeah I enjoy my ethnic mix! I was watching Fiddler on the Roof on Sunday, and my mom was telling me how my Great Grandmother was in a similar situation to the people in the film. It's really interesting learning about all of my relatives :biggrin2:

ooh, thats a really good film!!

• 2 months later...

Holaaa :P

can I be added too??? I'm not that mixed, but my dad's half lebanese (like our man <3) and half french, and my mom's half spanish and half irish :P

But i was born in Mexico so i only speak spanish, lil maya and a very poor english!

tho, I LOVE MIKAAAAAAA!!! with all heart and soul <3 :wub2:

Ohhh!! Just where I belong!! I'm a mutt as well..but not with soooo many different origins like you guys!!!

My great grandmother from my mother's side is Albanian, which makes me albanian as well. My grandmother is Italian, she married a Lebanese, got my mom, she married a Lebanese with Portuguese roots, married him..and here I am! :bleh: